• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Group: Members
  • Character:Maiya
  • Race:Gon
  • Class:Kung-Fu Master
  • Guild:Thieves Den

Posted Mar 21, 2012 - 3:16 PM

• The game shall be known as .hack//Versus, and it will be bundled with the upcoming .hack movie known as .hack//Sekai no Mukou ni.
  • Both the movie and the game are going to have 3D.
  • Confirmed for the game so far are going to be Sora (Another Kite look alike, who is the main character of .hack//Sekai no Mukou ni.), Haseo (Regular and his ultimate form.), and a mysterious character that is unknown for now.
  • Characters will be able to use Skills and Altimit Skills, and each will have a unique ability known as their "Exceed."
  • Sora's Exceed: Level Up - her speed and strength go up and when she uses skills her friends will appear and support her.
  • Sora's Altimit Skill is evidently called Fianna Rush.
  • The plot centers around a mysterious character named "9."

The game will be bundled with .hack//Sekai no Mukou ni in a normal edition and "The World" edition, to be released June 28th. The normal edition will be ¥7,140 and include a deluxe foldout box and jacket and a mini-size movie pamphlet. "The World Edition" will apparently be ¥10,500, and in addition to those things it will contain:
  • 25 (incredibly-nostalgic) jacket-size posters
  • A 48-page fullcolor concept book
  • The storyboards for the movie
  • A special DVD called the .hack//Extension Disc
  • A special collector's box illustrated by Seiichiro Hosokawa, the main artist of .hack//G.U.

Posted Image
More Images:
Hidden Content

Sources:
http://dothackers.ne...rt_from=&ucat=
http://www.japanator...ame-22550.phtml
http://andriasang.co...ersus_detailed/

-----

WANT. Though I do miss the old .hack art style.

This post has been edited by Seraphy: Mar 25, 2012 - 3:12 PM

User is offline   star shooter 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Locationon the battlefield
  • Race:Jin

Posted Mar 21, 2012 - 4:31 PM

so its a lil fighting game that goes along with the dvd? thats coool but the art looks kinda weird to me :shakehead:
Posted Image

User is offline   Demonare 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationEast Coast
  • Race:Kun
  • Class:Summoner

Posted Mar 21, 2012 - 4:53 PM

Oh and I thought this was an entirely separate game.

I'm a fan of fighters, so if this comes over, I'd probably get it. But given Bamco's track record with releasing anything .hack related overseas, I'm not going to get too excited about this for now.

User is offline   Valadhiel 

• Dojo Sensei
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationMaryland, USA
  • Class:Force Master

Posted Mar 21, 2012 - 6:40 PM

I wish someone would put out a DVD (or blu-ray) bundle of ALL the .hack movies. I'm so far behind ... *whines* But ... the game looks cool.

User is offline   Garzel 

• The Dragon Artificer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationIn my Library
  • Character:Clockwork
  • Race:Lyn
  • Guild:Slayers' Tower

Posted Mar 21, 2012 - 9:15 PM

It's a fighter? I was always interested in the show but I never watched it. I though the games looked cool to. I always though they would make a MMO out of it because the anime is basically set in a MMO IIRC.

But then again it would be generic as hell, But then again if they have creative minds working on it I don't see why its not possible.
Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat”- Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Posted Image
'Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories." - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted Mar 21, 2012 - 9:35 PM

View PostGarzel, on Mar 21, 2012 - 9:15 PM, said:

I always though they would make a MMO out of it because the anime is basically set in a MMO IIRC.

But then again it would be generic as hell, But then again if they have creative minds working on it I don't see why its not possible.

.hack is actually what got me into MMO's i remember back when i was like 11 or 12 i would yell at my friends , "i dont wanna play runescape anymore! i wanna play "THE WORLD" " ahhhh memories :feel_good:
Posted Image

User is offline   Seraphy 

• Flower in the Mountain
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted Mar 21, 2012 - 9:37 PM

It's a fighter? I was always interested in the show but I never watched it. I though the games looked cool to. I always though they would make a MMO out of it because the anime is basically set in a MMO IIRC.

They did make a MMO, but it failed pretty badly I think. As much as I would love for them to create another, it really breaks the feel of .hack if you can't have the same amount of freedom the series allowed. I would say ArcheAge is close, but still far from that freedom.

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted Mar 21, 2012 - 9:45 PM

It's a fighter?

Well, just this one is so far. The rest of the series are RPGs in the guise of an MMO (since that's where the setting takes place) (though I think /LINK deviated from it a little). Each of the shows tend to have a different feel from each other as well.

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted Mar 21, 2012 - 10:17 PM

View PostSeraphy, on Mar 21, 2012 - 9:37 PM, said:

They did make a MMO, but it failed pretty badly I think. As much as I would love for them to create another, it really breaks the feel of .hack if you can't have the same amount of freedom the series allowed. I would say ArcheAge is close, but still far from that freedom.

yah i think it was called .hack fragment? i looked it up years ago hoping for the best :joss_stick: then i saw the game and was depressed for about 2 weeks :gloomy:

but actually when you think about it " THE WORLD" wasnt a very good game, a lot of characters looked the same and it was mainly grinding :oops: what made it cool were the headsets and the way it affected the real world
:shakehead:
Posted Image

• Flower in the Mountain
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted Mar 21, 2012 - 10:35 PM

View Poststar shooter, on Mar 21, 2012 - 10:17 PM, said:

yah i think it was called .hack fragment? i looked it up years ago hoping for the best :joss_stick: then i saw the game and was depressed for about 2 weeks :gloomy:

but actually when you think about it " THE WORLD" wasnt a very good game, a lot of characters looked the same and it was mainly grinding :oops: what made it cool were the headsets and the way it affected the real world
:shakehead:

It wasn't really just grinding. Characters were pretty diverse. The way they explained The World, it was practically whatever you wanted. Then there were guild homes which were highly customizable, or hideouts in towns (forget the technical term that is used in Legend of the Twilight) with whatever look you wanted. The word system allowed for varying dungeons. Places they showed in the anime made it appear as if The World had a vast amount of land to go to and you could just sit or do whatever in them. Swim, sit on terrain, pick up a blade of grass, interact with all the terrain.

And even though they had headsets, it always seemed as if it was like virtual reality (with all the freedom of movement they had). Yet their controllers were just PS2-like dual stick controllers. It's just too much stuff for developers to consider.

User is offline   Lyari 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • LocationIn a Castle among the Clouds
  • Character:Lyari
  • Class:Undecided
  • Guild:7 Sages

Posted Mar 22, 2012 - 12:18 AM

My link Use this to support if you have a facebook. I don't have one.. :)

User is offline   Neminis Nihilum 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip
  • LocationThe Internet
  • Character:Henako
  • Guild:Lotus

Posted Mar 22, 2012 - 4:55 AM

View PostSeraphy, on Mar 21, 2012 - 9:37 PM, said:

It wasn't a true mmo. You met up with people on a board and then formed a party and went in game. Also, it was more of a test to see how .hack would be like with multiple people, it was never meant to be up for long. IN fact if I remember correctly they actually kept the servers up longer than originally planned due to player demand.

Anywho, I for one would adore a .hack mmo. To counteract the points that it would be pretty boring that really depends on what they put into it. The game changed drastically from IMOQ to G.U. so we know that they have the capacity for change and improvements. IN fact I rather loved G.U.'s combat system with the right changes it would be excellent for an mmo. Actually, G.U. was built a lot more to simulate an mmorpg than IMOQ. It had world lore and class balance as well as what looked to be a few interesting quests. However, there is a good chance that we never really got to experience The World as a game on its own. You see, .hack focuses a lot of its story on player interaction and fantastical things that weren't part of the average The World experience. The World and .hack are like two seperate entities that chare a symbiotic relationship, they are integral to each others existence. The mmorpg The World wasn't really the focus of the games so it was never really looked into save for a few occasions and some world building.

It would be a lot of work as any mmo is, but with the right combination of all the elements a .hack//TheWorld would be a wondrous thing. IN my novice opinion, what they could do is use there talents to create a fully fleshed out The World and keep up with the Fantastical elements dear to .hack with some creative usage of questing and world events as well as supplementary materials available on their website like videos and even fake news articles if they wish to go that far. Fans of .hack seem to be the kind that would appreciate such roleplay but for other kinds of fans if The World as a whole is fully realized then they skip it and still have their own fun.

Of course I've never actually made a game so what do I know.

On another note, I actually do want to go into games someday.
.Hack inspired my love for mmorpgs and videogames in general, as well as anime.
While I don't want to make a .hack game I do want to make a game inspired by it all.
Alas, I am the only one even remotely interested in my project at the moment and I fail on initiative if left alone sometimes. If anyone wants to help me even just bounce around ideas it would really help me flesh things out.

• Dojo Sensei
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted Mar 22, 2012 - 7:22 AM

.hack is what got me intrigued with MMO's as well. Granted, I'd played a few MUDs long before then. But the thought of putting on a VR headset and then suddenly being transported into an MMO world, that intrigues the hell out of me and I hope that someday that comes true!

User is offline   Manes 

• King of Bandits (王ドロボウ)
  • Group: Subscriber
  • LocationFlorida
  • Character:Manes
  • Class:Blade Master

Posted Mar 23, 2012 - 11:02 AM

A .Hack MMO you say?

Hell yeah I'd play it! I was actually saddened to hear the newest .Hack game would be a fighting type game....

Bandai, I am disappoint.

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted Mar 23, 2012 - 11:24 AM

.hack didn't really get me interested in MMOs (I was already interested by then, from playing Phantasy Star Online), but it did establish the kind of aesthetic I'd like to see in an MMO. Blade & Soul reminds me of that a little.

• Flower in the Mountain
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted Mar 25, 2012 - 2:58 PM

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted Mar 25, 2012 - 3:14 PM

I like how the real world and The World have slightly different animations styles, though I feel they should be reversed (cel-shaded for reality and normal CG animation for The World). The fighting game looks nice in motion, but doesn't really grip me yet. Seems like they're using the Naruto Ultimate Storm engine for it though.

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted Mar 25, 2012 - 4:09 PM

View PostSeraphy, on Mar 25, 2012 - 2:58 PM, said:

ok that game looks really cool now :misdoubt:
Posted Image

• Dojo Sensei
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted Mar 25, 2012 - 4:26 PM

Damn it. When's it coming to North America (the movie that is).

User is offline   skullking2 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • LocationFlordia
  • Character:skullking2
  • Class:Blade Master
  • Guild:Slayer's Tower

Posted Mar 26, 2012 - 11:53 AM

View PostValadhiel, on Mar 25, 2012 - 4:26 PM, said:

Damn it. When's it coming to North America (the movie that is).

lol,look on the anime sites .
Posted Image
Join Slayer's Tower the PVP guild for you.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users