• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • LocationIn my Library
  • Character:Clockwork
  • Race:Lyn
  • Class:Force Master
  • Guild:Slayers' Tower

Posted Jan 11, 2013 - 7:47 PM

Heck ya that's want I want to hear. I can wait for new content if there going to improve the game on a scale such as this. the hype train has started once again...I better get my exotic's soon
Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat”- Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Posted Image
'Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories." - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

User is offline   Tashigi 

• Optimized
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Class:Undecided

Posted Jan 11, 2013 - 7:52 PM

I hope they add fun battlegrounds that expand between 5-15 player matches, in semi-open areas.
I hate how claustrophobic the current ones feel.

Also, battleground leveling would be awesome.
Make it happen and I'll have like 10 slots of alts at 80!

User is offline   Shinaji 

• Emperor of Lightning ( 雷帝 뇌제 )
  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderators
  • LocationJamaica
  • Character:Something Cool
  • Race:Jin
  • Class:Assassin

Posted Jan 11, 2013 - 8:00 PM

Speaking of Which I haven't played the Kodan PvP map yet, it looked huge.

• Optimized
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted Jan 12, 2013 - 9:42 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

• View gallery
  • LocationJamaica

Posted Jan 13, 2013 - 2:55 PM

That coat looks good O:
Which one is it?
Man do I envy you guys and your good computers showing good graphics. :(

Also I do~ :D

User is offline   Garzel 

• The Dragon Artificer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationIn my Library

Posted Jan 13, 2013 - 3:05 PM

Man between work and house work and other family stuff I have been unplugged from the internet for 3 days. Hopefully with all the holiday stuff behind I can get back on soon. I might pop up here and there but thats just to check on stuff
Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat”- Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Posted Image
'Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories." - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

• Optimized
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted Jan 14, 2013 - 3:52 PM

I don't know the name of the coat, Shinaji. I got it from a personal story quest somewhere. I'll link it to you tonight.
Also, playing this game with my roomie is a thousand times more fun than not. I also no longer have to die alone.

Also, my first purchase with real cash went to... /drums
25 fine transmutation stones. Surprised? You shouldn't be :P

• View gallery
  • LocationJamaica

Posted Jan 14, 2013 - 10:35 PM

I need someone to play with. :(
But at least on my Ranger I always have Charlotte mah spider. :(
Ranger is like a PvE queen she like never dies even in the most hopeless of situations she pulls through lol.

Also~ slightly okish but not that great news.
Update on Legendaries.

User is offline   Garzel 

• The Dragon Artificer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationIn my Library

Posted Jan 15, 2013 - 1:49 AM

Hay they want to improve there game and hold off on new content for a bit that is A Ok with me atm because fixing alot of the problems with the game itself opens to alot more opertunities with new content down the road and hopefully make the game alot more enjoyable for all in the long run.

If they have been taking notes they will hopefully know what has and has not been working for them...../cross fingers.

Shinaji I am trying to level a Mesmer if you are looking for someone to play with. If you want a new PvP partner I would be happy to learn the ticks of the trade with my engi
Posted Image

• View gallery
  • LocationJamaica

Posted Jan 15, 2013 - 8:42 AM

Sounds good, trouble is I'm on a different server and I'm still debating moving. bah that's another story, plus for now I'm basically in farm mode, (it's relaxing for me really) gonna get rich or die trying and also gearing up my Ranger.

The extent of my PvP knowledge is somewhat limited to Ranger, Thief, Warrior and Guardian in terms of experience and dept but I do know a few tricks with some other classes.
To be honest I hadn't pvp'd much until last week I started getting back into it. Did some SPvP last night, ask Tashy about it he's probably still pulling arrows out his arse. :3
Granted once he pulled out his Sword/Pistol I was having a whale of a time.

Also Tash I realized my healing skill removes conditions. Healing Spring

But we can all gather up for some SPvP malarkey some time.
Right now I'm mostly a farmer, I don't know how many people would actually be down for that.
Also I want to run lots of CoF and CM because I want dem runes.
But this week is the start of hard times for me though. Work starts again on Monday and my brother now takes his laptop to work which means I can't play during the days anymore. I'm still way off before I can even think about affording a new computer.

• Optimized
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted Jan 15, 2013 - 10:24 AM

I knew you were cheating bitch.
That's good to know, tho. For when I make a Ranger :P
Tho we killed eachother a bunch of times, I was wondering why everyone else died so fast to my experimental condition build, but you kept on removing wounds :<
I liked that other Thief's build, too. Stealth and backstab burst. Very tricky.

User is offline   Garzel 

• The Dragon Artificer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationIn my Library

Posted Jan 15, 2013 - 10:51 AM

Shinaji I am on crystal desert same as you remember? I moved so that way it would be easier to group up with you and your guildies.

I haven't done much SPvP but all I know is that thiefs give me a hard time and with everyone else. I would as go far as saying they are the most powerful class because they are the hardest to counter IMO. Only counter I have seen are tank built warriors and Guardians and even then it's pretty sad
Posted Image

• Optimized
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted Jan 15, 2013 - 11:35 AM

Shinaji is scrubby, he's still in Jade Quarry.
I however, am on Crystal Desert now, stalking Sera. Or rather, doing a poor job at stalking Sera.

• View gallery
  • LocationJamaica

Posted Jan 15, 2013 - 4:15 PM

Guild Wars 2 in the Coming months.

Yes it's true I am and have always been on Jade Quarry. Not sure how everyone keeps thinking I'm on Crystal Desert but yeah, Jade Quarry.
It's cause I'm kinda attached to the server and how WvW struggle against Sea of Sorrows.
We get some trouble from Blackgate too but we usually overcome, but Sea of Sorrows really gives us a fight and I've kinda gotten all involved in the struggle to put em down and earn ourselves the top rank. Granted we're third behind Stormbluff Isle at 2 and Seas of Sorrows at 1. But we wanna stomp Sea of Sorrows more. :|

Yes good thieves are hard to deal with, but I'm always happy when I go up against a good thief. Warms mah heart, go sneaky classes <3. How I usually handle them is bait them. You know they usually open strong and any attempt to hit em in the beginning is usually met with dodges since they are so mobile. Also keep moving, don't make hitting you easy for them, but they are faster in most cases though.

Mostly try to bait their dodges with weaker hits and make sure when you fire off your strong moves they can't get away as easily. On my Ranger I usually save my AOE and my two knock backs.
Takes getting used to but yes they are hard to deal with as they should be. <3.

User is offline   Garzel 

• The Dragon Artificer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationIn my Library

Posted Jan 16, 2013 - 2:32 AM

"Getting tokens for achievements that you do everyday weather you notice it or not and getting gear that is suited for you"

THIS MOTHERF***ING HYPE TRAIN HAS NO F***ING BREAKS OMG.

/regain composure

You know what? Wintersday even through I was at work for alot of it...i heard 75% less complaining then i did for the other activities so my faith is at a high right now for Anet and I hope that 2013 is where they shine the most.

From the blog post alot of this stuff I am really liking but there are still problems in the game that they need to address like some of the events that keep bugging out and stuff like that. I still have faith. Me and my Engineer will be waitting for major fixes and I swear if we get nurfed again I will compain on the forums.....or something...
Posted Image

• View gallery
  • LocationJamaica

Posted Jan 17, 2013 - 3:38 AM

GUESTING IS HERE!
But Free transfers are going away. :(
So I gotta make a choice now.
Guess I might join you guys on Crystal Desert.
Ya'll at least have an active WvW scene there? :(

Otherwise I could just guest a lot, when I'm not fighting for the glory or Jade Quarry!

User is offline   Seraphy 

• Flower in the Mountain
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Character:Maiya
  • Race:Gon
  • Class:Kung-Fu Master
  • Guild:Thieves Den

Posted Jan 17, 2013 - 10:33 AM

There's a decently active WvWvW scene. Though it still falls victim to some bad commanders and people bickering at one another over what to do. I think we're currently at Tier 3. We'll probably wind up going between 2 and 3.

User is offline   Garzel 

• The Dragon Artificer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationIn my Library

Posted Jan 17, 2013 - 12:22 PM

Wubwub is alright on Crystal Desert. It is better then Northern Shiverpeaks when I was on there. Can't day if it's better the Jade Quarry or Tarnished Coast.

This post has been edited by Garzel: Jan 17, 2013 - 12:22 PM

Posted Image

• View gallery
  • LocationJamaica

Posted Jan 17, 2013 - 3:09 PM

:(
As far as I've personally seen on Jade Quarry they haven't been doing any bickering or anything like that. As far as I've seen personally Commanders are usually helping each other out, they might not all be the best, there are some great ones and some that are alright. Even when we were getting stomped I haven't really had a bad experience in WvW.

Live Stream here they are talking about their plans.
One thing that might interest some people. They say they want to change up some boss mechanics, lower the difficulty and make the res and run back constantly not being viable.
Guild Wars 2 Live Stream

• Optimized
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted Jan 17, 2013 - 3:39 PM

I haven't found WvWvW interesting or fun at all. Probably running with the wrong crews but w/e. Not enough interest in it :x
As for dungeons and bosses, I've only done three dungeons (Or was it four? Not sure). But I felt the bosses themselves weren't hard at all. Sometimes unpredictable, yes. But I think that's a good aspect, as long as you don't get one shot (Leave room for recovery/learning).

What I did find to be frustrating throughout all of the instances I did, was how incredibly random and powerful trash mobs can be.
I mean, seriously, some of these things can instant kill you with stuff you can't see coming, even if you're looking for red rings/staring at their animations.
I think I died maybe 4 times in a row to the same trash mobs 'cause they kept using the same move as I would get up. No chance to dodge or DB my way out.

I think if they can make bosses require more strategy than hit point A and then go DPS point B and toned down the trash to be at least half or a quarter as powerful as side bosses (Not main bosses), then it'd be more enjoyable to do instances.
I haven't done fractals yet, so I can't judge those.

Still... oddly enough, I've found PVE to be more enjoyable than PVP stuff in this game.
Which is odd, given that this is Guild Wars, y'know? Lol.

Share this topic:

• 104 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users