• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • LocationIn my Library
  • Character:Clockwork
  • Race:Lyn
  • Class:Force Master
  • Guild:Slayers' Tower

Posted Nov 17, 2012 - 2:09 PM

So before I asked for some websites asking about where I can build a laptop or close to building my own laptop...That went well and I have 3 selections so far and I want a little outside input on what I should go with.

Option 1: http://www.excaliber...abSpecification

Option 2:
Spoiler

Option 3:
Spoiler

Note: For the last laptop it's duel video cards and I have not real experience with duel video cards. There is no option for single video card.

Also I am wonder what YOU would buy. Don't mind me I just want to know what seems more popular
Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat”- Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Posted Image
'Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories." - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

User is offline   Ryochan 

• |~Yorai Dragon~|
  • Group: Moderators
  • LocationNJ
  • Character:Ryochan
  • Race:Jin
  • Class:Assassin

Posted Nov 17, 2012 - 5:45 PM

I'd choose the MSI if getting an SSD isn't mandatory for you atm.

Edit: Nvm the MSI has windows 8. I wouldn't get Win8 yet.

http://www.youtube.com/yoraidragon
Rick James: "Cocain Blade and Soul is a hell of a drug." *giggles*
Posted Image

User is offline   Lyndis 

• Dojo Sensei
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationTexas
  • Race:Undecided
  • Class:Undecided

Posted Nov 17, 2012 - 8:24 PM

Yeah no Win 8. Compatibility issues everywhere.

User is offline   Garzel 

• The Dragon Artificer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationIn my Library

Posted Nov 18, 2012 - 1:21 AM

Opps. I didn't notice it had Win 8. Pay no attention to that I will prolly reformat and install Win7

I don't know much about SSD's so It's not a issue to have one or not.

So mar 2 for the MSI which is cool I have 2 friend who will add 2 to that number to
Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat”- Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Posted Image
'Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories." - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

User is offline   Soultaker 

• 千ブレードダンシング
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Character:Kyoskae
  • Class:Blade Master
  • Guild:Thieves Den

Posted Nov 18, 2012 - 3:15 AM

For an ssd get one to at least install your OS for faster boot times
Posted Image

Are you someone who loves treasure and close bonds then check out Thieves Den! Click the pretty picture for infos on us ;D

User is offline   Itachi.Uchiha 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Character:Itachi.Uchiha
  • Class:Kung-Fu Master

Posted Nov 18, 2012 - 5:49 AM

Dood, obviously the MSI is the best one the go with, first of all it's a good brand, and second of all it has the best specs.
The question here is what do YOU want, and how much money are you ready to pay?

First of all I'd like to inform you that for the same price you pay to these laptops you can get a drastically stronger desktop. But if you say, that it HAS to be portable, then of course go with the laptop.

Now a bit about laptops. You are buying new laptop, you are obviously going to play games with it and you want recent games to run smoothly on high settings. I'm going to give you a little advice.

1 and a half years ago I bought the Alienware M14X, Alienware is a very expensive brand but I did it sole for the 14 inch part. It is 14 inch which is the PERFECT size in my opinion for a laptop that is portable, because I take it with me to the university almost every day. And the laptop had an I7 quad core cpu and it had the geforce gt555m, which is a card between decent and good. but I can still run Black Ops II multiplayer on medium settings 900p 60fps (shadows low, no AA, no Vertical Sync, texture quality Extra, filtiring High) (same settings single player 40-50 fps). So I am very satisfied with a laptop that is actually portable. But now there is the Asus G46 Which is a cheaper (and it has waay better cooling) laptop. And asus is a great brand. it makes the best motherboards on the market.

Coming back to 17 inch laptops. They are big, especially if it's a gaming laptop, than they also get heavy. But I presume you took these aspects in consideration. because roughly after 4 years, you have a slow laptop that is a massive chunk of hardware. But if you want a 17 inch laptop, also take a look to the asus G75, They have IMMENSE cooling. Temprature can be a problem with laptops and gaming on it.

So yeah, at the end the choice is up to you.

(sorry for the long post, here have a potato)
Posted Image

Posted Image

真実を見せてやる
shinjitsu o misete yaru

ROSACEA FAMILY
- "Shall I fight for you?"

User is offline   Garzel 

• The Dragon Artificer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationIn my Library

Posted Nov 18, 2012 - 2:02 PM

Well it seems that the MSI wins. Cool I will hopefully be ordering it soon I can't wait
Posted Image

User is offline   Fatal 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Race:Gon
  • Class:Destroyer

Posted Nov 18, 2012 - 10:02 PM

Among those the MSI laptop is the best choice. It's always better to stick to a single GPU.

However, since you seem to have a budget about $1500, my recommendation would be to build yourself a desktop for $1000 and buy a decent $500 laptop. you'll get a lot more performance in games from desktop components and a cheaper laptop will be much more portable and still able to run most games respectably in their lowest settings. It's also much easier and cheaper to upgrade a desktop.

User is offline   Garzel 

• The Dragon Artificer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationIn my Library

Posted Nov 19, 2012 - 3:39 AM

In my last thread is specified that I have very tight living space and have no room for a desktop if I tried. that's why I am turning to laptop.
Posted Image

User is offline   Soultaker 

• 千ブレードダンシング
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Character:Kyoskae
  • Class:Blade Master
  • Guild:Thieves Den

Posted Nov 19, 2012 - 3:43 AM

What about a micro atx case and use an hdtv as your monitor so it doubles as a tv and monitor?
Posted Image

Are you someone who loves treasure and close bonds then check out Thieves Den! Click the pretty picture for infos on us ;D

User is offline   Ryochan 

• |~Yorai Dragon~|
  • Group: Moderators
  • LocationNJ
  • Character:Ryochan
  • Class:Assassin

Posted Nov 20, 2012 - 4:14 PM

Well, I might be getting this baby.
http://www.ebay.com/...=item3f1e7c724f

Update: I just ordered this, took advantage of the Black Friday deals =) Gtx 680m best mobile card to date. (Well they just released the GTX 680mx which is compatible with macs), can't get better than this for the price! http://www.xoticpc.c...08{100}734{164}

Also since this model won't have all the MSI stickers and MSI logo on it, I will customize it further with this! http://www.decalgirl...ptop-Skin-Ninja (And thus I am officially broke for the next few weeks, after saving up for a half year.

http://www.youtube.com/yoraidragon
Rick James: "Cocain Blade and Soul is a hell of a drug." *giggles*
Posted Image

User is offline   Garzel 

• The Dragon Artificer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationIn my Library

Posted Dec 22, 2012 - 12:52 PM

I have done it!

Spoiler

Here is my lady. She isn't this day up to date but she should last be a good long while

This post has been edited by Garzel: Dec 22, 2012 - 12:54 PM

Posted Image

User is offline   Vhex 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip
  • Character:Vhex
  • Guild:Guildless atm.

Posted Dec 23, 2012 - 9:09 AM

I wish I could afford a laptop like that, great specs XD

Your gpu is even better than the one in my desktop <.<

This post has been edited by Vhex: Dec 23, 2012 - 9:15 AM