Blade & Soul Dojo: NCsoft West Addresses Censorship Concerns - Blade & Soul Dojo

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

NCsoft West Addresses Censorship Concerns NCsoft West Respects the Vision. Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

User is offline   Swoax 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Locationsweden
  • Character:Swoax
  • Race:Gon
  • Class:Destroyer

Posted Oct 29, 2012 - 10:05 AM

"" To everyone bringing up Tera I think u have forgotten that Tera has a race that resembles a child... ""

The "child" race just resembeled a child, noone said they were actual children

User is offline   BrandX 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Race:Jin
  • Class:Assassin

Posted Oct 29, 2012 - 12:52 PM

View PostSwoax, on Oct 29, 2012 - 10:05 AM, said:

"" To everyone bringing up Tera I think u have forgotten that Tera has a race that resembles a child... ""

They weren't children. They had faces that could look like children, but they had faces that passed for older as well. But they weren't children. Sad part is I knew a few women who could pass for Elin, and they're in their 20's.

People didn't pay attention to the lore. They looked at the style of art and went off that. They needed to get over themselves. And it was because of that censorship that the costume styles suffered.

Oh look at those outfits! *squeeel*

*replace outfits with lower res, quickly done outfits*

WTF HAPPENED TO THE OUTFITS?! *cries*

User is offline   Lazyxoxo 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Character:Ambrosia
  • Class:Kung-Fu Master

Posted Nov 07, 2012 - 1:35 PM

View Postchamana, on Oct 18, 2012 - 11:00 AM, said:

Game's not for children. It's already rated PEGI16+, so it will probably be rated at the very least M in USA.

The game is actually rated 19+ [18 US age] in Korea.
Kids under this age are not allowed to play, unless they make an account with their parents or older siblings ID number.
I believe this systems should be implemented in other countries as well to prevent adolescents from playing adult games
such as this one. If such actions are implemented, there will never be a need to censor any online game at all.

User is offline   Yami Akuma 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip
  • LocationDenmark
  • Race:Lyn
  • Class:Blade Master

Posted Nov 16, 2012 - 12:05 PM

This makes me happy, can't wait to we can pre-order.

This post has been edited by Yami Akuma: Nov 16, 2012 - 12:09 PM

User is offline   chamana 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Class:Undecided

Posted Nov 17, 2012 - 2:24 PM

View PostSwoax, on Oct 29, 2012 - 10:05 AM, said:

Doesn't matter, En Masse was bound to censor the game, given where they came from. If it had been a more neutral company, the Elins would never had been censored.
Lalafells in FFXIV have rather sexualizing clothes but those didn't get censored either.

User is offline   Lyndis 

• Dojo Sensei
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationTexas
  • Race:Undecided
  • Guild:Slayers' Tower

Posted Nov 17, 2012 - 8:30 PM

This topic is not to address TERAs censorship. Go to their forums and do so there......if you dare.

Keep this topic discussing NCSoft's commitment to respecting the vision of the original art and what you can do as dedicated supporters to help with that.

User is offline   KingOfAce 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted Nov 17, 2012 - 10:25 PM

View Postchamana, on Nov 17, 2012 - 2:24 PM, said:

Doesn't matter, En Masse was bound to censor the game, given where they came from. If it had been a more neutral company, the Elins would never had been censored.
Lalafells in FFXIV have rather sexualizing clothes but those didn't get censored either.

it does censored I played and I paid ,now go back to topic

This post has been edited by KingOfAce: Nov 18, 2012 - 6:23 PM

Facts about forum...
Someone will correct you over a trivial grammatical error,and it's usually because they're not intelligent enough to actually come up with a smart argument.
All the class are overpowered except the one you using.

geez its just a game have fun man...

User is offline   JemL 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationMéxico
  • Race:Undecided

Posted Nov 18, 2012 - 6:11 PM

censorship is laughable, just show how bad you want to control something because in your own point of view is bad to show and is a slap in the face to the creator.

This post has been edited by JemL: Nov 18, 2012 - 6:12 PM

User is offline   shayryu 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • LocationThe Netherlands
  • Character:No idea yet. :<

Posted Nov 22, 2012 - 11:10 AM

B&S will probably be M rated in NA/EU, so why censor it anyway?
The game has been based on the artwork of Kim Hyeong-tae, censoring the artwork of some one else is in my opinion the same as spitting in the face of the artist.

User is offline   Chronas 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • LocationTexas
  • Character:Hezrou
  • Guild:Thieves Den

Posted Nov 22, 2012 - 10:29 PM

View Postshayryu, on Nov 22, 2012 - 11:10 AM, said:

B&S will probably be M rated in NA/EU, so why censor it anyway?
The game has been based on the artwork of Kim Hyeong-tae, censoring the artwork of some one else is in my opinion the same as spitting in the face of the artist.

I agree. I don't see a point whatsoever to censor the game. If it gets an M rating, so be it. It looks like a game for a mature audience anyway. So go all out to impress us with how Blade and Soul was meant to be. Not sugarcoated and weak.

As an artist myself, I would be heavily offended to watch my work get censored.

This post has been edited by Chronas: Nov 22, 2012 - 10:30 PM

Posted Image

User is offline   Testarossa69 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip

Posted Nov 24, 2012 - 5:12 PM

I'm glad they cleared censorship concerns.

Censorship is never a good thing. Look at what it did to TERA.

This whole "lol game for perverts" thing was just few trolls being idiots. As usual. It was nothing big. But then EME announced official censorship and it exploded. On every single TERA forum in existence the largest thread was Elin censorship thread. Usually being 10 times bigger than #2 largest thread.

With B&S you can already see the "lol game for perverts" crowd taking action. Just look at youtube videos showing B&S girls.

Even the slightest hints that censorship might happen in USA/EU version and it would explode just like with TERA. Especially since there is a "child" race in B&S too.

User is offline   KingOfAce 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted Dec 13, 2012 - 9:31 PM

its not just Elin,they censorship every race

User is offline   Famine108 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Character:Len

Posted Apr 29, 2013 - 9:40 AM

BnS coming to NA with no censorship involve? This make me very happy.

User is offline   Raijin 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationGreece
  • Character:Undecided
  • Class:Kung-Fu Master

Posted Apr 29, 2013 - 4:26 PM

View PostFamine108, on Apr 29, 2013 - 9:40 AM, said:

BnS coming to NA with no censorship involve? This make me very happy.

no,it will come censored.how much,that i don't know.in NA debut trailer that they showed in September it was censored,so I doubt game will be released like in KR

User is offline   Roses 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • View blog
  • LocationMelbourne
  • Character:Rozez
  • Guild:❁ Exile ❁

Posted Apr 29, 2013 - 5:49 PM

Its really not that big a deal. Im sure despite the censor the characters will still be able to look sexy if so desired, right?

I mean, how bad could the censorship be if it is in fact an M rated game?

[EDIT]
I saw the censorship for Tera and how they changed the Elin. It was nothing, really>_>; The only thing they censored was the belly button by covering it up with some more clothing. I honestly dont see the big deal about it, they maintain the cuteness and essentially do not change.

Even if Blade and Soul were to get a censorship, Im certain that there would be in-game costumes that would be revealing enough anyway. As with Tera you can purchase Swimsuits that are very revealing despite the censorship.

-Roses.

This post has been edited by Rozez: Apr 30, 2013 - 3:01 AM

Posted Image

User is offline   Dorakyura 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Character:Hineko

Posted Apr 30, 2013 - 4:13 AM

View PostRozez, on Apr 29, 2013 - 5:49 PM, said:

Its really not that big a deal. Im sure despite the censor the characters will still be able to look sexy if so desired, right?

I mean, how bad could the censorship be if it is in fact an M rated game?

[EDIT]
I saw the censorship for Tera and how they changed the Elin. It was nothing, really>_>; The only thing they censored was the belly button by covering it up with some more clothing. I honestly dont see the big deal about it, they maintain the cuteness and essentially do not change.

Even if Blade and Soul were to get a censorship, Im certain that there would be in-game costumes that would be revealing enough anyway. As with Tera you can purchase Swimsuits that are very revealing despite the censorship.

-Roses.

It's not about "what" they censor, it's about "that" they censor.

The only reason to censor is, to bring the game to younger people.
The game was never meant to be played by people under a specific age. That's why you see the outfits and characters as they are.

Good example:
Tera KR: 18+, Tera Europe: 12+

You can see that something is wrong here.

As the game is right now, the game will most likely get USK 16 (or PEGI 15) without problem (when I think about how mmos are tested / rated)
With censoring outfits, they can get it down to PEGI 12 / USK 12.

But what if there will be mature content? It will be censored. What about the story itself, if worst comes to worst? It will be censored.

People will leave, especially the core players. The game will die. Gratz, another failed Korean MMO. The next game will not come to the west. :)

View PostRaijin, on Apr 29, 2013 - 4:26 PM, said:

no,it will come censored.how much,that i don't know.in NA debut trailer that they showed in September it was censored,so I doubt game will be released like in KR

And what exactly got censored?

This post has been edited by Dorakyura: Apr 30, 2013 - 4:05 AM

Posted Image

User is offline   Roses 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • View blog
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted Apr 30, 2013 - 4:15 AM

View PostDorakyura, on Apr 30, 2013 - 3:57 AM, said:

But what if there will be mature content? It will be censored. What about the story itself, if worst comes to worst? It will be censored.

People will leave, especially the core players. The game will die. Gratz, another failed Korean MMO. The next game will not come to the west. :)

Thats a good point... -_-
I suppose it would be rather irritating that the US version would alter or even REMOVE the intended story or even graphically make changes to the fighting to remove the blood and dull down the violence...

God, thinking about it this way, i hope they do not butcher Blade and Soul =_______=

-Roses.
Posted Image

User is offline   Borroleth 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • LocationGreece

Posted Apr 30, 2013 - 7:54 AM

So, our only chance is to learn Korean :) . Anyway, we all know that games nowadays are not made for players. They are made for money. Unfortunately this is the world we live in and this won't change for a while.

So, like simple math, the lower the "pegi ration" is the more people will play it, thus more money in their pockets.

Some also spoke about the "pride" of artists and stuff, but even the proudest artist won't say no to several thousand dollars/euros etc. It is sad but it's true. ;)

Among, many solutions there could be some extra payment on the "unrated" or w/e u wanna call it version.

As, for the account creation I doubt there could be any "reliable" method to prove whether someone is over 18 or not.

So, let's better show our positive side for the game and make clear to them that we won't to have this game on our hands as soon as possible.

PS: Apologize for any bad english.
Storm Earth and Fire.... Heed my call!!!

User is offline   Swoax 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Locationsweden
  • Character:Swoax
  • Class:Destroyer

Posted Apr 30, 2013 - 8:28 AM

One solution to this all could be like they do it in Korea, you need to show them your ID card, showing that you are 15/18+ or whatever age they want, I myself, would love to see a mature MMO in the western scene.

The thing about Tera, sure they censored the appearance, but what about the whole gameplay, the thing where your guild could be political overlords and like manage the servers politics and whatever. Would a 12 year old manage to do so?

This post has been edited by Swoax: Apr 30, 2013 - 8:30 AM

User is offline   Roses 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • View blog
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted Apr 30, 2013 - 10:30 AM

View PostSwoax, on Apr 30, 2013 - 8:28 AM, said:

One solution to this all could be like they do it in Korea, you need to show them your ID card, showing that you are 15/18+ or whatever age they want, I myself, would love to see a mature MMO in the western scene.

The thing about Tera, sure they censored the appearance, but what about the whole gameplay, the thing where your guild could be political overlords and like manage the servers politics and whatever. Would a 12 year old manage to do so?

I doubt they'll go along with the whole ID card thing. If it is indeed going to be for profit then they will have to broaden their target audience by addressing the age restrictions (by lowering it through censorship)

On your other point, there will be people of all ages playing Blade and Soul, not only 12 year olds. So there will be plenty of competent people capable of managing Guilds etc, whether its a 9 year old genius or a 40 year old virgin. Anyone who is unable to be a successful 'political overlord' will not succeed, right?

-Roses.

This post has been edited by Rozez: Apr 30, 2013 - 10:47 PM

Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users