• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Character:Ryang Huan-Yong
  • Race:Lyn
  • Class:Summoner

Posted Nov 17, 2012 - 12:42 PM

Whoop okay. Here's my verdict on Guild Wars 2.

I really, REALLY like it. A lot. It's really fun, and graphics are great and the way that quests are handled are different and interesting. I have no idea how people could feel like this is a single-player game, especially after my friends and I fought a world boss. There were like five different guilds there, it was really exciting! I guess it's because I have friends and a guild right off the bat. But I never really experienced the whole people ignoring you thing, either. And as for the autoattack thing I've heard people complain about, you can turn that off so I don't see why you'd complain about it as if it's a core mechanic. The skills being based on what weapon you have equipped is a really cool idea, too, and you can get some really different combat based on what combination of weapons you have. The one complaint I have about combat is that melee's kinda weird-feeling unless you have a gap closer. But otherwise it's great.

So yeah great game so far, I really enjoy it.
Posted Image

User is offline   Shinaji 

• Emperor of Lightning ( 雷帝 뇌제 )
  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderators
  • LocationJamaica
  • Character:Something Cool
  • Race:Jin
  • Class:Assassin
  • Guild:Slayers' Tower

Posted Nov 17, 2012 - 1:40 PM

If the people in my party were slightly more patient we probably could have finished the swamp, but everyone wanted to shout GO! or NOW! instead of waiting for everyone to get ready.

I keep messing with the colours. Strongly dislike those stupid Pirate Pants.

Attached File(s)

• Attached File  gw047.jpg (316.94K)
    Number of downloads: 32
  • Attached File  gw046.jpg (310.47K)
    Number of downloads: 29

User is offline   Garzel 

• The Dragon Artificer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationIn my Library
  • Character:Clockwork
  • Class:Force Master

Posted Nov 17, 2012 - 1:51 PM

I am having so many problems with my computer and internet that I think I am giving up on Guild Wars until I get my new laptop. It's not that far off and my mom said that she and my dad (This is a first for them btw I was so shocked my caught a fly in my mouth) would give me a little boost with my laptop.

I think that the Lost shore was a cool idea but the execution was very poor so I don't think I am going to be missing much for the time being. I have other games I can play while this transaction happens.

I hope ANet learns from there mistake which supposedly happened during Halloween event to so I hope that they can pick themselves up.
Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat”- Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Posted Image
'Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories." - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

• View gallery
  • LocationJamaica

Posted Nov 17, 2012 - 2:13 PM

Nah Halloween event had extremely minor bugs compared to this, think they just had connectivity issues for like the first hour of the event releasing and it wasn't even for everyone. This one though, this one just tripped and fell down the stairs and broke everything, now it's laying there in a pool of it's own filth crying while everyone throws rude words and insults at it. Poor Lost Shores, let me help you up.

User is offline   Seraphy 

• Flower in the Mountain
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Character:Maiya
  • Race:Gon
  • Class:Kung-Fu Master
  • Guild:Thieves Den

Posted Nov 17, 2012 - 5:17 PM

New map is pretty okay. Got there, and pretty sure a guildie and I were the overflow's first to finish the steam geyser puzzle.

User is offline   Zyrusticae 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Character:Aiza
  • Class:Blade Master
  • Guild:NFA

Posted Nov 18, 2012 - 1:16 PM

Don't mind me, I'm just here to FLOOD YOU WITH SCREENSHOTS.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Zyrusticae: Nov 18, 2012 - 3:10 PM

Avid supporter of the Zeitgeist Movement.

• View gallery
  • LocationJamaica

Posted Nov 18, 2012 - 2:00 PM

Zy, your screenshots don't work.
Do you know how that feels? You get me all worked up and then just leave me hanging like this?

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted Nov 18, 2012 - 3:11 PM

Fixed.

Skydrive has let me down! Sigh.

• View gallery
  • LocationJamaica

Posted Nov 18, 2012 - 3:39 PM

Man I want your computer. :adore:

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted Nov 18, 2012 - 7:49 PM

Okay, seriously?

RANDOMLY giving people legendary precursors as rewards for a ONE-TIME EVENT? PLUS other exotics and a 20-slot bag?

I AM PISSED.

WTF, Arenanet?! UGH! ARGH! I can't even begin to explain HOW STUPID this is! GODDAMMIT!

Excuse me while I go flood their forums with bile.

User is offline   Valadhiel 

• Dojo Sensei
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted Nov 18, 2012 - 7:56 PM

You made a new asura, Zyu?

User is offline   Seraphy 

• Flower in the Mountain
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Character:Maiya
  • Race:Gon
  • Class:Kung-Fu Master
  • Guild:Thieves Den

Posted Nov 18, 2012 - 10:31 PM

I missed the last part of the event because I went to go to a dinner with my cousins. A bit annoyed over these one time events, but meh.

User is offline   Garzel 

• The Dragon Artificer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationIn my Library

Posted Nov 18, 2012 - 10:46 PM

RANDOMLY giving people legendary precursors as rewards for a ONE-TIME EVENT? PLUS other exotics and a 20-slot bag?

I wouldn't worry to much about it I bet they will make it craftable and crap like that
Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat”- Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Posted Image
'Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories." - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

User is offline   Tashigi 

• Optimized
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Class:Undecided

Posted Nov 18, 2012 - 10:48 PM

Well, at this point I am likely going to stop at Lv 60.
I really have nothing to push me to explore or level quite frankly. I suppose this just isn't for me, despite all the amazing mechanics and new features.

SPVP was also fun for a while, until around rank 10 or so sadly.
I think I need my MMOG to be more anime or cartooney honestly. The asthetic and design/art of the game is the primary culprit here for me.

This post has been edited by 回し蹴り ★: Nov 18, 2012 - 10:49 PM

User is offline   Garzel 

• The Dragon Artificer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationIn my Library

Posted Nov 18, 2012 - 10:52 PM

Wakfu is a good game that I am trying right now until I get my new laptop. It's F2P with the option to go P2P for $6 a month with his alot better then $15
Posted Image

• View gallery
  • LocationJamaica

Posted Nov 18, 2012 - 10:58 PM

Well look at it this way.
Other MMOs say hey, download this patch and go to this new place.
Guild Wars is download this patch and we'll have a party/story thing that leads you into the new place, even if I miss it I prefer this way.
Given also that exotics are easy to get and it's just a twenty slot box and the back brace exotic you get you can also buy with karka shells I just can't be bothered by the rewards. It was a three day long event, so might as well give out some nice stuff. Don't know about those legendary items, but truly not even bothered.
There is a gear cap and as I've been gearing up the passes few days I realized that I'm spending more time looking for a look than I am looking for stats.

User is offline   Demonare 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationEast Coast
  • Race:Kun
  • Class:Summoner

Posted Nov 18, 2012 - 11:21 PM

Well, I played through the events earlier today that involved the Ancient Karka (I don't know if they did another event after it as I basically stopped playing afterwards). First event where I could party around with my guildies (since they're all higher than me), and it was fun, if tedious at times. Everyone seemed surprised at the chest at the end, but of course the ones present didn't complain. Not everyone got precursors from what I've heard (I know I didn't get any, just the 20-slot bag and an Exotic; another guildie got a bunch of stuff he couldn't use as well). Besides, there're all level 80 and I can't use them for a long while.

As for the Fractals of the Mists dungeons, I kind of wish they didn't scale up lowbies for this, or at least do a better job at it. That was probably my main problem with them, sure I was temporarily level 80, but I didn't have the equipment or traits to back that up, so I spent a lot of my time either plinking away at giant slabs of HP, rezzing fallen party members, or being dead myself. I've also never been able to completed three dungeons in a row: the first two attempts, the game decided to freeze on me and I had no way of getting back to the party while they were in the dungeon. The last time, we ended up in an dungeon that my guildmates apparently considered BS, and when one of them realized what the dungeon boss was (after we were nearing the end), she promptly logged off. So I never saw the "final" treasure chest that indicates an increase in difficulty level.

Right now, I don't think they're worth it, at least not until I get a higher level...

User is offline   Garzel 

• The Dragon Artificer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationIn my Library

Posted Nov 18, 2012 - 11:32 PM

View PostShinaji, on Nov 18, 2012 - 10:58 PM, said:

Well look at it this way.
Other MMOs say hey, download this patch and go to this new place.
Guild Wars is download this patch and we'll have a party/story thing that leads you into the new place, even if I miss it I prefer this way.
Given also that exotics are easy to get and it's just a twenty slot box and the back brace exotic you get you can also buy with karka shells I just can't be bothered by the rewards. It was a three day long event, so might as well give out some nice stuff. Don't know about those legendary items, but truly not even bothered.
There is a gear cap and as I've been gearing up the passes few days I realized that I'm spending more time looking for a look than I am looking for stats.

I think it's more of the fact that they decided to throw gear at people who took part in the events and alot of people who have other things to do then play video games didn't get anything.

I am not bothered at that but I am very bothered that they gave out a LEGENDARY for the people who prolly did nothing but just showed up. All legenderies take alot of gold and alot of time to get everything to make it. Then they decide to throw in a event just because.

If it was a exotic then I wouldn't care because hay it's exotic. It''s not like there isn't alot of them floating around out there but this is LEGENDARY the hardest and most time consuming item to get.
Posted Image

• View gallery
  • LocationJamaica

Posted Nov 18, 2012 - 11:56 PM

I don't think you'll be up-scaled for that dungeon after the event though.
I guess it's because I don't care about legendaries at all. IF I ever get any it'll be the hammer on a guardian and the great sword o a ranger, otherwise no real interest in them. I guess giving them out like that was odd, but meh there will be other events.

I'm more concerned about them avoiding bugs in the next event next month and also possibly lowering the number of people on each overflow to lessen lag issues.

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted Nov 19, 2012 - 12:24 AM

More specifically, they were legendary precursors (ingredient exotics required to build a legendary), all of which go for hundreds of gold on the market. The thing that makes it worse is the fact that only a relatively small percentage of the population got them - meaning some players got rewarded several dozens of times more than everyone else, simply because they rolled better dice.

I take major issue with that. Major issue.

I played this game to get away from Korean RNG BS. Sigh!

View PostValadhiel, on Nov 18, 2012 - 7:56 PM, said:

You made a new asura, Zyu?

Yes. She's an engineer.

I do love just how utterly sly she looks. Like you can't take your eyes off her for a second...

This post has been edited by Zyrusticae: Nov 19, 2012 - 12:25 AM

Share this topic:

• 104 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users