• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Character:Mickey
  • Race:Lyn
  • Class:Blade Master
  • Guild:Thieves Den

Posted Jan 22, 2013 - 5:02 PM

@Tashigi or anyone else who can answer- only way to get different gear for weapons is level up in pvp? Also, how do i transfer the items i won in pvp to other chars?

This post has been edited by Stacked Ares: Jan 22, 2013 - 6:11 PM

Posted Image
E-Vel Mickey<-- I'M SO FLUFFY I'M GONNA DIE

User is offline   Seraphy 

• Flower in the Mountain
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Character:Maiya
  • Race:Gon
  • Class:Kung-Fu Master

Posted Jan 22, 2013 - 5:32 PM

Just tried level 20 fractals. I have about 17k HP on my Mesmer, and took like 3,044 HP per agony tick, with 10 resistance. ;A;

This post has been edited by Seraphy: Jan 22, 2013 - 5:33 PM

User is offline   Tashigi 

• Optimized
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Class:Undecided

Posted Jan 22, 2013 - 6:35 PM

View PostStacked Ares, on Jan 22, 2013 - 5:02 PM, said:

@Tashigi or anyone else who can answer- only way to get different gear for weapons is level up in pvp? Also, how do i transfer the items i won in pvp to other chars?

Yes, it's the only way besides opening boxes you get after you level up. Buy the PVP items/parts you want from the PVP vendors and throw parts at the forge if you wanna make stuffs. It's better if you Google a guide IMO, it can be confusing.
You can store your items in your PVP closet. It's by the item vendors. All of your characters have access to the PVP closet items.

@Sera
Sweet, gonna drag my roomie in there then. We can all die glorious deaths together.

This post has been edited by Tashigi: Jan 22, 2013 - 6:37 PM

User is offline   Shinaji 

• Emperor of Lightning ( 雷帝 뇌제 )
  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderators
  • LocationJamaica
  • Character:Something Cool
  • Race:Jin
  • Class:Assassin
  • Guild:Slayers' Tower

Posted Jan 23, 2013 - 12:16 AM

Posted Image

User is offline   Garzel 

• The Dragon Artificer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationIn my Library
  • Character:Clockwork
  • Class:Force Master

Posted Jan 27, 2013 - 1:28 PM

Ugh. I am having a character block just like i did back in my wow days. warrior or paliden, Mesmer or elementalist, I ended up with end game gear on my warlock before I actually finally stuck with something and actually made both in due time. I wish this wasn't going to happen again but it seems that I am cursed with indecisive.
Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat”- Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Posted Image
'Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories." - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

• Optimized
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted Jan 27, 2013 - 2:48 PM

Do it all :3
It's not too hard to gear in GW2 from what I've done so far on Thief. Though that in part has to do with following Sera everywhere she goes.

You can buy most decent gear in AH anyway.
I don't feel there is a humongous difference in gear stats after a certain point, unlike WOW, where the numbers just keep adding and adding.

• View gallery
  • LocationJamaica

Posted Jan 27, 2013 - 3:12 PM

I've forced myself to settle on Thief and Ranger, Thief is all up in his exotics already though.
Well since Tashy makes it sound like gold drops in Sera's wake come Monday I too shall be tailing.

User is offline   Garzel 

• The Dragon Artificer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationIn my Library

Posted Jan 27, 2013 - 3:45 PM

The main problem I am having is that I don't know what I want.

Do I want to be a Elementlist? A master of the elements, summoning beings, calling down firestorms, thunderstorms, and hurricanes to do my bidding? Wielding the elements to my whim, freezing burning, electrifying, and pounding my foes until they become one with the elements themselves/

Or

Do I want to be a Mesmer? A trickster, a wielder of the mind and the chaos around everyone, causing mortals and even gods to debate what is real and what is not? Replacing dreams with nightmares and turning foes into shells of there former selves?

I WANT THEM ALL...but then that would be to OP

This post has been edited by Garzel: Jan 27, 2013 - 3:45 PM

Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat”- Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Posted Image
'Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories." - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

• Flower in the Mountain
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted Jan 27, 2013 - 6:23 PM

View PostShinaji, on Jan 27, 2013 - 3:12 PM, said:

I've forced myself to settle on Thief and Ranger, Thief is all up in his exotics already though.
Well since Tashy makes it sound like gold drops in Sera's wake come Monday I too shall be tailing.

All dem boss monies and dungeons rewards.

• View gallery
  • LocationJamaica

Posted Jan 27, 2013 - 8:21 PM

Garzel, Tashy can tell you about it.
We fought an engineer today, it was horrendous, at least for me, chick could dish out 12k in 2 seconds.
Played SPvP today for a couple hours I think, I don't know I lost track of time.

Was playing Longbow/Greatsword Ranger.
Most trouble I had today in order of most troubling was this one That Engineer (reesepuff), This one Elementalist (Realistic Dream) and a thief (didn't catch her name).
I could take all of them but the Engiee was hard for me, especially when that engie and that ele were rolling together, I just got own'd.
Lol Had lots of fun.
Claimed top player a bunch of times. :D

Traits are
30 / 10 / 0 / 30 / 0

• Optimized
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted Jan 28, 2013 - 3:56 PM

Thief was Yasuke, but there was another named Crimson Sky. Both used very tricky talents. Yasuke healed every time she stealthed and Crimson Sky would stealth/backstab constantly, while blinding/using elite.
Both gave me a hard time; the Engineer wasn't too bad for me, but I couldn't fight her without full endurance to dodge all that unload of damage.

SPVP is always fun but only in small doses IMO :x
Ranking up is a bitch.

I really wish I could implement my PVE traits/attributes to PVP. But having so little survival is crazy. I tried a couple of times, but ultimately I feel like paper; if even that.

User is offline   Garzel 

• The Dragon Artificer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationIn my Library

Posted Jan 29, 2013 - 2:48 AM

The funny thing about PvP and PvE you have to usually play a balanced stat set or you get wreaked because everything has just so much HP and tough especially the undead. Omg the undead are so OP I wish they would get nurfed just a bit because it so hard to fight them when they can get in close no problem because they have super speed.
Posted Image

• View gallery
  • LocationJamaica

Posted Jan 29, 2013 - 3:21 AM

Risen are too fast, screw them all to hell. Hate em sooo bad.
So Guesting is in, I was up on Crystal Deseret today.

• Flower in the Mountain
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted Jan 29, 2013 - 11:10 AM

They thinned out the risen population in Orr, so there's that. It's MUCH better now. No undead trains following you everywhere.

• Optimized
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted Jan 29, 2013 - 11:36 AM

View PostSeraphy, on Jan 29, 2013 - 11:10 AM, said:

They thinned out the risen population in Orr, so there's that. It's MUCH better now. No undead trains following you everywhere.

This.
Though I didn't have too much of a hard time before, mostly due to my condition build (Back then). DB and kite was hilarious.
With my new build though... I don't think I'd last long against them. Total glass cannon. Then again, keep in mind this is the guy that didn't know Lv 80 backpacks existed and ran around without one for months :3

Still, I generate enough endurance that I can stay alive by dodging constantly. Only places I die a lot, is new dungeons that I haven't seen/don't understand.

This post has been edited by Tashigi: Jan 29, 2013 - 11:45 AM

User is offline   Bohvey 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip
  • Character:Bohvey
  • Race:Undecided

Posted Jan 29, 2013 - 11:41 AM

Sheesh, I haven't played GW2 since Christmas... been so busy. My wife and daughter both have January birthdays and then I got a new WACOM tablet and have been trying to get back into drawing. What server are you guys on again? I think I need to start another character that may hold my interest better. My Mesmer just didn't do it for me. Thief is likely what I'll go with next. Everyone seems to enjoy that class.

User is offline   Garzel 

• The Dragon Artificer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationIn my Library

Posted Jan 29, 2013 - 12:18 PM

Sept me. Tried to make a thief and was to much glass cannon to me.I like to be able to solo things so I naturally move to the ranged classes like Engineer. Depending on what you want I find Engineer to be the most fun although we won't win any awards for damage condition or natural. If your looking for a bunker for sPvP then look no further then the king of bunker next to the Guardian.

Necromancer is fun to but the class is horribly bugged and you need to be a good level to really be able to use your wep swap to full effect unless you go main hand scepter and swap staff....least where I am at but scepter is not that great.

My advice and what I did in WoW was just play every class until 20ish and if you still enjoy that class then just go with that.
Posted Image

• Optimized
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted Jan 29, 2013 - 1:19 PM

So...
Broom races? ;3

User is offline   Bohvey 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip
  • Character:Bohvey
  • Race:Undecided

Posted Jan 29, 2013 - 1:22 PM

Thanks for that advice Garzel. I can't remember what level my Mesmer is right now because it's been THAT long since I've played. I didn't have any problems solo'ing anything with my warrior so maybe I'd enjoy Guardian. Plus every group seems to enjoy having a guardian in their dungeon party.

Share this topic:

• 104 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users