• Class:Kung-Fu Master

Posted Mar 20, 2011 - 7:07 AM

I want to see a realy imba fight! :joss_stick:
Duration: 30-40 minutes
Phases: 6-7
Tactics: S*** loads of it

People should know how top play there class or they get killed fast
I want the game to be fun and hard! :big_smile:
Don't take life too seriously. You'll never get out alive!
~Bugs Bunny

User is offline   Hitokiri 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • LocationNew Jersey
  • Character:Battosai
  • Race:Jin
  • Class:Blade Master
  • Guild:Thieves Den

Posted Apr 02, 2011 - 11:45 AM

knowing NCsoft there will be a lot of silly raids that will give u armor parts recipes and what not, maybe once in a while a few whole items, some raids that drop nice whole items and epic raids that spawn once a week or two weeks and drop unique items with unique bonuses which do not stack and the same boss always drops the same item and only 1 item per kill so there will be massive pvp fights fights before the boss for which clan is gonna get to kill it :confident:

User is offline   Wolfie 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationLondon
  • Character:Wolfie
  • Race:Kun

Posted Apr 03, 2011 - 3:18 PM

That sounds fun to be completely honest rofl.
Posted Image
Blessings upon Hazama, King of Trolls.

User is offline   incarnadine 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Race:Undecided
  • Class:Undecided

Posted Apr 13, 2011 - 12:48 AM

From what I've learned about this game so far, it seems that the developers don't desire a healer class mechanic in groups. This makes me think of the group makeups in Monster Hunter. Each person is definitely an integral part of the fight as a means to the end, but each person is responsible for their own survival. Each person needs to coordinate to some extent with everyone else. This healer free design works very well with an action-heavy game like MH, and the boss battles (each monster, essentially) can take a satisfying amount of time to defeat.

In my mind, I envision a raid setting in a martial arts mmo like this: a handful of martial artists with a common goal infiltrate a facility and work their way through corridors, halls, rooms, and such fending off lackeys and henchmen as they encounter more skilled/important people to stop them along the way. It seems fast paced in my head.

Perhaps the big encounters don't have to be a single boss, but perhaps a few bosses to create one encounter. For example, 5 players vs. 3 npcs for a boss encounter. This way, players won't simply focus on maximizing dps or simply holding aggro, but instead focus on surviving and working together.

As far as a 10+ man scale raid, I don't really see anything that would make sense.

User is offline   Kite 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • LocationIn Hyrule
  • Character:Kite
  • Guild:△ Exile △

Posted May 12, 2011 - 6:53 PM

i want some big ass boss raids that allows a fair amount of people to join and they have go through like some sort of fortress or bunker to reach the boss
Posted Image
We're the coolest guys around the town, everybody come and gather around.

User is offline   LightningReborn 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Character:LightningReborn

Posted May 05, 2012 - 12:38 AM

I think it would be cool to see lots of bosses, and a variety of few to large numbers of "trash", depending on the raid.
But key would be for bosses/trash alike to have good AI. Hopefully some legend of zelda type bosses like someone else mentioned? -Plenty of variety of attacks and different bosses requiring a different strategy to take down, not all just requiring you to beat the snot out of them til their hp dwindles. Aggressive trash mobs that dont let you easily skirt around them and know how to work together against the players. Also I like the idea of having some sort of puzzle or other strategy element to the raid besides just combat
:haha:

User is offline   REDSTONE RMT 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Class:Destroyer

Posted May 25, 2012 - 4:09 AM

レッドストーン RMT
REDSTONE RMT
メイプルストーリー RMT
ラテール RMT
イブオンライン RMT

User is offline   Pokki 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • LocationBehind you :3
  • Character:Pokki
  • Race:Lyn

Posted Jun 13, 2012 - 7:35 PM

Be nice if it could be kinda like D3 where you can either solo or have more people joining along the way making the mobs a little stronger per person added so you can just solo it with some difficulty if you want instead of having no choice but to group up with someone you don't know but it wont be ridiculously easy if you do. Would like to see not too much trash and a medium size amount of bosses (due to how long it usually takes to kill bosses in BnS).
Posted Image

User is offline   Mavorpen 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Character:Mavorpen
  • Race:Gon

Posted Jun 21, 2012 - 12:46 AM

I would prefer difficult as apposed to time consuming. In other words, I don't want artificial difficulty because it just takes a long time to complete without any real challenge.

User is offline   Pokki 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • LocationBehind you :3
  • Character:Pokki

Posted Jun 27, 2012 - 3:44 AM

View PostMavorpen, on Jun 21, 2012 - 12:46 AM, said:

I would prefer difficult as apposed to time consuming. In other words, I don't want artificial difficulty because it just takes a long time to complete without any real challenge.

Second that.
Posted Image

User is offline   saintbutters 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip

Posted Jul 21, 2012 - 12:46 AM

I would think medium amount of trash mobs and a few boss monsters. From my experience, that has worked the best.

User is offline   Naresuan 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Character:Naresuan

Posted Sep 25, 2012 - 10:15 PM

View PostKittiara, on May 18, 2010 - 1:36 AM, said:

I like challange too and i hope they make it as painfully difficult as in FF11, the bosses there could literally 1 shot you if you were standing on the wrong side or what not. Anyway, i think that there should be some Tier system like (this is just an example) you kill 4 different element bosses fire, water, earth and wind and get some drops from them (trigger items: eg like crystals or something) which would, when combined and traded to a special place on the world map, let you spawn the 5th element boss. And it would need a full alliance or something to kill, same for the lower tier bosses. ffxi boss system in a nutshell pretty much, and it worked really good and the challange was insane but fun.

This. I played FFXI for about 6 years and WoW for about 5. FFXI was so much more enjoyable because of the vastness and difficulty of the bosses. They were unique. Some you'd do 1 vs 1 and sometimes it took a whole alliance. The variety helped keep it fresh and enjoyable. My most enjoyed raids in WoW were AQ40, SSC, and TK. The rest was pretty easy.

User is offline   Aari 

• Dojo Sensei
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Character:Aari
  • Class:Assassin

Posted Sep 26, 2012 - 10:41 AM

Few Trash in the Dungeond and a higher focus on bosses. Doesnt need to be alot of bosses but they need to vary in tactics and should be really challenging. The harder the better, the more the better (as long as you dont just easy mode grind them)
Posted Image
Click the Picute for a Livestream with B&S and Tera in 1080p
Youtube Channel with BnS Gameplay & Guides

User is offline   Honzo 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip
  • LocationAustralia
  • Character:HonZoMon

Posted Sep 26, 2012 - 9:41 PM

I agree with less trash mobs for sure. Like pull after pull of boring easy ass trash mobs with 100000hp is just silly. Fewer trash pulls that are harder and unique to each section of the dungeon is Imo the way to go.
"I am a shadow, I have no name."

Posted Image

“All of my enemies shall die by this blade.”

User is offline   Kogane 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Character:Kogane
  • Race:Gon

Posted Sep 27, 2012 - 12:35 AM

View PostHonzo, on Sep 26, 2012 - 9:41 PM, said:

I agree with less trash mobs for sure. Like pull after pull of boring easy ass trash mobs with 100000hp is just silly. Fewer trash pulls that are harder and unique to each section of the dungeon is Imo the way to go.

I agree to this.

When I come to a raid I don't come to get bored out of my mind by beefy mobs. I come to experience an epic battle with something big, mean, and angry. I don't mind a little pre-boss battle foreplay but don't lay it on so thick. xD
Posted Image

User is offline   Removed 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip

Posted Sep 27, 2012 - 3:01 PM

I want old school raiding with lots of players in it, but I can't see it happening in a game like B&S. I have a hardtime considering 10-15 players as real raiding.

When it comes to trash, I agree on variety and difficulty over trashpack after trashpack. I would love to see trash like the ones you had in front of twin emperors in WoW, because they required coordination to kill.

This post has been edited by Shaigh: Sep 27, 2012 - 3:01 PM

User is offline   Velad 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip

Posted Sep 29, 2012 - 11:30 PM

So long as it's fun, not a second job, and challenging, I'm happy. WoW raiding (didn't play beyond BC) became pretty much a second job for me, and thus lost a lot of its fun. I'd rather have fun & challenging raids instead of long raids.

This post has been edited by Velad: Sep 29, 2012 - 11:31 PM

User is offline   JemL 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationMéxico

Posted Sep 30, 2012 - 8:56 PM

lots of trash and lots of bosses

User is offline   AegisShi3ld 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • LocationRomania
  • Character:PraetorOfSilence
  • Guild:RoLegion

Posted Oct 23, 2012 - 4:58 PM

Normal Difficulty - Few mobs
- Few bosses
Hard Difficulty - Lots of mobs
- Lots of bosses

Legendary Difficulty - Lots of mobs
- Lots of bosses
-And a Special Boss who can use unique skills,like FM/BM.... skills or something

The way I see raids

This post has been edited by AegisShi3ld: Oct 26, 2012 - 10:24 AM

User is offline   Kitsuni 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip

Posted Nov 08, 2012 - 5:32 PM

Love to have a variety of theme mobs + few bosses (smaller amount of bosses = creative bosses the way I see it) Depends on the map/theme. Include some actual tactic/strategy instead of just hitting a tanky boss for an hour straight without any real strategy. Sounds rather boring having only to press 2-4 buttons in one spot.
Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users