What kind of game is Blade & Soul? Rate Topic: -----

User is offline   Oppa 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Race:Undecided
  • Class:Undecided

Posted Nov 20, 2012 - 1:06 AM

Hi guys, just out of curiosity... is this game dungeon-based like dragon nest and vindictus where there's no communication between players unless your inside town or is it like perfect world international where you can communicate with everyone that's training in the same map your in? couldn't really tell since some videos on youtube looked like a dungeon-based game while in some videos you can see other players running by. Do hope it's not dungeon-based though... it wouldn't be fun playing alone~

User is offline   Soultaker 

• 千ブレードダンシング
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Character:Kyoskae
  • Race:Jin
  • Class:Blade Master
  • Guild:Thieves Den

Posted Nov 20, 2012 - 1:15 AM

More like guild wars and perfect world and WoW and they have open instances where anyone can just go in
Posted Image

Are you someone who loves treasure and close bonds then check out Thieves Den! Click the pretty picture for infos on us ;D

User is offline   Radii 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • LocationAsian Super Market
  • Character:Radii, Sugu
  • Race:Lyn

Posted Nov 20, 2012 - 1:37 AM

There is small instances only made for your story quest though, So you feel as if the story was made for you and not the person next to you doing the same story. ;DD

User is offline   Oppa 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Race:Undecided

Posted Nov 20, 2012 - 1:51 AM

ooh so they have both open instances where everyone can go in and story-line instances too? that's great news! ^-^ it won't bore me like dragon nest and vindictus lol~ it feels too lonely playing those by myself xD

User is online   Ghastly 

• Large Hammer Master - 槌
  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderators
  • LocationIn a swamp!
  • Race:Gon
  • Class:Destroyer
  • Guild:Thieves Den

Posted Nov 20, 2012 - 1:58 AM

I recommend reading the discussions in the B&S Korea forums

B&S is a storied mmorpg. It's not your typical mmorpg where you have to fit into parties and play a role. You don't have to go around begging and hoping to join a guild or join others for quests.

You are the star in B&S, you're taken into this console-type rpg storyline which you can go through and explore the world of B&S. There are tons of optional sidequests too.

The fun lies in the gameplay, the storyline, and the work to upgrade yourself through weapons and other enhancements. While nothing is new or anything that other mmorpgs haven't done what B&S does do is make everything you do fun. Having had played Open Beta I can honestly tell you that I never felt cheated for my time and experience playing B&S.

Many will get that same feeling when they get their hands on B&S.
Posted ImageRemember to read our Forum Rules before posting!
Have a Blade & Soul related question? Check our FAQ before creating a topic/post.
Found a topic/post that violates our Forum Rules? Use the Report button and we'll deal with it!

User is offline   KTcraft 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • LocationUS
  • Race:Lyn

Posted Nov 21, 2012 - 5:42 AM

I have to disagree with you Ghastly in so as there ARE quest hubs and so you WILL find other players who may need-or you may need- help or just companionship while doing some pretty standard quest grinding. Yes it does have a story, however, the story itself is linear and not necessarily custom tailored to the player(like say skyrim).

I would say that Blade and Soul is a combat oriented MMO-moreso then other mmos since it's primary emphasis is on the individual skill level in combat, and this is what makes it stand apart from pretty much every other mmo-the combat system. Otherwise, so far, levels 1-30ish are pretty linear quest zones like AION, not a lot of room for wide exploration, tho from what ive seen they improve after that. Gameplay appears to be balanced around the 1v1 scenario rather then a team fight so expect epic duels-this is made rather obvious by their decision to implement a 1v1 arena system (Totally awesome IMO).

So far the way I see it, Blade and Soul is a hybrid fighter and third person action MMO with some story elements mixed in. If you are a fan of 3D fighting games (3d does NOT include Smash bros or street fighter) then you very well may enjoy Blade and Soul.
Posted Image

User is offline   Naom 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip
  • Location태산북두
  • Character:HimeNaomiah
  • Race:Gon
  • Class:Destroyer
  • Guild:Loli

Posted Jan 04, 2013 - 3:47 AM

it's kinda like asian themed Aion. on good and in bad.
Posted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users