• View gallery
  • Group: Members
  • Character:Maiya
  • Race:Gon
  • Class:Kung-Fu Master
  • Guild:Thieves Den

Posted Jan 29, 2013 - 4:02 PM

View PostGarzel, on Jan 29, 2013 - 12:18 PM, said:

Sept me. Tried to make a thief and was to much glass cannon to me.I like to be able to solo things so I naturally move to the ranged classes like Engineer. Depending on what you want I find Engineer to be the most fun although we won't win any awards for damage condition or natural. If your looking for a bunker for sPvP then look no further then the king of bunker next to the Guardian.

Necromancer is fun to but the class is horribly bugged and you need to be a good level to really be able to use your wep swap to full effect unless you go main hand scepter and swap staff....least where I am at but scepter is not that great.

My advice and what I did in WoW was just play every class until 20ish and if you still enjoy that class then just go with that.

Necro scepter is mainly for condition builds. It's no power based weapon. I would say that Mesmer and Ele don't shine until at least 40-60.

View PostTashigi, on Jan 29, 2013 - 1:19 PM, said:

So...
Broom races? ;3

Bring it, I got one on my Ele from Halloween. :3

User is offline   Tashigi 

• Optimized
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Class:Undecided

Posted Jan 29, 2013 - 4:12 PM

Tonight, at the old school bar!

I think the game is heading in the right direction. I am happy that we can't corpse run anymore. It gave me some vanilla WOW flashbacks last night.
It also made me realize just how important each of your party members can be... specially since I had to find out by nearly carrying the other two Thieves in group through CoF (I was wondering why the last boss on P1 didn't have poison on whenever I was ranging or in down state; only Thief applying poisons FFS).

I do hope they add some meaningful form of battleground that resembles Arathi Basin or Eye of the Storm (WOW).
This game needs a smaller scale WvWvW and I think this would do it.
The only times I've had fun in WvWvW is when two small groups collide (Usually 5v5 or 10v10) and that's really fun in a semi-open area. But in claustrophobic SPVP or the massive map of WvWvW, it just... doesn't have that special feeling.

User is offline   Garzel 

• The Dragon Artificer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationIn my Library
  • Character:Clockwork
  • Race:Lyn
  • Class:Force Master
  • Guild:Slayers' Tower

Posted Jan 30, 2013 - 2:10 AM

Alot of people would disagree with you Tashigi (Not me of coarse)

I like the fact they buffed bundles finally which makes are kits not so bad....until I realized that it was bugged....I least thats what people have been telling me. I can't really tell because I almost never use kits.
Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat”- Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Posted Image
'Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories." - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

• Optimized
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted Jan 30, 2013 - 2:14 PM

I'd have to buy another char. slot for an Engi. Deleted my old one to make a Guardian.
Been curious about higher level Engi. The one I had did well in SPVP for a short while, but some of the builds I've ran into as of late while playing my Thief have been insane.

This post has been edited by Tashigi: Jan 30, 2013 - 2:20 PM

User is offline   Garzel 

• The Dragon Artificer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationIn my Library

Posted Jan 30, 2013 - 2:47 PM

If your playing a glass thief the Engi can go full bunker (vit tough power P/S) And just make your life hell. net turret, toolbelt net, stun/daze shield, reflect/knockback shield, all if trait right not that bad on CD oh and glue shot that can immobilize if you get hit.

Engi's can sit there all day and just watch you squirm. I took out a ranger warrior combo, ranger almost got me but the warrior was so locked down I could focus on the ranger and tear him up. Warrior stood no chance because he dosent have enough stun breaks to get out of everything.

------

So I finally decided to try out sPvP again after a month of "balancing". 4-5 matches I won which is a big step up from getting steamrolled.

Currently running power,condition,vitality, Engi Bunker 10/30/0/30/0, P/S vit tough 4 soldier runes and 2 afflicted runes, bleed and quickness sigil.

Nothing really steamrolls everything so I don't see 2 hit guardians anymore or of that stuff. It actually feels like it's skill based because I can tell who is good and who isn't by how fast I bring them down.

Fought a warrior that was squishier then butter and though his shouts would keep him alive. i showed him wrong.

Fought a Elementalist, we had a 2-3 min conflict and it was danger close. Was thinker then the warrior I mentioned above. Great game that was.

I think it's time to see if I can find a team

This post has been edited by Garzel: Jan 31, 2013 - 12:21 AM

Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat”- Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Posted Image
'Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories." - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

User is offline   Zyrusticae 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Character:Aiza
  • Class:Blade Master
  • Guild:NFA

Posted Jan 31, 2013 - 2:36 AM

I just realized I haven't posted screenshots in here in forever.

Allow me to... rectify that.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Avid supporter of the Zeitgeist Movement.

User is offline   Garzel 

• The Dragon Artificer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationIn my Library

Posted Jan 31, 2013 - 3:29 AM

Again your screens are stunning....you used SweetFX right?
Posted Image

User is offline   Valadhiel 

• Dojo Sensei
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationMaryland, USA
  • Race:Jin

Posted Jan 31, 2013 - 10:37 AM

Rectification process complete! Awesome as always, Zyu.

• Optimized
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted Jan 31, 2013 - 4:17 PM

I need to re-enable SweetFX for when I'm outside of PVP stuff.
It drops my poor FPS to around 30 and sometimes lower in WvWvW.
Also, help the Quaggans! Adopt one today!
http://cloud-2.steam...339FA2CC5FC0C9/

User is offline   Garzel 

• The Dragon Artificer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationIn my Library

Posted Feb 06, 2013 - 1:06 PM

8 People. 1 Thief. Wiped the WHOLE GROUP. HOW I ask HOW DOES 1 CLASS 8 PEOPLE BY HIMSELF. I never though thiefs were OP I though stealth was OP and this proves it. The fact that you can sit there and keep stealthing over and over on a very short clock without having to stop is pure nonsense and can't even be broken out. It''s like every stealth that he has was on a 10 Sec CD because 1-2 times he smacked one of us with C&D.

Also I am not saying the he outright killed everyone in the group but he downed every single on of us and some of us being Guardians and Warriors. I can't even imagine how people think this is balanced. Yes it's skill that he can keep going and know what where and when to attack and sneak back in, BUT NOT 1 CLASS can counter a thief and having to keep him in perma stun/daze just to take on 1 thief. it's so annoying and having to build to counter a class in nonsense. Not even WoW Rogues stealth is this OP(sept for the time they could 1 shot cloth but that was early vanilla)
Posted Image

User is offline   Seraphy 

• Flower in the Mountain
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted Feb 06, 2013 - 2:20 PM

View PostGarzel, on Feb 06, 2013 - 1:06 PM, said:

8 People. 1 Thief. Wiped the WHOLE GROUP. HOW I ask HOW DOES 1 CLASS 8 PEOPLE BY HIMSELF. I never though thiefs were OP I though stealth was OP and this proves it. The fact that you can sit there and keep stealthing over and over on a very short clock without having to stop is pure nonsense and can't even be broken out. It''s like every stealth that he has was on a 10 Sec CD because 1-2 times he smacked one of us with C&D.

Also I am not saying the he outright killed everyone in the group but he downed every single on of us and some of us being Guardians and Warriors. I can't even imagine how people think this is balanced. Yes it's skill that he can keep going and know what where and when to attack and sneak back in, BUT NOT 1 CLASS can counter a thief and having to keep him in perma stun/daze just to take on 1 thief. it's so annoying and having to build to counter a class in nonsense. Not even WoW Rogues stealth is this OP(sept for the time they could 1 shot cloth but that was early vanilla)

Thief has access to so many stealth abilities, it's nuts. The one stealth that comes to the top of my head is Cloak and Dagger (5th skill in D/D). It has no cooldown, only an initiative requirement. It also deals heavy damage.

This post has been edited by Seraphy: Feb 06, 2013 - 2:20 PM

• Optimized
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted Feb 06, 2013 - 2:22 PM

Stealth in GW2 is far weaker than Stealth in WOW.
But on the matter, you can damage the Thief while he's stealthed and you can potentially kill him. The biggest mistake most people make, is that they stop attacking or using abilities while they allow the Thief to roam and use skills while stealthed.

There is a build that allows a Thief to stealth and heal; it has a cooldown, but if you leave the Thief alone, he'll use other skills to recover.
You gotta keep the pressure on him, always and try to dodge every now and then; even if he's stealthed.

User is offline   Shinaji 

• Emperor of Lightning ( 雷帝 뇌제 )
  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderators
  • LocationJamaica
  • Character:Something Cool
  • Class:Assassin

Posted Feb 06, 2013 - 3:28 PM

To be frank people just don't know how to handle stealth. Even on my Ranger a thief wouldn't be able to take me out with an entire group of 8 because even if the other 7 don't know what they are doing one person knowing what they are doing is enough. People just can't seem to understand how to deal with stealth.
It's short and you have to move fast so from a Thief perspective, if you keep attacking it'll make it harder for me to take the positions I want. But you have to try and control the area around you and position yourself properly to make it hard for them and to funnel down their openings so the moment they show up you are ready. Also time their stealth with counter moves.

User is offline   Garzel 

• The Dragon Artificer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationIn my Library

Posted Feb 06, 2013 - 8:18 PM

I understand how to fight the stealth but I HAVE to build to fight the stealth. If I had my tank/con P/S build like in sPvP thieves would quiver in fear. But I decided to build glass cannon because of my hollow faith that people won't suck.

Update------

New patch coming soon, guild missions, new PvP map, chose your own dalies. More class fixes
Posted Image

• View gallery
  • LocationJamaica

Posted Feb 06, 2013 - 10:02 PM

Glass cannon is candy for Burst Thieves. But even so, I think Engies get tons of AoEs?\
Let them know the fury of AoEs.

• Flower in the Mountain
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted Feb 07, 2013 - 10:30 PM

Holy hell do I hate guild drama. It always tends to be the same type of people who do it, attention grabbers and their followers follow in tow.

User is offline   Garzel 

• The Dragon Artificer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationIn my Library

Posted Feb 08, 2013 - 3:02 AM

There was guild drama today? Good thing I was at work.
Posted Image

• Flower in the Mountain
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted Feb 14, 2013 - 12:22 AM

Onto the next goal, the title: The Emperor!

User is offline   Garzel 

• The Dragon Artificer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationIn my Library

Posted Feb 14, 2013 - 2:41 AM

I think I went the wrong way with my build. I was originally going berserk rifle glass cannon with my engi. But now that kits and stuff have gotten little buffs I have noticed that some kits actually do more damage and my standard AA rifle and that the CC is nice but shield and even just duel pistol glue shot have enough CC with the right talents and movement.

Now I have to restart my build. Prolly going full Rampage (power, crit chance, condition damage) but stil working on what I should do for my sockets. This build is alot like my tank P/S build but i am building for damage and for WvW not alot of people build tank now a days because when you have 10 people on you it doesn't really help.

This post has been edited by Garzel: Feb 14, 2013 - 2:41 AM

Posted Image

• View gallery
  • LocationJamaica

Posted Feb 14, 2013 - 1:30 PM

View PostSeraphy, on Feb 14, 2013 - 12:22 AM, said:

Onto the next goal, the title: The Emperor!

That sword looks pretty good. I need to find a nice pair of daggers myself. Got any suggestions?

Share this topic:

• 104 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users