Blade & Soul Dojo: Blade & Soul Website : Feedback, Suggestions, Ideas etc. - Blade & Soul Dojo

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Blade & Soul Website : Feedback, Suggestions, Ideas etc. A chance for members of the community to suggest ideas. Rate Topic: -----

User is offline   Teny 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • LocationToronto
  • Class:Blade Master

Posted Oct 03, 2012 - 10:55 AM

I'd like to see an opened up dialogue with the people in charge of NA localization, via forums or something.

Oh, and open up official NA forums :D
I don't have time for this... Ò_____Ó.

User is offline   Pokki 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • LocationBehind you :3
  • Character:Pokki
  • Race:Lyn
  • Guild:Thieves Den

Posted Oct 04, 2012 - 6:27 PM

Would like to see some good race and class videos so that people know what they're going to be getting in game with motions and playstyle. :joss_stick:
Posted Image

User is offline   Teny 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • LocationToronto

Posted Oct 05, 2012 - 11:03 AM

View PostPokki, on Oct 04, 2012 - 6:27 PM, said:

Would like to see some good race and class videos so that people know what they're going to be getting in game with motions and playstyle. :joss_stick:

Perhaps, although there is a lot of this already available. I recommend youtube :)

User is offline   Lyndis 

• Dojo Sensei
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationTexas
  • Race:Undecided
  • Class:Undecided
  • Guild:Slayers' Tower

Posted Oct 05, 2012 - 3:16 PM

-Official NA forums would be nice.
-Official Game Wiki (once the alpha/beta begins)
-A page discussing the localization process as your team works on it (The lead Producer could write a short blog every week or so)
-A section that shows how your team is going to devote everything they can to actually make this MMO work and not flop like a certain other MMO we all know about.
-Fan-art section dedicated to HTK

User is offline   Pokki 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • LocationBehind you :3
  • Character:Pokki
  • Guild:Thieves Den

Posted Oct 05, 2012 - 4:15 PM

View PostTeny, on Oct 05, 2012 - 11:03 AM, said:

Perhaps, although there is a lot of this already available. I recommend youtube :)

I know :baffle: I just thought it would be more appealing to people who have entered the website for the first time and know nothing about the game, I guess it's kinda for the same reason most people watch films and play video games instead of reading books :doubt: , most want something visual, not just a bunch of flav text and lore, but if there's a easily accessible ( like on the website ) video of the game their interest might be piqued by an eye catching preview making them look more into the game rather than just closing down the website and moving on to something else. :cold:
Posted Image

User is offline   JemL 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationMéxico
  • Race:Undecided

Posted Oct 24, 2012 - 7:42 PM

easy to surf with attractive design which fits the needs, not try to sell more than you got if you know what i mean, that would be the best for any page

User is offline   Sekuiya 

• Phoenix
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Administrators
  • LocationPortugal
  • Character:Sekuiya
  • Race:Jin
  • Class:Force Master
  • Guild:Nocturne

Posted Oct 25, 2012 - 8:41 AM

A mobile version for the site is needed.
I was browsing the news today using my iPad and let me tell you, it didn't look that good.

Posted Image

It gets a little better in panoramic view but still...
Having in mind that it was rumored that an iDevice app was on the make, it would be great if the main site worked well in those devices!
Posted Image
Remember to read our Forum Rules before posting!
Have a Blade & Soul related question? Check our FAQ before creating a topic/post.
Found a topic/post that violates our Forum Rules? Use the Report button and we'll deal with it!

User is offline   SilverRyoshi 

• Tenkei Tenshi no Shiruba-kaze
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationWithin the gentle silverwind. . .
  • Character:SilverKarasu
  • Race:Gon
  • Class:Kung-Fu Master
  • Guild:- L O T U S -

Posted Oct 25, 2012 - 11:52 AM

I would like to see NA forums opened. Dojo has grown so much in these few years, but an official NA forum would allow us to branch out and reach a larger portion of the Blade & Soul community.

A mobile adaptation of the main site would be appreciated as well. I don't know about everyone else, but in the years since I've joined my life as quickly sped out of its comfortable pace of adolescence. My Droid is now basically my link to the internet as well as all of you. My inability to navigate NCSOFTs MMORPG websites comfortably also kept me from checking on AION regularly, especially the quest rewards page.

Posting a larger collection of videos in the media section would be a nice touch. The G-Star videos would be a nice touch. The show the races, first 4 classes, and, what I think to be the biggest point
, a great deal of environment exposure. The characters are awesome. But I think the beauty of the game was what truly attracted most of us.

Let's see... I'm sure that you'd like positive feedback as well. It's good to know what's working well just as much as it is to know what could be improved.

I like the FAQs page and layout. It's clean and artistic while answering many beginning questions one might have who's just discovering the game.

The News and Newsletter features are great. Being able to be quickly updated while on the move is a definite plus.

The Concept Art media page is by far my favorite part of the site. The art Hyung-Tae Kim is breathtaking. My request to add more is not so much feedback as it is a selfish desire to indulge further. :)

The Overview pages are well done just as the FAQ page. If there is anymore Lore available then I would like to see more. Again that is more of a personal request.

I think that's all the feedback I have at the moment. Please carry my best wishes to the Localization Team. I look forward to experiencing the fruit of their labors.

This post has been edited by SilverRyoshi: Oct 25, 2012 - 12:03 PM

Posted Image
Wind flows through it all. Love Light for it shows us the way; Endure Darkness for it shows us the stars. Apathetically do we rule...
~Wind Division ☴ Leader~

User is offline   Helikaon 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Character:Shinkendo
  • Race:Kun

Posted Oct 26, 2012 - 4:00 PM

I think they should just hurry up, reduce cash cow mentality and release the game in the Western part world.

This post has been edited by Helikaon: Oct 26, 2012 - 4:01 PM

User is offline   SnowKitty 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip
  • LocationNorthern Europe
  • Class:Force Master

Posted Oct 27, 2012 - 3:20 PM

I agree with others, that official NA Blade and Soul forum would be great to have. ^__^
Posted Image
电信二区 - 斩天诀 Snowkitten / Lyn Force Master

User is offline   Notturno 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted Oct 28, 2012 - 2:36 AM

For those suggesting an official forum... why? If anything, the addition of an official forum is an overall detriment to the game's community health.

When was the last official game forum created that wasn't a complete and utter cesspool of stupidity, trolling, and noise? The point of an online community forum is to generate feelings of belonging and community; it's about fostering a sense of cohesion and togetherness through a commonly shared medium. What official forums do now is simply provide an outlet for the lowest common denominator to congregate and spew nonsense. Most of the threads created in official forums devolve into off-topic discussion, arguments and flaming, or insufferable amounts of low quality trolling. The minimal positive impact is completely diminished by the often hostile environment generated through official forums. There's a distinct lack of any positive gain achieved through the provision of an official forum.

The fact of the matter is that an official forum cannot be moderated and directed in a manner that is necessary for a massively scaled community forum. Considering NCsoft is providing a business service, any potential moderation or administrative action can negatively impact their bottom line; backlash against forum regulations can result in lost customers. Creating a proper community experience for such a large forum requires a ton of community managers and liaisons, which require a proper salary. The amount of people needed to handle such a forum would cost the company a ton of money for little monetary gain; there's no economic incentive to provide that service. Since the company is not willing to risk sales or invest the necessary funds to provide the heavy handed moderation needed to make an enjoyable official community forum, you simply end up with an out of control community where minimal moderation action occurs.

You know what doesn't suffer from this issue? A fan site, like Blade & Soul Dojo.

A fan site answers to nobody but itself; you only do what you do for the sake of the community. Fan sites do not need to run like a business in the sense that they are held directly accountable to customers, nor do they need to worry about overhead related to buildings or staffing. They are free of the constraints that hold back official forums, where they do not need to passively observe the community in fear of backlash. Fan sites are typically more aggressive with moderation practices, and staff members are more actively involved with the community. These people are held accountable as community members; if you do not arbitrate with a level hand, then you end up ousted or you lose members to rival fan sites. Fan sites generally operate on a volunteer basis, where moderators are promoted and demoted based on merit, contribution, and fairness. You end up with the staff shaping and steering the overall community site in a positive direction, and they have an active stake in ensuring this as community members. Ultimately, a fan site typically has a more engaging community with higher quality content due to the more restrictive and authoritarian terms of service associated with its usage.

Another monumental benefit of fan sites is it frees up NCsoft's community and marketing divisions. While many of the higher ups would not perform the same roles as a salaried moderator, they do not have the same obligations to helping direct and manage an official community forum. They can spend more time interacting with customers that do spend time on fan sites, which translates into a more connected atmosphere between the community team and the community at large. They have more time to address concerns and better gauge how the community feels about game aspects, the opinions held by customers, and how they can better serve us. It's a better overall situation that leads to a better product, and in my opinion, higher customer satisfaction.

The problem is that many companies care little for fan sites nowadays, since they cannot directly control them. An official forum provides direct control over the community, despite the perceived lower quality content. They do not have to worry about bending to the will of a powerful fan site community, nor playing nice with volunteers who may be difficult to work with when held to company standards. It's just safer as a company to provide official forums since you can keep everything centralized, rather than having to visit external sources for community data.

In short, my point is that official forums are garbage if you're seeking any sort of quality discussion or any feelings of community. They provide little actual substance, and a whole lot of noise you have to sift through if you want to find any sort of quality content. Fan sites provide a superior community experience, but companies tend to shy away from them because it requires a delicate touch to maintain a positive relationship with it, and it's very prone to being out of their control if something negative happens. Regardless, fan sites provide numerous benefits in terms of saving the company money; they don't have to maintain the forums, hire moderators, or worry about managing its overall direction.

Introducing an official forum will do nothing positive, in my opinion. If it does happen, and I think it's almost a given considering the market, it'll simply draw away the negative aspects of the community in my humble opinion. Either way, I'm sticking around The Dojo and I won't pay any mind to an official forum, it simply isn't worth the hassle. I just hope NCsoft cares enough about this place to keep in touch once in a while.

User is offline   Radii 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • LocationAsian Super Market
  • Character:Radii, Sugu

Posted Nov 15, 2012 - 1:16 AM

I say yes to an official forum. I always enjoy using them and getting to know the development team/other players etc.

It's nice to get enough recognition on a forum and have people say "hey! I know you from the forums!"

User is offline   Jett 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip
  • View gallery
  • LocationNaples, Florida - USA
  • Character:Jett
  • Class:Destroyer
  • Guild:- LOTUS -

Posted Nov 15, 2012 - 8:45 AM

@Notturno - TL DR lol (no offense ofc)

I also agree with an official forums and the no censoring. However, even if ESRB gives it a rated M 18+, you will have those idiotic parents out there buying the game for their kids, and they yelling at NC Soft for the content that their kid is playing/seeing lol. Ofc legally nothing can eb dont to NC Soft because of the rating, but still I bet they don't want to deal with the hassle, thats why a lot of companies censor games. I don't think it should be censored and hope it's not, just dont be suprised if it is.

This post has been edited by Jett: Nov 15, 2012 - 8:48 AM

Posted Image

User is offline   Nerdstick 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip

Posted Nov 16, 2012 - 3:50 AM

View PostJett, on Nov 15, 2012 - 8:45 AM, said:

@Notturno - TL DR lol (no offense ofc)

I also agree with an official forums and the no censoring. However, even if ESRB gives it a rated M 18+, you will have those idiotic parents out there buying the game for their kids, and they yelling at NC Soft for the content that their kid is playing/seeing lol. Ofc legally nothing can eb dont to NC Soft because of the rating, but still I bet they don't want to deal with the hassle, thats why a lot of companies censor games. I don't think it should be censored and hope it's not, just dont be suprised if it is.

Companies censor games to broaden the appeal to a wider audience (at the expense of some of the current). You can't honestly think that it's so they don't have to bother with upset parents..

User is offline   Jett 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip
  • View gallery

Posted Nov 16, 2012 - 4:20 AM

View PostNerdstick, on Nov 16, 2012 - 3:50 AM, said:

Companies censor games to broaden the appeal to a wider audience (at the expense of some of the current). You can't honestly think that it's so they don't have to bother with upset parents..

They rated Tera M (which is age 18+) then they censored the elin's outfits because they were too "sexual", while leaving the game rated M. I dont see it could be as far fetched as you make it sound :p

If they wanted to broaden the appeal they would have censored all the outfits and lowered the rating.

This post has been edited by Jett: Nov 16, 2012 - 4:21 AM

Posted Image

User is offline   Nerdstick 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip

Posted Nov 16, 2012 - 11:39 AM

View PostJett, on Nov 16, 2012 - 4:20 AM, said:

They rated Tera M (which is age 18+) then they censored the elin's outfits because they were too "sexual", while leaving the game rated M. I dont see it could be as far fetched as you make it sound :p

If they wanted to broaden the appeal they would have censored all the outfits and lowered the rating.

That was likely to avoid any comparisons to pedophilia given the age appearance of the class, and to avoid putting off some players. So yes, broadened appeal at the expense of some. Again, you can't honestly think that was to avoid 'angry parents'. Your argument makes no sense, and in fact, I can turn it against you: If their purpose in that censorship was to avoid complaints from angry parents why wouldn't they have censored all of the (partial) nudity? Singling Elins out does nothing to serve that purpose. But to answer your question anyways: they did lower the rating, in the UK version, by removing blood, etc.

I'll happily concede if you can show me a scrap of evidence, a single instance of an adult blockbuster MMO being censored to avoid complaints of angry parents. But we both know there aren't any. A game made for adults, marketed for adults and rated for adults is not censored for children. Either way, pretty off topic.

User is offline   Jett 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip
  • View gallery

Posted Nov 16, 2012 - 2:07 PM

I surrender sir. You are absolutely 100% right. I am also sorry if I have offended you in any way regarding the parents part. Anyways, i still stick with my opinion regarding no censorship. But it's going to happen anyways.
Posted Image

User is offline   Teny 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • LocationToronto

Posted Nov 17, 2012 - 6:22 AM

>Community.

Official forums would draw a larger crowd, since it'll be an official NcSoft site.

That being said, most of the people that would go there are just the typical NA gamers, the zergs and casuals that are currently wasting time on TERA and GW2. Even if they don't join the forums, they will come and check out the game at some point anyway.

Not saying that the zergs and casual players are bad, they are needed if the game is to survive, hopefully what happened on TERA where they put out 10 servers when they only had the players for about 3 is an example that comes to mind :shakehead:

I'd like to see updates about what they're doing and a more realistic time frame, since honestly they aren't developing the game, they're translating it which while it might take time, will not take nearly as long as it did to go through the CBT and OBT phase they had to go through in Korea.

User is offline   BloodySugar 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip
  • Race:Gon

Posted Nov 17, 2012 - 6:54 PM

Really don't care about the forum if the only thing it's needed for is, to ask developers when they gonna release the game. Other stuff you can learn here.

And if there don't give us some news about CBT/OBT after the end of the year, it's gonna mean they taking the long way.

This post has been edited by BloodySugar: Nov 17, 2012 - 7:04 PM

Server - 电信二区- subserver 斩天诀
Nickname - Bloodysugar / Aleris
Class - KFM / BM
Level - 45
Faction: Blue

User is offline   Jett 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip
  • View gallery

Posted Nov 17, 2012 - 8:10 PM

View PostBloodySugar, on Nov 17, 2012 - 6:54 PM, said:

Really don't care about the forum if the only thing it's needed for is, to ask developers when they gonna release the game. Other stuff you can learn here.

And if there don't give us some news about CBT/OBT after the end of the year, it's gonna mean they taking the long way.

Honestly bloody... how am i supprested to read your posts when u got such a sexy sig? LMAO
Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users