• Group: Members
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Character:Ryang Huan-Yong
  • Race:Lyn
  • Class:Summoner

Posted Nov 29, 2012 - 10:41 AM

View PostLyndis, on Nov 28, 2012 - 7:47 PM, said:

See you in September 2013 :smooth:

While you are correct that there is always the threat of a new competitor, it is taken as a natural reoccuring theme of said market. Having experience with the MMO market, I just can't see this being ready by Spring or Summer of next year. There is just so much more to it than translation and localization. Heck, just use the experience from EVERY other MMO that has ever hit North America. Even when all is said and done and everything is ready to go; on launch day EVERY single MMO still has problems they don't expect.

I see a lot of people on these forums saying the NA launch doesn't need a Pre-CBT stress test and CBT and just jump straight into OBT, but this couldn't be further from the truth. Therefore, as most of us dedicated fans here have said before, a little more patience is not going to hurt anyone.

Would I like to see B&S be released ASAP? You bet. But is it currently realistic? I personally don't think so.

BnS IS most likely going to need at least one closed beta, especially if people want it to be polished and, y'know, not buggy as hell upon release. It might not need as much prior testing as Korea had to, since we wouldn't be testing a brand new game like they were, but it's still going to need it. You know if they do skip CBT you'd have the same people wanting to skip it whining about bugs and server problems.
Posted Image

User is offline   TianXia 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Character:TianXiaYa
  • Class:Undecided

Posted Nov 29, 2012 - 2:15 PM

Hello all, I'm new to here. i just wondering if anyone know the data this game will release?

User is offline   Neoz 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Class:Blade Master
  • Guild:Royal Legion

Posted Nov 29, 2012 - 2:20 PM

In first half of 2013 .

User is offline   Vile Samael 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Character:Ryang Huan-Yong
  • Class:Summoner

Posted Nov 29, 2012 - 2:33 PM

It's all speculation right now. We just have to wait for official info, so your guess is as good as ours.
Posted Image

User is offline   Skyform 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip
  • View gallery
  • Character:Furinkazan
  • Race:Gon
  • Class:Kung-Fu Master
  • Guild:Thieves Den

Posted Nov 29, 2012 - 2:35 PM

Hope beta starts in early 2013. Hope that it's released mid 2013.. expect it to be a 2014 release.
Posted Image

User is offline   BloodJoker 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationLos Angeles
  • Character:BloodJoker
  • Race:Jin
  • Guild:Slayers Tower

Posted Nov 29, 2012 - 4:15 PM

2014??? :sob:
No mercy for the weak, No pity for the dying, No tears for the slain
Posted Image
In the midst of the Empire stand the most powerful symbol of strength known to the entire region, Slayers Tower.
Signature By: Blue Sky 900

User is offline   Gender Infection 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip

Posted Nov 29, 2012 - 4:52 PM

That is a very darned long time. I hope it doesn't take that long. Surely NCSoft won't take until 2014 to release it.

I may just have to keep playing Tera and Final Fantasy XIV in the meantime. Hopefully A Realm Reborn will be pretty good.

User is offline   Shinsetsu 

• Dojo Sensei
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted Nov 29, 2012 - 4:52 PM

As sad as that may be, its a realistic possibility considering their FAQ answers very vaguely, "We will launch it when we are confident it is ready."
Posted Image

User is offline   Skyform 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip
  • View gallery
  • Character:Furinkazan

Posted Nov 29, 2012 - 5:16 PM

It's heavily dependent on if they want triple A voice acting or not with their cut-scenes too.

They could just do translation, get cheap voice actors and done... but I don't think they want to do that considering it's NCsoft.
Posted Image

User is offline   Lyndis 

• Dojo Sensei
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationTexas
  • Race:Undecided
  • Guild:Slayers' Tower

Posted Nov 29, 2012 - 8:56 PM

View PostVile Samael, on Nov 29, 2012 - 10:41 AM, said:

BnS IS most likely going to need at least one closed beta, especially if people want it to be polished and, y'know, not buggy as hell upon release. It might not need as much prior testing as Korea had to, since we wouldn't be testing a brand new game like they were, but it's still going to need it. You know if they do skip CBT you'd have the same people wanting to skip it whining about bugs and server problems.

Indeed. The first will need to be a 5-7 day closed stress test for the NA audience. This is to ensure that no scripting errors cause the game to crash or malfunction due to wonky localization work. Other key factors of this test are making sure all text is fixed, skill descriptions are correct, mob AI corresponds to translated/localized commands properly, etc.

User is offline   Overeem 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip

Posted Nov 30, 2012 - 6:53 AM

I really do understand people wanting to get their hands on BnS, but at the same time you only need to look at games that were released/rushed to the market and failed miserably. Ncsoft is currently doing a good job keeping Korean players engaged in the game by releasing bug fixes/balancing and most importantly 'content' for players to STAY with the game. However how that will translate for the western audience remains to be seen given how poorly Korean MMO's do here in the States and in Europe.

People need to remember that Ncsoft already has a bad track record with Lineage 2 and Aion. Some of the biggest complaints is how they handled RMT botter's and the player's that purchase said in game currency. This new team I would hope is up to the challenge and in bringing about actual change to the perception that Ncsoft as a company has received with their past titles. Make no mistake that while BnS appears to look good and at this present time seems to be doing well, all of this can change in a very short time for the worst. The new team handling BnS for us western players have their work cut out for them, Its going to be a long road for Ncwest to regain the trust players have lost with them.

TERA Online can now be chalked up as another failed Korean MMO, and thus hurts BnS presence here in the west. My hope is they are scrapping the old ways in how they handle and present these MMO's to us, that communication between NCWest and NcKorea are more open and present then ever before.

So with that said, I want the NcWest team to take their time and get everything right the first time and have systems in place beforehand to help battle RMT and players that purchase in game currency right from launch. En Masse Entertainment, the only good thing I can say about them is that they did do a very good job in handling RMT and spamming of it in game.

There is just too many negatives pointing at the NcWest team right now, I'd think everyone here should be exercising patience and uplifting NcWest team in anyway possible form to get them on the right track from past failures.

I want to see this, because I want Blade and Soul to succeed. As should you all...

User is offline   Ghastly 

• Large Hammer Master - 槌
  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderators
  • LocationIn a swamp!
  • Class:Destroyer

Posted Nov 30, 2012 - 11:57 AM

That just completely changed my perspective Overeem. Welcome to the Dojo (and Sting is GREAT!)
Posted ImageRemember to read our Forum Rules before posting!
Have a Blade & Soul related question? Check our FAQ before creating a topic/post.
Found a topic/post that violates our Forum Rules? Use the Report button and we'll deal with it!

User is offline   Yami Akuma 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip
  • LocationDenmark

Posted Nov 30, 2012 - 2:17 PM

Alpha/beta etc i could see start Early 2013 ( what i think we all hope for ) and maybe game release at mid 2013 or close to mid.

This post has been edited by Yami Akuma: Nov 30, 2012 - 2:18 PM

Posted Image

User is offline   Taekyu 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip
  • Character:Taekyu

Posted Nov 30, 2012 - 3:40 PM

I don't foresee them releasing the game in the west before the 7 waves update is done in Korea. It seems illogical to me, and I would hope they are seeking to release the game with all of this content included. I admit I'm half expecting some kind of testing to start early next year.. and could easily see it being Fall 2013 if they follow the same format they used for Aion. Beta testing started what, May? And ran through the summer.

I would be very surprised if it ended up being 2014. I can only see 2014 if the current content isn't considered satisfactory but I doubt it.

User is offline   Zenek 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted Nov 30, 2012 - 4:01 PM

As I remember all NCsoft releases was on ~September/October. If they do not want push it, I guess fall of 2013 is a correct date.

User is offline   JemL 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationMéxico

Posted Nov 30, 2012 - 4:14 PM

Aion was released in november 25, 2008 in SK // september 22, 2009 in NA
Lineage II was released october 1, 2003 in SK // april 24, 2004 in NA

Those has been the two big MMOs from NCSoft korea so far...so you can have an ETA too now

Blade & soul was released June 30, 2012 in SK // ETA in NA

User is offline   Notturno 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted Nov 30, 2012 - 4:37 PM

Blade & Soul is already operational in one region, and simply needs localization and translation work to be ready for other regions. Carbine Studios is way too far off from being done with WildStar as well. There's no way NCsoft will go without releasing at least one title in 2013, and I would bet money Blade & Soul will be it. I'm guessing the first half of 2013, probably between April and July, since that would be at least two financial quarters after their last major release (Guild Wars 2).

User is offline   Lyndis 

• Dojo Sensei
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationTexas
  • Guild:Slayers' Tower

Posted Nov 30, 2012 - 9:27 PM

View PostOvereem, on Nov 30, 2012 - 6:53 AM, said:

I really do understand people wanting to get their hands on BnS, but at the same time you only need to look at games that were released/rushed to the market and failed miserably. Ncsoft is currently doing a good job keeping Korean players engaged in the game by releasing bug fixes/balancing and most importantly 'content' for players to STAY with the game. However how that will translate for the western audience remains to be seen given how poorly Korean MMO's do here in the States and in Europe.

People need to remember that Ncsoft already has a bad track record with Lineage 2 and Aion. Some of the biggest complaints is how they handled RMT botter's and the player's that purchase said in game currency. This new team I would hope is up to the challenge and in bringing about actual change to the perception that Ncsoft as a company has received with their past titles. Make no mistake that while BnS appears to look good and at this present time seems to be doing well, all of this can change in a very short time for the worst. The new team handling BnS for us western players have their work cut out for them, Its going to be a long road for Ncwest to regain the trust players have lost with them.

TERA Online can now be chalked up as another failed Korean MMO, and thus hurts BnS presence here in the west. My hope is they are scrapping the old ways in how they handle and present these MMO's to us, that communication between NCWest and NcKorea are more open and present then ever before.

So with that said, I want the NcWest team to take their time and get everything right the first time and have systems in place beforehand to help battle RMT and players that purchase in game currency right from launch. En Masse Entertainment, the only good thing I can say about them is that they did do a very good job in handling RMT and spamming of it in game.

There is just too many negatives pointing at the NcWest team right now, I'd think everyone here should be exercising patience and uplifting NcWest team in anyway possible form to get them on the right track from past failures.

I want to see this, because I want Blade and Soul to succeed. As should you all...

By any chance are you studying business management, because if you are we need to get together and talk so I can give you some more awesome tips. :embarrassed: :embarrassed:

Well thought out post. Thanks for sharing.

User is offline   Asuna 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip
  • LocationLos Angeles
  • Character:Wendy
  • Guild:currently searching :)

Posted Dec 01, 2012 - 3:15 PM

im gonna say it will release in Q2 of 2013

User is offline   Ghastly 

• Large Hammer Master - 槌
  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderators
  • LocationIn a swamp!
  • Class:Destroyer

Posted Dec 02, 2012 - 1:20 AM

Merged threads about release dates.
Posted ImageRemember to read our Forum Rules before posting!
Have a Blade & Soul related question? Check our FAQ before creating a topic/post.
Found a topic/post that violates our Forum Rules? Use the Report button and we'll deal with it!

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users