Blade & Soul Dojo: Tera Online - Blade & Soul Dojo

Jump to content

  • 154 Pages +
  • « First
  • 95
  • 96
  • 97
  • 98
  • 99
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Tera Online If you're interested. Rate Topic: ****- 8 Votes

#1921
User is offline   Shinsetsu 

  • Void Codex
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1525
  • Joined: Feb 10, 2011
  • Character:キズミラ
  • Race:Lyn
  • Class:Blade Master
  • Guild:引きこもりNATION

Posted Feb 19, 2012 - 3:41 PM

View PostBLöDSKääL, on Feb 19, 2012 - 1:07 PM, said:

in anycase people, the next beta is in less than a week, i want us all to be on the same server so we can party and form guild, so we Own. i got chars on both servers... so lets decide which one we are staying on


PandaSushii already made a guild (Bubble Tea) on Serpentis Isle. I'm in it and I'm gonna stay on that server since that is where my main is.

View PostShinaji, on Feb 19, 2012 - 2:27 PM, said:

Ok people seem to be complaining about "root animations." You know when you are held in place while casting. (Though I think that' a necessity for giving melee a chance to catch a ranged char.)
Also complaints about the quests and the story just being very bad and the quest being way too repetitive. (I think the whole SWTOR and GW2 Personal story thing might be the cause of this.)
I think those two were the biggest whines I've heard. Saying it doesn't feel as action based as Dragon's Nest or Vindictus.
Thoughts players?



People will always complain about root animations. They are necessary for balance, I don't see why people can't seem to understand that. As far as quests and story goes, I agree and I expected as much. If you want a game with in depth story and unique quests, TERA isn't for you. Simple as that. Personally, so far, because of the true action style gameplay, I don't really mind the repetitive quests. Again, its not for everyone. I suggest people try and it see what they like.
Posted Image
0

#1922
User is offline   Arec 

  • 멋대로인
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1387
  • Joined: Apr 14, 2010
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Character:Arec
  • Race:Lyn
  • Class:Undecided
  • Guild:Thieves Den

Posted Feb 19, 2012 - 4:23 PM

View PostShinsetsu, on Feb 19, 2012 - 3:41 PM, said:

PandaSushii already made a guild (Bubble Tea) on Serpentis Isle. I'm in it and I'm gonna stay on that server since that is where my main is.



People will always complain about root animations. They are necessary for balance, I don't see why people can't seem to understand that. As far as quests and story goes, I agree and I expected as much. If you want a game with in depth story and unique quests, TERA isn't for you. Simple as that. Personally, so far, because of the true action style gameplay, I don't really mind the repetitive quests. Again, its not for everyone. I suggest people try and it see what they like.

they did say that theyre revamping lv1-40 quests in the patch that raises the cap from 58 to 60


PANDASUSHII SIGN ON SKYPE OR I CUTT YOU WITH SHARP SPOON
Live Streamer at ArecArws LIVE STREAM!
Watch BnS Videos at MYYOUTUBE CHANNEL!
0

#1923
User is offline   PandaSushii 

  • Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 214
  • Joined: Jun 05, 2011
  • LocationUnder Your Bed! jejeje~
  • Character:PandaSushii
  • Race:Lyn
  • Class:Summoner
  • Guild:☺Lotus☺

Posted Feb 19, 2012 - 4:53 PM

lol!
Posted Image
0

#1924
User is offline   Lyari 

  • Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 359
  • Joined: Nov 27, 2010
  • LocationIn a Castle among the Clouds
  • Character:Lyari
  • Race:Lyn
  • Class:Undecided
  • Guild:7 Sages

Posted Feb 19, 2012 - 5:41 PM

Dragon Nest's archer feels more dynamic definitely. I didn't play higher levels of archers, but I felt very restricted in terms of movement in the beginning.. :(
0

#1925
User is offline   Tashigi 

  • Optimized
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4917
  • Joined: Oct 31, 2010
  • Class:Undecided

Posted Feb 19, 2012 - 8:19 PM

View PostShinaji, on Feb 19, 2012 - 2:27 PM, said:

Ok people seem to be complaining about "root animations." You know when you are held in place while casting. (Though I think that' a necessity for giving melee a chance to catch a ranged char.)
Also complaints about the quests and the story just being very bad and the quest being way too repetitive. (I think the whole SWTOR and GW2 Personal story thing might be the cause of this.)
I think those two were the biggest whines I've heard. Saying it doesn't feel as action based as Dragon's Nest or Vindictus.
Thoughts players?


Vindictus and Dragon's Nest were the poor man's Tera (And B&S to some extend). Thought I'd start there.
You'll get to see what I mean in a few days or so.

I don't know about the root animation thing. I know you get slowed in some cases but the slow down in animation is to be expected.
I don't see anything wrong with it. It resembles the slow motion you get in WOW when you slowed or dazed.

The story isn't bad, I don't think this is the problem. The quests are not bad either. They're just there to help you grind while removing the thoughts of "grinding" while you do it.
The problem lies in two other, more to the root problems.

1) Lore.
The lore of the game is extremely short and while it may expand for thousands of years, it's very bland.
Literally put, you are part of the dream of two Titans. That's it.
There is no awesome events or characters in-between or anything else worth noting or discussing, unlike things found in the WOW universe or the FFXI universe or hell, anything interesting.

2) Voice acting and unfolding of events.
The voice acting has a HUGE impact on the story. It defines the story literally, since the lore is so weak. Unfortunately, this is another of Tera's weaknesses. The voice acting is terrible.
The events also unfold in a fast paced, incomprehensible manner in many cases.
You are left with a "Huh" or "Wha?" question mark on your head quite often.
Combine this with poor voice acting that's out of lip-sync and you have quite a mess.
Out of all of the main quests (Not the regular, grinding quests. I mean the main, big quests tied to the story line, marked as red in the game), I've found maybe two NPC or characters that had voice acting that actually tied to their character and the story. They showed feelings of understanding and could actually express a sense of eagerness to get involved with future events, much like you see in JRPG type of games.

All in all, Tera needs a lot of help in the story department.
While the story itself it's OK and decent, it needs development and more content. It just feels bland in many cases.
The voice acting is lackluster, too and just plain boring. Were these people being paid to voice act? That's the first thing that came to my mind.

That aside, the game has huge potential.
If En Masse can harness the game's true potential and bandaid the issues encountered in the Korean counter part, this can be a great game.

Naturally, this is just my opinion.
There is many little things I could go into, mostly mechanics, but that'd be nitpicking :embarrassed:

This post has been edited by 回し蹴り ★: Feb 19, 2012 - 8:21 PM

0

#1926
User is offline   Shinaji 

  • Emperor of Lightning ( 雷帝 뇌제 )
  • View gallery
  • Group: Global Moderator
  • Posts: 4927
  • Joined: Jun 27, 2010
  • LocationJamaica
  • Character:Something Cool
  • Race:Jin
  • Class:Assassin
  • Guild:Slayers' Tower

Posted Feb 19, 2012 - 8:40 PM

View Post回し蹴り ★, on Feb 19, 2012 - 8:19 PM, said:

There is many little things I could go into, mostly mechanics, but that'd be nitpicking :embarrassed:

That's your only talent. :smooth:

When I said root animations I meant character being forced to stand still while casting (Which I think is needed), not sure if that's what you meant.
Well they were talking about the combat of Vin and DN compared to TERA.

Either way I still think they are blowing some things out of proportion, just wanted to know what you folks think, the ones not busy humping SWTOR's leg.

0

#1927
User is offline   Tashigi 

  • Optimized
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4917
  • Joined: Oct 31, 2010
  • Class:Undecided

Posted Feb 19, 2012 - 9:01 PM

You have to glyph some spells to be able to move-while-casting.
The same applies to archers. Some of their "charge" attacks require being standing still and it'll knock you back after you cast it (You can use the knock back to your advantage, use it like a dodge move to avoid attacks).
And yeah, people will blow stuff out of proportion. Even my comment above kinda does. I am pretty sure the story and voice acting is just fine to some people. But it isn't to me.
0

#1928
User is online   Zyrusticae 

  • Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 726
  • Joined: Jul 15, 2010
  • Character:ラィザ
  • Race:Lyn
  • Class:Blade Master

Posted Feb 19, 2012 - 10:15 PM

Thankfully, voice-acting can be replaced by the (generally superior) Japanese versions or the Korean originals. But I already knew the story would not be something to write home about, it's something the devs stuck in there because they needed one, not because they wanted it to be a focus of the game...
Avid supporter of the Zeitgeist Movement.
0

#1929
User is offline   kingdomsqueen 

  • Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 407
  • Joined: Sep 12, 2011
  • Character:Anosi
  • Race:Jin
  • Class:Assassin

Posted Feb 19, 2012 - 11:24 PM

View Post回し蹴り ★, on Feb 19, 2012 - 8:19 PM, said:

Vindictus and Dragon's Nest were the poor man's Tera (And B&S to some extend). Thought I'd start there.
You'll get to see what I mean in a few days or so.

I don't know about the root animation thing. I know you get slowed in some cases but the slow down in animation is to be expected.
I don't see anything wrong with it. It resembles the slow motion you get in WOW when you slowed or dazed.

The story isn't bad, I don't think this is the problem. The quests are not bad either. They're just there to help you grind while removing the thoughts of "grinding" while you do it.
The problem lies in two other, more to the root problems.

1) Lore.
The lore of the game is extremely short and while it may expand for thousands of years, it's very bland.
Literally put, you are part of the dream of two Titans. That's it.
There is no awesome events or characters in-between or anything else worth noting or discussing, unlike things found in the WOW universe or the FFXI universe or hell, anything interesting.

2) Voice acting and unfolding of events.
The voice acting has a HUGE impact on the story. It defines the story literally, since the lore is so weak. Unfortunately, this is another of Tera's weaknesses. The voice acting is terrible.
The events also unfold in a fast paced, incomprehensible manner in many cases.
You are left with a "Huh" or "Wha?" question mark on your head quite often.
Combine this with poor voice acting that's out of lip-sync and you have quite a mess.
Out of all of the main quests (Not the regular, grinding quests. I mean the main, big quests tied to the story line, marked as red in the game), I've found maybe two NPC or characters that had voice acting that actually tied to their character and the story. They showed feelings of understanding and could actually express a sense of eagerness to get involved with future events, much like you see in JRPG type of games.

All in all, Tera needs a lot of help in the story department.
While the story itself it's OK and decent, it needs development and more content. It just feels bland in many cases.
The voice acting is lackluster, too and just plain boring. Were these people being paid to voice act? That's the first thing that came to my mind.

That aside, the game has huge potential.
If En Masse can harness the game's true potential and bandaid the issues encountered in the Korean counter part, this can be a great game.

Naturally, this is just my opinion.
There is many little things I could go into, mostly mechanics, but that'd be nitpicking :embarrassed:


Not all voice acting is meant ot be perfect you know at least we have a english dub i wish you guys could apreciate the hard work they put into that also sure it sucks but the voices could get better over time it takes time, experience, and years to get better after all.

View PostZyrusticae, on Feb 19, 2012 - 10:15 PM, said:

Thankfully, voice-acting can be replaced by the (generally superior) Japanese versions or the Korean originals. But I already knew the story would not be something to write home about, it's something the devs stuck in there because they needed one, not because they wanted it to be a focus of the game...


Not even japanese voice acting is perfect either no voice acting is perfect no matter what langue it's in.
0

#1930
User is offline   Shinaji 

  • Emperor of Lightning ( 雷帝 뇌제 )
  • View gallery
  • Group: Global Moderator
  • Posts: 4927
  • Joined: Jun 27, 2010
  • LocationJamaica
  • Character:Something Cool
  • Race:Jin
  • Class:Assassin
  • Guild:Slayers' Tower

Posted Feb 19, 2012 - 11:34 PM

View Postkingdomsqueen, on Feb 19, 2012 - 11:22 PM, said:

Not all voice acting is meant ot be perfect you know at least we have a english dub i wish you guys could apreciate the hard work they put into that also sure it sucks but the voices could get better over time it takes time, experience, and years to get better after all.

No no no. Voice Acting is SUPPOSED to be good. It is important as bad acting can ruing a gaming experience.
It's not like content where it starts small and they add more as the years go by, it's supposed to be good right off the bad.
It's good that you're considerate of certain things but there are something that require a certain level of polish and shouldn't be considered "fixable later".

0

#1931
User is offline   kingdomsqueen 

  • Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 407
  • Joined: Sep 12, 2011
  • Character:Anosi
  • Race:Jin
  • Class:Assassin

Posted Feb 19, 2012 - 11:39 PM

View PostShinaji, on Feb 19, 2012 - 11:34 PM, said:

No no no. Voice Acting is SUPPOSED to be good. It is important as bad acting can ruing a gaming experience.
It's not like content where it starts small and they add more as the years go by, it's supposed to be good right off the bad.
It's good that you're considerate of certain things but there are something that require a certain level of polish and shouldn't be considered "fixable later".



Okay if YOU were in charge of the voice actors of tera then what voice actors would you get?
0

#1932
User is offline   Shinsetsu 

  • Void Codex
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1525
  • Joined: Feb 10, 2011
  • Character:キズミラ
  • Race:Lyn
  • Class:Blade Master
  • Guild:引きこもりNATION

Posted Feb 19, 2012 - 11:42 PM

From what I've seen in CBT1, the problem with the voice acting was that they picked the wrong voices for NPCs. You'd expect Elin NPCs to have little kid type voices but some of them had mature woman sounding voices and it didn't fit.
Posted Image
0

#1933
User is offline   Amaro57 

  • Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 363
  • Joined: Mar 18, 2011
  • Class:Undecided

Posted Feb 19, 2012 - 11:53 PM

View PostShinsetsu, on Feb 19, 2012 - 11:42 PM, said:

From what I've seen in CBT1, the problem with the voice acting was that they picked the wrong voices for NPCs. You'd expect Elin NPCs to have little kid type voices but some of them had mature woman sounding voices and it didn't fit.


Pretty sure I've seen that in the Blade and Soul 09 trailer as well...
0

#1934
User is offline   BLöDSKääL 

  • Dojo Sensei
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1852
  • Joined: Apr 21, 2010
  • Character:BLoDSKaaL
  • Race:Jin
  • Class:Assassin
  • Guild:Slayers' Tower

Posted Feb 20, 2012 - 12:51 AM

i wish there was CHuck Norris figure in Tera!!!
Posted Image
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There is no law and order,
never is there equality to be found,
for love, we kill,
for murder, we die,
for death, we moan,
so why for sorrow, we love?
0

#1935
User is offline   Shinaji 

  • Emperor of Lightning ( 雷帝 뇌제 )
  • View gallery
  • Group: Global Moderator
  • Posts: 4927
  • Joined: Jun 27, 2010
  • LocationJamaica
  • Character:Something Cool
  • Race:Jin
  • Class:Assassin
  • Guild:Slayers' Tower

Posted Feb 20, 2012 - 1:31 AM

View Postkingdomsqueen, on Feb 19, 2012 - 11:39 PM, said:

Okay if YOU were in charge of the voice actors of tera then what voice actors would you get?

Anyone with some talent and actual passion for the job.
They should have hired the experts.

Personally I'm getting a feeling En Masse cut budget on certain things.

0

#1936
User is offline   BLöDSKääL 

  • Dojo Sensei
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1852
  • Joined: Apr 21, 2010
  • Character:BLoDSKaaL
  • Race:Jin
  • Class:Assassin
  • Guild:Slayers' Tower

Posted Feb 20, 2012 - 3:13 AM

pretty sure they had to bro, they may get more involved in it for expansions and stuff, but they had to get mechanics and content good to go, ebcause we in the west usually skip quest text, so i think they picked the right area to not give a fuck about
Posted Image
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There is no law and order,
never is there equality to be found,
for love, we kill,
for murder, we die,
for death, we moan,
so why for sorrow, we love?
0

#1937
User is offline   Arec 

  • 멋대로인
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1387
  • Joined: Apr 14, 2010
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Character:Arec
  • Race:Lyn
  • Class:Undecided
  • Guild:Thieves Den

Posted Feb 20, 2012 - 3:16 AM

View PostShinsetsu, on Feb 19, 2012 - 11:42 PM, said:

From what I've seen in CBT1, the problem with the voice acting was that they picked the wrong voices for NPCs. You'd expect Elin NPCs to have little kid type voices but some of them had mature woman sounding voices and it didn't fit.

i personally think they sounded more like grandmothers. "Are you eating right?" or w/e?
Live Streamer at ArecArws LIVE STREAM!
Watch BnS Videos at MYYOUTUBE CHANNEL!
0

#1938
User is offline   Shinaji 

  • Emperor of Lightning ( 雷帝 뇌제 )
  • View gallery
  • Group: Global Moderator
  • Posts: 4927
  • Joined: Jun 27, 2010
  • LocationJamaica
  • Character:Something Cool
  • Race:Jin
  • Class:Assassin
  • Guild:Slayers' Tower

Posted Feb 20, 2012 - 3:32 AM

View PostBLöDSKääL, on Feb 20, 2012 - 3:13 AM, said:

pretty sure they had to bro, they may get more involved in it for expansions and stuff, but they had to get mechanics and content good to go, ebcause we in the west usually skip quest text, so i think they picked the right area to not give a fuck about

Yet it's the biggest whine I see all over the place. No, I'm pretty sure the quest text and overall lore translation was the biggest focus En Masse had for westernization. Blue Hole did the coding.
But here what I don't particularly care I just wanted to know what people were thinking here.

0

#1939
User is offline   Shinsetsu 

  • Void Codex
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1525
  • Joined: Feb 10, 2011
  • Character:キズミラ
  • Race:Lyn
  • Class:Blade Master
  • Guild:引きこもりNATION

Posted Feb 20, 2012 - 8:30 AM

View PostArec, on Feb 20, 2012 - 3:16 AM, said:

i personally think they sounded more like grandmothers. "Are you eating right?" or w/e?


Haha, that may be true as well. In any case, neither the dialogue nor the voices seem to fit the NPCs. But as Blodskaal said, I tend to skip quest text (particularly because I've done these early levels a million times already in the KR version). But I do read the campaign quest text and watch the cutscenes, so its something I noticed.
Posted Image
0

#1940
User is offline   Arec 

  • 멋대로인
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1387
  • Joined: Apr 14, 2010
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Character:Arec
  • Race:Lyn
  • Class:Undecided
  • Guild:Thieves Den

Posted Feb 20, 2012 - 3:20 PM

https://www.youtube....h?v=SdKXrs5RZsI

Ifyou skip to 1:20:00 they talk about server v server pvp. Where things called a crevice or w/e opens up like how rifts do on Aion and you can infiltrate!
Live Streamer at ArecArws LIVE STREAM!
Watch BnS Videos at MYYOUTUBE CHANNEL!
0

Share this topic:

  • 154 Pages +
  • « First
  • 95
  • 96
  • 97
  • 98
  • 99
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users