Blade & Soul Dojo: What are your fears & why? - Blade & Soul Dojo

Jump to content

  • 2 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What are your fears & why? Rate Topic: -----

#21
User is offline   Radii 

  • Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 270
  • Joined: Jul 19, 2012
  • LocationAsian Super Market
  • Character:Radii, Sugu
  • Race:Lyn
  • Class:Undecided

Posted Nov 03, 2012 - 3:50 PM

View PostUruru, on Nov 03, 2012 - 3:18 PM, said:

I have a fear of Justin Bieber coming out of the closet, he just can't or my dreams of our future together will be shattered </3


That guy has better legs than most of the girls on this forum. Yeah, I saw that naked photo~

I have a fear of loosing any of my limbs, I'd rather die than have to walk around with one leg or have one arm.

Im just greedy and weird like that.

This post has been edited by Micky: Nov 03, 2012 - 3:51 PM

0

#22
User is offline   Haneul 

  • Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 106
  • Joined: Oct 27, 2012
  • Race:Jin
  • Class:Blade Master

Posted Nov 04, 2012 - 5:11 PM

What I fear the most is aging... getting old. It scares me more than anything I can think of.

I know I will die in agony and alone, I've always known it because of how I am, and I really don't care to live and die alone, I like it... but I don't want to wake up one day and look at the mirror to see the face of an old man. No. I want to die much earlier than that.

This post has been edited by Haneul: Nov 04, 2012 - 5:13 PM

Posted Image
0

#23
User is offline   Ghastly 

  • Large Hammer Master - 槌
  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 5507
  • Joined: May 11, 2010
  • LocationIn a swamp!
  • Race:Gon
  • Class:Destroyer
  • Guild:Thieves Den

Posted Nov 05, 2012 - 1:07 AM

View PostHaneul, on Nov 04, 2012 - 5:11 PM, said:

What I fear the most is aging... getting old. It scares me more than anything I can think of.

I know I will die in agony and alone, I've always known it because of how I am, and I really don't care to live and die alone, I like it... but I don't want to wake up one day and look at the mirror to see the face of an old man. No. I want to die much earlier than that.

Why fear old age when...



Posted Image

Fictional as all that might be it is still possible to be a great old man/woman. All in perspective.
Furthermore, this is a symptom of growing up in a culture which looks down on old people and doesn't respect them (compared to many other cultures).
Posted ImageRemember to read our Forum Rules before posting!
Have a Blade & Soul related question? Check our FAQ before creating a topic/post.
Found a topic/post that violates our Forum Rules? Use the Report button and we'll deal with it!
1

#24
User is offline   JemL 

  • Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 149
  • Joined: Sep 30, 2012
  • LocationMéxico
  • Race:Undecided
  • Class:Undecided

Posted Nov 09, 2012 - 5:10 AM

death

i wonder what happen next
0

#25
User is offline   Lyndis 

  • Dojo Sensei
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 912
  • Joined: Aug 31, 2011
  • LocationTexas
  • Race:Undecided
  • Class:Undecided
  • Guild:Slayers' Tower

Posted Nov 09, 2012 - 6:00 PM

I fear nothing. <---- Lie

Live life as you see fit and roll with the punches.
0

#26
User is offline   Somerandom 

  • Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 12
  • Joined: Nov 07, 2012
  • LocationAustralia
  • Character:Restriction
  • Race:Kun
  • Class:Kung-Fu Master
  • Guild:Lotus

Posted Nov 10, 2012 - 1:40 AM

Living in Australia, I'm naturally impervious to animal fears. Kidding, I hate giant snakes X_X.

My biggest fear though is probably dying before I live a fulfilling life.
0

#27
User is offline   Haneul 

  • Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 106
  • Joined: Oct 27, 2012
  • Race:Jin
  • Class:Blade Master

Posted Nov 14, 2012 - 4:42 PM

I realized I also fear falling from a ship into the ocean... even if it is for 10 seconds and I can be rescued... I would freak out because of not knowing what is underneath me in the vastness of the ocean... any creature could be approaching my defenseless legs in the water without me realizing... aasgljhagkjlhsjklbjasg I could be eaten by sharks and nasty animals...
Posted Image
0

#28
User is offline   Eternal 

  • Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • View gallery
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 19
  • Joined: Nov 06, 2012
  • Race:Kun
  • Class:Force Master

Posted Nov 15, 2012 - 9:42 AM

Trespassing spiders. If it's in someone else's room, I don't care. :D

When I see a spider chilling somewhere and then it vanishes when I look back at it again and I have to go to sleep knowing it's roaming around.
There are those who sacrifice their lives, and there are those who take them...

Bored? Me too
http://www.livestream.com/sly716
0

#29
User is offline   Jayrune 

  • Dojo Student
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 85
  • Joined: Nov 09, 2012
  • LocationTexas
  • Race:Lyn
  • Class:Force Master
  • Guild:Thieves Den

Posted Nov 15, 2012 - 10:24 AM

Bugs in general. Invokes that creepy crawly sensation on my skin, cockroaches in particular (especially the huge ass ones we got here).

A specifically stronger fear of spiders and wasps (particularly black widows and brown recluses, cause i know what they can do).

And a rather specific fear of high heat, correlated to a lower than average threshold for physical pain from heat. My skin will send pain signals even if whatever is touching it is not hot enough to actually do any damage. Washing my hands with hot water or getting into a hot tub is painful for about 5-6 seconds before my system realizes "oh, it's not actually dangerous, OK turn off the alarms!". Very annoying really.
Posted Image
0

#30
User is offline   Kitsune 

  • Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 132
  • Joined: Nov 15, 2012
  • LocationRequiem Forest
  • Character:Kitsune
  • Race:Lyn
  • Class:Blade Master

Posted Nov 21, 2012 - 2:08 AM

I am afraid of losing my individuality and my independence. I have worked hard to shape myself into the person I am now; I wish not to lose that. I would much rather die than to become a brain-washed, submissive conformist who lacks true emotion and is void of fondness and understanding for the greater things in life.
Posted Image
2

#31
User is offline   Ghastly 

  • Large Hammer Master - 槌
  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 5507
  • Joined: May 11, 2010
  • LocationIn a swamp!
  • Race:Gon
  • Class:Destroyer
  • Guild:Thieves Den

Posted Nov 22, 2012 - 10:20 AM

View PostKitsune, on Nov 21, 2012 - 2:08 AM, said:

I am afraid of losing my individuality and my independence. I have worked hard to shape myself into the person I am now; I wish not to lose that. I would much rather die than to become a brain-washed, submissive conformist who lacks true emotion and is void of fondness and understanding for the greater things in life.

We need more people like you.
Posted ImageRemember to read our Forum Rules before posting!
Have a Blade & Soul related question? Check our FAQ before creating a topic/post.
Found a topic/post that violates our Forum Rules? Use the Report button and we'll deal with it!
0

#32
User is offline   Exodus 

  • Do you feel lucky, Punk?
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2265
  • Joined: Jul 06, 2010
  • LocationValhalla
  • Race:Gon
  • Class:Destroyer
  • Guild:♣ Lotus - 山 Leader ♣

Posted Dec 01, 2012 - 10:46 AM

I dont know... its not that i dont fear anything but i mostly dont like stuff but try to accept them and do my best :/
Being afraid of something that it paralyzes me is not my style

I still dont get how ppl are scared of stuff like heights, spiders, snakes, needles etc..
:confused:
Posted Image
Δῶς μοι πᾶ στῶ καὶ τὰν γᾶν κινάσω

0

#33
User is offline   Kitsune 

  • Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 132
  • Joined: Nov 15, 2012
  • LocationRequiem Forest
  • Character:Kitsune
  • Race:Lyn
  • Class:Blade Master

Posted Dec 01, 2012 - 11:04 AM

View PostExodus, on Dec 01, 2012 - 10:46 AM, said:

I still dont get how ppl are scared of stuff like heights, spiders, snakes, needles etc.. :confused:


The way I see it, fear is a natural life-preservation technique/defense mechanism for all life forms, just like pain. In fact, those two things are closely related: your body warns you to stay away from things like heights, spiders, snakes, needles, etc., by making you afraid of them because of the harm they can potentially inflict on you.
Posted Image
0

#34
User is offline   Surgam 

  • Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 44
  • Joined: Nov 22, 2012
  • LocationReality
  • Race:Gon
  • Class:Undecided

Posted Dec 03, 2012 - 8:50 PM

I fear losing control...and little kid ghosts...mostly little kid ghosts.

"He has not learned the lesson of life who does not every day surmount a fear." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
0

#35
User is offline   Nekuraba 

  • Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 306
  • Joined: Dec 03, 2012
  • LocationBehind you~
  • Character:Morginna
  • Race:Jin
  • Class:Assassin

Posted Dec 03, 2012 - 8:58 PM

Slenderman....
0

#36
User is offline   Exodus 

  • Do you feel lucky, Punk?
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2265
  • Joined: Jul 06, 2010
  • LocationValhalla
  • Race:Gon
  • Class:Destroyer
  • Guild:♣ Lotus - 山 Leader ♣

Posted Dec 05, 2012 - 7:49 PM

View PostKitsune, on Dec 01, 2012 - 11:04 AM, said:

The way I see it, fear is a natural life-preservation technique/defense mechanism for all life forms, just like pain. In fact, those two things are closely related: your body warns you to stay away from things like heights, spiders, snakes, needles, etc., by making you afraid of them because of the harm they can potentially inflict on you.


It's true but as the humans that we are, we should never let obstacles control our paths of life
Sure fear is something that we all experiences for example: If i tell you take the hot charcoal with your naked hand, your body will automatically try its best to stop you for doing so for your own good

But the fear that i mean is the type of fear that we humans create and live our lives with them just so we wont face them.

Just by coincidence i watched "My Extreme Animal Phobia" a month ago... it was so retarded... *facepalm*

Posted Image
Δῶς μοι πᾶ στῶ καὶ τὰν γᾶν κινάσω

1

#37
User is offline   Kitsune 

  • Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 132
  • Joined: Nov 15, 2012
  • LocationRequiem Forest
  • Character:Kitsune
  • Race:Lyn
  • Class:Blade Master

Posted Dec 05, 2012 - 9:54 PM

View PostExodus, on Dec 05, 2012 - 7:49 PM, said:

It's true but as the humans that we are, we should never let obstacles control our paths of life
Sure fear is something that we all experiences for example: If i tell you take the hot charcoal with your naked hand, your body will automatically try its best to stop you for doing so for your own good

But the fear that i mean is the type of fear that we humans create and live our lives with them just so we wont face them.

Just by coincidence i watched "My Extreme Animal Phobia" a month ago... it was so retarded... *facepalm*



I agree with you there. There's time and place for fear, but sometimes it is unnecessary and can even prevent people from maximizing potential & making dreams into reality.
Posted Image
0

Share this topic:

  • 2 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users