User is offline   Revast 

• Greetings!
  • View gallery
  • Group: Administrators
  • Character:Revast
  • Race:Jin
  • Class:Assassin

Posted Oct 04, 2012 - 2:57 PM

Update - The official Western Blade & Soul site has updated their media section with new screenshots and wallpapers. Check it out!

October 4th Patch Notes
A new major patch was released today for Blade & Soul (KR). This is just the start of whats to come for the last few remaining months of 2012. Be sure to check out the 7 Waves Update preview if you didn't catch that last week.

Points of Interest
  • The "Closet" is a new feature that allows you to store your clothes and accessories.
  • The Closet will start you off with 24 available slots. You may unlock up to 56 slots, though the price to unlock rows will gradually increase.
  • You can now enable a feature that alerts you when your daily quest has been reset.
  • You can now redesign your character after purchasing a "Customization Ticket" from the cash shop.
  • Added a feature that allows you to save the customization settings of a character and reapply them to another character.
  • You can now compare how big your character is to other races via a silhouette in character customization.
  • New backgrounds and camera angles have been added in character customization.
  • Several new customization elements and sliders have been added to each race and gender throughout character customization.
  • Jin Males received 3 new hair styles and Gon Males received 4 new hair styles.

Below you'll find the full translated patch notes.

October 4th Patch Notes
Source | Translated by Yuan.

Combat & Skills
Blade Master
  • Fixed a skill description error of Flying Sword skill saying it would be usable during the Summoned Sword state.
  • Fixed the animation glitch where it won’t display your character getting up if you used the “Block” skill while knocked down.
  • Fixed the skill bug of Tier 4 “Guardian Spirit” giving enemies an immune when they were within the skill range.
  • When you learn the Tier 5 of the “Spin Slash” talent the tooltip will now properly display you gain 7 Chi when you hit an enemy

Kung-Fu Master
  • Tier 6 of the skill “Landslide” will now recover 15% health instead of the previous 5%.
  • Targets hit by the Tier 1 of the skill “Choke” will now properly gain a “Unconscious” debuff.
  • Fixed the tooltip issue of Tier 4 Talent of the skill “Hidden Punch” saying it gives 15 second of critical hit chance buff when it is actually 1.5 seconds.
  • You can now use the skill “Escape” when you are unconscious.

Force Master
  • You can no longer use the skill Tier 2 of “Freeze Finger / Frost Finger” on an enemy that is in the air.
  • Your “Back Roll” skill’s cooldown will now show on your buff icon and will countdown until it is available again.
  • Fixed the bug of your Tier 1 “Ice Flower” curing both enemy and your ally’s unconscious state.

Assassin
  • Tier 2 of the “Smoke Grenade” talent will now recover more health in its AOE area, also lowering the cooldown of the skill to 24 from 45 seconds.
  • You can now properly teleport to your teleport Ward skill while under the effect of “Stealth”.
  • The skill “Heart Jab” skill now animates faster also it causes a shorter global cooldown.

Destroyer
  • When you learn the Tier 1 ~ 3 Talent of the skill “Iron Wall” you will now gain the increased 40% of your health healed.
  • When you learn the Tier 1 & Tier 3 of the “Iron Wall talentl your cooldown will be increased to 30 seconds.
  • When you learn the Tier 2 of the “Iron Wall” talent your cooldown will be increased to 45 seconds.
  • When you learn the Tier 3 of the “Kick” talent and if your skill causes an enemy the unconscious state you will gain an icon showing the time left to “Reuse” the skill.

Summoner
  • If you change your summon’s mode to “Follow” mode it will lose interest in its current target and follow the summoner.
  • Tier 5 of the “Flower Pollens” skill will now recover 20% of the health instead of the 5%.
  • Tier 6 of the “Flower Pollens” skill will now recover 100% of your Chi instead of the 50%.
  • When you learn Tier 5 & 6 of the “Flower Pollens” skill your cooldown of that skill will decrease to 24 seconds from 45 seconds.
  • Blade Master will be no longer to deflect the summoner’s takedown skill.
  • Fixed the debuff icon tooltip of the Tier 1 “Retreat” skill to properly display that it is display the cooldown time left on the skill.
  • Tier 6 of “Foxtail” skill will now properly knock back enemies when used during “down, groggy, unconscious, chi choked, dominated or submissioned”.

NPC
  • If you kill a “Corrupted Spider” you will now gain a Large Heroic Medal instead of a Small Heroic Medal.

Dungeon
Dungeon > Heroic Dungeon > Port Blood Shark
  • Toxic Man eating Serpent’s health was decreased.
  • Toxic Man eating Serpent’s “Poison Nova” skill will no longer stack up to 3 times and now will not stack at all.
  • Chung-Rang and Hong-Rang’s damages were decreased.
  • The game will properly kill off both Chung-Rang and Hong-Rang if you kill one of them when the other is Chi Meditating.
  • Chung-Rang and Hong-Rang will no longer be able to Chi Meditate when being submissioned, chi choked or dominated.
  • Hae Moo-Jin’s damages were decreased.
  • Phase 4 of the Hae Moo-Jin’s fight when he used the skill “Craze Winds” it will no longer deflect attacks.

Items
  • Eating “Small Vege Dumpling” now properly shows on the combat log.
  • The inventory will now play a proper sound effect when moving the items “Pirate’s Loot”, “Pirate King’s Symbol”.

Party & Community
  • Once you register your party in the “Party Finder” and select someone as a party leader, you will no longer receive messages from people who wants to join.

Interface
Closet
  • You will now also be able to access the “Closet” from the same NPC who let you access your storage.
  • You will gain 24 slots in total and unlock up to 56 more slots.
  • The cost of the slots gets progressively more expensive.
  • You can store “Clothes, cloth accessories, head accessories, face accessories, summon’s clothes, summon’s headpiece and summon’s accessories” in the closet.
  • You can use the “auto arrange” features in the closet just like the storage.
  • You can also separate them by their categories with the radio button on the bottom of the window.

Settings
  • You can now enable a feature that alerts you when your daily quest has been reset.
  • Fixed the bug of “Auto detect” feature showing in other areas other than the graphics tab.

Chatting Window
  • You can now set the opacity of the chatting window to 100.
  • When you press the “reset” button it will completely reset all the tabs in your chat window.

Gathering & Crafting
  • You will now be able to leave an organization even if they are in the middle of handling your request.
  • Lumberjack organization will now show you where you can find some “Zelkova” trees.

System
Appearance Change
  • You can now redesign your character after purchasing a "Customization Ticket" with a button that is integrated within the character select screen.
  • If you want to customize your character you need to purchase a “Customization Ticket” from the cash shop.
  • There’s now an “Appearance” tab in the photo journal.
  • You can press the “Save Appearance” to save the settings of your character’s appearance.
  • You can press the “Apply Appearance” to implement the saved appearance on your character.
  • The saved appearances will be stored My Documents\Pictures\BnS\CharacterCustomize as the file “race_gender_Date_number.jpg”

Character Customization
  • Jin males got 3 more hair styles and Gon males got 4 more hair styles.
  • You can now select different backgrounds and camera angles.
  • You can now compare how big your character is compared to other races via a silhouette.
  • The outfits you try on will now disaply outfits in this order: Undergarment - Lawful League – Demon Cult – Autumn Leaves – Proof of Event – Racial outfit
  • Some areas of the sliders were increased in its min max range.
  • All races will now be able to change how big their head is and their height.
  • Kuns will be able to adjust their shoulder size, length of their thighs as well as their calves, height of their eye brows, eye shape, eye width, distance between the eyes and shape of the bridge of their nose.
  • Gon males will be able to adjust their shoulder width, shoulder size, length of calves, eye size, eye shape and width of the bridge of their nose.
  • Gon females will be able to adjust their shoulder size, feet size, length of their thighs and calves, eye brow height, eye width and the distance between the eyes.
  • Lyn males will be able to adjust their neck length, shoulder width, thigh width, thigh length, calf length, upper body size, eyebrow height and eye width.
  • Lyn Females will be able to adjust their neck length, shoulder width, shoulder size, thigh length, calf length, upper body size, eyebrow height and eye width.
  • Jin males will be able to adjust their shoulder width, shoulder size, arm length, waist width, thigh length, calf length, eyebrow height, eye shape, eye width and eye to eye distance.
  • Jin female will be able to adjust their shoulder size, thigh length, calf length, eyebrow angle, eye size, eye shape and eye width.

User is offline   Yuan 

• 형이야
  • View gallery
  • Group: Translator
  • Character:Yuan
  • Guild:Slayers' Tower

Posted Oct 04, 2012 - 3:49 PM

dat thigh length
Slayers' Tower currently recruiting!

User is offline   LilLyn17 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • LocationItaly
  • Character:LPThor
  • Race:Lyn
  • Class:Blade Master
  • Guild:Erotica

Posted Oct 04, 2012 - 3:54 PM

Thanks for the translation ^^
It's good to see they're still improving the customization with new hair styles and options for the body...a lot of games completely ignore that.
Love these major updates :yes:
"In a way you can learn everything you need to know from watching it as a kid, like, always play nice...always try your hardest....
and even, it's ok to cry"
Posted Image

User is offline   Fishcake 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted Oct 04, 2012 - 4:43 PM

Holy moly, alot more got fixed than I thought would be :big_smile:
I really like that the daily reset will give you a notification now; there's been other games where I usually forget when the ingame time reaches its reset point.
And a glorious option to tell your summoner pet to stop attacking, finally! xD
Though I wanna see the new hairstyles for the males lol :P
Posted Image

User is offline   Lyndis 

• Dojo Sensei
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationTexas
  • Race:Undecided
  • Class:Undecided

Posted Oct 04, 2012 - 4:57 PM

When they speak about this "daily quest" which one are they referring to? Didn't B&S had once a day quests.

User is offline   ღKurori~Iaara-Haanღ 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • LocationWonder Woman's Invisible Jet....You can't see me in that right???
  • Character:Kurori (alt Kiyrino)
  • Class:Force Master
  • Guild:N/A

Posted Oct 04, 2012 - 5:18 PM

Nothing wrong with more customization in my opinion, I'm only wondering now how much hours I'll be putting into this.

It's good to see them doing these kinds of things, fixing stuff, patching up classes and things like that, keeping the game fine tuned. I like it, it's inspiring and encouraging and helps you stick behind the product with relative ease knowing the developer has your back.

Posted Image

☬Forget your regrets, they're better left behind☬

User is offline   Ghastly 

• Large Hammer Master - 槌
  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderators
  • LocationIn a swamp!
  • Race:Gon
  • Class:Destroyer
  • Guild:Thieves Den

Posted Oct 04, 2012 - 6:17 PM

Great news! Customization updates are always great because it gives you a ton more options, specially new hair styles. Have to say I like that they're giving male characters a lot of attention.
Posted ImageRemember to read our Forum Rules before posting!
Have a Blade & Soul related question? Check our FAQ before creating a topic/post.
Found a topic/post that violates our Forum Rules? Use the Report button and we'll deal with it!

User is offline   Pokki 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • LocationBehind you :3
  • Character:Pokki
  • Guild:Thieves Den

Posted Oct 04, 2012 - 6:36 PM

All the customization~ In any case I hope to see most of the small mistakes within the game being fixed, usually they ignore stuff like that and it always bugged me, e.g. Aion: Le me running around the city, goes to cross the lift, a wild rubber band appears "Oh whew, that was a close one, for a sec I thought I'd gone and fallen off the- NOOOOOOOO!" :sob:
Posted Image

User is offline   Yuan 

• 형이야
  • View gallery
  • Group: Translator
  • Character:Yuan

Posted Oct 04, 2012 - 7:03 PM

View PostLyndis, on Oct 04, 2012 - 4:57 PM, said:

When they speak about this "daily quest" which one are they referring to? Didn't B&S had once a day quests.

They always had daily quests from early levels, usually involving killing bosses in dungeons and what not.
Slayers' Tower currently recruiting!

User is offline   pixus 

• Dojo Sensei
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Class:Kung-Fu Master

Posted Oct 05, 2012 - 11:01 AM

wow that is a MAJOR update lol. And I am excited about changing your character over if you wanted to. I wonder if you can buy different hairstyles though?
Posted Image

User is offline   Sekuiya 

• Phoenix
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Administrators
  • LocationPortugal
  • Character:Sekuiya
  • Class:Force Master
  • Guild:Nocturne

Posted Oct 07, 2012 - 7:30 AM

Aww, can't get enough of updates. The more the merrier.

Gotta love updates. Especially the ones concerning us. Those new screenshots in the West side are really well done!
Posted Image
Remember to read our Forum Rules before posting!
Have a Blade & Soul related question? Check our FAQ before creating a topic/post.
Found a topic/post that violates our Forum Rules? Use the Report button and we'll deal with it!

User is offline   Radii 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • LocationAsian Super Market
  • Character:Radii, Sugu

Posted Oct 07, 2012 - 7:25 PM

Love the updates. Love how much ncsoft actually focuses on customization.

It's a huge part of the game.

User is offline   Button 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Location「 lo ndo n 」
  • Class:Summoner
  • Guild:「 n oct . v isc ar ia 」

Posted Oct 07, 2012 - 9:57 PM

That's an impressive list of patch notes. Customization is an integral part of the MMO experience and I'm glad they've really gone to town with it.
Posted Image

User is offline   yerher559 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Character:Darren
  • Race:Undecided

Posted Oct 09, 2012 - 7:52 PM

where is the DownLoad Link so that i can get it?

User is offline   sirene 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip
  • LocationMid-America
  • Character:Siren
  • Race:Gon

Posted Oct 11, 2012 - 1:45 PM

I'm so pleased about the attention to customization. literally, that's what i've been looking for in a mmo game. No lie. and I'm so excited about this. I'll probably spend all of my time collecting outfits lol

User is offline   Vile Samael 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Character:Ryang Huan-Yong
  • Class:Summoner

Posted Oct 14, 2012 - 4:42 PM

The ability to change proportions as I please, ahhhh yes.

I like the summoner buff too heyooooooo
Posted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users