October 4th Patch Notes
A new major patch was released today for Blade & Soul (KR). This is just the start of whats to come for the last few remaining months of 2012. Be sure to check out the 7 Waves Update preview if you didn't catch that last week.
Points of Interest
- The "Closet" is a new feature that allows you to store your clothes and accessories.
- The Closet will start you off with 24 available slots. You may unlock up to 56 slots, though the price to unlock rows will gradually increase.
- You can now enable a feature that alerts you when your daily quest has been reset.
- You can now redesign your character after purchasing a "Customization Ticket" from the cash shop.
- Added a feature that allows you to save the customization settings of a character and reapply them to another character.
- You can now compare how big your character is to other races via a silhouette in character customization.
- New backgrounds and camera angles have been added in character customization.
- Several new customization elements and sliders have been added to each race and gender throughout character customization.
- Jin Males received 3 new hair styles and Gon Males received 4 new hair styles.
Below you'll find the full translated patch notes.
Combat & Skills
- Fixed a skill description error of Flying Sword skill saying it would be usable during the Summoned Sword state.
- Fixed the animation glitch where it won’t display your character getting up if you used the “Block” skill while knocked down.
- Fixed the skill bug of Tier 4 “Guardian Spirit” giving enemies an immune when they were within the skill range.
- When you learn the Tier 5 of the “Spin Slash” talent the tooltip will now properly display you gain 7 Chi when you hit an enemy
- Tier 6 of the skill “Landslide” will now recover 15% health instead of the previous 5%.
- Targets hit by the Tier 1 of the skill “Choke” will now properly gain a “Unconscious” debuff.
- Fixed the tooltip issue of Tier 4 Talent of the skill “Hidden Punch” saying it gives 15 second of critical hit chance buff when it is actually 1.5 seconds.
- You can now use the skill “Escape” when you are unconscious.
- You can no longer use the skill Tier 2 of “Freeze Finger / Frost Finger” on an enemy that is in the air.
- Your “Back Roll” skill’s cooldown will now show on your buff icon and will countdown until it is available again.
- Fixed the bug of your Tier 1 “Ice Flower” curing both enemy and your ally’s unconscious state.
- Tier 2 of the “Smoke Grenade” talent will now recover more health in its AOE area, also lowering the cooldown of the skill to 24 from 45 seconds.
- You can now properly teleport to your teleport Ward skill while under the effect of “Stealth”.
- The skill “Heart Jab” skill now animates faster also it causes a shorter global cooldown.
- When you learn the Tier 1 ~ 3 Talent of the skill “Iron Wall” you will now gain the increased 40% of your health healed.
- When you learn the Tier 1 & Tier 3 of the “Iron Wall talentl your cooldown will be increased to 30 seconds.
- When you learn the Tier 2 of the “Iron Wall” talent your cooldown will be increased to 45 seconds.
- When you learn the Tier 3 of the “Kick” talent and if your skill causes an enemy the unconscious state you will gain an icon showing the time left to “Reuse” the skill.
- If you change your summon’s mode to “Follow” mode it will lose interest in its current target and follow the summoner.
- Tier 5 of the “Flower Pollens” skill will now recover 20% of the health instead of the 5%.
- Tier 6 of the “Flower Pollens” skill will now recover 100% of your Chi instead of the 50%.
- When you learn Tier 5 & 6 of the “Flower Pollens” skill your cooldown of that skill will decrease to 24 seconds from 45 seconds.
- Blade Master will be no longer to deflect the summoner’s takedown skill.
- Fixed the debuff icon tooltip of the Tier 1 “Retreat” skill to properly display that it is display the cooldown time left on the skill.
- Tier 6 of “Foxtail” skill will now properly knock back enemies when used during “down, groggy, unconscious, chi choked, dominated or submissioned”.
- If you kill a “Corrupted Spider” you will now gain a Large Heroic Medal instead of a Small Heroic Medal.
Dungeon > Heroic Dungeon > Port Blood Shark
- Toxic Man eating Serpent’s health was decreased.
- Toxic Man eating Serpent’s “Poison Nova” skill will no longer stack up to 3 times and now will not stack at all.
- Chung-Rang and Hong-Rang’s damages were decreased.
- The game will properly kill off both Chung-Rang and Hong-Rang if you kill one of them when the other is Chi Meditating.
- Chung-Rang and Hong-Rang will no longer be able to Chi Meditate when being submissioned, chi choked or dominated.
- Hae Moo-Jin’s damages were decreased.
- Phase 4 of the Hae Moo-Jin’s fight when he used the skill “Craze Winds” it will no longer deflect attacks.
- Eating “Small Vege Dumpling” now properly shows on the combat log.
- The inventory will now play a proper sound effect when moving the items “Pirate’s Loot”, “Pirate King’s Symbol”.
Party & Community
- Once you register your party in the “Party Finder” and select someone as a party leader, you will no longer receive messages from people who wants to join.
- You will now also be able to access the “Closet” from the same NPC who let you access your storage.
- You will gain 24 slots in total and unlock up to 56 more slots.
- The cost of the slots gets progressively more expensive.
- You can store “Clothes, cloth accessories, head accessories, face accessories, summon’s clothes, summon’s headpiece and summon’s accessories” in the closet.
- You can use the “auto arrange” features in the closet just like the storage.
- You can also separate them by their categories with the radio button on the bottom of the window.
- You can now enable a feature that alerts you when your daily quest has been reset.
- Fixed the bug of “Auto detect” feature showing in other areas other than the graphics tab.
- You can now set the opacity of the chatting window to 100.
- When you press the “reset” button it will completely reset all the tabs in your chat window.
Gathering & Crafting
- You will now be able to leave an organization even if they are in the middle of handling your request.
- Lumberjack organization will now show you where you can find some “Zelkova” trees.
- You can now redesign your character after purchasing a "Customization Ticket" with a button that is integrated within the character select screen.
- If you want to customize your character you need to purchase a “Customization Ticket” from the cash shop.
- There’s now an “Appearance” tab in the photo journal.
- You can press the “Save Appearance” to save the settings of your character’s appearance.
- You can press the “Apply Appearance” to implement the saved appearance on your character.
- The saved appearances will be stored My Documents\Pictures\BnS\CharacterCustomize as the file “race_gender_Date_number.jpg”
- Jin males got 3 more hair styles and Gon males got 4 more hair styles.
- You can now select different backgrounds and camera angles.
- You can now compare how big your character is compared to other races via a silhouette.
- The outfits you try on will now disaply outfits in this order: Undergarment - Lawful League – Demon Cult – Autumn Leaves – Proof of Event – Racial outfit
- Some areas of the sliders were increased in its min max range.
- All races will now be able to change how big their head is and their height.
- Kuns will be able to adjust their shoulder size, length of their thighs as well as their calves, height of their eye brows, eye shape, eye width, distance between the eyes and shape of the bridge of their nose.
- Gon males will be able to adjust their shoulder width, shoulder size, length of calves, eye size, eye shape and width of the bridge of their nose.
- Gon females will be able to adjust their shoulder size, feet size, length of their thighs and calves, eye brow height, eye width and the distance between the eyes.
- Lyn males will be able to adjust their neck length, shoulder width, thigh width, thigh length, calf length, upper body size, eyebrow height and eye width.
- Lyn Females will be able to adjust their neck length, shoulder width, shoulder size, thigh length, calf length, upper body size, eyebrow height and eye width.
- Jin males will be able to adjust their shoulder width, shoulder size, arm length, waist width, thigh length, calf length, eyebrow height, eye shape, eye width and eye to eye distance.
- Jin female will be able to adjust their shoulder size, thigh length, calf length, eyebrow angle, eye size, eye shape and eye width.