Blade & Soul Dojo: The Soul Party - Behind the Curtain - Blade & Soul Dojo

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Soul Party - Behind the Curtain An official review of Blade & Soul's Soul Party! Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

User is offline   Revast 

• Greetings!
  • View gallery
  • Group: Administrators
  • Character:Revast
  • Race:Jin
  • Class:Assassin

Posted Jan 02, 2011 - 6:46 PM

Hey folks! The holidays are finally over and were officially back with more news!

We apologize for getting this article up so late! This article was translated by Yuan and can be found on Blade & Soul's official Korean site (here). This is just another (official) review of Blade & Soul's Soul Party that took place last month. If you're looking for more on the Soul Party be sure to check out Elimer's review (here)!

Posted Image
Hello Blade & Soul family! As you might have heard we recently had an event where we showed everyone all the content that was not available to the media during G-Star. Not only that, but we had other fun events and gave out some cool prizes as well. It was a blast!

It was unfortunate that we were not able to provide you all the chance to play the content, but have no fear! I will show you the rough sketch of how things went that day.

Preparation of the Soul Party
Since this was our very first event for all of you on the forums, we tried our best to decorate the place and make it look pretty. Let's take a look at the inside first.

Posted Image
Christmas was nearing so we decorated the place with a little Christmas spirit. We got a Christmas tree but it was decorated with Blade & Soul characters. Many people were interested in the decorations and took all the characters that were hung there. So we were very proud!

Posted Image
A blossomed red rose in the middle of a snowy field - A Blade & Soul character decorated on the tree. We later gave these out to all the participants.

Intro to the event as well as a 1v1 PvP demonstration!
Two hosts enter as they lead the event after a short introduction and greeting. Following after that was the Blade & Soul PVP demonstration. As some of you may know balancing and implementing the perfect PVP experience for MMORPG games is really hard. Some will say that the perfect indication of a polished and balanced game is a polished and balanced PvP system. How was the PVP in B&S? It was exciting and thrilling. It was introduced for the first time at the Soul Party.

Posted Image
Two of the best players in the developing team came out and showed us a great PvP match.

Posted Image
Hyung-Tae Kim, the art director of Blade & Soul made a surprise appearance.

Finally, the demo begins!
So it began! Everyone was glued to their screens playing the demo.

Posted Image
I thought I'd take a shot of this group here while they were concentrating hard to get in as much play time as possible!

Lunch time!
It was time to take a break and chow down!

Posted Image
Lunch time was slightly long. It was prepared so people could eat or play depending on what they wanted. Some people asked to take the servers down so they can go eat, else they would never move and starve themselves! Of course when the time actually came everyone got up and started to eat.

Qing Gong race and world exploration with the 100 participants!
Back to the Soul Party's events. The first event was a race. Of course in many games, especially RPGs, just the idea of a race could confuse people. But what if the game was Blade & Soul and the race involved the Qing Gong system? Now you have a clear picture of it all.

This event took place on other maps, good news for those stuck in Bamboo Village or the Forest of the Dead; which were the first two zones you will encounter.

The running is not just pressing NumLock and following the trail. You jump up and run across the skies, and glide down the beautiful water fall. It was something else, quite impressive.

Posted Image
Map of the places you could experience with the Soul Party client. You start at the Abandoned Fisher Village and end at the Valley of Trials.

Posted Image
People were gathering around the Abandoned Fisher Village, where the race started.

Posted Image
It was so crowded! Players are the ones who really make the game lively around the world. It was a tear welling moment for the developers.

Posted Image
Ready, set... Qing Gong!

Posted Image

Posted Image

A beautiful shot of those who were gliding around the map of Dark Swamp Forest.

Posted Image
Not too visible in this shot but it was the highlight of the race, everyone gliding down the waterfall at the same time. We never really told anyone to do this but everyone just jumped and started to glide down. Everyone landed around the area where the Golden Destroyer was placed. It was a little event made to introduce everyone to Blade & Soul's unique traveling mechanic, the Qing Gong. We thank everyone those who participated and used the Qing Gong to its full potential.

The Golden Destroyer event! He is too big to take down alone!
To make it feel like a party we decided to gather everyone for a massive event. After all, that's what MMORPGs are all about. We decided to tweak the Golden Destroyer a bit with a few nerfs so we can use it for this event.

Posted Image
A slight alteration of the Invincible Destroyer, his brother Golden Destroyer.

Posted Image
The Golden Destroyer is designed for groups of 3 or 4 to take it down strategically but since everyone was so new at the game and mostly around level 8, it was hard to take down. This monster was designed for a group of level 10's to take down. Later on the host just said "Everyone must be bored waiting, let's all go in and take it down!" so then the place went nuts.

Posted Image
People were getting knocked out here and there, others were using Chi Meditation to get back into the fight. It looks like everyone is here to just bathe in the waters. I guess a scene like this is only possible in Blade & Soul!

This spontaneous event created by the host really got the crowd going and was probably the most entertaining moment of the party.

A group photo and a surprise PvP match! I Will Avenge My Team!
It felt wrong to just waste your time here with a description so we will just jump right into these photos, they tell the story perfectly!

Posted Image
Everyone on each side dressed in the same clothes, making it easier to tell the two teams apart. Some of them went up on the roof to make themselves stand out.

Posted Image
This group photo kind of looks like a team of pirates.

Posted Image
Even though we said not to use skills, thanks to a certain Force Master; this master piece of was born. Hey, sometimes great inventions are made by mistake!

Posted Image
After the photo time ended the host said "Something amazing will happen once you step out! You can experience PVP!". Before he even finished his sentence everyone ran outside to fight each other.

Posted Image

Posted Image

uploads/1294006880/gallery_2_9_33880.jpg

This is what you call a battlefield! A team of 50 people fought each other in a set of two. We thought it would just be utter chaos but later on you could clearly find those skilled players who took on multiple players by themselves. We were very surprised at how quickly some people learned PvP mechanics.

The Good Bye Tour and Signing
After the PvP event there was a little tour around the Great Desert. We showed those who never got to see the areas for later levels, some truly mystical places. This was where we said goodbye.

Posted Image
After the party, due to many requests we had a quick 'Fan Signature' session with the one and only Hyung-Tae Kim. Hyung-Tae Kim grabbed his own golden marker and gave everyone a signature. He even blew on the signature to make sure it didn't smudge on the papers!

We wanted to host a party, not like a press conference but a get together where we all communicated and enjoyed the game. We were glad everyone enjoyed the party and to be honest we thought real hard about how to bring you a fun and unique event. Overall the party was a success and this party will forever live among the history of Blade & Soul.

For now this is where I say goodbye and hopefully I will come back with more exciting content. Thank you for having interest in Blade & Soul and please keep cheering for us. Thanks!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Twitch - Twitter

Remember to read our Forum Rules before posting!
Have a Blade & Soul related question? Check our FAQ before creating a topic/post.
Found a topic/post that violates our Forum Rules? Use the Report button and we'll deal with it!

User is offline   ThatGuy 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Group: Members
  • Locationunder your bed.
  • Character:kohakaharu
  • Guild:Shadow law :3

Posted Jan 02, 2011 - 6:59 PM

It would be so cool if they would have a soul party in america *cough* Atlanta, G.A :embarrassed:
Things arent always what they seem, you must look deep to find the true meaning.
Posted Image

User is offline   Daire Winterblood 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationIn the cookie jar... eating all of your cookies.
  • Character:Daire
  • Race:Kun
  • Class:Blade Master

Posted Jan 02, 2011 - 7:01 PM

Wonderful. I love how the atmosphere was so positive. It looks like the people really enjoyed themselves, which means that Blade and Soul probably will be all that we're hoping for. Also, the scenery is gorg~eous. I'm going to spend a lot of time just walking through the various regions.

User is offline   SoulBlitz 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Character:SoulBlitz
  • Guild:Thieves Den

Posted Jan 02, 2011 - 7:03 PM

Love this so much. Now I cant wait for this game even more. Thanks yaun for translating. I hope quin gong is super fun. When I get in-game, I am going to race everyone in the thieves Den. :big_smile:
Posted Image

User is offline   Tsubasa 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • LocationVirginia USA
  • Character:Tsubasa
  • Class:Force Master
  • Guild:Lotus

Posted Jan 02, 2011 - 7:07 PM

haha Im looking foward to the racing thing in blade and soul. Sounds like fun. I WANT AN ORNAMENT! lol
Posted Image

User is offline   Abao 

• Dojo Prefect
  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderators
  • LocationGainesville, FL
  • Character:Abao
  • Race:Gon

Posted Jan 02, 2011 - 7:20 PM

LOL @ flying panda in the last screenshot.
머리가 지운 것을심장이 기억한다
Posted ImageRemember to read our Forum Rules before posting!
Have a Blade & Soul related question? Check our FAQ before creating a topic/post.
Found a topic/post that violates our Forum Rules? Use the Report button and we'll deal with it!

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted Jan 02, 2011 - 7:30 PM

Since that destroyer has a hammer, does that mean destroyers have hammers as a weapon........Ghastly.........
Posted Image

User is offline   Shinaji 

• Emperor of Lightning ( 雷帝 뇌제 )
  • View gallery
  • LocationJamaica
  • Character:Something Cool
  • Guild:Slayers' Tower

Posted Jan 02, 2011 - 7:42 PM

Oh I'm going to Qing Gong race as soon as I get in the game. I particularly love that picture with everyone gliding off the water fall.

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • LocationVirginia USA

Posted Jan 02, 2011 - 7:43 PM

View PostSoulBlitz, on Jan 02, 2011 - 7:30 PM, said:

Since that destroyer has a hammer, does that mean destroyers have hammers as a weapon........Ghastly.........

NOOO now ghastly will explode lol
Posted Image

User is offline   Sosul 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Character:Sosul
  • Class:Kung-Fu Master

Posted Jan 02, 2011 - 7:55 PM

whoa^^ gotta <3 the spirit the devteam has to set up this kind of event. Maybe...one day,,, itll be the western spirit aswell *fingers crossed* :joss_stick:
srry peeps still working on a new signature

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • LocationVirginia USA

Posted Jan 02, 2011 - 7:57 PM

if its anything like the NA Aion team then.......i highly doubt that.....-.-
Posted Image

User is offline   Ghastly 

• Large Hammer Master - 槌
  • View gallery
  • LocationIn a swamp!
  • Class:Destroyer

Posted Jan 02, 2011 - 7:58 PM

Thanks for the amazing translation Revast and Yuan! The Soul Party was an amazing event!

Those images proves that the game will be a true MMORPG. Loving the pvp there and the race looks super fun. I know I'll be doing a lot of that since I hate mounts.

Amazing graphics, this game truly challenges what an mmo can look like.
Hyung-Tae Kim's the man, seriously really down to Earth and friendly.

Oh snap! Dark Swamp Forest

View PostSoulBlitz, on Jan 02, 2011 - 7:30 PM, said:

It better be! It's CLEAR AS DAY THAT THE DESTROYER CAN USE HAMMERS! No need to make new animations or even alter the damage. If that "Golden Destroyer" can use it, so can we!

View PostTsubasa, on Jan 02, 2011 - 7:43 PM, said:

NOOO now ghastly will explode lol

Did the first time I saw it (couple weeks back) :yes:
Posted ImageRemember to read our Forum Rules before posting!

User is offline   Askura 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Character:Askura

Posted Jan 02, 2011 - 8:16 PM

Thank you Yuan and Revast =]

User is offline   Holloow 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Character:Holloow
  • Race:Undecided
  • Class:Destroyer

Posted Jan 02, 2011 - 8:45 PM

Hello everyone i m new into this forum even if i follow all the Blade and Soul stuff ........... i like it very mutch like u all ; and i hope they will fix a date for the release as sooner as possible cause this game is exactly what i was looking for.............(i hope they will release also for europe) .

Thanks for the article translation, u are the best site that talk about this awesome game.

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted Jan 02, 2011 - 9:16 PM

View PostGhastly, on Jan 02, 2011 - 7:58 PM, said:

Thanks for the amazing translation Revast and Yuan! The Soul Party was an amazing event!

Those images proves that the game will be a true MMORPG. Loving the pvp there and the race looks super fun. I know I'll be doing a lot of that since I hate mounts.

Amazing graphics, this game truly challenges what an mmo can look like.
Hyung-Tae Kim's the man, seriously really down to Earth and friendly.

Oh snap! Dark Swamp Forest

It better be! It's CLEAR AS DAY THAT THE DESTROYER CAN USE HAMMERS! No need to make new animations or even alter the damage. If that "Golden Destroyer" can use it, so can we!

Did the first time I saw it (couple weeks back) :yes:

If they do it'll be super sick!!
Posted Image

User is offline   Aeryn 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Race:Kun
  • Class:Undecided

Posted Jan 02, 2011 - 9:35 PM

Thank you so much for your hard work! I am so very JEALOUS I could not attend such an event.

Please...Please...Please keep it coming :big_smile:
I will bring pleasure to your eyes and fear to your heart.

Posted Image

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted Jan 03, 2011 - 6:17 AM

I hope quin gong evolves through the levels.
Posted Image

User is offline   MasterLee 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip
  • LocationIn ya face!
  • Character:Aki
  • Class:Kung-Fu Master
  • Guild:Damn-recruit-me-!-:D

Posted Jan 03, 2011 - 8:32 AM

This lvl 10 ( 10! ) Golden Destroyer boss is just amazing, the art looks great, I hope these sort of events will also occur on the Na/Eu servers....just epic.....
Qing Gong ftw!
Posted Image

http://sig.gamerdna....L/MasterLee.png

Don’t think....FEEL. It is like a finger pointing to the moon. Do not concentrate on the finger or you will miss all that heavenly glory…you understand?
Enter the Dragon

G-Star 2010 Q&A segment
Jae-Hyun Bae: Bots are a result of repetitive play. Bots happen because the player goes through boring repetitive gameplay and they don't feel like doing it. I assure you, Blade & Soul will never run out of content to make the players feel bored while they play. Also, this title will not be a repetitive grindfest game

User is offline   Garzel 

• The Dragon Artificer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationIn my Library
  • Character:Clockwork
  • Race:Lyn
  • Guild:Slayers' Tower

Posted Jan 03, 2011 - 11:51 PM

>PvP demo and no video of it

WANT PVP SHOWING NAO :canny:
Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat”- Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Posted Image
'Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories." - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • LocationVirginia USA

Posted Jan 04, 2011 - 1:44 AM

View PostGarzel, on Jan 03, 2011 - 11:51 PM, said:

>PvP demo and no video of it

WANT PVP SHOWING NAO :canny:

im pretty sure there they did show one tho..wasnt it lyn blade master vs a kung fu master or somethin like that 1v1
Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users