• Dojo Sensei
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Members
  • Character:Aari
  • Race:Jin
  • Class:Assassin

Posted Jan 10, 2014 - 2:26 AM

Neither. Both rather disgusting. But if I had to choose one it would probably be Lyn. Not so heavily over sexulized as Lyn are.
Posted Image
Click the Picute for a Livestream with B&S and Tera in 1080p
Youtube Channel with BnS Gameplay & Guides

User is online   Yanero 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Character:Sefrion
  • Race:Kun
  • Class:Blade Master
  • Guild:Insomnia

Posted Jan 10, 2014 - 3:17 AM

View PostAari, on Jan 10, 2014 - 2:26 AM, said:

Neither. Both rather disgusting. But if I had to choose one it would probably be Lyn. Not so heavily over sexulized as Lyn are.

wowow slow down there satan. What's wrong with our cute animalish friends? o;
Posted Image
Praise the sun!

User is offline   Aari 

• Dojo Sensei
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Character:Aari
  • Class:Assassin

Posted Jan 10, 2014 - 4:41 AM

View PostYanero, on Jan 10, 2014 - 3:17 AM, said:

wowow slow down there satan. What's wrong with our cute animalish friends? o;

Nothing. I freaking love Miqo'te :love: I'm just not a friend of Child looking characters that get oversexulized like those are :) I don't like Lallafel either.
Posted Image
Click the Picute for a Livestream with B&S and Tera in 1080p
Youtube Channel with BnS Gameplay & Guides

User is offline   Valadhiel 

• Dojo Sensei
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationMaryland, USA
  • Class:Force Master

Posted Jan 10, 2014 - 8:34 AM

*looks around* Isn't this the TERA thread? Why are people talking about Lyns, Miqo'te and other creatures that aren't in TERA? :doubt:

This post has been edited by Valadhiel: Jan 10, 2014 - 8:34 AM

User is offline   BrandX 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Class:Kung-Fu Master

Posted Jan 10, 2014 - 9:21 AM

View PostValadhiel, on Jan 10, 2014 - 8:34 AM, said:

*looks around* Isn't this the TERA thread? Why are people talking about Lyns, Miqo'te and other creatures that aren't in TERA? :doubt:

Another person complaining about a race that's is supposed to be very old.

That said, what's the new Reaper Class? In NA side yet? Just for Lyn, or can I role a Castanic for it?

Wow. That's suckie. Just did the looking and it is just an Elin class. They felt it would be to much work to make the class for all races, and Elin is the popular race.

This is giving me little hope with TERA, since they could just make a new class and say "Elin are popular" When it's the Castanic that are my favorite race and the Reaper Class looks like it would be just as fun as the Slayer.

User is online   Yanero 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted Jan 10, 2014 - 10:54 AM

Because ELin is master race, dah.
Posted Image
Praise the sun!

User is offline   Tashigi 

• Optimized
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Class:Undecided

Posted Jan 10, 2014 - 3:15 PM

This thread is now about midget races.
Lalafels win the emote championship.
Lyns win the puppy eye cuteness race.
Elins win the "we get everything first" race (Including boss kills apparently, cough).
Gnomes win the... garder flamingo decorations?

As for the game itself, I don't know...
TERA feels so recycled. It has for nearly a year or more now. It'd take a lot to get me to play it again.

User is offline   BrandX 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted Jan 10, 2014 - 4:58 PM

I was going to go start it back up when I saw they had a new class coming, but with it limited to Elin, I changed my mind. If it's going to be come the Elin MMO, who get all new classes because it's more work to give it to all races and Elin are more popular so we'll give it to them, then meh.

And I'm the one who doesn't see Elin as kids, but as what they're supposed to be. So it's not like I can't/won't play a Elin, but rather, playing it now for the new class would just encourage them.

User is online   Yanero 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted Jan 10, 2014 - 5:36 PM

I don't mind an all Elin class, they already got the biggest advantages in PvP. I have already all elin toons cept for my main castanic archer. Besides I haven't played TERA for ages, but will def try this new class.... in 6 months when it reaches NA lol. And I agree TERA recycles too much and they def broke the game with visionmaker 2.

Never understood the big deal people make about Elins. If you see them as children there is something wrong with you and not the people who enjoy playing as them. Because apparently you can't keep reality and fantasy apart.

This post has been edited by Yanero: Jan 10, 2014 - 5:37 PM

Posted Image
Praise the sun!

User is offline   Kitsune 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationRequiem Forest
  • Character:Kitsune
  • Race:Lyn

Posted Jan 14, 2014 - 4:11 PM

View PostBrandX, on Jan 10, 2014 - 4:58 PM, said:

I was going to go start it back up when I saw they had a new class coming, but with it limited to Elin, I changed my mind. If it's going to be come the Elin MMO, who get all new classes because it's more work to give it to all races and Elin are more popular so we'll give it to them, then meh.

And I'm the one who doesn't see Elin as kids, but as what they're supposed to be. So it's not like I can't/won't play a Elin, but rather, playing it now for the new class would just encourage them.

Well, looking at it from a somewhat optimistic standpoint, it could also mean that the other races will each get their own exclusive classes in the future.

This post has been edited by Kitsune: Jan 14, 2014 - 4:12 PM

Posted Image

User is offline   BrandX 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted Jan 14, 2014 - 6:45 PM

View PostKitsune, on Jan 14, 2014 - 4:11 PM, said:

Well, looking at it from a somewhat optimistic standpoint, it could also mean that the other races will each get their own exclusive classes in the future.

Only, the way they said it "It takes a lot of work to make a class work for each race, due to different animations needed, so we decided we'd release this just for the Elin, as they're the most popular race among the playerbase."

Also, the chains! The chains! I want my castanic kicking butt with the chains!

User is offline   Kitsune 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationRequiem Forest
  • Character:Kitsune

Posted Jan 14, 2014 - 9:17 PM

View PostBrandX, on Jan 14, 2014 - 6:45 PM, said:

Only, the way they said it "It takes a lot of work to make a class work for each race, due to different animations needed, so we decided we'd release this just for the Elin, as they're the most popular race among the playerbase."

Did they really say that...? Meh.
I think they should at least release a Dark Popori class or something like it, considering how closely related the Elin and the Popori are. Though, the class really does look like it belongs on Castanics.

This post has been edited by Kitsune: Jan 14, 2014 - 9:18 PM

Posted Image

• Optimized
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted Jan 14, 2014 - 11:24 PM

View PostKitsune, on Jan 14, 2014 - 9:17 PM, said:

I think they should at least release a Dark Popori class or something like it, considering how closely related the Elin and the Popori are. Though, the class really does look like it belongs on Castanics.

After the mess Bluehole Studio went through and having their original development team pretty much scatter (Didn't the dev lead get fined/thrown in jail for the Lineage III code theft or something, along with some other members of his team?)...
It's not hard to believe that they're pressed in the "originality" and "design" areas.

User is offline   BrandX 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted Jan 14, 2014 - 11:36 PM

View PostKitsune, on Jan 14, 2014 - 9:17 PM, said:

It does! And it's my favorite race that I was hoping to play the new class with.

I just think it was a bad idea on their part to not make it for all races.

User is offline   Hyuna 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationAustralia
  • Character:Hyunah
  • Race:Gon
  • Class:Destroyer
  • Guild:Solace

Posted Jan 15, 2014 - 4:28 AM

View PostBrandX, on Jan 14, 2014 - 11:36 PM, said:

It does! And it's my favorite race that I was hoping to play the new class with.

I just think it was a bad idea on their part to not make it for all races.

+ 1
Posted Image
If you think my post has helped you or was informative, click on the plus one reputation right here. ----------->

User is offline   Shinobu-Chan 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • LocationLoli Paradise
  • Character:ShinobuChan RETIRED
  • Class:Summoner
  • Guild:自由之翼丶WingsofFreedom

Posted Jan 15, 2014 - 1:37 PM

skills:

Posted Image

User is offline   Draven 

• Dojo Sensei
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Character:Draven

Posted Jan 25, 2014 - 9:07 AM

View PostYanero, on Jan 10, 2014 - 5:36 PM, said:

Never understood the big deal people make about Elins. If you see them as children there is something wrong with you and not the people who enjoy playing as them. Because apparently you can't keep reality and fantasy apart.

they look like children, people playing them knows that they look like children
i doesn't matter how you want to explain it away with "lore" they still LOOK like children which is basically all there is in a game
they don't even act old, they act like little children so the lore crap is just an excuse

people who enjoys sexualising them are basically doing it in a game because it would be illegal to do that IRL

do i think that people that play them are pedos? no
just like i don't think people that kill game characters with a sword or guns or whatever would do that IRL

if you want to have child-like characters in-game by all means make them cute, have cute costumes, armor
but when you have something that looks like a child and you are interested in making that "child" look sexy, peek up under their clothes to see their underwear, then there would be something of a problem
Posted Image

User is offline   BrandX 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted Jan 25, 2014 - 11:32 AM

View PostDraven, on Jan 25, 2014 - 9:07 AM, said:

i doesn't matter how you want to explain it away with "lore" they still LOOK like children which is basically all there is in a game
they don't even act old, they act like little children so the lore crap is just an excuse

people who enjoys sexualising them are basically doing it in a game because it would be illegal to do that IRL

just like i don't think people that kill game characters with a sword or guns or whatever would do that IRL

if you want to have child-like characters in-game by all means make them cute, have cute costumes, armor
but when you have something that looks like a child and you are interested in making that "child" look sexy, peek up under their clothes to see their underwear, then there would be something of a problem

I've never seen a child with that much hip and thigh. Or is it the lack of breasts with the Pear Shape body? Last I played you could make faces that looked older, you just had to mess with the face sliders.

• Optimized
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted Jan 25, 2014 - 5:22 PM

View PostDraven, on Jan 25, 2014 - 9:07 AM, said:

I get what you're saying but it's still only pixels and polygons.
They're really not traumatizing any real child or causing any harm. Though I can't think of anyone who approaches Elin, Lalafel, Lynns in this manner in my friends circle at least, even if there was, it's their game. They can play it however they want and I see no problem as long as it doesn't harm anyone.

Should they go and try to re-create whatever fantasy they have in their minds on this regard in real life, then you would have a problem.
But just because you run around stabbing people in WOW/Wildstar, etc. Doesn't mean you are automatically going to go recreate the scenario in person.
I'd be judging you for a crime you haven't committed or even thought of.

This post has been edited by Tashigi: Jan 25, 2014 - 5:23 PM

User is offline   Quietus 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted Jan 25, 2014 - 6:24 PM

View PostBrandX, on Jan 14, 2014 - 6:45 PM, said:

I read that and then watched the video. Really, Bluehole? I'm thinking maybe you should change the first syllable of your name to something beginning with an "A"...
Bring forth my doom spawn from your stink crevice and prove the gypsy wrong!

Share this topic:

• 151 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users