• View gallery
  • Group: Members
  • LocationHalo's Ring
  • Character:Mushi
  • Race:Lyn
  • Class:Blade Master
  • Guild:MoonTree

Posted Nov 10, 2012 - 8:59 AM

From the day I saw all the good looking characters, hat's and cloths *more hats* I already knew this game would become Number 1 in all mmos.

Reminds me of Team Fortress 2 some reason. Think it's the hats.
Posted Image

User is offline   Zin 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationNorway
  • Character:Izanagi
  • Race:Jin
  • Class:Assassin
  • Guild:Nocturne [Torenia]

Posted Nov 10, 2012 - 9:29 AM

Think BnS will get mmo of 2013, havent seen any mmo that looks this good :)
Posted Image
Torenia Family
Hold my hand and close your eyes

User is offline   JemL 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationMéxico
  • Race:Undecided
  • Class:Undecided

Posted Nov 10, 2012 - 5:20 PM

View PostShaigh, on Nov 10, 2012 - 8:19 AM, said:

Anyone else find it silly to give out best year awards before the year ended?
What was the competition?
Tera won last year, and that game died quite fast in the west.

TERA died in NA not for being a bad game

User is offline   gunner429 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Guild:Affliction

Posted Nov 10, 2012 - 5:34 PM

View PostJemL, on Nov 10, 2012 - 5:20 PM, said:

TERA died in NA not for being a bad game

Tera died for its sucky western development team right? correct me if i'm wrong.
Posted Image

Signature/Guild Banner courtesy of blue sky 900

User is offline   Removed 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip

Posted Nov 10, 2012 - 6:31 PM

View Postgunner429, on Nov 10, 2012 - 5:34 PM, said:

Tera died for its sucky western development team right? correct me if i'm wrong.

Tera couldn't keep koreans playing, and has merged servers three times over the last year.

I don't mean that B&S will crash and burn, just saying winning awards is not same thing as being a successful game.

This post has been edited by Shaigh: Nov 10, 2012 - 6:33 PM

User is offline   Tashigi 

• Optimized
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted Nov 10, 2012 - 6:37 PM

TERA's problems lie with Bluehole Studio and their lack of vision and poor development cycle.
Blade & Soul is backed by Team Bloodlust, which IMO is a far more competent team and while I've personally had my doubts, they've proven to be far more capable and dedicated in every aspect of the word.

If Bluehole Studio had worked more closely with their player base and community, instead of focusing around itemshop and vanity items to milk the game with, things would have been different.
Additionally, the team lacks a huge deal of vision. From using a FPS UI to basing every known mechanic in the game around "luck" and RNG and much, much more.

Team Bloodlust and Bluehole Studio have proven themselves to be night and day.
So your money is much more safe with Team Bloodlust and B&S IMO.

The above poster is right, though. Awards meaning little, other than a fancy sticker.
But it also helps draw attention/marketing and B&S so desperately needs that in the west right now. Too bad that sticker has a "Korea" only label on it :P

This post has been edited by 回し蹴り ★: Nov 10, 2012 - 6:40 PM

User is offline   Zenek 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Class:Kung-Fu Master

Posted Nov 10, 2012 - 6:51 PM

Tera die because Previous conspect and promises was different than current version. Tera was supposed to be semi sandbox game focused on PvP with fully no-target system (no lock-ons and no any kind of aim assist). Game also was supposed to have strong suggestive content. Everything in game is changed since first version of game. Great combat system in FGT became some kind of joke. Also previous suggestive things got toned down. Game became completly theme park, so game do not have content after that far change and that is final blow for this game - Tera do not have content. Fact, BHS seems to not have idea what to do with game, do not make situation better.

I see B&S in a bit different situation. Honestly 3 years ago, I had much higher expectations from Tera than B&S. But NCsoft seems to consistently follows the original concept of game. So at the end, B&S will avoid alot of issues what Tera had. At this moment, it seems for me as much more solid game.

User is offline   discolipz 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip

Posted Nov 10, 2012 - 10:05 PM

Blade and soul has way better word of mouth than tera ever did. I played Tera from cbt and it was just a pretty cardboard cut out. There was little substance which grew a horrible community and thus lost many. I read about the flaws in bs and they are nothing if you ever played Tera.

User is offline   Zenek 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted Nov 11, 2012 - 10:38 AM

View Postdiscolipz, on Nov 10, 2012 - 10:05 PM, said:

Blade and soul has way better word of mouth than tera ever did. I played Tera from cbt and it was just a pretty cardboard cut out.

Sadly you did not saw FGT version with full no-target combat system.

User is offline   Awake. 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationOrlando, FL.
  • Race:Gon

Posted Nov 11, 2012 - 4:01 PM

The fact that Blade and Soul is backed internally by NCsoft pretty much solidifies it as being a hit and a success no matter what.

People like to hate on NCsoft, especially in the west, but there's no denying the popularity of the games they have put out over the years. Plus they have huge budget costs to help fund the development of better games like B&S.
Posted Image

User is offline   JemL 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationMéxico

Posted Nov 11, 2012 - 4:15 PM

View PostAwake., on Nov 11, 2012 - 4:01 PM, said:

The fact that Blade and Soul is backed internally by NCsoft pretty much solidifies it as being a hit and a success no matter what.

People like to hate on NCsoft, especially in the west, but there's no denying the popularity of the games they have put out over the years. Plus they have huge budget costs to help fund the development of better games like B&S.

Even when Lineage 2 was an excellent game atleast for me and AION soso, i hope they dont threat this game like they did in the past regarding to bot and RMT mainly, just log in and see what i mean, and it wasnt problem of going f2p, all that was there when they were p2p, like if they didnt even really care a single tiny bit

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted Nov 11, 2012 - 4:18 PM

View PostAwake., on Nov 11, 2012 - 4:01 PM, said:

This. I hate how much hate people have for NCsoft, just because of Aion which still has a strong player base. Yeah it wasn't the WoW killer that everyone thought it would be but it was still successful to some extent.
Posted Image

User is offline   BrandX 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Class:Assassin

Posted Nov 11, 2012 - 7:38 PM

This just means we need it ported over to NA NOW!

User is offline   Radii 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • LocationAsian Super Market
  • Character:Radii, Sugu

Posted Nov 11, 2012 - 8:26 PM

View Postgunner429, on Nov 10, 2012 - 5:34 PM, said:

That, And the sucky American players QQ'ing and getting things changed. End game has more enjoyable content now 5 months after release. NaTera should have never been "westernized" in the first place. I saw some leaked 2013 content data and I cannot wait to see what's in stores for Tera.

The only fear I have for B&S is the western audience QQ'ing and getting alot changed and making the game too easy/boring. etc

This post has been edited by Micky: Nov 11, 2012 - 8:28 PM

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted Nov 11, 2012 - 9:17 PM

View PostMicky, on Nov 11, 2012 - 8:26 PM, said:

That, And the sucky American players QQ'ing and getting things changed. End game has more enjoyable content now 5 months after release. NaTera should have never been "westernized" in the first place. I saw some leaked 2013 content data and I cannot wait to see what's in stores for Tera.

The only fear I have for B&S is the western audience QQ'ing and getting alot changed and making the game too easy/boring. etc

The way TBL has proven themselves, I don't think they will be as easy to change the game. It's nice to hear Tera isn't dead but it lost some player base they will never get back. In my opinion it could have been so much better of a game.
Posted Image

User is offline   Vile Samael 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Character:Ryang Huan-Yong
  • Class:Summoner

Posted Nov 11, 2012 - 9:34 PM

View PostMicky, on Nov 11, 2012 - 8:26 PM, said:

I doubt they'll change much aesthetically or gameplay-wise. Nothing major anyways. We don't need babies getting the game nerfed like Vin >:/''
Posted Image

User is offline   JemL 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationMéxico

Posted Nov 11, 2012 - 9:56 PM

i hope they dont listen any NA brainless developer/or anything like that or any NA brainless player, and just translate and give it away, i wouldnt like to see a video in youtube like this in the future

NA is a very known bitching region, while europeans and russians just adapt and play

ps: iam NA

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted Nov 11, 2012 - 11:17 PM

View PostJemL, on Nov 11, 2012 - 9:56 PM, said:

i hope they dont listen any NA brainless developer/or anything like that or any NA brainless player, and just translate and give it away, i wouldnt like to see a video in youtube like this in the future

NA is a very known bitching region, while europeans and russians just adapt and play

ps: iam NA

Dear TBL...DO NOT DO THIS!!!!!!
Posted Image

User is offline   Tashigi 

• Optimized
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted Nov 11, 2012 - 11:26 PM

You do realize that's a two edged blade?
There's two problems and quite frankly? I don't think it's fair to expect a solution.

1) NA/EU publishers/developers like Blizzard listen too closely to their customers.
2) Many publishers/developers, specially Asian ones, don't listen enough or at all to their customers.

The key is finding the middle ground, which as ironic as it may be, I felt Blizzard had with the initial stages of WOW (Pre TBC).
It was almost there, but they pushed too hard with TBC and then tried to balance it back to what it was with WOTLK and so on and so forth with Cataclysm. I hear MOP is actually very close to classic WOW but I haven't nor plan to play it, so I'll leave that to someone else to fill.

User is offline   Removed 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip

Posted Nov 12, 2012 - 12:13 PM

Changes in western versions of tera online happened because of enmasse and frogster, it had nothing to do with players. The biggest changes were elin armor (by enmasse) and removal of blood (eu only). The really big changes happened in korea though, and had nothing to do with enmasse or frogster.

When it comes to blizzard, if it hadnt been for them listening to customers the game would have stagnated early. Battlegrounds, arena, dualspec, heroics, tier tokens, dailies, dungeon finder, changes to alchemy, removal of attunements was requested by the playerbase.

Making everything solofriendly, nerf heroics to the ground, making easy epics are design decisions by blizzard to cater to the casual crowd.

PS: MoP is nothing like vanilla wow.

This post has been edited by Shaigh: Nov 12, 2012 - 12:14 PM

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users