Tera vs. Blade & Soul Rate Topic: -----

User is offline   KingOfAce 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Group: Members
  • Class:Undecided

Posted Sep 22, 2012 - 2:11 PM

i kinda feel like tera system was made 7-8 years ago..even its kinda new..
Facts about forum...
Someone will correct you over a trivial grammatical error,and it's usually because they're not intelligent enough to actually come up with a smart argument.
All the class are overpowered except the one you using.

geez its just a game have fun man...

User is offline   Naom 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip
  • Location태산북두
  • Character:HimeNaomiah
  • Race:Gon
  • Class:Destroyer
  • Guild:Loli

Posted Jan 04, 2013 - 3:42 AM

unfortunately, i think BnS questing systems is even more retarted than Tera's.
BnS forces you to boringly grind or boringly do the same repeatables to ding.
makes me wonder what were they thinking? the best things so far in BnS is
the character editor, why oh why cant they simply pu the same good aspects
into the actual gameplay?? i R kinda dissappoint.

i've played both Tera/BnS
on Korean server.
Posted Image

User is offline   Aari 

• Dojo Sensei
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Character:Aari
  • Race:Jin
  • Class:Assassin

Posted Jan 04, 2013 - 8:11 AM

View PostNaom, on Jan 04, 2013 - 3:42 AM, said:

unfortunately, i think BnS questing systems is even more retarted than Tera's.
BnS forces you to boringly grind or boringly do the same repeatables to ding.
makes me wonder what were they thinking? the best things so far in BnS is
the character editor, why oh why cant they simply pu the same good aspects
into the actual gameplay?? i R kinda dissappoint.

i've played both Tera/BnS
on Korean server.

Its pretty much the same. Killquest from one camp to the next with sometimes collecting something. I dont really see a problem there tho tbh, thats how MMO's are.
The only thing that BnS has, is a better told story with more awesome cutscenes.
Posted Image
Click the Picute for a Livestream with B&S and Tera in 1080p
Youtube Channel with BnS Gameplay & Guides

User is offline   Zenek 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Class:Kung-Fu Master

Posted Jan 04, 2013 - 8:40 AM

View PostAari, on Jan 04, 2013 - 8:11 AM, said:

thats how MMO's are.

I do not agree with justify retarded desing of theme parks by call it feature of MMO. That is not true. That is feature only of WoW clones - type of MMO what appears from last 5 years. But that is not what MMO is and what should be. That is one of disadvantages of current titles what need stigmatize, not justify.
Rly... I want day when developers will realise back to the roots is better idea. Ultima, L2 (C0-C6), EVE - that was good MMO.

And honestly, I'm not sure if I would be interested this game without character creator, graphic, animations, game world and... boobs. I'm afraid there is no big difference between Tera and B&S - same advantages and disadvantages. PvP seems to be broken, instances grind and RNG... overall fate for this games seems to be similar - nice game for first few months :/

User is offline   KingOfAce 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted Jan 04, 2013 - 9:12 AM

nah,quest system for both are same..Talk to point A go to point B ,completed point B back to point A. MMO already had these retard system 20 years already

This post has been edited by KingOfAce: Jan 04, 2013 - 9:14 AM

Facts about forum...
Someone will correct you over a trivial grammatical error,and it's usually because they're not intelligent enough to actually come up with a smart argument.
All the class are overpowered except the one you using.

geez its just a game have fun man...

User is offline   Aari 

• Dojo Sensei
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Character:Aari

Posted Jan 04, 2013 - 9:16 AM

View PostZenek, on Jan 04, 2013 - 8:40 AM, said:

I do not agree with justify retarded desing of theme parks by call it feature of MMO. That is not true. That is feature only of WoW clones - type of MMO what appears from last 5 years. But that is not what MMO is and what should be. That is one of disadvantages of current titles what need stigmatize, not justify.
Rly... I want day when developers will realise back to the roots is better idea. Ultima, L2 (C0-C6), EVE - that was good MMO.

And honestly, I'm not sure if I would be interested this game without character creator, graphic, animations, game world and... boobs. I'm afraid there is no big difference between Tera and B&S - same advantages and disadvantages. PvP seems to be broken, instances grind and RNG... overall fate for this games seems to be similar - nice game for first few months :/

Well I guess thats personal preferences. I didnt like the MMO's you mentioned.
And if thats what you like and want then you are probably better of with ArchAge arnt you?

This post has been edited by Aari: Jan 04, 2013 - 9:18 AM

Posted Image
Click the Picute for a Livestream with B&S and Tera in 1080p
Youtube Channel with BnS Gameplay & Guides

User is offline   Zenek 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted Jan 04, 2013 - 10:27 AM

View PostAari, on Jan 04, 2013 - 9:16 AM, said:

Well I guess thats personal preferences. I didnt like the MMO's you mentioned.
And if thats what you like and want then you are probably better of with ArchAge arnt you?

Yes, that is personal preferences. But, even ppl who do like theme park complains about same issues, like this one. Also except WoW there is no single theme park what survived more than 2 years. Theme park simply have limited content, while sandbox is created by players = infinity content.

Yep, that is may plan to go B&S and after that to AA. But AA will come in 2014. And to be honest, AA is not going to be sandbox. It will be still theme park, just with some elements typical for sandbox. But also horrible fight system and animations. So that is not holy grail for me. Promissing is also World of Darkenss, but that is for 2015...

User is offline   Famfrit 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationLimsa at night <3
  • Character:Eifa Carey
  • Race:Kun
  • Class:Force Master

Posted Jan 04, 2013 - 12:21 PM

It's nice to see someone who actually gives a damn about pve for a change ^_^

This post has been edited by Famfrit: Jan 04, 2013 - 12:31 PM

Posted Image

User is offline   Ghastly 

• Large Hammer Master - 槌
  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderators
  • LocationIn a swamp!
  • Race:Gon
  • Class:Destroyer
  • Guild:Thieves Den

Posted Jan 04, 2013 - 1:38 PM

Some like open world, some like story worlds. If people are looking for B&S to be an open world game they're looking at the wrong place.
Posted ImageRemember to read our Forum Rules before posting!
Have a Blade & Soul related question? Check our FAQ before creating a topic/post.
Found a topic/post that violates our Forum Rules? Use the Report button and we'll deal with it!

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted Jan 04, 2013 - 3:28 PM

View PostGhastly, on Jan 04, 2013 - 1:38 PM, said:

Some like open world, some like story worlds. If people are looking for B&S to be an open world game they're looking at the wrong place.

I kinda like the slight linearity though, it feels like you're playing a game with an actual structure where you get guided through the areas instead of bring thrown into a vast empty space

This post has been edited by Famfrit: Jan 04, 2013 - 3:29 PM

Posted Image

User is offline   Chronas 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • LocationTexas
  • Character:Hezrou
  • Race:Lyn
  • Class:Blade Master
  • Guild:Thieves Den

Posted Jan 04, 2013 - 3:51 PM

Tera had horrid PvP. Safezones everywhere and the GvG system was get a kill, hide in safe the rest of the day. That's how it was when I played the first month. I didn't even get into the paid sub because it was so bad. Not to mention Tera is also a flagging system. Followed by ganking lowbies for most of the players, so the new players quit quickly when there were 20+ level 60s 1 shotting them for kicks. Was pretty sad watching that on pvp servers.

GW2 I didn't last three weeks in because the pvp was 'find the most broken/cookie cutter build' and 1-4 everyone. Worlds were extremely buggy for a "finished" game out of beta and overall the pve was the same shit over and over when you get to the pure basics of it. Not to mention 1-80 is like...2 days. literally. Things went far too quickly to be rememberable. Oh, and the story was a complete mockery of GW1. Cutscenes were two guys yapping for five minutes with nothing special going on in between. Oh noes! Undead are attacking! Let's stand around and talk for three minutes! They'll just stand there and wait for us!....Yeah. That didn't last long for me.

This post has been edited by Chronas: Jan 04, 2013 - 3:52 PM

Posted Image

User is offline   Azazel 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • LocationBehind you!
  • Character:Azazel

Posted Jan 05, 2013 - 3:39 AM

I can't really compare because I haven't played Blade & Soul and I didn't even hit level 5 in TERA (at the time I didn't have a computer that could run it well enough to be playable, even on the lowest settings). But having experienced TERA's character creation, I'm liking what I see in BnS more as it seems to have deeper customization. And that's a big thing for me.

User is offline   Vile Samael 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Character:Ryang Huan-Yong
  • Class:Summoner

Posted Jan 05, 2013 - 3:43 AM

View PostAzazel, on Jan 05, 2013 - 3:39 AM, said:

I can't really compare because I haven't played Blade & Soul and I didn't even hit level 5 in TERA (at the time I didn't have a computer that could run it well enough to be playable, even on the lowest settings). But having experienced TERA's character creation, I'm liking what I see in BnS more as it seems to have deeper customization. And that's a big thing for me.

Yeah TERA's customization was really ew for me. BnS's is waaay better, although I'd like more hair and eye colours. Preferably more than one shade of red? The colours seem very lacking to me.
Posted Image

User is offline   KTcraft 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • LocationUS

Posted Jan 05, 2013 - 5:39 AM

I only played Tera to level 22ish, as a Slayer, and I have to say, I felt like I was playing low level Vindictus. Looking at the ability list, I couldn't see a significant number of additional skills at level cap(could be wrong).
I've been told many times that the combat for ranged classes is so dynamic compared to other fantasy mmos, and that may be true, but I found the melee combat to be.... almost hack and slash ish. I mean, like a hack and slash, there is a degree of reaction involved, but the combat isn't as give and take as a real fighting game.

In contrast, i think that Blade and Soul is trying to move towards a more Soul Calibur or Tekken feel(simplified of course), which while it does not offer the "click to swing your sword" kind of play that is presented in Tera(Or dynasty warriors for that matter), it has a much more complex combat system overall-from what I have observed.
Posted Image

User is offline   Abuse 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip
  • LocationBournemouth, UK
  • Guild:Hazard

Posted Jan 05, 2013 - 6:10 AM

I want day when developers will realise back to the roots is better idea. Ultima, L2 (C0-C6), EVE - that was good MMO.

Indeed.

True, unfortunately they follow exactly the same pattern.. Level up your character for few days through some nice epic quests (no more than a week, otherwise people would cry that they have to grind). Then do few instances for a month of two to get the best loot (again, not too hard, or people will cry for nerfs) and then... Then there's nothing left to do.
Bosses are a joke, pvp is meaningless, nothing to keep you playing. You quit and get hyped for another 'groundbreaking' MMO that will come out in 2-3 years. Rinse and repeat.

I don't see myself playing any MMO that doesn't have some sort of engaging and rewarding open pvp system or siege / invasion. I mean, I don't mind doing PvE, but for the love of God, this stuff gets boring after a while, same as doing battlegrounds or instanced arena pvp.

I still remember times when our clan or ally members have been attacked by either other random or enemy clan and everybody would stop what they were doing. We would create hunting pvp parties, group up and start retaliating. Searching for enemy members, having random skirmishes along the way, just to end up in a massive battle 50v50 or 100v100 after couple of hours.
After that everything would go back to normal, going back to lvl, grind, crafting etc.

The more I read about BnS the more disappointed I get. It seems to be just another cute looking casual game, that doesn't really challenge or require any specific effort from the player.
Posted Image

User is offline   Gender Infection 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip

Posted Jan 05, 2013 - 6:11 AM

I agree with this sentiment. Just because people have come to expect certain things of an MMORPG, does not mean that is what an MMORPG is. The only thing an MMORPG is, is an online role playing game that facilitates a massive number of players playing at once on the same server. In fact any cooperative role playing video game with over 1,000 players on one sever I consider an MMORPG.

Roleplaying games are a hugely varied genre. And there's no reason for people to turn their imaginations off or classify a myriad of some of the worst video game mechanic entrapments as a virtue of the genre. There's a reason a lot of people in the video game industry at large look upon the MMORPG genre with a little bit of morbid curiosity and disdain. These games seem trapped from fans and developers expecting a limited experience and a very tiny box that isn't very good.

There's only so many people interested in fighting mobs for the sake of it and games like Minecraft are proving their own niche that is competing with the MMORPG. While other genres are experimenting with other gameplay elements, MMORPGs are by and large stagnating. Being held back by traditions that should be thrown by the wayside for innovation. In fact, possibly a good %70 of what many come to expect out of an MMORPG are things of the past which need to be discarded.

One thing I worry about Blade & Soul is that it is just another MMORPG whose only innovation is the combat. Which is nice, but combat isn't going to fix any genre of role playing game.

Well, there is one advantage I can see Blade & Soul having over Tera. Tera right now has a fairly limited amount of endgame content. Not bad, but it could certainly be better. There's around less than a dozen endgame dungeons. And the last stretch is to master Manaya's Core hard mode. And with the amount of people with Visionmaker or Regent gear, I'd say it has quite a bit longer shelf life. That being said, it only has so long before Tera desperately needs new content. As well, a lack of enchanting problems and gear acquisition in the endgame of Blade & Soul could make up a little bit for grinding. Once you reach level 60 in Tera you've really only reached the halfway point, because from then on it's a journey to acquire the best gear, or at least gear good enough to tackle Manaya's Core hard mode. That that could take months.

Especially with the incredibly huge money sink that is enchanting. Blade & Soul may take longer to reach the level cap, but if it takes less time to reach the true endgame and get some of the better gear in the world, and doesn't have an obnoxious enchanting system when you're always blowing money on alkahest to reach that +12, then Blade & Soul might be less grindy than Tera. Tera is a huge gear money grind right now. Even if Aginator gear is good enough to make most people satisfied, it is still a huge grind to get to +12 which is what you want for Manaya's Core.

Right now the only reason I'm even playing Tera is because there aren't too many better alternatives. I like the Elin race and I'm looking forward to playing a Lyn in Blade & Soul. Right now I'm mostly playing Final Fantasy XI and Tera. And occasionally Phantasy Star Online 2. Final Fantasy XIV isn't online right now because of A Realm Reborn. But I do want a decent MMORPG to play. And I have to say Tera seems far from optimal to me.

I hope that I can get something out of Blade & Soul I'm not getting out of Tera. If not, I may spend most of my time with Final Fantasy XIV.

Well, at least I like the way the game looks better than Tera. I've got to be honest, I'm getting kind of sick of the Tera world. I understand why the endgame areas look ugly, they're Argonified. But after a while it can make one feel dread. And there's also a certain heart the game is lacking that is hard to explain. I like Western fantasy RPGs, but Tera kind of fails at that in many ways. And the world just kind of feels alien and heartless in all of the wrong ways. At least with Final Fantasy XI I can relate to the world around me and emotionally connect to it.

Among the most emotionally moved I ever felt in the world of Tera was saving a little girl who's dad had died. And moments like that happened few and far between.

This post has been edited by Gender Infection: Jan 05, 2013 - 6:13 AM

User is offline   Sakia 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Character:Zefir
  • Class:Blade Master

Posted Jan 05, 2013 - 7:17 AM

Honestly, for all that B&S has going for it, the combat sometimes bores the living hell out of me. However, not anywhere nearly as bad as Aion and Guild Wars combat does. Although it has its complexity to it, that doesn't necessarily make it mind bogglingly excellent. The art style, I like. It's very Magna Carta, from the same art director. While it doesn't appeal to everyone, it has a pretty nice meld of anime and realistic features.

The story seems well done and certainly more intriguing (wish I could understand at least 50% of what's being said...) . The character creation is definitely above anything TERA has and nears on the extensiveness of Aion's. Though honestly, I'm not entirely sure how long B&S would keep me interested. The dungeons are hard, that's for sure, but some of the mechanics are super retarded. Like, getting one-shotted by the third boss in Poh4 for being a fraction of a second off using SS! There's still need for some polish.

With all my experience in MMOs, dating back at least since 2001, I can tell anyone hands down--TERA's combat system is unrivaled. It may be slow and clunky at times but there's nothing like true action combat (and I'm not trying to advertise, either x.X). I will, however, give credit where credit is due. Blade and Soul's combat system is a decent cross of GW2's and TERA's. Auto-lock on isn't entirely horrible. It certainly beats having to press TAB to target... It's still much better than the majority of games out there, probably enough to satisfy most of the people spoiled by TERA's combat system.

I will at least keep playing until better/new content comes out for TERA. ARR also looks interesting and I'm really excited for it, so I hope its combat isn't completely abysmal. >.<

This post has been edited by Sakia: Jan 05, 2013 - 7:21 AM

User is offline   milkymoon 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip
  • Character:ellu

Posted Jan 09, 2013 - 9:18 AM

Well it seems NA TERA will become free to play this February. This may give some a chance to accurately compare them and/or give people something to do while we continue waiting for Blade & Soul. :T
http://tera.enmasse.com/free

User is offline   Kryscent 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationMalaysia
  • Character:Kryscent
  • Guild:Descendants

Posted Jan 09, 2013 - 10:12 AM

Well, obviously Blade and Soul would win completely, nothing to argue about which one is better, both have it's good points and bad.
Posted Image
Please do PM me or post in my support thread here if you got any kinds of problem about China Blade and Soul / Translation

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted Jan 09, 2013 - 10:38 AM

View Postmilkymoon, on Jan 09, 2013 - 9:18 AM, said:

Well it seems NA TERA will become free to play this February. This may give some a chance to accurately compare them and/or give people something to do while we continue waiting for Blade & Soul. :T
http://tera.enmasse.com/free

This is great, been waiting for this to happen :3
Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users