Blade & Soul Cash Shop Show By Steparu Rate Topic: -----

User is offline   Fishcake 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Race:Jin
  • Class:Blade Master

Posted Sep 27, 2012 - 1:14 PM

To summarize what Daybreeze is saying, basically yeah, you can buy those gems from the cash shop but the way gems work, you actually have to have some skill to even get benefits from them. And it doesn't seem to be an issue getting gems ingame. Is that right?
Posted Image

User is offline   SaibotMK 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip
  • LocationUS
  • Class:Assassin
  • Guild:Slayer's Tower

Posted Sep 27, 2012 - 1:27 PM

Im sure it will be (B2P)
If you are going to play on western servers and like to PvP hit me up!

User is offline   DayBreeze 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Character:DayBreeze
  • Class:Kung-Fu Master

Posted Sep 27, 2012 - 1:57 PM

View PostFishcake, on Sep 27, 2012 - 1:14 PM, said:

To summarize what Daybreeze is saying, basically yeah, you can buy those gems from the cash shop but the way gems work, you actually have to have some skill to even get benefits from them. And it doesn't seem to be an issue getting gems ingame. Is that right?

getting gems in game is much dependent on how good the player fight. if you fight really bad your chance of getting gems decrease. vice versa.

i don't know the exact formula but from observation i am sure the game factors in how fast you kill your target, and how much damage you take while you fight, into the formula for how often you get the dungeon key drop, and also how strong the gems you recieve from the chest is. which means getting weapon gems is directly in the player's control. so if you can't get good gems, don't blame cash shop, don't blame the game, improve your shitty skills :big_smile:

This post has been edited by DayBreeze: Sep 27, 2012 - 1:59 PM

User is offline   Ryochan 

• |~Yorai Dragon~|
  • Group: Moderators
  • LocationNJ
  • Character:Ryochan

Posted Sep 27, 2012 - 1:58 PM

Just give me Cash Shop Color Dye! and I will be happy!!!! 8D
http://www.youtube.com/yoraidragon
Rick James: "Cocain Tree Of Savor is a hell of a drug." *giggles*
Posted Image

User is offline   Kogane 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Character:Kogane
  • Race:Gon
  • Guild:Thieves Den

Posted Sep 27, 2012 - 3:05 PM

View PostDayBreeze, on Sep 27, 2012 - 1:57 PM, said:

getting gems in game is much dependent on how good the player fight. if you fight really bad your chance of getting gems decrease. vice versa.

i don't know the exact formula but from observation i am sure the game factors in how fast you kill your target, and how much damage you take while you fight, into the formula for how often you get the dungeon key drop, and also how strong the gems you recieve from the chest is. which means getting weapon gems is directly in the player's control. so if you can't get good gems, don't blame cash shop, don't blame the game, improve your shitty skills :big_smile:

Guess I better hope I'm not a crappy Kung-fu master. ><
Posted Image

User is offline   Removed 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip
  • Race:Undecided
  • Class:Undecided

Posted Sep 27, 2012 - 3:42 PM

View PostRyochan, on Sep 27, 2012 - 1:58 PM, said:

Just give me Cash Shop Color Dye! and I will be happy!!!! 8D

Color dye was available in aion, why do you prefer that its available in a cash shop?

One of my favorite things back in wow was when our raid group organized weekly raids into zul aman to get people bears, and it really made the group come together and work for a common goal. After a bunch of months the 15 that joined the bear raiding group all had their mounts. I did raid bunch of years together with that group, but the highlight was definitely those kinds of raids.

Special items inside the game adds value to mmorpg, and you could never get that stuff from cash shops. Give me value for a subscription, but don't ask me to spend more money for stuff that should be in the game.

User is offline   Shinaji 

• Emperor of Lightning ( 雷帝 뇌제 )
  • View gallery
  • LocationJamaica
  • Character:Something Cool
  • Guild:Slayers' Tower

Posted Sep 27, 2012 - 3:45 PM

Okay.
1. EXP Boost. Negligible, doesn't matter, not important, not a real advantage. But if you want to believe it is, have fun with that.

2. Cosmetics. No brainer.

3. Weapon Gems I don't agree with, don't know if they will give a significant boosts but I don't think they should be in the shop. But I am 99% sure it won't be in the NA/EU version. They aren't that stupid, maybe it'll fly over there but it won't fly here.

4. Cash Shops are going to be in EVERY MMO from now on, P2P, B2P or F2P. IT worked in P2P, it grants more money, games are produced by companies, companies aim is to make money, the consumer has spoken and P2P customers are willing to throw money at P2P cash shops. So get over it, it won't change as long as it turns a profit. So unless you plan to somehow rally the troops you'd better get over the whole Cash Shop stigma because it's here to stay.

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted Sep 27, 2012 - 3:55 PM

View PostKogane, on Sep 27, 2012 - 3:05 PM, said:

Guess I better hope I'm not a crappy Kung-fu master. ><

you will know by how many good gems you have.... or don't have.

User is offline   Ryochan 

• |~Yorai Dragon~|
  • LocationNJ
  • Character:Ryochan

Posted Sep 27, 2012 - 4:12 PM

View PostShaigh, on Sep 27, 2012 - 3:42 PM, said:

Color dye was available in aion, why do you prefer that its available in a cash shop?

One of my favorite things back in wow was when our raid group organized weekly raids into zul aman to get people bears, and it really made the group come together and work for a common goal. After a bunch of months the 15 that joined the bear raiding group all had their mounts. I did raid bunch of years together with that group, but the highlight was definitely those kinds of raids.

Special items inside the game adds value to mmorpg, and you could never get that stuff from cash shops. Give me value for a subscription, but don't ask me to spend more money for stuff that should be in the game.

Aion had already made it apart of the game with gatherables. Hyung I believe, talked about not having color alternatives (WHYYY Q_Q). Most of the costumes are epic! However the color to some of them make them less appealing to me =/.
http://www.youtube.com/yoraidragon
Rick James: "Cocain Tree Of Savor is a hell of a drug." *giggles*
Posted Image

User is offline   Brotillian 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Character:Cotillian
  • Class:Destroyer

Posted Sep 27, 2012 - 6:04 PM

View PostShinaji, on Sep 27, 2012 - 3:45 PM, said:

Okay.
1. EXP Boost. Negligible, doesn't matter, not important, not a real advantage. But if you want to believe it is, have fun with that.

2. Cosmetics. No brainer.

3. Weapon Gems I don't agree with, don't know if they will give a significant boosts but I don't think they should be in the shop. But I am 99% sure it won't be in the NA/EU version. They aren't that stupid, maybe it'll fly over there but it won't fly here.

4. Cash Shops are going to be in EVERY MMO from now on, P2P, B2P or F2P. IT worked in P2P, it grants more money, games are produced by companies, companies aim is to make money, the consumer has spoken and P2P customers are willing to throw money at P2P cash shops. So get over it, it won't change as long as it turns a profit. So unless you plan to somehow rally the troops you'd better get over the whole Cash Shop stigma because it's here to stay.

/thread

Seriously though, unless the weapons and gems were like low level with higher level stats etc, then even those wouldn't have that much of an impact so long as they aren't exceedingly rare things. Not to mention it's highly unlikely they'll make it to the Western cash shops since Western players don't play that.

The people who feel as though they're being forced to buy exp boosts and things like that from the cash shop in order to keep up with the Joneses are particularly silly. But I guess if you feel like you have something to prove or would feel small if you weren't the first person to hit level cap then go nuts. I've spent enough money in cash shops in the past to know how childish and small it is to inconvenience yourself just to compete with others. But I suppose without people like that we'd never see stories like people dying at their desks and neglecting loved ones in order to teach ourselves restraint...harhar.

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted Sep 27, 2012 - 6:11 PM

View PostBrotillian, on Sep 27, 2012 - 6:04 PM, said:

The people who feel as though they're being forced to buy exp boosts and things like that from the cash shop in order to keep up with the Joneses are particularly silly.

YES

But I guess if you feel like you have something to prove or would feel small if you weren't the first person to hit level cap then go nuts. I've spent enough money in cash shops in the past to know how childish and small it is to inconvenience yourself just to compete with others.

YES

But I suppose without people like that we'd never see stories like people dying at their desks and neglecting loved ones in order to teach ourselves restraint...harhar.

YES YES YES. LOL. the ones that want to compete in the leveling race. too pitiful.

User is offline   Honzo 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip
  • LocationAustralia
  • Character:HonZoMon
  • Guild:Thieves Den

Posted Sep 27, 2012 - 7:07 PM

Aion had already made it apart of the game with gatherables. Hyung I believe, talked about not having color alternatives (WHYYY Q_Q). Most of the costumes are epic! However the color to some of them make them less appealing to me =/.

:cry: Please give us dyes..... :cry:

Yeah I think what Ryo was saying is that dyes would probably be a cash shop item in BnS (If they put them in at all). But obviously no one would prefer it this way =P. If they were free and a part of the game/crafting itself.... mmmmmmm so much better :dreaming: .

On another note as far as exp scrolls go. I'm way behind my guild and friends in GW2 in levels (burnt out on it I guess), but I still cbf buying exp scrolls to catch up. Even though I say it's a good idea for catching up on lvls.... I'd still prefer to take my time and take in the game I guess.
"I am a shadow, I have no name."

Posted Image

“All of my enemies shall die by this blade.”

User is offline   Lagoz 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip
  • LocationFinland
  • Character:Zudiz

Posted Sep 27, 2012 - 9:12 PM

View PostDayBreeze, on Sep 27, 2012 - 1:57 PM, said:

Play like shit and compensate it with cash shop.
LawL, I'm out ~~~~
IGN: Zudiz
Class: Destroyer
Server: 网通五区
Sub-server: 白清剑
Guild: Insomnia
Faction: Blue

User is offline   Vile Samael 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Character:Ryang Huan-Yong
  • Race:Lyn
  • Class:Summoner

Posted Sep 27, 2012 - 9:27 PM

Might as well not argue with that guy, he seems to not even read what we say and just goes "HAHA ALL CASH SHOPS ARE PAY TO WIN" over and over again. Even though this is a damn reasonable cash shop if I've ever seen one 6___6''a
Posted Image

User is offline   Lagoz 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip
  • LocationFinland
  • Character:Zudiz

Posted Sep 28, 2012 - 5:57 PM

View PostVile Samael, on Sep 27, 2012 - 9:27 PM, said:

Might as well not argue with that guy, he seems to not even read what we say and just goes "HAHA ALL CASH SHOPS ARE PAY TO WIN" over and over again. Even though this is a damn reasonable cash shop if I've ever seen one 6___6''a

Never said it's P2W.
I said it's imbalanced.
And there's nothing you can say to prove it otherwise.

Only balanced cash shop is purely cosmetical cash shop with untradeable items.
Anything else is imbalanced.

Might as well not argue with someone who puts words into my mouth and ignores everything I've actually written.
IGN: Zudiz
Class: Destroyer
Server: 网通五区
Sub-server: 白清剑
Guild: Insomnia
Faction: Blue

User is offline   Vile Samael 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Character:Ryang Huan-Yong
  • Race:Lyn
  • Class:Summoner

Posted Sep 28, 2012 - 6:10 PM

You're saying that one can gain an unfair advantage by purchasing cash shop items. Isn't that essentially what "Pay to Win" is?

Or am I just thinking of an alternate universe version of "Pay to Win"?
Posted Image

User is offline   Brotillian 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Character:Cotillian

Posted Sep 29, 2012 - 12:38 AM

View PostLagoz, on Sep 28, 2012 - 5:57 PM, said:

Never said it's P2W.
I said it's imbalanced.
And there's nothing you can say to prove it otherwise.

Only balanced cash shop is purely cosmetical cash shop with untradeable items.
Anything else is imbalanced.

Might as well not argue with someone who puts words into my mouth and ignores everything I've actually written.

It's quite clear you don't have a grasp of "balance" and what can upset it. You can't even give reasons why you feel the way you do. I'll make this easy:
Gold sellers = bad. Tradeable cash shop items are a good way to combat gold selling because people who have the cash to spend the money on gold can instead keep it all in the economy. It keeps gold selling relatively in check and players happy. Exp boosts are negligible at best, having a higher level than someone else does nothing unless your guild is handing out rewards or something idiotic.

User is offline   Sogeking 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • LocationSniper Island
  • Character:Suisen

Posted Sep 30, 2012 - 6:45 AM

View PostDayBreeze, on Sep 26, 2012 - 6:08 PM, said:

cash shop is bad only if it features pay to win.
EXP boost? that's not pay to win. if a level 30 fights another level 30 with EXP boost, the boost won't make their hits stronger and harder. it won't make them run faster in combat, it won't increase their battle stats...... which then just lets us all see that you guys have no idea what 'pay to win' is.

if they wanna introduce a cash shop item that gives infinite run stamina, that would be fine, it does NOT effect combat.

Exactly my opinion and thanks for saving me time to write this xD
Posted Image

~IGN: Suisen~

User is offline   Cinnamin 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Class:Undecided

Posted Jan 06, 2013 - 2:14 PM

Buy to play ($40 or under would be an awesome deal) with a heavily cosmetic cash shop (the more costumes the merrier) please! I believe this simple model fits Blade and Soul very well.

User is offline   Mythicalbrit 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip

Posted Jan 07, 2013 - 6:44 AM

I think a B2P model is better if they are planning to add a cash shop. People have shown that they WILL purchase cool looking things for characters, they enjoy playing from Lol alone being as successful as it is with a B2P model they would Increase the amount of people that would be drawn to the game (its common knowledge by now that people are growing tired of the P2P business model) and at the same time they could add outfits to the store to keep revenue flowing.

PS to touch on the subject on P2W, Pay to win implies giving 1 player a gross advantage over another this is mainly done through things such as giving them actual combat stats or giving them various other boons that are too strong within a direct and sometimes indirect sense. Lets say that they start selling Max lvl Gems that are Obviously going to be a high valued item. This Directly is not P2W but depending on how hard it is to obtain said gems it can become P2W, it will also grossly effect the in-game economy due to people reselling them making the cash shop a Indirect gold market.

PPS. the idea of giving 1 person infinite stamina was imo a flawed example in a game with open world pvp if someone can just run away forever it forces u to give up chase this kills the possibility of interesting dynamic stories players could have had about chasing some guy who killed a bud down etc.

This post has been edited by Mythicalbrit: Jan 07, 2013 - 6:53 AM

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users