User is offline   Bohvey 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Character:Bohvey
  • Race:Undecided
  • Class:Undecided

Posted Nov 26, 2012 - 1:26 PM

I didn't get to play much. I was entertaining my in-laws for the holiday. I did manage to run some dungeons on my Warrior, leveled up my Guardian to 15 and my Mesmer to 10. Not sure what I want to level to 80 right now though. I have a Mesmer, Ele, Guardian, Thief and Ranger all around level 10-15 right now. Seriously considering scrapping them all (except my warrior of course) and starting fresh with something and just sticking with it. I kind of feel like I've been bouncing around too much.

My thoughts are: Human Female Guardian; Asura Any Gender Elementalist; Sylvari Male or Asura Female Thief; Sylvari Male or Charr Female Ranger; Asura Any Gender or Human Male Mesmer.

What do you guys think. Which professions have you had fun with? Suggestions on Race/Profession combinations?

User is offline   Shinaji 

• Emperor of Lightning ( 雷帝 뇌제 )
  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderators
  • LocationJamaica
  • Character:Something Cool
  • Race:Jin
  • Class:Assassin
  • Guild:Slayers' Tower

Posted Nov 26, 2012 - 2:17 PM

Whatever you ply let's level together I'm gettin' real lonely trying to kill champion Bandits guarding rich silver veins.
I'd say Human female Guardian, cause you could protects my poor wittle archer Girl.
Hit level 30 on her last night, fully suited out in Power + Vit gear.

User is offline   Bohvey 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip

Posted Nov 26, 2012 - 2:35 PM

Nicely done. I have a level 15 female human Guardian now. Just not thrilled with her name but oh well. Not really a big deal. I get WAY too hung up on not liking little aspects of the characters and then I feel like I need to redo them and start over. I'm far too nit picky but it probably comes from playing D&D as a younger man. I like to role play my characters a little and all that stuff does play into it for me.

If you're ever on and you see me and need some help with something just let me know. I'm happy to jump to my Warrior to help out if I can't help on one of my alts.

User is offline   Garzel 

• The Dragon Artificer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationIn my Library
  • Character:Clockwork
  • Race:Lyn
  • Class:Force Master

Posted Nov 26, 2012 - 4:09 PM

Sorry to anyone who was reading my last post that I just deleted I was skimming and didn't relize that it was a blog post and not a legit news post from a site.

All info was proven false to a extent but the threat of Nexon still lingers. Lets hope they don't get there greedy paws on anything NCsoft especially Blade and Soul
Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat”- Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Posted Image
'Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories." - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

User is offline   Seraphy 

• Flower in the Mountain
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Character:Maiya
  • Race:Gon
  • Class:Kung-Fu Master
  • Guild:Thieves Den

Posted Nov 27, 2012 - 8:54 PM

I'm so close to legendary...

Currently Need:
Vial of Powerful Blood: 129
Pile of Crystalline Dust: 144
Vicious Fang: 179
Armored Scale: 189
Elaborate Totem: 166

Destroyer Lodestone: 80
Molten Lodestone: 42

Glob of Ectoplasm: 202

And I'll be done. Anyone want to donate? Sera.6539 :3

User is offline   Garzel 

• The Dragon Artificer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationIn my Library

Posted Nov 27, 2012 - 9:04 PM

Dear god. That is a crap ton of stuff.
Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat”- Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Posted Image
'Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories." - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

• View gallery
  • LocationJamaica

Posted Nov 27, 2012 - 9:36 PM

I'll see if I have anything to donate to your cause.
I may or may not have used a bunch of those stuff you listed to craft some junk last week. :embarrassed:

User is offline   Bohvey 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip

Posted Nov 28, 2012 - 10:47 AM

Wow, that doesn't quite seem "so close". Good luck bud. I haven't even begun to think about Legendary.

• Flower in the Mountain
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • View gallery

Posted Nov 28, 2012 - 11:17 AM

View PostBohvey, on Nov 28, 2012 - 10:47 AM, said:

Wow, that doesn't quite seem "so close". Good luck bud. I haven't even begun to think about Legendary.

It's close in the regard that I already got the other gifts, and the 77 Mystic Clovers. All the RNG gambling is done, it's just crafting mats left.

User is offline   Garzel 

• The Dragon Artificer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationIn my Library

Posted Nov 28, 2012 - 12:26 PM

I don't know what to do anymore with my Engi. I still don't understand the crafting system, I just can't get the hang of it for some reason. Orr is a crap fest of mobs same with southshore (There was a wave rider that I blew every cooldown and still downed me because he had so much toughness and armor and lifesteal)

I can't WvW because apparently if you don't have the acended Items your at a loss and just cannon fodder. I don't feel like trying to get a team for ternaments because my exp with WoW has showed me that 1 mess up and your better off transferring to another server. Dungeons are a joke IMO. I wan't to get the rest of my Flame legion tokens so I can get my exotic gear but I don't know the paths well so I know I will just end up holding everyone back possibly keeping us from completing.

I don't know how to make money that well. I am never broke but I can't buy anything I really want.

All I have been doing is leveling my necro. and thinking of trying out the ranger.
Posted Image

User is offline   Bohvey 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip

Posted Nov 28, 2012 - 12:38 PM

The dungeons are really straight forward. I've run them quite a bit in groups with no clue where we were going and as long as I did my job no one complained and we still finished without flaw. Don't get discouraged on running dungeons. I can't speak for the other stuff since I haven't tried it yet.

The crafting in the game was a blast for me. Check out this site if you're just trying to level it up:
http://gw2.unfair.co...guide-crafting/

My Warrior is 400 in both Armor and Weaponsmithing and I really enjoyed it. I crafted my Draconic Knight Armor (exotic) which gave me a nice step up into doing dungeons.

• Flower in the Mountain
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • View gallery

Posted Nov 28, 2012 - 2:39 PM

Dungeons are incredibly straightforward after doing them a few times. If you learn how to do Ascalonian Catacombs in exploration, you'll get maybe 1-1.5g or more from all three paths + tokens that can be exchanged for gear to salvage (if you have no other use for them). Citadel of Flame is also pretty easy. 1 and 2 are speed run paths, and path 3 just requires a bit of coordination. It's usually skipped because PUGs sometime suck at coordinating, and the final boss takes too long to kill due to going invulnerable too often as part of his mechanics. If you like, you can join me when I go to the dungeons sometime. My guild does multiple runs almost every night. Usually AC, CM, and CoF (as those are the fastest). We may start doing HotW now that we figured out you can do paths 3, 2, and 1 in that order from a single entry.

As for WvWvW requiring Ascended, I haven't gone in since I finished monthly, but I don't think everyone will be sporting fancy equipment any time soon. There are still some who aren't even geared in exotics.

This post has been edited by Seraphy: Nov 28, 2012 - 2:41 PM

• View gallery
  • LocationJamaica

Posted Nov 28, 2012 - 11:08 PM

If only Guesting was working.

• Flower in the Mountain
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • View gallery

Posted Nov 28, 2012 - 11:32 PM

They really need to implement guesting. Though dungeons are still cross-server - so long as you're in the same region. NA can't cross dungeon with EU.

User is offline   Garzel 

• The Dragon Artificer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationIn my Library

Posted Nov 29, 2012 - 1:11 AM

You on the EU Seraphy?
Posted Image

• View gallery
  • LocationJamaica

Posted Nov 29, 2012 - 1:40 AM

Oh really? That's nice I didn't know that. Well once I get through story mode dungeons I could go for running some dungeons with you and yo posse.

User is offline   Garzel 

• The Dragon Artificer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationIn my Library

Posted Nov 29, 2012 - 2:57 AM

I need a new guild....This guild was good until the hurricane hit. Now that the guild leaders have gone (there not dead but they have alot more important matters to attend to) the guild is basically a chicken with its head cut off.

Thinking of going to a more higher pop server make it easier to find more active guilds with people willing to do stuff.

Oh and I FINALLY finished my personal story. Was a pain in the butt at times but I finally finished it. Can't wait to see which dragon we get to kill next.

This post has been edited by Garzel: Nov 29, 2012 - 3:05 AM

Posted Image

• Flower in the Mountain
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • View gallery

Posted Nov 29, 2012 - 10:43 AM

View PostGarzel, on Nov 29, 2012 - 1:11 AM, said:

You on the EU Seraphy?

I'm on Crystal Desert, which is NA.

User is offline   Garzel 

• The Dragon Artificer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationIn my Library

Posted Nov 29, 2012 - 11:01 AM

Oh well what are we waiting for! what is your character name or account name so I can add you. Actually I wonder if I already have you added.
Posted Image

User is offline   Bohvey 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip

Posted Nov 29, 2012 - 12:57 PM

Dang... we need to start running some dungeons STAT. Though I have been enjoying my Asura Mesmer, if I get a message for a dungeon run I'll jump on for that anytime. I'm Pacific Standard Time. Usually on from about 8:30pm to 12:00am most evenings. :big_smile:

Share this topic:

• 104 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users