• View gallery
  • Group: Moderators
  • LocationJamaica
  • Character:Something Cool
  • Race:Jin
  • Class:Assassin
  • Guild:Slayers' Tower

Posted Nov 19, 2012 - 12:26 AM

Wait until you start dropping 4 Rare Daggers in the Mystic forge to try and get a Spark of Rage and not being lucky enough to get any.

User is offline   Tashigi 

• Optimized
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Members
  • Class:Undecided

Posted Nov 19, 2012 - 12:27 AM

View PostZyrusticae, on Nov 19, 2012 - 12:24 AM, said:

I played this game to get away from Korean RNG BS. Sigh!

Meanwhile, at Bluehole Studios...

User is offline   Valadhiel 

• Dojo Sensei
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationMaryland, USA
  • Class:Force Master

Posted Nov 19, 2012 - 8:06 AM

View PostZyrusticae, on Nov 19, 2012 - 12:24 AM, said:

Yes. She's an engineer.

I do love just how utterly sly she looks. Like you can't take your eyes off her for a second...

Another female? Thought it was a male again. :big_smile:

User is offline   LunarSky 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Character:Lunar
  • Race:Lyn
  • Class:Blade Master

Posted Nov 19, 2012 - 7:50 PM

Ugh I did that event over the weekend and it was tiresome. Took 2-3 hours from start to opening the chest most of it was mindless autoattacking of karkas over and over again. It was very buggy overall. Mobs weren't rendering until they killed you and their snares weren't showing up either so you'd be walking thinking your okay and bam locks in place and instant dead. THEN 5 veteran young karkas show up.

Good news is I got about 200 more rezzes in to get an achievement "No Mand Left Behind" and some free exotics to help bolster my wars funds. No precursor for me or anyone in my zerg as far as i know. (About 30-50 people) so I don't think that was super common. You may be getting worked up for nothing. I wonder if it really occurred at a considerably higher rate than any other high level meta event or if it was just there were considerably more people doing it because it a monthly event.

I still want Sunrise or Twilight but for now I'll just keep working towards. Vision of the Mists and a full nightmare plate set.
Posted Image

User is offline   Shinaji 

• Emperor of Lightning ( 雷帝 뇌제 )
  • View gallery
  • LocationJamaica

Posted Nov 19, 2012 - 11:47 PM

I logged in and out until I got on a overflow that wasn't too full. :embarrassed: Which happened to have two devs on it too. Which was also further along in the event than the one I started on. Hohoho~

User is offline   Garzel 

• The Dragon Artificer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationIn my Library
  • Character:Clockwork

Posted Nov 20, 2012 - 3:03 AM

2 Devs? How do you know they were devs? I was working that day in the afternoon so I didn't get to do it although I saw the loot that people got and...meh it waen't THAT great. I mean it's like a 80 version of the Hero's Band.

Oh and I found a funny bug today.

Spoiler

Also I have a Thief question. Is Power, Toughness, Condition decent duel dagger build? lots of power for backstabs and Death lotus stacks.

This post has been edited by Garzel: Nov 20, 2012 - 3:05 AM

Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat”- Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Posted Image
'Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories." - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

• View gallery
  • LocationJamaica

Posted Nov 20, 2012 - 3:24 AM

It really depends on what you're going for but with those stats I'd get the trait for 100% crit in stealth, get as much stealth skills as I can, get a superior Sigil fo Earth to cause bleeds on crit and get a couple traits that cause conditions when you steal and since most of the time you steal stuff that give condition damage or give you ALL THE BOONS ALL OF THEM! you should see your foe's health ticking away like nuts.
Personally I wish I could find a Power/Percision/Vitality set, but unfortunately there is none.

In the mean time I'm trying to figure out this crit thing, because according to the calculations given on the wiki I should be swimming in about 55% but it's displaying 39%

Haha the VOED, used that in a later story quest.

User is offline   Garzel 

• The Dragon Artificer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationIn my Library

Posted Nov 20, 2012 - 12:45 PM

Ya that is the statics starter quest along with the M.I.G I think you see some other time to.

I think there is a power, persision, toughness set that you can get from dungen tokens because I was looking for that with my Engi....or that might haven been power toughness condition.....

anyways i will kinda work with both and see what fits. Also I feel better using the bow then I do the pistols when I want range. Is the bow actuallly good or is it because I haven't found a good combination with the pistol yet.
Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat”- Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Posted Image
'Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories." - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

User is offline   soknife 

• Nas Trevrep
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Locationin your mama

Posted Nov 20, 2012 - 8:48 PM

View PostShinaji, on Nov 19, 2012 - 12:26 AM, said:

Wait until you start dropping 4 Rare Daggers in the Mystic forge to try and get a Spark of Rage and not being lucky enough to get any.

spark of rage...what a name....
Posted Image 0.18 km/h

• View gallery
  • LocationJamaica

Posted Nov 20, 2012 - 10:40 PM

SoKnife you still play? I never see you online.

Yeah Garzel that's the "Knight" stat set.
The bow IS good, it's mostly for AoE, or at least I use it that way, when I'm getting swarmed I kite and drop bombs and use my venoms and just kite and bleed em out. Also use a signet on the bow that causes AoE fire damage. The pistols are great for high damage single target focus, but I haven't used them that much, because screw guns.

I'd honestly prefer the Vit over the toughness though.

Do the Survey!
Lost Shores Survey

User is offline   Seraphy 

• Flower in the Mountain
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Character:Maiya
  • Race:Gon
  • Class:Kung-Fu Master
  • Guild:Thieves Den

Posted Nov 22, 2012 - 4:30 PM

I really wish ANet would change the mobile authenticator back.

Right now they have it so any remembered networks won't ask for authentication. I logged in from a friend's house, and it didn't ask me for authentication at all. Same ISP, different service. I can't even disconnect any connections to my account, as it just brings an error up.

• View gallery
  • LocationJamaica

Posted Nov 23, 2012 - 12:40 AM

Wait, so you can get Legendary Precursors from the Temple events?
Why doesn't anyone ever do those!? Well they do the Melandru and Dwayna temple though, those are usually up.

So I ran into the Skritt Burglar. While you chase him he drops bags of loot. My character was only level 22 so I didn't get anything amazing but great gear for the level. If I hadn't been meticulously crafting exceptional gear for my Ranger.

Attached File(s)

• Attached File  gw076.jpg (575.05K)
    Number of downloads: 11

• Flower in the Mountain
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • View gallery

Posted Nov 23, 2012 - 12:47 AM

View PostShinaji, on Nov 23, 2012 - 12:40 AM, said:

Wait, so you can get Legendary Precursors from the Temple events?
Why doesn't anyone ever do those!? Well they do the Melandru and Dwayna temple though, those are usually up.

So I ran into the Skritt Burglar. While you chase him he drops bags of loot. My character was only level 22 so I didn't get anything amazing but great gear for the level. If I hadn't been meticulously crafting exceptional gear for my Ranger.

You can get precursors from almost everything. They're obtainable from random drop too. Some just may not seem the effort I suppose.

• View gallery
  • LocationJamaica

Posted Nov 23, 2012 - 3:20 AM

Man the way people were enraged about some dropping from the chests for the event made it seem like there was no other way to get it other than the mystic forge. also considering they apparently upped the drop rate from chests just before the event. Oh well.

• Flower in the Mountain
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • View gallery

Posted Nov 23, 2012 - 10:03 AM

View PostShinaji, on Nov 23, 2012 - 3:20 AM, said:

Man the way people were enraged about some dropping from the chests for the event made it seem like there was no other way to get it other than the mystic forge. also considering they apparently upped the drop rate from chests just before the event. Oh well.

The outrage came from because it was only an one time event, and the drop rate seemed way higher than others. Since that chest was guaranteed 2 (?) rares + 2 exotics + a box that contained a 20 slot inventory item/exotic accessory.

• View gallery
  • LocationJamaica

Posted Nov 23, 2012 - 3:20 PM

Exotics and the 20 slot bag don't really mean that much in the grand scheme of things when you look at how easy it is to get exotics.
If you had almost everyone on all servers running those Orr quests I bet you'd get tons of legendary precursors floating around too. The exotic Accessory though, guess you just got to farm 100 karka shells for that.

• Flower in the Mountain
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • View gallery

Posted Nov 23, 2012 - 5:38 PM

Think it was 1000. But the fact that it had 2 guaranteed exotics boosted your chances a bit more than regular events - which has loot tables for a wide range of things.

But anyway, I contacted support and apparently you can't currently manage remembered or denied locations for your account. That's a bit annoying. And makes me feel less secure.

• View gallery
  • LocationJamaica

Posted Nov 23, 2012 - 7:44 PM

That's no good, you'd think that'd be a basic function of the system itself considering what it's mean t to do. Protect your computer even if you login from a Web café and such.

User is offline   Garzel 

• The Dragon Artificer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationIn my Library

Posted Nov 24, 2012 - 1:45 AM

I am still having trouble figuring out what to play. I wish there was like a cronomage or someone with can control time or some kind of time magic....I think I will try ele again.

There was some math being done and apparently the ascend gear has a decent impact in WvW....Like unless they add a WvW type gear that you can get from Karma and badges then you need to farm the new dungeon or always be with a group.

This post has been edited by Garzel: Nov 24, 2012 - 1:45 AM

Posted Image

• View gallery
  • LocationJamaica

Posted Nov 24, 2012 - 2:48 AM

Man finally figured out my whole precision issue. Now I'm working on mah sweet sweet gear.

Loving the hell out of my Ranger. I'm such a badarse with her. Pretty much solo'd the Krait slaver event, just jumping around swinging my great sword and switching to my bow and junk while everyone else fell like flies. Then I saved them all. Felt epic. While I can do well on my Thief I can't do as amazing in a huge mob of monsters like that.

Also hate Krait less because my Ranger doesn't have as much trouble with them. They are still huge sucky douches though.
Still hate them actually.... I can just manage em a lot better.

But then again I was always really good with archer type classes in PvE anyway.

Share this topic:

• 104 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users