Blade & Soul Dojo: NCsoft West Addresses Censorship Concerns - Blade & Soul Dojo

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

NCsoft West Addresses Censorship Concerns NCsoft West Respects the Vision.

User is offline   Ninesuns 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Group: Validating
  • Character:not saying
  • Race:Gon
  • Class:Undecided

Posted Oct 16, 2012 - 2:26 AM

Just sayin how it is,nice excuse to delete the posts though, good one. (looking right back at you ghastly)

User is offline   Chibitiza 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Group: Member
  • LocationThe Place where I got the Idea from
  • Character:Kirianmist
  • Race:Jin
  • Guild:- Lotus -

Posted Oct 16, 2012 - 11:14 AM

View PostNinesuns, on Oct 16, 2012 - 2:26 AM, said:

Just sayin how it is,nice excuse to delete the posts though, good one. (looking right back at you ghastly)

In fear of confinuing this flaming thread created by ninesuns, I quote to Ninesuns:

Those who have a thought to say, say it. The consequences the words befall on lies in your own responsibility and should know when to hold their tongue back in the face of authority. Ninesuns, please don't say stuff like that. And know to whom you are conversing with. Ghastly is a staff of the website, And I hate to see a fellow member be on the receiving end of the ban hammer.

Now for my own opinion, Censorship between countries is one of those iffy topics that have high potential in controversy. Each region has their own pros and cons. take for example: the US.
They have no qualms about the bloody horror and gore, yet the Asian regions have no qualms about the amount of nudity shown.
Say what you will, NCSoft is telling us to bear with their difficulties in their localization efforts to keep their creation as original as possible. We already know we will have to cope with the english dubbing that is appalling to several of us, heaven forbid that BnS gets the TERA Localization treatment. :joss_stick:
I don't know anything about online blogging or any other kind of stuff that happens on the net

But I do know one thing:
How to Play Video Games.

User is offline   Awake. 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationOrlando, FL.
  • Class:Kung-Fu Master

Posted Oct 16, 2012 - 2:46 PM

View PostChibitiza, on Oct 16, 2012 - 11:14 AM, said:

heaven forbid that BnS gets the TERA Localization treatment. :joss_stick:

Posted Image

Please dear video game lords I hope not :joss_stick:
Posted Image

User is offline   Ninesuns 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Group: Validating
  • Character:not saying

Posted Oct 16, 2012 - 6:24 PM

In fear of confinuing this flaming thread created by ninesuns, I quote to Ninesuns:

Those who have a thought to say, say it. The consequences the words befall on lies in your own responsibility and should know when to hold their tongue back in the face of authority. Ninesuns, please don't say stuff like that. And know to whom you are conversing with. Ghastly is a staff of the website, And I hate to see a fellow member be on the receiving end of the ban hammer.

Alright 1st of all,this was all really just a hypothetical discussion about nudity and if it existed within the game which someone mentioned earliar in this thread,i made the comment which i agreed with his views and ghasltly made his views evident which is his right.I got the impression that he either didnt understand where i was comin from or was bein pigheaded about it.He was explaining the artwork which i felt was off the subject and i was being specific about nudity and if it does or does not belong in a game So i explained it in a more direct way whilest describing genitalia and here i was thinking this was a mature forum and it would be ok to say the things in which i described,ive seen some swearing somewhere in this forum done in a lighthearted way so i "assumed" it would be ok.

Obviously i was wrong and i meant no offense to anybody, i said the same thing in my deleted post. As for "Fishcake" the flaming really started with him as you can see hes implying im immature with his sarcastic comment that is still up there mind you.So i had an answer for him too.As for the deleted post,sorry,i was upset it was taken down but rules are rules and i accept that. I will say no more on this subject.

User is offline   chamana 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip

Posted Oct 18, 2012 - 11:00 AM

View PostSwoax, on Oct 14, 2012 - 4:34 AM, said:

Maybe add an option for it, like do you want censoring or not? maybe you have to be 18 or have parents permission to have the non-censored version?

Also, why can't I see my own Profile picture? ;__;

Game's not for children. It's already rated PEGI16+, so it will probably be rated at the very least M in USA.

User is offline   Lyndis 

• 状態変更
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationTexas
  • Guild:Slayers' Tower

Posted Oct 22, 2012 - 6:47 PM

Not only that, you have to realize that having a toggle option is not feasible because:

1) It would require more programming which leads to:
a)more time needed that could be focused on something else
b)more money used that could be focused on something else
2) Everyone would just turn it "on" anyway :embarrassed:

User is offline   Zenek 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted Oct 29, 2012 - 9:38 AM

I will belive after I will see final product for EU. I heard same promises about other game, and it happened different than developers announced. Some things got censored by completly ninja style...

View PostShadowMike, on Sep 24, 2012 - 1:12 AM, said:

To everyone bringing up Tera I think u have forgotten that Tera has a race that resembles a child...

Changes in Tera went also for ninja modifications for few other races armors, remove nipples and toned down breast physics...

User is offline   Swoax 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Locationsweden
  • Character:Swoax
  • Race:Lyn
  • Class:Summoner

Posted Oct 29, 2012 - 10:05 AM

"" To everyone bringing up Tera I think u have forgotten that Tera has a race that resembles a child... ""

The "child" race just resembeled a child, noone said they were actual children

User is offline   BrandX 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Class:Assassin

Posted Oct 29, 2012 - 12:52 PM

View PostSwoax, on Oct 29, 2012 - 10:05 AM, said:

"" To everyone bringing up Tera I think u have forgotten that Tera has a race that resembles a child... ""

They weren't children. They had faces that could look like children, but they had faces that passed for older as well. But they weren't children. Sad part is I knew a few women who could pass for Elin, and they're in their 20's.

People didn't pay attention to the lore. They looked at the style of art and went off that. They needed to get over themselves. And it was because of that censorship that the costume styles suffered.

Oh look at those outfits! *squeeel*

*replace outfits with lower res, quickly done outfits*

WTF HAPPENED TO THE OUTFITS?! *cries*

User is offline   Lazyxoxo 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Character:Ambrosia

Posted Nov 07, 2012 - 1:35 PM

View Postchamana, on Oct 18, 2012 - 11:00 AM, said:

Game's not for children. It's already rated PEGI16+, so it will probably be rated at the very least M in USA.

The game is actually rated 19+ [18 US age] in Korea.
Kids under this age are not allowed to play, unless they make an account with their parents or older siblings ID number.
I believe this systems should be implemented in other countries as well to prevent adolescents from playing adult games
such as this one. If such actions are implemented, there will never be a need to censor any online game at all.

User is online   Yami Akuma 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip
  • LocationDenmark
  • Class:Blade Dancer

Posted Nov 16, 2012 - 12:05 PM

This makes me happy, can't wait to we can pre-order.

This post has been edited by Yami Akuma: Nov 16, 2012 - 12:09 PM

User is offline   chamana 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip

Posted Nov 17, 2012 - 2:24 PM

View PostSwoax, on Oct 29, 2012 - 10:05 AM, said:

Doesn't matter, En Masse was bound to censor the game, given where they came from. If it had been a more neutral company, the Elins would never had been censored.
Lalafells in FFXIV have rather sexualizing clothes but those didn't get censored either.

User is offline   Lyndis 

• 状態変更
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationTexas
  • Guild:Slayers' Tower

Posted Nov 17, 2012 - 8:30 PM

This topic is not to address TERAs censorship. Go to their forums and do so there......if you dare.

Keep this topic discussing NCSoft's commitment to respecting the vision of the original art and what you can do as dedicated supporters to help with that.

User is offline   KingOfAce 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted Nov 17, 2012 - 10:25 PM

View Postchamana, on Nov 17, 2012 - 2:24 PM, said:

Doesn't matter, En Masse was bound to censor the game, given where they came from. If it had been a more neutral company, the Elins would never had been censored.
Lalafells in FFXIV have rather sexualizing clothes but those didn't get censored either.

it does censored I played and I paid ,now go back to topic

This post has been edited by KingOfAce: Nov 18, 2012 - 6:23 PM

Facts about forum...
Someone will correct you over a trivial grammatical error,and it's usually because they're not intelligent enough to actually come up with a smart argument.
All the class are overpowered except the one you using.

geez its just a game have fun man...

User is offline   JemL 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationMéxico
  • Race:Undecided

Posted Nov 18, 2012 - 6:11 PM

censorship is laughable, just show how bad you want to control something because in your own point of view is bad to show and is a slap in the face to the creator.

This post has been edited by JemL: Nov 18, 2012 - 6:12 PM

User is offline   shayryu 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • LocationThe Netherlands
  • Character:No idea yet. :<
  • Class:Assassin

Posted Nov 22, 2012 - 11:10 AM

B&S will probably be M rated in NA/EU, so why censor it anyway?
The game has been based on the artwork of Kim Hyeong-tae, censoring the artwork of some one else is in my opinion the same as spitting in the face of the artist.

User is offline   Chronas 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • LocationTexas
  • Character:Hezrou
  • Class:Blade Master
  • Guild:Thieves Den

Posted Nov 22, 2012 - 10:29 PM

View Postshayryu, on Nov 22, 2012 - 11:10 AM, said:

B&S will probably be M rated in NA/EU, so why censor it anyway?
The game has been based on the artwork of Kim Hyeong-tae, censoring the artwork of some one else is in my opinion the same as spitting in the face of the artist.

I agree. I don't see a point whatsoever to censor the game. If it gets an M rating, so be it. It looks like a game for a mature audience anyway. So go all out to impress us with how Blade and Soul was meant to be. Not sugarcoated and weak.

As an artist myself, I would be heavily offended to watch my work get censored.

This post has been edited by Chronas: Nov 22, 2012 - 10:30 PM

Posted Image

User is offline   Testarossa69 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip

Posted Nov 24, 2012 - 5:12 PM

I'm glad they cleared censorship concerns.

Censorship is never a good thing. Look at what it did to TERA.

This whole "lol game for perverts" thing was just few trolls being idiots. As usual. It was nothing big. But then EME announced official censorship and it exploded. On every single TERA forum in existence the largest thread was Elin censorship thread. Usually being 10 times bigger than #2 largest thread.

With B&S you can already see the "lol game for perverts" crowd taking action. Just look at youtube videos showing B&S girls.

Even the slightest hints that censorship might happen in USA/EU version and it would explode just like with TERA. Especially since there is a "child" race in B&S too.

User is offline   KingOfAce 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted Dec 13, 2012 - 9:31 PM

its not just Elin,they censorship every race

User is offline   Famine108 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Character:Len

Posted Apr 29, 2013 - 9:40 AM

BnS coming to NA with no censorship involve? This make me very happy.

Share this topic:

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users