• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • LocationGermany
  • Character:Janish
  • Race:Lyn
  • Class:Force Master
  • Guild:Villains

Posted Dec 27, 2012 - 11:07 AM

New PvP-bo-pae set was implemented, but you need, besides of 600 / 48 opposite boss faction tokens / rare tokens => pve, 2000 gold. So basically i have to do a hell of gold farming to get a pvp bo-pae set. And i shouldn´t wonder if the stats are RNG. Funny stuff, indeed.
Server:飞龙逐日

Main: Janish - lvl 45 Forcemaster (red faction) - Guild: Villains

Server: 태산북두
Main: Janish lvl 50 Forcemaster (red faction)
Alt1: Janshiii lvl 45 Assassin (blue faction)
Alt2: Janshi lvl 45 Blademaster (red faction)

User is offline   Zenek 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Race:Jin
  • Class:Kung-Fu Master

Posted Dec 27, 2012 - 11:49 AM

And what is difference between PvE and PvP bo-pae? I have hope id does not means 1 shooting...

User is offline   Janshi 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • LocationGermany

Posted Dec 27, 2012 - 4:29 PM

Don´t know. I neither have 2k gold nor 600 / 48 tokens and as yet no informations on power wiki. 1 shooting? I doubt it, "pvp gear" in this game is designed for survivability not burst damage. I highly expect thats this so called pvp bo pae set has lots of crit resistance.

User is offline   Zenek 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Class:Kung-Fu Master

Posted Dec 27, 2012 - 4:35 PM

In this case it sounds great - I do like long PvP :D
But grind for it...

User is offline   Janshi 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • LocationGermany

Posted Dec 27, 2012 - 5:31 PM

View PostZenek, on Dec 27, 2012 - 4:35 PM, said:

In this case it sounds great - I do like long PvP :D
But grind for it...

I fully agree to you Zenek on this: A long battle is the only true PvP / duel. Critresistance and defence works wonder in BnS.
Well actually i hope the new bo-pae set doesn´t have RNG, than the 2k gold is okay otherwise it´s a big joke. I do not want to do hours for hours pve to get my pvp gear; thats stupid.

This post has been edited by Janshi: Dec 27, 2012 - 5:32 PM

User is offline   jokerstar 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Character:Fayde
  • Class:Blade Master
  • Guild:BooM

Posted Dec 27, 2012 - 7:51 PM

600 of those stupid tokens? Like the ones you get to buy the coat pvp outfit? looks like ill be sitting in the channel 2 red zerg for a while...

also, 2000 g? wtf. It seems that with the new "being able to sell clothes to vendor for 300g" thing being implemented, ncsoft just wants people to keep purchasing shit from them :/

really starting to look like aion with its stupid abyss points and medals that are used to buy pvp gear, and you really do no pvp to obtain these. As they're both run by the same company, im going to guess that the PVP bopae will have either PVP defense or PVP attack.

honestly i don't understand why mmos cant make it so u can pvp for pvp gear. I know the private server notAion did a great job of making it so pvp will get you pvp gear much faster than pve'ing, yet somehow ncsoft can't do that =/

This post has been edited by jokerstar: Dec 27, 2012 - 8:02 PM

BnS KR lvl 50 LBM- 1800-1950 1v1 Arena Rating

User is offline   Janshi 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • LocationGermany

Posted Dec 27, 2012 - 8:04 PM

View Postjokerstar, on Dec 27, 2012 - 7:51 PM, said:

600 of those stupid tokens? Like the ones you get to buy the coat pvp outfit? looks like ill be sitting in the channel 2 red zerg for a while...

also, 2000 g? wtf. It seems that with the new "being able to sell clothes to vendor for 300g" thing being implemented, bns just wants people to keep purchasing shit from them :/

Yeah, look at the npc in the tent in the last base. It sells a bo-pae box (looks like one, the description has something to do with bo-pae and in the translated patch notes something with a bo-pae set was mentioned) for 2000 gold and 600 standard tokens or 48 rare tokens (these are really really rare). I assume you´ll get a complete bo-pae set upon opening this box. Otherwise, if you only get one bo-pae piece, i would say: F**k you Team Bloodlust, go and shit someone other!

I assumed they just wanted to remove some gold from the servers but yeah of course on could see in that way. This is the new modern style of p2p games: Pay to play but hey it´s not really soley pay to play like in former days anymore, you have cash shop as well. Of course all carebears and smartass will tell me: One doesn´t have any real advantages with the cashshop. So if I gonna buy stuff for real money and sell this stuff in the auction house and therefore can afford stuff like a pvp bo-pae set 10 times faster than someone who didn´t want to use the cashshop, than this isn´t a real advantage? The fact one can buy a 35 ap gem for real money isn´t a real advantage too?

This post has been edited by Janshi: Dec 27, 2012 - 8:05 PM

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted Dec 27, 2012 - 8:08 PM

its actually increasing the gold on the servers. If you buy the christmas outfit, you can sell it to an NPC for 300 gold, not to another player -_-
RMT at its finest.

EDIT: are the rare tokens the ones that look exactly like the other tokens but have a longer name? (still green)

This post has been edited by jokerstar: Dec 27, 2012 - 8:10 PM

User is offline   MusicJazz 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Class:Assassin

Posted Dec 27, 2012 - 8:11 PM

I'm coming into this game expecting a bit of grind and I feel like it'll just be much more satisfying to do so with the running/flying mechanics for travel and the live action combat system to keep me on my toes :dreaming:

User is offline   Janshi 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • LocationGermany

Posted Dec 27, 2012 - 8:11 PM

View Postjokerstar, on Dec 27, 2012 - 8:08 PM, said:

its actually increasing the gold on the servers. If you buy the christmas outfit, you can sell it to an NPC for 300 gold, not to another player -_-
RMT at its finest.

EDIT: are the rare tokens the ones that look exactly like the other tokens but have a longer name? (still green)

Lol, didn´t know that. Absolutely retarded. Who thinks of shit like this?

Yeah, these are the rare tokens. They comes out of the lootbag from the boss npcs too, but only very rarely.
You need them to buy a identifaction scroll to identify the rank 3 pvp weps too.

This post has been edited by Janshi: Dec 27, 2012 - 8:13 PM

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted Dec 27, 2012 - 8:16 PM

View PostJanshi, on Dec 27, 2012 - 8:11 PM, said:

Lol, didn´t know that. Absolutely retarded. Who thinks of shit like this?

Yeah, these are the rare tokens. They comes out of the lootbag from the boss npcs too, but only very rarely.
You need them to buy a identifaction scroll to identify the rank 3 pvp weps too.

ahh kk thanks. Do the rank 3 pvp weaps give pvp stat bonuses like pvp attack or pvp def? how do they compare to pve weaps like bsh?

Also im no stranger to dumb rmt like this coming from aion, but im pretty sure this is worse than anything aion has done. Its the exact same thing as what gold sellers do plus one trip from the mailbox to the npc.

User is offline   Janshi 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • LocationGermany

Posted Dec 27, 2012 - 8:23 PM

View Postjokerstar, on Dec 27, 2012 - 8:16 PM, said:

ahh kk thanks. Do the rank 3 pvp weaps give pvp stat bonuses like pvp attack or pvp def? how do they compare to pve weaps like bsh?

Also im no stranger to dumb rmt like this coming from aion, but im pretty sure this is worse than anything aion has done. Its the exact same thing as what gold sellers do plus one trip from the mailbox to the npc.

The rank 3 pvp weps are not very good. They have crit resistance instead of critical chance but they comes only with 3 chi leech AND the AP range (between 198 - 242 if I remember correctly) and the amount of sockets (between 1-3 pentas or hexas) are rng.
If you search for a good pvp weapon and didn´t have luck (dbsh) or a party for 4man to get you a 3 socket instance weapon with 6 chi leech go with the 5 gold coin weapon. This weapon always has 242 ap, 6 chi leech and at least 2 gem sockets; you have a 50% chance to get 3 sockets instead of 33%. 242 AP is more than enough to beat everyone in this game if you use pvp oriented gear. 2 Sockets are okay, mandatory for every class are defence and stun gem. The ice gem is just a bonus.
About the crit resistance of the rank 3 weapon: You really don´t need that. Just enchant your bo-pae set of your choice with crit resit and you can reach crit resist of 30% or higher (don´t know what the stats of the new pvp bo-pae set are).
I go fully crit resist because I can reach 30% or more damage reduction without enchanting one of my bo-paes with defence.
Against pve heros with 50% crit chance, such gear will let their crit chance drop from 50% too 20% :joss_stick:
Always funny when they´re irritated if they can´t kill you in one combo :D

The duel arena and the 3 vs 3 bg will come soon and they will bring new items. I highy expect that they will introduce new pvp weapons with higher base AP and trinkets that you can get as reward for the arenas / bgs. I think in future there is absolutey no need to farm instances anymore to get competitive pvp weapons and trinkets anymore.

This post has been edited by Janshi: Dec 27, 2012 - 8:29 PM

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted Dec 27, 2012 - 8:28 PM

View PostJanshi, on Dec 27, 2012 - 8:23 PM, said:

The rank 3 pvp weps are not very good. They have crit resistance instead of critical chance but they comes only with 3 chi leech AND the AP range (between 198 - 242 if I remember correctly) and the amount of sockets (between 1-3 pentas or hexas) are rng.
If you search for a good pvp weapon and didn´t have luck (dbsh) or a party for 4man to get you a 3 socket instance weapon with 6 chi leech go with the 5 gold coin weapon. This weapon always has 242 ap, 6 chi leech and at least 2 gem sockets; you have a 50% chance to get 3 sockets instead of 33%. 242 AP is more than enough to beat everyone in this game if you use pvp oriented gear. 2 Sockets are okay, mandatory for every class are defence and stun gem. The ice gem is just a bonus.
About the crit resistance of the rank 3 weapon: You really don´t need that. Just enchant your bo-pae set of your choice with crit resit and you can reach crit resist of 30% or higher (don´t know what the stats of the pvp bo-pae set are).
I go fully crit resist because I can reach 30% or more damage reduction without enchanting one of my bo-paes with defence.

haha yea still havent gotten anything from dbsh :( sucks. Im getting close to another 45 purple coins and already have the 45 purple coin weapon, maybe I can RNG 5 gold coins from these! (not likely). I alsmot have a full dbsh bopae set, but ive gotten like 0 crit secondary effects zz. Is crit still the best secondary effect you can get on bopae for pvp? I might just keep farming dbsh for bopae to get 2 sets of bopae, one ill enchant with crit for pve and one with crit def for pvp.

edit: just realized thats also a shitload of money, might as well save up for the pvp bopae set( hopefully someone can tell me if its good or not)

This post has been edited by jokerstar: Dec 27, 2012 - 8:29 PM

User is offline   Janshi 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • LocationGermany

Posted Dec 27, 2012 - 8:34 PM

View Postjokerstar, on Dec 27, 2012 - 8:28 PM, said:

haha yea still havent gotten anything from dbsh :( sucks. Im getting close to another 45 purple coins and already have the 45 purple coin weapon, maybe I can RNG 5 gold coins from these! (not likely). I alsmot have a full dbsh bopae set, but ive gotten like 0 crit secondary effects zz. Is crit still the best secondary effect you can get on bopae for pvp? I might just keep farming dbsh for bopae to get 2 sets of bopae, one ill enchant with crit for pve and one with crit def for pvp.

edit: just realized thats also a shitload of money, might as well save up for the pvp bopae set( hopefully someone can tell me if its good or not)

I wouldn´t spend too much money if you want to get yourself pvp gear. Just wait for the new pvp content (duel arena and 3 vs 3 bg) and what stuff this kicks in.
In my experience and what i have seen from korean player guides, defensive stats on your bo-pae set is much more useful. It gives you more flexibility. So best secondary stats on the bsh bo-pae set for pvp are defence and hp. You should take bo-pae 3,4 and 8 with hp as sub stat and all other bo-pae with defence if you want to go with bsh bo-pae set. You can look at my stats in the signature. I reach 32,74 % DR with only a 600 defence gem and 2 daily earrings without any bo-pae enchanted with defence.
But i would wait with the enchanting before you don´t know what stat the new pvp-bo-pae set has.

Actually i think one need two pvp bo-pae sets. 30% or more critical resistance are wasted against players who have pvp oriented gear too, because these guys usually have very low critical chances too. In such a case a lots of penetration would be better so i would aim for 20% crit resistance and try to stack as much penetration as possible to negate the high defense of the opposite player.
A high critical resit set is more against pve guys who have maximum critical chance / ap / critical bonus damage. Stacking penetration is not useful against these guys, because they usually have something about 10% DR. With bsh bo-pae set one have automatically approx. 300 penetration thats nearly 10% defence ignoring.

This post has been edited by Janshi: Dec 27, 2012 - 8:39 PM

User is offline   Banryu 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Class:Undecided

Posted Dec 27, 2012 - 8:35 PM

Saying that someone is inexperienced in MMOs, because they do not enjoy a "grind-fest", in my view - is silly - just because there are different types of grinds.
In the majority MMOs from Asia, the grind is an obvious one. It isn't always hidden, the way we hide the grind here in Western-made games is by pumping out quests along with a few other things I'll mention below.

Bottom line: The grind is everywhere.

Lightening the load

• The best way for games to avoid it is put a fun mask on it. The mask that is chosen, tends to be one that entangles players in a storyline that will give meaning to the endless grind, and thus - encourage progression by bolstering people's initiative to get out there and make some kind of a difference in the fantasy world they are engaged in.

• Another way, is to make the combat flashy and interesting. Having more movement-based combat (or action combat) makes the riding a lot easier, than it would have in traditional MMOs, where the grind was mundane and unbearable.

• Lastly, I feel that promoting community and giving more social elements to a game, can help out a great deal. As others in this thread have noted, when you're grindin' with friends, the goin' ain't so tough, y'know?

I'm probably missing some things! Feel free to add.

Tera was a grind.
Guild Wars 2 is a grind.
Flyff was a grind too.

I name those three because I feel they are a good example for what I am trying to explain, highlighting the varying degrees of grind found in MMOs.

Guild wars 2, out of the three, is a game that has chosen a different route to grinding - by calling them 'Dynamic Events'.

Tera chose to give quest after quest after quest - with quest-grinding being their chosen route to combating, the inevitable grind. I understand that for games that originate in asia, the easiest way to Westernize it is to go the route that Tera went.

And lastly for Flyff? It was like a partial disguise, but at least (for me) the story was engaging enough in the beginning, to keep me from just giving up hope by level 40. In the end I was about level...107 or so, by the time I decided to move on to something different. Forgot to add. What kept me in Flyff, were all the friends I made and the leveling parties we formed. The conversation was endless.

These are my thoughts and observances. *scratches her head*
So uh, yeah.

This post has been edited by Langlang: Dec 27, 2012 - 8:46 PM

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted Dec 27, 2012 - 8:40 PM

ahh.. kk shit ive been destroying all my jewelery with no crit damage percentage in it :( and I haven't seen those earrings before, where do you get them? and are your rings crit defense or crit damage?

looks like ill be sorting my purple bopae now by defensive stats and crit, ill prob be able to get a pvp set alot faster than pve now(almost all of my bopae are defensive).

User is offline   Janshi 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • LocationGermany

Posted Dec 27, 2012 - 8:44 PM

View Postjokerstar, on Dec 27, 2012 - 8:40 PM, said:

ahh.. kk shit ive been destroying all my jewelery with no crit damage percentage in it :( and I haven't seen those earrings before, where do you get them? and are your rings crit defense or crit damage?

These are obtained with 20 blue coins at the exchange npc in the last bigger town. But you can get better version from 4man bsh or the new endgame dungeons (though the difference is really marginal especially because the diminishing returns will eat up the additional stats quickly).
Atm i use crit damage rings but i want to get me some defensive rings from mushin tower 1 & 2 (850 hp / 100 evade / 100 defence).
Of course critical rings with defence would be useful too because you can reach 35% crit resistance with them; i´m not sure atm.
And of course accesories with penetration would be useful too.

looks like ill be sorting my purple bopae now by defensive stats and crit, ill prob be able to get a pvp set alot faster than pve now(almost all of my bopae are defensive).

I think it isn´t a fault to farm dbsh for further pieces but i wouldn´t enchant them before it´s a clear what the stats of the pvp bo-pae sets are exactly. I doubt they introduce a new bo-pae set again with the arenas.

This post has been edited by Janshi: Dec 27, 2012 - 8:47 PM

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted Dec 27, 2012 - 8:54 PM

yeah, ill prob wait till we see what the pvp arenas and stuff bring. If they give base crit-defense ill prob try to farm for them.

thanks for the help, was really wondering what the best way to gear up for pvp was!

we probably shouldnt derail the topic more and just return back to if blade and soul is grindy :P

User is offline   JemL 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationMéxico
  • Race:Undecided
  • Class:Undecided

Posted Dec 28, 2012 - 9:28 PM

Does any of you cares about the features anymore? something which can attract you, like ArcheAge does to me...and Blade and Soul did like two months ago, insteand of...

User is offline   Ghastly 

• Large Hammer Master - 槌
  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderators
  • LocationIn a swamp!
  • Race:Gon
  • Class:Destroyer
  • Guild:Thieves Den

Posted Dec 28, 2012 - 10:14 PM

View PostUruru, on Dec 26, 2012 - 6:24 PM, said:

The way i see it, grinding is only boring if the combat itself is rather lackluster.

Blade and soul combat is fun and engaging, ergo, i won't mind grinding~

This is my answer to all this. B&S is a a fun game, you have the freedom to choose what you want to do. Dailies, story, pvp, or help others through their early quests. If you enjoy the gameplay and the game as a whole there is no way you get bored. What's best is that you're not put in situations against your will so it's really all up to you.
Posted ImageRemember to read our Forum Rules before posting!
Have a Blade & Soul related question? Check our FAQ before creating a topic/post.
Found a topic/post that violates our Forum Rules? Use the Report button and we'll deal with it!

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users