• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • LocationIn my Library
  • Character:Clockwork
  • Race:Lyn
  • Class:Force Master
  • Guild:Slayers' Tower

Posted Nov 09, 2012 - 10:56 PM

How is the WvW on Jade Quarry? Everyone seems to be on that server and my guild is sinking because the 2/3 guild leaders have dissapeared and the 3rd is rarely on at all and dosen't want to set up events and its just lost alot of its activity for how big it is.

And since it seems alot of you are on the Jade Quarry It wouldn't be a bad switch because I will have people I know.
Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat”- Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Posted Image
'Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories." - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

User is offline   Seraphy 

• Flower in the Mountain
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Character:Maiya
  • Race:Gon
  • Class:Kung-Fu Master
  • Guild:Thieves Den

Posted Nov 09, 2012 - 11:25 PM

If you're heading to a T1 WvWvW server, expect to have long queue lines for WvWvW.

User is offline   Shinaji 

• Emperor of Lightning ( 雷帝 뇌제 )
  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderators
  • LocationJamaica
  • Character:Something Cool
  • Race:Jin
  • Class:Assassin

Posted Nov 09, 2012 - 11:27 PM

Sure send me a guild invite, The current Guild Cap is 4 I think so Tashy I'ma hop out of yours since in the other three I got some people I hang with though they are also infrequent, if anything we can insult each other via Whispers and Steam. :)

Well Garzel most of who play on Jade Quarry are inactive, I'm the only real active one, Tashy hops on now and then. I don't see anyone else really.
Sera is always on on her server, I see Manes rather frequently on his server but none of em are on Jade Quarry.

Jade Quarry does pretty great in WvWvW which is a mystery to me and a couple of my friends because the commanders tend to make so many bad calls and rather faulty plans. But Jade Quarry seems to manage to maintain 3rd-ish spot I think.

Well Bohvey it'd be good to hang in your guild I was thinking I'd have to find people to play with that actually enjoy the game haha. Usually play some nights when I can my work schedule is horrible. But Sundays I tend to play hardcore if possible.

User is offline   Tashigi 

• Optimized
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Class:Undecided

Posted Nov 10, 2012 - 12:50 AM

I server hop between Tarnished Coast and Jade Quarry.

User is offline   Garzel 

• The Dragon Artificer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationIn my Library

Posted Nov 10, 2012 - 2:28 PM

Story quests seem easier as a necro then when I was on my Engi. Prolly because the sheer amount of AoE you can dish out but crap man I just did the 1st part of claw island and didn't really break a sweat.

------------------------------

While looking around the Durmand Priory and other places you find that Anet has left ALOT of room for themselves to expand. Like all the gates at are being worked on in Lions arch outside the normal ones that people go to. That the world has not been fully explored and there are continents that have and island that are recorded to have been found but not explored yet.

The fact that parts of the world are not explorable like the Crystal Desert and Woodland Cascades. I wonder how there going to go about adding all of this in. And for those who don't know if you go into the priory there is a sea creature that was found in the Sea Sorrows.

This post has been edited by Garzel: Nov 10, 2012 - 2:28 PM

Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat”- Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Posted Image
'Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories." - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

• View gallery
  • LocationJamaica

Posted Nov 11, 2012 - 8:07 PM

See those one time only events? That's how they'll introduce new content. Probably some big event to help explore the area, defeat something blocking off the area then after then it opens up. That's what they said they'd do anyway. So the Lost shores could be something like that.

Ranger, I just love my Ranger, I got a greatsword on my Ranger and Posted Image

User is offline   Tashigi 

• Optimized
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted Nov 11, 2012 - 11:13 PM

The instances in this game are really boring me honestly.
The chaos of kiting and being hit anyway regardless of how flawless you do everything and the lack of unique reward kinda makes me want to just rush to 80 and stop playing.
Not having a proper LFG tool only adds salt to the injury.

I really think this game is truly great but there are some things that make me go "Really? You thought of all of these awesome mechanics and you do this?".
Oh well. Can't have it all.

• View gallery
  • LocationJamaica

Posted Nov 12, 2012 - 1:38 AM

Warrior is good again, threw on a Great Sword and Healing Signet and now all is well. Banners rock.

User is offline   Garzel 

• The Dragon Artificer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationIn my Library

Posted Nov 12, 2012 - 2:31 AM

I have been playing my necro and funny enough I dropped daggers for what seemd like the biggest damage dealers and went with a staff build. Now I ahve minions that can tank for me while I just pelt marks and watch everything die because OMG AOE EVERYTHING.

My internet was taking a crap today however so I didn't get to play.
Posted Image

• View gallery
  • LocationJamaica

Posted Nov 12, 2012 - 5:25 AM

So I made my Warrior Fierce and I have to say it's the first timeI think I've really noticed BIG changes in how the story lines play out. Characters are actually scared shytless of me weary of me because I killed a dude instead of taking him to prison. So I guess because that route is so blunt compared to others it's more noticeable that it doesn't flow in the typical way that the story in this game seems to flow.
"Prison? What Prison, I'll kill you where you stand! Now fight back, maybe you'll save yourself some dignity."

I'm cold blooded man.

Weapons make a real major difference in play style though because I throw on a great sword and suddenly I love my warrior, where as before I wanted to not touch him anymore.

User is offline   soknife 

• Nas Trevrep
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Locationin your mama

Posted Nov 12, 2012 - 7:44 AM

View Post回し蹴り ★, on Nov 11, 2012 - 11:13 PM, said:

The instances in this game are really boring me honestly.
The chaos of kiting and being hit anyway regardless of how flawless you do everything and the lack of unique reward kinda makes me want to just rush to 80 and stop playing.
Not having a proper LFG tool only adds salt to the injury.

I really think this game is truly great but there are some things that make me go "Really? You thought of all of these awesome mechanics and you do this?".
Oh well. Can't have it all.

many have already said this game felt rushed, and they're probably right

judging from the quality of the story quest, you can tell, as beyond lvl 50 everything starts becoming generic or just plain dull, the major character (trehern...) lacks identity, mechanics of the last quest is boring, logic behind decisions become trivial.

with that said, i still had fun in the last update, and im looking forward to the next SoS update
Posted Image 0.18 km/h

User is offline   Seraphy 

• Flower in the Mountain
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Character:Maiya
  • Race:Gon
  • Class:Kung-Fu Master
  • Guild:Thieves Den

Posted Nov 12, 2012 - 10:40 AM

There's talk of new Ascended armor gear being available in the new update, armor more powerful than exotics. That does not make me happy, if the stats will be higher. I don't want gear grind.

User is offline   Bohvey 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip
  • Character:Bohvey
  • Race:Undecided

Posted Nov 12, 2012 - 12:07 PM

View PostGarzel, on Nov 09, 2012 - 10:56 PM, said:

How is the WvW on Jade Quarry? Everyone seems to be on that server and my guild is sinking because the 2/3 guild leaders have dissapeared and the 3rd is rarely on at all and dosen't want to set up events and its just lost alot of its activity for how big it is.

And since it seems alot of you are on the Jade Quarry It wouldn't be a bad switch because I will have people I know.

Jade Quarry is currently ranked as the number 4 server in WvWvW in North America according to Arena Net. So It's a pretty active server.

Last night I finished my Draconic Armor set. I transmuted the Helm, Shoulders and Gauntlets though. I'm also going to craft a lower level Barbaric set and transmute it with my AC Dungeon set that I'm currently working towards. If you jumped into Jade Quarry you'd be welcome to join my tiny guild, Sleepless Swords. I'm pretty active. Typically I play a minimum of 2 hours each evening and usually it's closer to 4 hours. Once the kids are in bed, Dad games it up :embarrassed:

View PostShinaji, on Nov 12, 2012 - 5:25 AM, said:

So I made my Warrior Fierce and I have to say it's the first timeI think I've really noticed BIG changes in how the story lines play out. Characters are actually scared shytless of me weary of me because I killed a dude instead of taking him to prison. So I guess because that route is so blunt compared to others it's more noticeable that it doesn't flow in the typical way that the story in this game seems to flow.
"Prison? What Prison, I'll kill you where you stand! Now fight back, maybe you'll save yourself some dignity."

I'm cold blooded man.

Weapons make a real major difference in play style though because I throw on a great sword and suddenly I love my warrior, where as before I wanted to not touch him anymore.

Glad you're enjoying your warrior. Which race's story line is that in? I've really enjoyed the story line for my Norn Warrior.
My Warrior is my main, I went with a 0-30-20-0-20 build and I use a Great Sword and a Rifle right now. I find it necessary to evade out and do ranged damage in dungeons and it allows my health to regen. This build gives me pretty good health regen and 50% crit chance. I typically use shouts and signets. I haven't used banners yet. I was thinking of adjusting my build so that my Shouts heal but really don't want to sacrifice my crit chance. I'll have to experiment with it a bit more but the additional survivability would be great as I tend to draw a lot of aggro.

• View gallery
  • LocationJamaica

Posted Nov 12, 2012 - 11:43 PM

Human, Noble who never found sisters body.
That's the story I picked for him.
Ranger is Human Street Rat who always wanted to join the circus.
Thief is human Commoner who never met his parents.
So far those first story lines have been good, I think I may enjoy the circus line the most.
I like the commoner story more than the other two, though the friend for the commoner was just so forgettable compared to the other two, can't really remember a thing about her, but to be fair she wasn't as featured/active in the story as the others. Granted I want to smack Lord Feral upside the head a few times, until he stops talking and/or breathing.

After I finish the the warrior up until it's time to choose a order I'll move on to Asura, played the most of that in Beta and loved the storyline.

Doesn't sound too bad.
Acsended Gear
It's Lower than Legendary and stronger than exotic.

User is offline   Bohvey 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip

Posted Nov 13, 2012 - 11:17 AM

Figures, I finally put together my Epic armor and now they have Ascended...

So you're a big fan of the Humans I see. I actually plan to use each race, I've even created all of the characters already. Though they may be subject to change. I have a Sylvari Thief, Asura Ele, Human (female) Guardian, Charr Ranger. I've leveled them a bit just to see how they play. I'm thinking I may switch the Ranger to my Human and make the Charr my Guardian. I don't like the way a lot of the armors look on Charr.

I changed my build last night on my warrior and my survivability is quite amazing now. I was in a situation that I would have never lived through before. Was doing one of the Skill Challenges in Orr and there was a 2 Risen Vets as well. I thought for sure I was toast but as I continued I ended up beating the 3 then a couple of regular mobs spawned again and I was able to take them as well. It was very satisfying to know that coupled with my build, my evade and well timed shouts and etc. really made a difference.

I still crit pretty often too so I haven't noticed a drop in damage output. I switched to a 20-0-0-30-20 build. So my shouts heal and I have Sweet Revenge from the discipline tree in case I should fall. I also use Wolf Form for Norn's because the number 2 ability has a ton of life steal so when I'm below 10K HP I jump into that and get back up to max. I'm curious about trying some cleric armor and seeing if that would hurt my damage output too much. Another build I was going to try was 20-0-20-30-0 which would give more HP regen based on adrenaline, but I wanted Sweet Revenge since it seemed more viable for solo'ing.

• View gallery
  • LocationJamaica

Posted Nov 14, 2012 - 2:05 AM

Well human is pretty much the only race I can use to fulfil some of my customization needs.
Dislike Norm Male and Charr can suck it. So I'm happy playing any of the other races. But I will make one of every race of course, but Charrs can still suck it.
Asura Guardian
Sylvari Mesmer
Charr Engineer
Female Norn Elementalist.

User is offline   Vile Samael 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Character:Ryang Huan-Yong
  • Class:Summoner

Posted Nov 14, 2012 - 2:09 AM

So this weekend I'll be playing this because my friend gave me and my boyfriend invites for the free weekend dealie. I've heard lots of great stuff and it looks great, and the backstory thing sounds interesting as FUCK because I'm into that kinda shit. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna love this game uvu and if I do my friend's gonna buy it for me as an early birthday present \ovo/
Posted Image

User is offline   Bohvey 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip

Posted Nov 14, 2012 - 3:09 AM

View PostVile Samael, on Nov 14, 2012 - 2:09 AM, said:

So this weekend I'll be playing this because my friend gave me and my boyfriend invites for the free weekend dealie. I've heard lots of great stuff and it looks great, and the backstory thing sounds interesting as FUCK because I'm into that kinda shit. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna love this game uvu and if I do my friend's gonna buy it for me as an early birthday present \ovo/

Sounds like you can't lose on this deal :smooth: Which server will you be jumping into? I already passed out my 3 demo invites as well.

Shinaji, I love the sound of an Asura Guardian... I might have to do that too. I'm also not a big fan of the Charr, I don't really like the way the armor looks on them but I love my Norn Warrior.

Attached File(s)

• Attached File  gw001.jpg (540.62K)
    Number of downloads: 10

• View gallery
  • LocationJamaica

Posted Nov 14, 2012 - 3:36 AM

Awesome looking Norn.

Probably going to keep the armour look I have for now. Not too fond of any of the full sets so I'll be mixing and matching but the hood stays forever.
Will get the Shredder one though for sure. Lol.

Male Medium Exotics

Attached File(s)

• Attached File  gw045.jpg (305.6K)
    Number of downloads: 15

User is offline   Vile Samael 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Character:Ryang Huan-Yong
  • Class:Summoner

Posted Nov 14, 2012 - 10:19 AM

View PostBohvey, on Nov 14, 2012 - 3:09 AM, said:

Sounds like you can't lose on this deal :smooth: Which server will you be jumping into? I already passed out my 3 demo invites as well.

Shinaji, I love the sound of an Asura Guardian... I might have to do that too. I'm also not a big fan of the Charr, I don't really like the way the armor looks on them but I love my Norn Warrior.

My friend says he plays on Henge of Denravi so we're gonna go there uvu
Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 104 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users