• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • LocationIn my Library
  • Character:Clockwork
  • Race:Lyn
  • Class:Force Master
  • Guild:Slayers' Tower

Posted Dec 20, 2011 - 1:53 AM

For those who don't know what World of Darkness is (WoD for short) It is a Pencil/Paper MMO set in modern time but with everything that goes bump in the night hiding in the shadows.

Vampire, Werewolf, Changelings, Demons, almost anything in modern time comes to life. As you choose your fate how to handle the situation.weather you take arms agenist the evil, exorcise the ghosts from the haunted house next door, Make love to your girlfriend only to be turned into a vampire/have to kill her because she wants your blood.

Even though the official story line has officially ended the game still goes on.

Spoiler

With CCP and White Wolf combining they decide to keep the train rolling with a MMO.

Info----------

http://www.wodnews.n...rade-Notes.aspx

^^ ideas from when they first started the game. What they wanted to accomplish and how they wanted the game to feel.

Although the game still has a TBA date they had there eye on 2012 or little later.

http://www.ccpgames....he-eve-universe

^^Sadly CCP wants to stay keep there baby running fast and hard they cut the team up.

http://massively.joy...the-masquerade/

^^ For those who have read/played the Vampire: The Masquerade book that is the setting they want to go for.

---------

Next to Blade and Soul this game is a very very very close 2nd on my hype meter and I for one can't wait to see more info about this game and see how it progresses.

EvE Online was a Slam dunk IMO. The learning curve is huge.....

Posted Image

HUGE But once you get into it you can't stop and I hope they keep this mentaliy so that WoD MMO will be a slam dunk as well.

This post has been edited by Garzel: Dec 20, 2011 - 1:54 AM

Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat”- Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Posted Image
'Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories." - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

User is offline   Dormin 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationCanada...Eh
  • Character:Dormin
  • Race:Gon
  • Class:Destroyer

Posted Dec 20, 2011 - 4:08 AM

I read about this MMO a long time ago... Once I learned that it was going to be console only and not PC I lost interest :pokeeyesout:
Posted Image
I Must Break You. xX{CLICK ME}Xx
Dormin.

User is offline   Garzel 

• The Dragon Artificer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationIn my Library

Posted Dec 20, 2011 - 9:39 AM

What? Where dis you hear this? Maby PC an console but not console only
Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat”- Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Posted Image
'Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories." - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

User is offline   Garzel 

• The Dragon Artificer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationIn my Library

Posted Apr 03, 2012 - 12:35 PM

I am resurecting this thread with new info.

http://penny-arcade....cities-and-huma

This is the jist of what people can expect. If you have played EvE, Love non Twilight vampires, and you like polities, subterfuge, and violence you will love this game.

I cannot put into words the amount of want I have for this game. I know I am going to be dissapointed that this game isn't going to be the king of MMO's or it isn't going to live up to my expectations.

But if CCP is doing to this game what they are doing to EVE mechanic wise and such........This could be my Blade and Soul killer right here I am sorry to say.
Posted Image

User is offline   Valadhiel 

• Dojo Sensei
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationMaryland, USA
  • Race:Jin

Posted Apr 03, 2012 - 2:10 PM

Permadeath .... ? :oops:

User is offline   Zyrusticae 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Character:Aiza
  • Class:Blade Master
  • Guild:NFA

Posted Apr 03, 2012 - 3:12 PM

I'm surprised you didn't post these.

Avid supporter of the Zeitgeist Movement.

User is offline   Tashigi 

• Optimized
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Class:Undecided

Posted Apr 03, 2012 - 3:17 PM

You are dead.
Click here to uninstall the game and start anew.

• Dojo Sensei
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted Apr 03, 2012 - 5:24 PM

You don't actually have to uninstall the game and start over ... do you? Can't you just ... make a new character?? :oops:

User is offline   BLöDSKääL 

• Dojo Sensei
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Character:BLoDSKaaL
  • Class:Assassin

Posted Apr 03, 2012 - 8:52 PM

Posted Image
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There is no law and order,
never is there equality to be found,
for love, we kill,
for murder, we die,
for death, we moan,
so why for sorrow, we love?

User is offline   Garzel 

• The Dragon Artificer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationIn my Library

Posted Apr 03, 2012 - 10:09 PM

I don't think the permadeath is going to stick fully. I mean in EVE when you die everything you are carrying drops for anyone to grab and you start back up with a level 1 ship and your skill points are knocked back down to your clones skill level (which you can upgrade so you don't have to start back so far)

I mean a absolute permadeath is just....Damn. But you know even if they did decided to keep it it wouldn't affect me that much. Just makes sure you always bring your a game, a dictionary, and all the charisma you have.
Posted Image

User is offline   Zyrusticae 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Character:Aiza
  • Class:Blade Master
  • Guild:NFA

Posted Apr 03, 2012 - 10:38 PM

Thing is, only Princes are said to have the ability to cause permadeath - and it's not a power that is to be wielded lightly. Abusers of said power are likely to meet swift and deadly repercussions... likely at the hands of another prince who has the support of those discarded by the abuser.
Avid supporter of the Zeitgeist Movement.

User is offline   Garzel 

• The Dragon Artificer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationIn my Library

Posted Apr 04, 2012 - 12:12 AM

Oh there are going to be wars.....bloody bloody wars.

And me and my friends are going to hold a place in the city. We don't look to take role as princes. We want our own territory a piece of the pie if you will. And if anyone challenges us we will crush them.

But...we are not savages. Agreements and bonds can be made if it suits are wills and needs.

This post has been edited by Garzel: Apr 04, 2012 - 12:18 AM

Posted Image

• Dojo Sensei
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted Apr 04, 2012 - 2:36 PM

I will watch this one ....... like all the other MMOs I'm watching.

User is offline   Garzel 

• The Dragon Artificer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationIn my Library

Posted Apr 05, 2012 - 10:57 AM

If the Prince has half half a brain he will only permakill trolls and troublemakers. AKA the ones he knows he can get away with and people will love him for it.

The only problem is there is a contradiction in of the system. In EVE is legal to pirate(hold people for ransom, kill people because you can, and hold people up for there cargo) committing fraud, stealing from corps(guilds clan ect ect)

These are all in the game and they allow you to do it. You won't make many friends doing this and you will most likely be hated.

People can put bounties out on other people with a attached prize to it so if people want to risk it they can try to get you.

The Prince pretty much undermines the risk and cause to do this because if you decided to do this they can get have you gone and no one will care. There is no risk reward...just permadeath.

There is a group in the lore called the Sabot. They are agenist the Camerilla or "good vampires" if you will. The Sabot like to raise hell and and do bad things to anyone. If they Prince can go "nope you die" "nope you die" and people are fine with that because it helps keep then safe and there blood(IIRC the currency of the game) secure then there is no incentive to play the other side.

The only way I can see this is if you can fight off or have some kind of threshold before you can be marked for death. Like breaking the Masquerade(the code of securcy to keep vampires and other beings secret) one to many times.

This post has been edited by Garzel: Apr 05, 2012 - 11:07 AM

Posted Image

User is offline   Garzel 

• The Dragon Artificer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationIn my Library

Posted Apr 15, 2014 - 3:38 AM

http://www.ign.com/a...of-darkness-mmo

I....I had no works to speak when I read this. This was pretty much the ONLY MMO I had any sort of hype for in the coming years. More then if Blade and Soul got localized. More then World of Dranor the WoW expansion. More then if Arena net announced they were adding more real content to Guild Wars 2.

This is a dark day. The day the 1 MMO that alot of people I know and lot of fans for CCP's EVE Online and just fans of the World of Darkness games and PnP died.

And the 1 reason they did this is clear as day. They wanted to make sure that there 10+ year old MMO that has a growing player retention kept its heart beating even when everyone knows that it can keep itself alive.

All the employees from White Wolf they hired are now without work, The YEARS put into the engine they showed little bits of at there convention and now just shelved.

Some people think they just don't want another DUST514. A FPS that was suppose to tie into the EVE Online where it sits with barly a playerbase and the link between the game is so small most to all people who do not participate in Faction warfare don't even know it exists.

I have lost all willingness to believe in this developer anymore. The fact that they are so tied to 1 game. 1 game that yes had made them who they are today. But they have messed up. More then once before in there own game and it almost cost them dearly. The fact that they can not branch out and use the people and resources they themselves created to make something different in the MMO scene shows they are truly a 1 trick pony.

Even today when I see some of the things they are adding to EVE Online I don't see how many more ideas they have when there latest big thing are "Cash shop Ship skins".

I hope they rethink what they are doing. I really hope they do
Posted Image

User is offline   Rushiera 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Location网通一区, 咆哮寺院
  • Race:Kun

Posted Apr 15, 2014 - 4:15 AM

there is no "rethinking" employees were laid off, its gone now ....

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users