User is offline   BrandX 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
  • Race:Jin
  • Class:Assassin

Posted Dec 16, 2014 - 8:57 AM

View PostYanero, on Dec 06, 2014 - 12:04 PM, said:

Oh idk tbh, I have no knowledge of RP'ing, ERP on the other hand.
But I remember a lot of RP events on the CH forums, also the players in CH
were always more kind.

@Ruze
I know there are always bad apples but as I remembered MT/ the old VoT
was full of baddies. From experience as old VoT/MT player. But ye
as all my friends decided to quit the game I lost interest aswell in the F2P.

I witnessed a lot of mixing of in character and out of character in TERA on CH in game, never checked out the forum RP. Best MMO RPing so far (that I've seen) was in CoH (though even it had issues).

User is offline   Skyilar 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Character:Skyilar
  • Race:Yun
  • Class:Blade Master
  • Guild:None :c

Posted Dec 17, 2014 - 10:24 AM

Celestial Hills server in NA Tera is my home in tera and the guild Forbidden is one of the big guilds and they RP and the main RP attraction in CH is the Tavern located Velika near the Velika West Gate but that is the only "say" Chat Rp that can be found in CH because "say" RP gets screwed up alot in other areas of Arborea unfortunately, But other than that it is pretty good and i love PvP in Tera!
Name: Skyilar
Race: Kun
Class: Blade master

User is offline   Fresh_Prince 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Class:Undecided

Posted Jan 08, 2015 - 2:18 AM

TERA is dying fast due to the completely lackluster 'expansion' release which was only 10% of what we should've received. No hard modes, only ~2 decent new dungeons, and worst of all they ripped out almost all the older content so that people can't even go back and do that for fun/achievements/learning or whatever. Many players are taking a 'break' until a decent content drop (BGs are broken due to a queue bug that has been unfixed for over a month) happens.

Consider me a refugee from TERA but I'd rather not encourage anyone to play it right now.

Lyns remind me of how I'd want the Elins of TERA to be. Adorable/cute with outfits that reinforce that notion rather than the sexualized lolicon trash that TERA currently has. Lyn doesn't have outfits like that and that is one of the reasons BnS appealed to me. And of course the best part is the option to play as a Male Lyn if the smaller hitbox is something that I want/need for PvP.

That said, I am looking at classes and was thinking that I'd want to do tanking (or holding aggro) with the ability to tank and blocking capability.

Basically, what is the BnS equivalent of TERA's Warrior class? I was thinking Blademaster (even if dual-swords is still cooler than one blade, but meh).

This post has been edited by Fresh_Prince: Jan 08, 2015 - 2:20 AM

User is offline   Kitsune Shoujo 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip
  • Character:na
  • Race:Undecided

Posted Jan 08, 2015 - 11:42 PM

If you want blocking and stuff like that, Blademaster has it, so does KFM, but KFM needs a really good ping to china or wherever you're playing. If you want to dps like hell and aoe and stuff, Destroyer is a lot of fun.

User is offline   Shiny Silver Eevee 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Locationin your mind

Posted Apr 09, 2015 - 2:07 PM

Lake of Tears player here. It's pretty sad my server is so empty.

User is offline   Tashigi 

• Optimized
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted May 28, 2015 - 10:48 PM

Better log on to the game if you want to save your character names.
TERA is resetting unused names soon.

User is offline   Jolly 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • LocationRVK, Iceland.

Posted May 31, 2015 - 10:38 AM

Sup guys. I'm thinking about playing TERA until BaS gets released. Gonna start from scratch since it's been a while.

None of my friends play the game so I'm looking for internet strangers to talk to and play with. : D

Btw. what's with the gloomy mood in this thread? :X
Posted Image

~Give a little Grin, Make a little Smirk~

User is offline   gabbynelly 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • LocationToronto, Canada
  • Race:Gon
  • Class:Destroyer

Posted May 31, 2015 - 1:50 PM

View PostJolly, on May 31, 2015 - 10:38 AM, said:

Sup guys. I'm thinking about playing TERA until BaS gets released. Gonna start from scratch since it's been a while.

None of my friends play the game so I'm looking for internet strangers to talk to and play with. : D

Btw. what's with the gloomy mood in this thread? :X

It's a good game, very pretty with nice art. BUT SORRY don't play anymore bahahaha (got tired of it). But good luck finding a fellow tera buddy here :D !

User is offline   Aari 

• Dojo Sensei
  • Group: Global Moderator
  • Character:Aari
  • Race:Jin
  • Class:Assassin
  • Guild:Codex

Posted May 31, 2015 - 1:56 PM

I just started playing the game again for fun. Playing on the EU server Killian tho (Failforge...). But I am really enjoying diving back into its combat system.

User is offline   Zyrusticae 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Character:ラィザ
  • Race:Lyn

Posted Jun 01, 2015 - 9:48 AM

Well, I tried to get back into it since I'm STILL waiting for Heavensward and all that, but about as soon as I logged back in I remembered why I quit.

No, it wasn't because of the gameplay (though those ridiculous open world zergfests didn't help) or even because of the community...

It was because the game's character creation and customization is SHIT. Utter SHIT. Skin tone choices are heavily (and unnecessarily) limited, there's no body sliders, you can't change eye color(!?) separately from face type, hell, you can't even skin armor with other armor pieces anymore! That sort of thing totally kills my interest in a game no matter how good the core gameplay loop is. I'm just not interested in investing in a character that does not look anywhere close to how I want them to look. So sorry, but too bad, EnMasse and BlueHole. Gotta do better than that.

View PostFresh_Prince, on Jan 08, 2015 - 2:18 AM, said:

Lyns remind me of how I'd want the Elins of TERA to be. Adorable/cute with outfits that reinforce that notion rather than the sexualized lolicon trash that TERA currently has. Lyn doesn't have outfits like that and that is one of the reasons BnS appealed to me. And of course the best part is the option to play as a Male Lyn if the smaller hitbox is something that I want/need for PvP.

Well, I'd hate to break the news to you like this, but...

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Spoiler

Granted, these outfits are still less revealing than most Elin outfits, and there's only a handful of them versus like ALL of the Elin wardrobe (for cloth especially), but the Lyn most certainly do have some outfits that are meant to be appealing in that way versus just being 'cute'. (And I'm glad they do, because I happen to like these outfits more than most of the baggy-pants things that Lyn are stuck with, male or female.)

But yeah, Elin are weird. From the waist up they're covered and have the body of a prepubescent child, and then they have the hips and thighs of a... large adult woman, so I don't even know if they count as 'lolicon' pandering as much they are just... a weird mix. The intent is extremely obvious, however, so I can't blame people for getting squicked out by them.

I actually kind of liked their weirdly revealing wardrobe just because, from a certain point of view, it actually does kinda suit a race that's just not concerned about the same kind of rules of modesty and stuff that other races would be concerned with. But still... yeah, pandering. Kind of obvious, that. Hmm-hmm. Oh, well.

It seems their next MMORPG isn't going to be any more subtle about that, either, just judging from these renders. The Elin-like race does look a bit older body-wise, but face-wise... and then there's the obligatory 'just stops at the edge of the crotch' miniskirt thing they have going. Heh. Ah, BlueHole, never change...

Edit: Yes, I am aware that is an almost 5-month-old post I just responded to. Not like this thread is going anywhere anyways.

This post has been edited by Zyrusticae: Jun 01, 2015 - 9:51 AM

Avid supporter of the Zeitgeist Movement.

User is offline   Mushi 

• Dojo's Costume Showcase
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • LocationHalo's Ring
  • Character:Dad
  • Class:Force Master
  • Guild:Sakura

Posted Jun 01, 2015 - 11:51 AM

An all this time I thought your lyn was a guy *don't slap me*

Good to see some Black lyns around! *Finally >.>*
Blade&Soul Devoted Player
Posted Image

User is offline   Tashigi 

• Optimized
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted Jun 01, 2015 - 12:42 PM

I think that might have been his goal, Lol. Still one of the best looking Lyns around.
I logged on to TERA to preserve my names (Not sure why I would want to); but then logged off and deleted it again shortly after. Couldn't stand the thought of having to re-gear my characters with the systems they have in place. Although I did enjoy slash/hacking things on my Warrior as usual.

User is offline   Jolly 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • LocationRVK, Iceland.

Posted Jun 03, 2015 - 8:23 PM

Yeah that's the first thing I noticed.. Zero creative freedom for the player..

Plus there's a bug that crashes my game if the names I try aren't available : \
Posted Image

~Give a little Grin, Make a little Smirk~

User is offline   Shiny Silver Eevee 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Locationin your mind

Posted Jun 05, 2015 - 7:51 PM

The Lyns remind me so much of the Elins.
But I suppose that's what we all think.

User is offline   Deadlytea 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip
  • Character:VioletNight
  • Guild:Jenova

Posted Jun 11, 2015 - 8:53 PM

View PostShigeru, on Mar 20, 2011 - 9:14 PM, said:

TERA online just doesn't appeal to me at all. Berserker is just ridiculous if it takes u 3 secs just to get the axe out of the ground buy rights u should be dead armour in reality will only deflect blows if ur moving with it,a sword stab can punch through steel. Sword bigger then u is just lame in my opinion it looks like its made of foam not metal lol. I do archery it a good sport. seriosly no matter how powerful the bow is it will not recoil so much it makes u back roll. in fact bows actually recoil forwards the bow limb is a lot heavier then the arrow and the string. Newtons third law

Dude It's a magical game the weapon are powered by magic read the dam lure.
Posted Image

User is offline   Reyfer 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Character:Puki
  • Class:Summoner
  • Guild:The Unknowns

Posted Jun 17, 2015 - 4:39 PM

Don't you just love people that put down FANTASY VIDEOGAMES, citing lack of physics accuracy? I bet they won't like BnS, after all people GLIDE and RUN ON WATER!!!

Share this topic:

• 154 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users