Blade & Soul Dojo: Gunslinger Class - Blade & Soul Dojo

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Gunslinger Class opinionated class discussion.

User is offline   Napsys 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • LocationHolland
  • Character:Napsys
  • Race:Jin
  • Class:Undecided
  • Guild:Nocturne: Rosacea Family

Posted Nov 04, 2012 - 5:33 AM

similar to the assasins neck-slicing technique

for the gunner :

ump onto the enemy, legs onto the shoulders from opponent so their head basically comes into the private areas of the gunner lol and then a point blank shot against the head.

something like that is just epic, and pretty much possible to create
Posted Image

User is offline   BrandX 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Class:Assassin

Posted Nov 04, 2012 - 9:03 AM

View PostZenek, on Nov 04, 2012 - 3:35 AM, said:

Especially rifles/guns from this period - it was only single-shot firearm, with unreliability and accuracy problems.

This really isn't a worry, since martial artists from this time period didn't go about throwing fireballs either.

I think it's understood that those of us who want the gunner class, are okay with such things as the boss with a gatling gun, and pistols that look remenisant (sp?) of Desert Eagles. Basically, what you saw in the OP's videos. We think would work well in B&S.

User is offline   Teny 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • LocationToronto
  • Class:Blade Master

Posted Nov 04, 2012 - 12:35 PM

View PostVile Samael, on Nov 03, 2012 - 9:21 PM, said:

I dunno, I think they fit pretty well IMO. But that's just an opinion and stuff. I did raise my eyebrow like 40 feet into the air when I saw the rifle chick with no shirt shooting her rifle like a machine gun in a cutscene because it just looked really weird. Plus rifles don't work that way rrrrrrrr

Yeah, the rifle is shit.

For anyone that's played more than 10 minutes they would know the rifle is garbage, any of those rifle-using chars have basically 3 moves, single target charge, backslide, and some weird AoE.

The boss from sea floor has enough utility to justify making it into a class. If it was a shitty rifle user it would get trolled 24/7.

This post has been edited by Teny: Nov 04, 2012 - 12:35 PM

I don't have time for this... Ò_____Ó.

User is offline   gunner429 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Guild:Affliction

Posted Nov 04, 2012 - 1:24 PM

View PostVile Samael, on Nov 03, 2012 - 9:21 PM, said:

I dunno, I think they fit pretty well IMO. But that's just an opinion and stuff. I did raise my eyebrow like 40 feet into the air when I saw the rifle chick with no shirt shooting her rifle like a machine gun in a cutscene because it just looked really weird. Plus rifles don't work that way rrrrrrrr

Rapid fire skill? who knows? I agree with the style of the guns fitting aesthetically. They are very oriental in design.
Posted Image

Signature/Guild Banner courtesy of blue sky 900

User is offline   Azazel 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • LocationBehind you!
  • Character:Azazel

Posted Dec 20, 2012 - 9:51 PM

I think a gunner could work quite well. Remember this?

Destroyer vs Gunner

I thought it looked like a fun class to play when I first saw this. I don't think any class she be at the level of over the top craziness that the characters in Dead Fantasy are though. Tone it down a bit and I'll be good.

This post has been edited by Azazel: Dec 20, 2012 - 9:52 PM

User is offline   Vhex 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip
  • Character:Vhex
  • Race:Lyn
  • Class:Force Master
  • Guild:Guildless atm.

Posted Dec 20, 2012 - 10:58 PM

They have a lot of npcs in the game that use guns I was really shocked when I couldn't pick gunner as a class.
Posted Image

User is offline   foxlight713 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Location电信二区 ; 斩天诀
  • Character:Foxtrot
  • Class:Kung-Fu Master
  • Guild:B&S Dojo

Posted Dec 22, 2012 - 5:04 AM

View PostAzazel, on Dec 20, 2012 - 9:51 PM, said:

Yup there's the clip from the (2009?) BnS trailer, plus the NPC's with rifles on the beach in the tutorial missions (lv 1-5 irc?)

Plus there's this image of a character holding a gatling gun as offical BnS art. In addition I recal 3 or 4 other images featering the costumes and a character holding a ranged weapon such as a pistol and a crossbow. Not to mention the data mining thread with all the models of rifles and handguns.
http://www.bladeands..._181_157384.jpg

View PostNotturno, on Oct 28, 2012 - 5:19 PM, said:

I think there's a major gap in the current class compendium; I can't think of a single MMORPG that doesn't have a non-magic ranged damage dealer. There's a huge sub-sect of MMORPG players that exclusively play these types of characters as well; snipers, archers, gunners, whatever they may be in other games. You cannot deny that the non-magic ranged damage dealer is pervasive throughout the genre, and I think neglecting that class is a mistake.

This pretty much describes my preferred classes that I play in rpg's. Love the smell of gunpowder and the click clack bang bringing ring of brash shell casings into the body of my targets metaphorically speaking. Dragons Nest - Ranger, World of Warcraft - Hunter, PSO ep1&2 - Ranger, PSO2 - Ranger/Gunner, Guild wars 2 - ranger, City of heroes - Gun user, Champions online - Munitions (guns), Kingdoms of Amalur - played a legolas type character. Skyrim - axe and sheild with Bow primary.

While I do plan on playing this game as a Kung-fu master, I am hoping for a Gunner/Archer type class for BnS. Preferably Gunner because it might offer a bit more "style-ish" moves for abilities to go with the rest of the game's classes and unique display of character skills.
"Every one has a story, weather it is short or long not all of them are told."
http://fox-light713.deviantart.com/
Posted Image
*Warning spelling errors may and will happen in my posts*

User is online   DayBreeze 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Character:DayBreeze

Posted Dec 22, 2012 - 10:06 PM

i present to you... new class! they combined gunner with archer and gave us harpoon/crossbows. lol

Posted Image

Posted Image

not really new class. its a pick up weapon in the game.

User is offline   Naom 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip
  • Location태산북두
  • Character:HimeNaomiah
  • Race:Gon
  • Class:Destroyer
  • Guild:Loli

Posted Dec 25, 2012 - 8:04 AM

i guess they couldnt deside which weapons the gunsliners use
so decided to add the class later on to rule more people back.
Posted Image

User is offline   Zero_ 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip

Posted Jan 02, 2013 - 6:06 AM

Well I'm open to changes but don't you think having a minigun while the others are carrying swords daggers and knuckles would be a bit odd? thus a classy 50 caliber handgun would be awesome
Posted Image

User is offline   Napsys 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationHolland

Posted Jan 02, 2013 - 1:19 PM

if classes can use cats as a wepon they might aswell use miniguns as a wepon
Posted Image

User is offline   Zenek 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted Jan 02, 2013 - 5:54 PM

View PostNapsys, on Jan 02, 2013 - 1:19 PM, said:

if classes can use cats as a wepon they might aswell use miniguns as a wepon

You can not compare use in fight trained animal to weapon from completly different era.

There are also another issues like:

Balance - how are you want balance fight sword vs minigun? How are you want make it possible to block or dodge? Are you know usual speed of bullet is around 700 m/s? (arrow from bow usually does not exceed 100 m/s.)

Realism - how are you want travel with all this shells and minigun? How are you want jump with it? If you have no idea about what you talk, here is movie how "practical" to use is minigun:

This post has been edited by Zenek: Jan 02, 2013 - 6:03 PM

User is offline   Napsys 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationHolland

Posted Jan 02, 2013 - 7:14 PM

View PostZenek, on Jan 02, 2013 - 5:54 PM, said:

You can not compare use in fight trained animal to weapon from completly different era.

There are also another issues like:
Balance - how are you want balance fight sword vs minigun? How are you want make it possible to block or dodge? Are you know usual speed of bullet is around 700 m/s? (arrow from bow usually does not exceed 100 m/s.)

Realism - how are you want travel with all this shells and minigun? How are you want jump with it? If you have no idea about what you talk, here is movie how "practical" to use is minigun:

jesus christ why so fucking serious dude, lighten up man.

i wasnt comparing trained animals with guns.

uhmmm, one of the bosses actually used the mini gun, all they need to do is tweak the dmg and skills to match the other characters.
so if were gonna make this more serious heres what i mean :

for example
forcemaster : good aoe, okay distance, okay attack speed. okay damage. (im just giving the forcemaster some ''stats'' to make the comparison easier to understand.)
gunner: worse aoe- slightly more distance-, faster attack speed- the damage per bullet is worse- than forcemaster.

anyway, you are way too serious, shits just fantasy, if wed want the game to be all practical than we might aswell skip all the qing qong and force shit so stop bitching about how unrealistic guns would be.
Posted Image

User is offline   Nameless 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip

Posted Jan 02, 2013 - 10:12 PM

i fail to see the reasons why some ppl think gunners "dont fit the game". If you looking for a realistic perspective,consider this.
The japanese were using guns during their feudal period as far back as the 13th century,ok they not as fancy as some you see within the game(mini gun) but the ones u do, like those matchlock rifles were definately used and especially in that original 2009 video of the destroyer vs gunner vid,those are very close to the ones from that time period. As for having an archer in the game...... ffs you see archers in every mmo,forget the dam archers IMO.

So in saying this ,im all for the gunner,its fits the game just fine...keep in mind too that this game has the assasin class which they too had a hand in the use of gunpowder(small bombs/diversion tactics) If any1 thinks the gunner doesnt fit this game,well then neither should the assasin.

User is offline   Zenek 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted Jan 03, 2013 - 1:37 PM

View PostNapsys, on Jan 02, 2013 - 7:14 PM, said:

anyway, you are way too serious, shits just fantasy, if wed want the game to be all practical than we might aswell skip all the qing qong and force shit so stop bitching about how unrealistic guns would be.

Everything have own borders, even fantasy. Would you like make from eastern fanasy game a SF game? With ideas like this is very easy to break game realities and even gameplay. Would you like make from this game next Quake?
I may be too serious. I'm old player after all and I'm tired of looking how good game has been destroyed because of ideas what did not fit to this games. Also I'm scared about game balance - range and stealth classes are the one what always cause the most problems.

User is offline   Napsys 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationHolland

Posted Jan 03, 2013 - 3:34 PM

View PostZenek, on Jan 03, 2013 - 1:37 PM, said:

Everything have own borders, even fantasy. Would you like make from eastern fanasy game a SF game? With ideas like this is very easy to break game realities and even gameplay. Would you like make from this game next Quake?
I may be too serious. I'm old player after all and I'm tired of looking how good game has been destroyed because of ideas what did not fit to this games. Also I'm scared about game balance - range and stealth classes are the one what always cause the most problems.

B&S has guns already, do they make the game look like some kind of mech game? not at all.

so if it bothers you that much you shouldnt be interested in B&S cause guns ARE already in the game, theres simply not a gunner class revealed yet.

so for the sake of balance we will only have melee/shortranged warrior classes, yaaaay <3
Posted Image

User is offline   Zenek 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted Jan 03, 2013 - 5:00 PM

View PostNapsys, on Jan 03, 2013 - 3:34 PM, said:

so for the sake of balance we will only have melee/shortranged warrior classes, yaaaay <3

Yes, because I want want play MMO where melee characters means something in group PvP. I want have fun during play melee character. It also means I would like also realistic battles.

MMO usualy have broken this part. As long as all ancient and medieval battles was mainly based oninfantry and cavalry. While archers/crossbowmen was only support, in MMO all mass PvP look like 2 groups of range DPS shot to each other and every melee die before come even close to range DPS. And B&S - martial arts style fit the best for it.

User is offline   Ryochan 

• |~Yorai Dragon~|
  • Group: Moderators
  • LocationNJ
  • Character:Ryochan

Posted Jan 03, 2013 - 5:32 PM

Anyone remember this scene? 1:15

http://www.youtube.com/yoraidragon
Rick James: "Cocain Blade and Soul is a hell of a drug." *giggles*
Posted Image

User is offline   Zenek 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted Jan 03, 2013 - 6:37 PM

Unfortunately this idea will bring this:

While true beauty of of battles is only if mainly based on white weapons.

User is offline   Ryochan 

• |~Yorai Dragon~|
  • Group: Moderators
  • LocationNJ
  • Character:Ryochan

Posted Jan 04, 2013 - 2:31 AM

^ man, if only they had used a good amount of Qi Gong ;)
http://www.youtube.com/yoraidragon
Rick James: "Cocain Blade and Soul is a hell of a drug." *giggles*
Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users