The mysterious 8th class? Who knows? Rate Topic: -----

User is offline   CH Falconner 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Race:Kun
  • Class:Force Master

Posted May 24, 2012 - 5:37 PM

Maybe Taoist for light/dark and earth/air magic.

User is offline   Lyndis 

• Dojo Sensei
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationTexas
  • Race:Undecided
  • Class:Undecided
  • Guild:Slayers' Tower

Posted May 24, 2012 - 8:07 PM

While we are approaching Open Beta, we still havent found out about the final class yet. Therefore I have a feeling they could make some changes to Race/Class playability. As always though, only time will tell.

User is offline   Vile Samael 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Character:Ryang Huan-Yong
  • Race:Lyn
  • Class:Summoner

Posted May 25, 2012 - 11:13 AM

Musician as a class would be really interesting, as long as they did it right. Not sure how they'd work it though, since muses are typically buff classes. It'd be cool for them to have debuff songs and damage-dealing songs though, damage-dealing songs being a la DOMO Muse. I'd also try Taoist though, that sounds pretty cool as well. Not sure how they'd handle it, either. Everything's pretty much up in the air right now.

It'd be neat if they put in more than 8 classes. More room for experiementation and variety. And I hope they have a lot of character slots available, especially if it's P2P. A lot of people would wanna try out ALL of the classes, and 3 slots doesn't cut it at all, especially if you'd have to make multiple accounts to try them all out :V
Posted Image

User is offline   Galileo 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • LocationLotus Pond
  • Character:Galileo
  • Race:Jin
  • Class:Assassin
  • Guild:Lotus

Posted May 31, 2012 - 10:54 AM

It really makes you wonder what they'll end up doing. for example. the drastic yet needed change in the summoner class compared to our first speculations.

I don't know what I would prefer.

The expected Bard/Taoist

Or to have them completely blow my mind with something completely unexpected.

The waiting.

User is offline   Pokki 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • LocationBehind you :3
  • Character:Pokki
  • Race:Lyn
  • Class:Blade Master
  • Guild:Thieves Den

Posted Jun 03, 2012 - 7:49 PM

I've actually found the few music classes that I've played in games to be pretty, but totally weak :/ Then again, we see things like Naruto where the village of sound is pretty OP, it would be pretty cool to do stuff like that, using sound to deafen foes and to effect their bodies with amplified sound on the water inside them. Well I guess you could say that wouldn't work on fire mobs (they could be immune to it? o.O), but it's the same as a person jumping 10 feet into the air so that's ok :3 I actually wanted to see a class that used fans for some reason -_- It would be pretty awesometastic though, blade edged fans, maybe with detachable blades that fly off and huge fans that can be used to effect wind currents (again Naruto). Btw, Taoism I'm totally confused as to what it really is, something to do with a deep philosophy, living in harmony with the "path", an inexplicable force and the essence of everything...? -_- What I do get is that it has to do with the ying and the yang, exorcism and divination rituals and practises for longevity. Weeeell I guess they could do something with exorcism but what about everything else? o.O

This post has been edited by Pokki: Jun 03, 2012 - 8:01 PM

Posted Image

User is offline   Famfrit 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationLimsa at night <3
  • Character:Eifa Carey

Posted Jan 02, 2013 - 6:04 PM

Does anyone know if The Lyn Blade Master is the 7th class? or is it just considered as a modified blade master?

Anyways I'd love to see maybe a 'dark magic' class as mentioned before, we've seen what jin seo yeon can do. Maybe the Kun exclusive.
Posted Image

User is offline   Aari 

• Dojo Sensei
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Character:Aari
  • Class:Assassin

Posted Jan 02, 2013 - 7:54 PM

View PostFamfrit, on Jan 02, 2013 - 6:04 PM, said:

Does anyone know if The Lyn Blade Master is the 7th class? or is it just considered as a modified blade master?

Anyways I'd love to see maybe a 'dark magic' class as mentioned before, we've seen what jin seo yeon can do. Maybe the Kun exclusive.

It is considered a new class.
Posted Image
Click the Picute for a Livestream with B&S and Tera in 1080p
Youtube Channel with BnS Gameplay & Guides

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted Jan 03, 2013 - 10:05 AM

View PostAari, on Jan 02, 2013 - 7:54 PM, said:

Really? Ugh that's annoying :shakehead:
Posted Image

User is offline   Mythicalbrit 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Class:Kung-Fu Master

Posted Jan 06, 2013 - 6:24 AM

View PostAari, on Jan 02, 2013 - 7:54 PM, said:

If that statements true it only leaves 1 class left to reveal which would most likely be the gunslinger, if its only considered a modified ver. of the BM then I'd say the next 2 would be Gunslinger and a Kun exclusive class as so far the Gon have Destroyer, the Lyn have summoner, the last non generic race "Kun" are missing there one right now

User is offline   Zenek 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted Jan 06, 2013 - 6:30 AM

View PostMythicalbrit, on Jan 06, 2013 - 6:24 AM, said:

If that statements true it only leaves 1 class left to reveal which would most likely be the gunslinger, if its only considered a modified ver. of the BM then I'd say the next 2 would be Gunslinger and a Kun exclusive class as so far the Gon have Destroyer, the Lyn have summoner, the last non generic race "Kun" are missing there one right now

But Lyn have 2 exclusive classes - summoner and LBM
Gon - Destro
Kun and Jin - 0

I have hope if anything will be added, it going to be next melee, no gunner.

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted Jan 06, 2013 - 7:33 AM

View PostZenek, on Jan 06, 2013 - 6:30 AM, said:

But Lyn have 2 exclusive classes - summoner and LBM
Gon - Destro
Kun and Jin - 0

I have hope if anything will be added, it going to be next melee, no gunner.

Jins have Assassin

and we have 4 melee classes and 2 magic classes (2 and a half if you count the LBM) It kinda makes sense to have a new magic or at least ranged class, unless they're going with the idea that magic is much rarer in this universe in comparison to melee which is much less 'fantastical'

I may just be reiterating what someone else has said I'm not sure...

This post has been edited by Famfrit: Jan 06, 2013 - 7:45 AM

Posted Image

User is offline   Zenek 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted Jan 06, 2013 - 8:05 AM

View PostFamfrit, on Jan 06, 2013 - 7:33 AM, said:

Jins have Assassin

and we have 4 melee classes and 2 magic classes (2 and a half if you count the LBM) It kinda makes sense to have a new magic or at least ranged class, unless they're going with the idea that magic is much rarer in this universe in comparison to melee which is much less 'fantastical'

I may just be reiterating what someone else has said I'm not sure...

Do I'm wrong or Kun can make assassin as well?

So... in material arts based game I expect gameplay focused on melee combat, not range.

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted Jan 06, 2013 - 8:57 AM

Do I'm wrong or Kun can make assassin as well?

No, Kuns can only be FM and BM

So... in material arts based game I expect gameplay focused on melee combat, not range.

That's a good point, I hadn't thought of that. :big_smile:

This post has been edited by Famfrit: Jan 06, 2013 - 8:58 AM

Posted Image

User is offline   Shinsetsu 

• Dojo Sensei
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted Jan 06, 2013 - 9:30 AM

Having 2/8 classes be ranged wouldn't make it focused on ranged. There is FM, I think the game could use one more ranged class, though I'm not sure I like the idea of bringing a guns into the setting, there are already gun-totting NPCs so that ship has sailed.
Posted Image

User is offline   Zenek 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted Jan 06, 2013 - 11:06 AM

View PostShinsetsu, on Jan 06, 2013 - 9:30 AM, said:

Having 2/8 classes be ranged wouldn't make it focused on ranged. There is FM, I think the game could use one more ranged class, though I'm not sure I like the idea of bringing a guns into the setting, there are already gun-totting NPCs so that ship has sailed.

Tera had 2 range DPS on 8 classes. Everyone cry on slayers, warriors. But every group PvP still was only between sorcs, archers and lancer. Every melee died almost instantly after come close to first line...
www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuaROtts3W8 - completely lack of melee combat, just 2 separate groups and spammed area by range classes between them.

Are you realy want see something like this in game what was supossed to be material art based? Where will be placed for Kung-fu, swords etc.?

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted Jan 06, 2013 - 11:27 AM

View PostZenek, on Jan 06, 2013 - 11:06 AM, said:

Tera had 2 range DPS on 8 classes. Everyone cry on slayers, warriors. But every group PvP still was only between sorcs, archers and lancer. Every melee died almost instantly after come close to first line...
www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuaROtts3W8 - completely lack of melee combat, just 2 separate groups and spammed area by range classes between them.

Are you realy want see something like this in game what was supossed to be material art based? Where will be placed for Kung-fu, swords etc.?

I imagine it's more down to how well the game is balanced and which classes people prefer, how many people have you seen on this forum that want to play FM compared to KFM? Hardly any.

And Blade and Soul is an Eastern Fantasy MMO, I'm pretty sure that encompasses both the physical side and spiritual side of Martial Arts.

This post has been edited by Famfrit: Jan 06, 2013 - 11:31 AM

Posted Image

User is offline   Shinsetsu 

• Dojo Sensei
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted Jan 06, 2013 - 11:43 AM

Not sure why you even bothered posting that video like it proves anything. The video is way zoomed out and sped up so you can't even really see what's going on. Of course you'd think its all AOEs because that's the only thing you can see.

I played Tera for quite some time and I can tell you that besides the lock on spell, Sorcs were not a huge threat in PvP. And archers? HA. The biggest OP class in PvP in Tera was Priest. With PvP reduction gear, they are pretty much unkillable. Did you even play Tera?

Anyway, I digress. Having 2 ranged classes in an MMO isn't going to upset any balance.
Posted Image

User is offline   Zenek 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted Jan 06, 2013 - 12:05 PM

AoE you saw, and beside AoE and range skills there was nothing. And it happening in every MMO where on group PvP is too much range DPS. If in this game will be too much range characters in group PvP = whole theme of material arts will be destroyed.

User is offline   Kryscent 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationMalaysia
  • Character:Kryscent
  • Guild:Descendants

Posted Jan 06, 2013 - 12:08 PM

View PostZenek, on Jan 06, 2013 - 12:05 PM, said:

AoE you saw, and beside AoE and range skills there was nothing. And it happening in every MMO where on group PvP is too much range DPS. If in this game will be too much range characters in group PvP = whole theme of material arts will be destroyed.

It won't only be range DPS in a group PvP, there will be equally melee and range accordingly, don't worry. I've been through this, seen it myself, experienced it. It's wonderful.
Posted Image
Please do PM me or post in my support thread here if you got any kinds of problem about China Blade and Soul / Translation

User is offline   Zenek 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted Jan 06, 2013 - 12:15 PM

View PostKryscent, on Jan 06, 2013 - 12:08 PM, said:

It won't only be range DPS in a group PvP, there will be equally melee and range accordingly, don't worry. I've been through this, seen it myself, experienced it. It's wonderful.

If you experienced it, it means on current KR server. If gunner class will be added it means it going to be ~2x more range DPS. Far different than right now.

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users