Blade & Soul Dojo: MALE Characters - FEEDBACK (women & men plz) - Blade & Soul Dojo

• 8 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MALE Characters - FEEDBACK (women & men plz) Hyung Tae Kim suggested it so let's make it happen :D

Poll: Suggestions~ you can pick MORE than one answer (102 member(s) have cast votes)

For a Male game CHARACTER to be very attractive, his "appearance" should be...

1. very MASCULINE with an attitude and rippling MUSCLES (22 votes [4.88%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.88%

2. FEMININE. the most popular ones are all "pretty boys". (it is true.) (20 votes [4.43%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.43%

3. show lots of SKIN! >O if women can do it, you can too (18 votes [3.99%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.99%

4. TOUGH. (a.k.a. "badass". Excuse my language..) (54 votes [11.97%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.97%

5. PRINCELY. He should look like a prince. Or maybe a king? (18 votes [3.99%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.99%

6. CHARM & CHARISMA. He knows he got it because he does (36 votes [7.98%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.98%

7. SEXY. He's "physically" very attractive. *points at #3* (36 votes [7.98%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.98%

8. CUTE. ADORABLE. Girls want to hug him. <3 (20 votes [4.43%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.43%

9. MATURE. (big brother type? nii-san? oppa? hyung?) (34 votes [7.54%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.54%

10. HEROIC. (he looks strong and noble. can always save the day) (38 votes [8.43%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.43%

11. FUNNY. (when i see him i'll laugh...) (13 votes [2.88%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.88%

12. UNIQUE. (i can recognize him a mile away.) (32 votes [7.10%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.10%

13. ENIGMATIC. MYSTERIOUS. Seeing him makes you curious, (43 votes [9.53%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.53%

14. NEAT with GOOD POSTURE. He looks so REFINED. (27 votes [5.99%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.99%

15. SLOPPY with BAD POSTURE. Just like L (Death Note) (8 votes [1.77%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.77%

16. COOL & INTELLECTUAL. (Detective Conan mwahahaha) (29 votes [6.43%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.43%

17. OTHER. Leave a comment of what attractive assets male game characters usually have or should have. (3 votes [0.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.67%

FOR MALES: What features do you look forward to for your character's appearance in the character creation stage?

1. INDIVIDUALITY. The chance to stand out and be noticed. (65 votes [20.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.57%

2. VARIETY. many kinds of "styles" for men as there are women. (49 votes [15.51%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.51%

3. ROLE MODEL. The chance to be similar to my favorite anime , manga/manhwa, & game characters. (26 votes [8.23%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.23%

4. POPULARITY towards MEN. Other male players will want to be like me. HAHAHA~ (17 votes [5.38%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.38%

5. POPULARITY towards WOMEN. Female players will find me very attractive. Free hugs <3 (32 votes [10.13%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.13%

6. SIMILARITY. The chance to design a character that's similar to me or similar to my interests: punk, goth, elegant, intellectual, chuck norris, etc. (21 votes [6.65%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.65%

7. INTIMIDATION. The ability to intimidate and scare others with my appearance. (28 votes [8.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.86%

8. COMEDY. The ability to make people laugh at my appearance. (9 votes [2.85%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.85%

9. CUTENESS. The ability to make people want to take care of me. *is spoiled* (17 votes [5.38%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.38%

10. HEROISM, STRENGTH, & SECURITY. The ability to make people trust & depend on me. (52 votes [16.46%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.46%

FOR BOTH GENDERS: Pick some male game characters that you find very attractive OR would want to be like from this list.

1. Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy 7) (44 votes [14.19%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.19%

2. Noctis Lucis Caelum (Final Fantasy Versus XIII) (28 votes [9.03%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.03%

3. Arumat P. Thanatos (Star Ocean the Last Hope) (3 votes [0.97%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.97%

4. Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden) (24 votes [7.74%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.74%

5. Leon S. Kennedy (Resident Evil 4) (16 votes [5.16%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.16%

6. Isaac Clarke (Dead Space series) (2 votes [0.65%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.65%

7. Snake (Metal Gear Solid series) (24 votes [7.74%] - View)

8. Raiden (Metal Gear Solid series) (26 votes [8.39%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.39%

9. Protagonist (Shin Megami Tensei Persona 4) (6 votes [1.94%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.94%

10. Dante (Devil May Cry series) (59 votes [19.03%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 19.03%

11. Link (Legend of Zelda series) (24 votes [7.74%] - View)

12. James Sunderland (Silent Hill 2) (2 votes [0.65%] - View)

13. Allegretto (Eternal Sonata) (10 votes [3.23%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.23%

14. Albel Nox (Star Ocean til the End of Time) (7 votes [2.26%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.26%

15. Beat (Eternal Sonata) (7 votes [2.26%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.26%

16. Edge Maverick (Star Ocean the Last Hope) (1 votes [0.32%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.32%

17. Faize Sheifa Beleth (Star Ocean the Last Hope) (2 votes [0.65%] - View)

18. Protagonist (Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 FES) (8 votes [2.58%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.58%

19. Harry Mason (Silent Hill) (5 votes [1.61%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.61%

20. Frédéric François Chopin (Eternal Sonata) (12 votes [3.87%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.87%

Vote Guests cannot vote

User is offline   Mavorpen 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Character:Mavorpen
  • Race:Gon
  • Class:Kung-Fu Master

Posted Jun 21, 2012 - 12:18 AM

Personally I just think the issue is as he said, the males are too plain and stereotypical IMO. For the Jin, I can't see them looking "badass" and that needs to be changed. The Gon fit that, but at the same time I can't find them sexy personally. So they must find a balance for that for the two races.

User is offline   CH Falconner 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Race:Kun
  • Class:Force Master

Posted Jun 21, 2012 - 6:07 PM

IMO, the problem with male characters is the way the sexual dimorphism is portrayed.

Gon and Jin have a serious issues with the proportion of the torso. They have long abs with really small pecs.

Posted Image

If they expanded the pec muscles to the half of the highest pack, or even 2/3 of it, they would look better, and considering the style of HTK, I believe that a 6 pack would look better than a 8 pack. They look disproportional bare torso but really look good with the outfits.

User is offline   Kaiye 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • LocationIn a forest!
  • Character:Kaiye
  • Race:Jin
  • Class:Blade Master

Posted Jul 16, 2012 - 1:33 AM

I think a Heroic, badass/tough, yet also sexy look is the way to go with a soft side of course. I also agree to some extent to what falconner has said above. I also like the modek that A–Aie has shown us, its what some people are looking for, not all, just some. ^^

User is offline   LilLyn17 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • LocationItaly
  • Character:LPThor
  • Race:Lyn
  • Guild:Erotica

Posted Aug 22, 2012 - 4:44 AM

First, i'd like to thank A-Aie for the awesome post *clap clap*......ye, the male character's always been a big issue in any game (always felt disappointed about this).
Talking about "attractive males", well....i'm a guy as well, but to get the attention of a woman (imho), you need to look mysterious, reserved (not talking much), but able to be very charismatic in the few moments you'll show your personality( the eyes and the hair are the most important part to achieve that).....about the body: not to "small", but neither too "heavy".....just an average build male, but with enough strenght to protect who's around him. (remember, he has to have some weakness, don't have to be like a "superhero")

Now i can't think of many characters that follow this line, but i think these should be fine

Snake Eater from MGS3

Spoiler

Spoiler

And a Fairy Tail's character, Mystogan

Spoiler

Spoiler

So, as you can see, i think male characters in video games should have a lot of accessories, like women (especially for the face, like eye patches, hats, scarves ecc...) :yes:
"In a way you can learn everything you need to know from watching it as a kid, like, always play nice...always try your hardest....
and even, it's ok to cry"
Posted Image

User is offline   BloodJoker 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationLos Angeles
  • Character:BloodJoker
  • Guild:Slayers Tower

Posted Aug 23, 2012 - 2:59 PM

I have to agree with Falconner too they made the chest for the males all wrong, i wondered why they didn't look as intimidating as other male chars in other games and now i see why. I still think though that if they had customization like perfect world did guys wouldn't have to resort to playing girls just cuz they look better.
No mercy for the weak, No pity for the dying, No tears for the slain
Posted Image
In the midst of the Empire stand the most powerful symbol of strength known to the entire region, Slayers Tower.
Signature By: Blue Sky 900

User is offline   Daigo 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Class:Undecided

Posted Jan 28, 2013 - 1:23 PM

It's NCsoft, all guys are gonna look like chicks anyways. But if I can help it I'm gonna rock a goatee so I don't look like a B. :3
h a l f m a n , h a l f a m a z i n g

User is offline   Mythicalbrit 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Class:Kung-Fu Master

Posted Jan 30, 2013 - 9:20 PM

I have read through this thread as the idea of it really interested me and personally, I have to say I feel like the original Gon/Jin look perfectly fine with tweaking you can make a character you feel could be a badass/tough/good looking. I would dislike if they tried to make them look "sexier/cuter" I feel like its a important aspect needed to add to them I feel like making them sexier/cuter would just make them less masculine making the females just that much more appealing to play as because if your guy is going to basically be a woman why not just play one and actually have something to look at.

PS. about the Korean/Chinese/Jpop images at the start I feel like if thats what they aimed to make them look like, you might as well cut the males from the game because I honestly couldnt tell if they were all men.

User is offline   Yuri. 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Race:Undecided

Posted Feb 04, 2013 - 7:04 PM

For me don't matter if the char is cute, strong, well designed or what.
It may be deformed or make strange movements.

The only thing it's need is be cool! Something like this guy:

Posted Image

Posted Image
Sorry for my bad english!

User is offline   Wtfownedu 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip

Posted Feb 05, 2013 - 4:50 PM

Lol this is so wrong on many levels. These pics would work if you want the female population to play guys but no guys would want to play a bunch of kpop stars. If you want males to play males think anime. Like itachi, yami marik, pain, ulquiorra etc. more anime like male whle still not completely feminine will definitely get guys playng guys but until then i will stick to my oversexualized female toon

User is offline   Mickey 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Character:Mickey
  • Guild:Thieves Den

Posted Feb 05, 2013 - 5:01 PM

Well good point but I thought these races where suppose to be human like. I'd like to see ninja masked characters or characters with odd painted faces. I do like the tats on the faces though.
Posted Image
E-Vel Mickey<-- I'M SO FLUFFY I'M GONNA DIE

User is offline   Yuri. 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Race:Undecided

Posted Feb 05, 2013 - 6:48 PM

View PostWtfownedu, on Feb 05, 2013 - 4:50 PM, said:

Lol this is so wrong on many levels. These pics would work if you want the female population to play guys but no guys would want to play a bunch of kpop stars. If you want males to play males think anime. Like itachi, yami marik, pain, ulquiorra etc. more anime like male whle still not completely feminine will definitely get guys playng guys but until then i will stick to my oversexualized female toon

I agree.

The most girls that play MMOs usually prefer play with beautiful womans. I don't think that the most of them will really play with an oriental model/singer guy.

And for the mens, in the most we would prefer the be a cool guys like of the animes and action games.
Sorry for my bad english!

Share this topic:

• 8 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users