Blade & Soul Dojo: The Dojo's (KR) Q&A - Blade & Soul Dojo

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Dojo's (KR) Q&A Have questions about Blade & Soul's Korea retail?

User is offline   イシ-サマ。(´ε` ) 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Locationギリシャ
  • Race:Kun
  • Class:Force Master

Posted Jan 11, 2013 - 11:23 PM

I am not sure where to exactly ask this so I hope I am in a right thread. I would like to ask if it is possible for me to change the game's graphic settings without going in-game? Because right now my super old monitor cannot seem to handle the game's current resolution so whenever I try to load the game it just go black in instant and a message "Out of range" appear afterwards. Can someone help me out with this problem? I just downloaded the game and can't play it because of the said problem. A help will be so much appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Posted Image
I HAVE A THING WITH BISHOUNENS. TICKLE ME AND I'LL TELL YOU.

User is offline   Nekuraba 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • LocationBehind you~
  • Character:Morginna
  • Race:Jin
  • Class:Assassin

Posted Jan 12, 2013 - 1:49 AM

If your willing to spend some cash~

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16824236059

this is a great screen, its like a TV

User is offline   イシ-サマ。(´ε` ) 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Locationギリシャ

Posted Jan 12, 2013 - 10:25 PM

View PostNekuraba, on Jan 12, 2013 - 1:49 AM, said:

If your willing to spend some cash~

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16824236059

this is a great screen, its like a TV

Yeah. After this incident I decided to invest some money on a new screen. A bigger and better one most probably. I fixed the problem by the way. Just did some tweaking on some files and I was able to load the game successfully. Enjoying the game now :D Seeing how awesome BNS is I guess I'll go for that 40" Samsung screen for best gaming experience.
Posted Image
I HAVE A THING WITH BISHOUNENS. TICKLE ME AND I'LL TELL YOU.

User is offline   Silmarien 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Class:Undecided

Posted Jan 30, 2013 - 12:43 PM

Hey guys, I downloaded the game as advised and started the setup.exe. Here, however I encountered a little problem.
Posted Image
The only thing I understood was Data7.cab, so I tried to download that specific file again, but in vain. I also turned off my antivirus/firewall, no chance.
I hope you can help me with this. :)

User is offline   Roberto Tomás 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip
  • Character:HoKu

Posted Jan 30, 2013 - 1:36 PM

View PostSilmarien, on Jan 30, 2013 - 12:43 PM, said:

Posted Image[/URL]

I don't know Korean. I copied the text as follows: 이 설치에 필요한 캐비닛파일'Data7.cab'이(가)손상되어 사용할수 없습니다. 네트워크 오류이거나 CD-ROM 읽기오류이거나 이 패키지의문 제일수 있습니다.

To help you with writing hangul, a good keyboard like this one is handy: http://www.branah.com/korean

Google tells me that that says that the Archive required for installation 'data7.cab' is damaged and the data is not available. Either a network error, or a CD-ROM read error is to blame, and finding the appropriate package is the best solution.

This post has been edited by Roberto Tomás: Jan 30, 2013 - 2:14 PM

电信二区 斩天诀 拳师 19 冷水Nairobi

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip

Posted Jan 30, 2013 - 2:15 PM

Ah, okay, thank you for your help.
Somehow I knew this might be the problem.
What can I do though? I downloaded the client from the official site so less likely the file would be corrupt. But in case it might be corrupt I downloaded it again, but the problem still exists.
It may work if anbody can provide me the files that work for download.

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip

Posted Jan 30, 2013 - 2:26 PM

View PostSilmarien, on Jan 30, 2013 - 2:15 PM, said:

What can I do though? I downloaded the client from the official site so less likely the file would be corrupt. But in case it might be corrupt I downloaded it again, but the problem still exists.

I gotta tell you, if you are having problems with an official download I'm not sure what you can do outside of contacting them. And I'm really worried now that I am wasting my time now to download it the same way.

Good luck.

But I do have one other option to suggest. This one is a one-in-a-million, but you might try downloading the software from bns.qq.com, run the installer, and install into the directory. Then go back, and overwrite the Chinese install by installing into the same directory from the plaync.com installer. If you are very lucky (and you don't mind some of the content of the game suddenly switching over to Chinese) the data from the Chinese install might suffice.

The data is packaged in the Chinese version in a different way than the Korean Union one .. you wont be able to pull out the cab you need. Its an all or nothing sort of fix.

May I ask you —where are you pulling the individual cabs from on the official site?

This post has been edited by Roberto Tomás: Jan 30, 2013 - 2:30 PM

电信二区 斩天诀 拳师 19 冷水Nairobi

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip

Posted Jan 30, 2013 - 3:27 PM

Wow, you really go out of your way to help me, thanks.
I don't know, if I got your point. So I have to download the chin. installer and run it and have it overwrite the korean contents, then run the korean setup.exe?

Regarding the cabs, I believe some links to each file were provided in the earlier posts or in another thread. Can't tell you exactly though since I'm not on the pc right now. Mind you, I downloaded the whole package from the official site
again - still not working. Tell me, if it works for you and in case it'd be nice if you send me that damn file.

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip

Posted Jan 30, 2013 - 4:34 PM

View PostSilmarien, on Jan 30, 2013 - 3:27 PM, said:

Wow, you really go out of your way to help me, thanks.
I don't know, if I got your point. So I have to download the chin. installer and run it and have it overwrite the korean contents, then run the korean setup.exe?

Regarding the cabs, I believe some links to each file were provided in the earlier posts or in another thread. Can't tell you exactly though since I'm not on the pc right now. Mind you, I downloaded the whole package from the official site
again - still not working. Tell me, if it works for you and in case it'd be nice if you send me that damn file.

Okay, it was just an idea. I am hoping that isn't going to be necessary — and if you got the one cab from there, it might be that that one cab is bad. So a much better solution for you might be to simply re-download the game with the official downloader.

Right now, my download has finished, however I am having a language issue that appears to be specific to windows 8. My thread is here, in case you might take a look: windows 8 install (korean version)

In the mean time, I can at least give you the checksum I got when I downloaded the game from the official game downloader:
E:\BNSsetup>fciv -add Data7.cab
//
// File Checksum Integrity Verifier version 2.05.
//
ba027991320327e78b16977b8350baf0 data7.cab

FCIV is just windows' md5 checksum verifier.. if you don't already have an md5checksum app, you can get it from Microsoft at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/841290

edit: since you and someone else both are having issues with the cab files from the download, I generated a complete list and the md5checksums from my download when I got it from the official mirror: file list and md5 checksums

This post has been edited by Roberto Tomás: Jan 30, 2013 - 5:07 PM

电信二区 斩天诀 拳师 19 冷水Nairobi

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip

Posted Jan 30, 2013 - 5:11 PM

I will give your idea a try. It's better than anything I could think of. I just have to proceed as mentioned above? Like replacing the korean data with the chinese data, right?
I'm using win7 - win8 isn't worth the money or so I heard.
If BnS runs for you after you set it up on win8, feel free to send me the data7.cab file. If it works for you, it should work for as well, don't you think?

Edit: okay I will try it though I have no idea what this means. But I suppose we are comparing codes? Whether they match or not?

This post has been edited by Silmarien: Jan 30, 2013 - 5:16 PM

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip

Posted Jan 30, 2013 - 5:32 PM

View PostSilmarien, on Jan 30, 2013 - 5:11 PM, said:

I will give your idea a try. It's better than anything I could think of. I just have to proceed as mentioned above? Like replacing the korean data with the chinese data, right?
I'm using win7 - win8 isn't worth the money or so I heard.
If BnS runs for you after you set it up on win8, feel free to send me the data7.cab file. If it works for you, it should work for as well, don't you think?

Edit: okay I will try it though I have no idea what this means. But I suppose we are comparing codes? Whether they match or not?

yea, when you install Microsoft's FCIV and follow all the steps it describes, you can then use it on the commandline. You would do just what I did, go to the directory, and write the same command I wrote.. the result it gives you should match the numbers I posted.

if the numbers match — then the data7.cab file that you have appears to be just like mine, and should work. The problem may be with the hard drive, or maybe with the installer. Try re-downloading the files from the official downloader, this time saving them to a different drive.
if the numbers do not match — then the data7.cab file that you have appears to be corrupt. Try getting it from a different source. I'm not sure how to give you a copy of mine.. we can work something out if you like. Or you can start the downloader again .. download the whole thing a second time, and this time the problem should go away.

This post has been edited by Roberto Tomás: Jan 30, 2013 - 6:13 PM

电信二区 斩天诀 拳师 19 冷水Nairobi

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip

Posted Jan 31, 2013 - 12:13 PM

So, I downloaded the official installer again and in finally worked! Strangely, I used a mirror this time (if number 2,3 and 4 are considered as mirrors). Another thing I want to point out that this time I downloaded without breaks unlike the first time where I had to put the download on hold. Maybe this was the problem or just one of the official installers has a corrupt file.
Anyways, thank you for your support. :)

User is offline   Spirits of Vengeance 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationUSA
  • Character:Antumbra
  • Guild:None right now :(

Posted Feb 06, 2013 - 10:51 PM

This makes me wonder, will the Dojo have an offical US and EU server when it is released overseas? See you all there :confident:
Hello! I'm Spirits, the Assassin, your guide to the madness. Be like water my friend and you just may survive.

User is offline   Kycir 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Character:Kycira
  • Race:Lyn
  • Class:Blade Master

Posted Feb 20, 2013 - 7:24 PM

Can anyone help me identify what those chests are for?
Posted Image
Also what is there any difference between buying the 5 and 15 gold coin weapons?
Posted Image
Posted Image

User is offline   Aari 

• Dojo Sensei
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Character:Aari

Posted Feb 21, 2013 - 1:19 AM

View PostKycir, on Feb 20, 2013 - 7:24 PM, said:

Can anyone help me identify what those chests are for?
Posted Image
Also what is there any difference between buying the 5 and 15 gold coin weapons?
Posted Image

Chests hare the same you get in DBSH (Just the blue wpns)

15 Gold coin wpn has 263 Wpn damage, always.

5 Gold coin wpn max damage is a lot lower, dont ask me what the exact value was...
Posted Image
Click the Picute for a Livestream with B&S and Tera in 1080p
Youtube Channel with BnS Gameplay & Guides

User is offline   Sheru 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • LocationGermany
  • Character:野生猫
  • Race:Lyn
  • Class:Summoner
  • Guild:none

Posted Feb 21, 2013 - 8:39 AM

The Weapon for 5 Goldcoins has 242 AP and ALWAYS 6 chi reggen/60 rageleech

The 15 Goldcoinweapon has 260 AP and can have 3 diffrent subbuffs
1. 6 chi reggen/60 rageleech
2. HP leech
3. critmultibuff (not sure if it was this buff)
Serverregion: 电信二区 (active)
Server:飞龙逐日
Main Char: 野生猫 Summoner lvl 45 blue faction

KR Server: 태산북두 (inactive)
Main Char: Sherufanir Summoner lvl 50 red faction

User is offline   Arawn 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Character:Cheichi

Posted Mar 03, 2013 - 11:11 AM

Hi i don't really know where i'm supposed to post that but i'm stuck on a quest and I didn't know what will i do...

Posted Image

This is the screen of the quest i hope you can help me >w<

This post has been edited by Arawn: Mar 03, 2013 - 11:12 AM

User is offline   Myusaki 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Character:Myusaki
  • Guild:Loli Power

Posted Mar 17, 2013 - 1:43 PM

View PostArawn, on Mar 03, 2013 - 11:11 AM, said:

Hi i don't really know where i'm supposed to post that but i'm stuck on a quest and I didn't know what will i do...

Posted Image

This is the screen of the quest i hope you can help me >w<

u have to buy a item on the second page from the npc at the pvp camp. thats what i know now too. but there´s another ability quest and nobody can tell me axactly what to do...its the quest where u´d get the S Skill . i mean the ability where u can get down while gliding with the S key.

User is offline   Ghastly 

• Large Hammer Master - 槌
  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderators
  • LocationIn a swamp!
  • Race:Gon
  • Class:Destroyer
  • Guild:Thieves Den

Posted May 04, 2013 - 9:49 AM

Can anyone be so kind to help me figure out where to change my password? :laugh:
Posted ImageRemember to read our Forum Rules before posting!
Have a Blade & Soul related question? Check our FAQ before creating a topic/post.
Found a topic/post that violates our Forum Rules? Use the Report button and we'll deal with it!

User is offline   Seraphy 

• Flower in the Mountain
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Character:Maiya
  • Race:Gon
  • Class:Kung-Fu Master
  • Guild:Thieves Den

Posted May 04, 2013 - 10:04 AM

View PostGhastly, on May 04, 2013 - 9:49 AM, said:

Can anyone be so kind to help me figure out where to change my password? :laugh:

If you mean the B&S password:
Posted Image

Need to enter date of birth (Y/M/D), existing password, then new password (min 8, max 16 characters), confirm new password, skip the NC OTP box, and enter the Korean captcha if it's there.

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users