• View gallery
  • Group: Moderators
  • LocationJamaica
  • Character:Something Cool
  • Race:Jin
  • Class:Assassin
  • Guild:Slayers' Tower

Posted Dec 26, 2010 - 1:02 AM

Now I know a lot of people are looking for a well enough F2P MMO to play during their wait. I was too myself when I stumbled on this website.
MMOHut

They have reviews on pretty much every F2P MMO out there. The guy that does the reviews so far seems pretty levelheaded about it. Which is kinda sad when I think that I can't find a reviewer like that for P2P games. This guy reviews the game, if he finds something he doesn't like he doesn't pick it up like a white flag and wave it around to try and get laughs and views. He discusses the good points and bad points and rolls on with the review. Except ColdTurkey maybe, but he doesn't do reviews he does commentary on games he plays.
Disclaimer: I don't particularly agree with some of his ideas as to how MMOs should work.

Anyway here is a list of his pick for best 10 MMOS. The list speaks to 2009 and early 2010 I beleive so don't get mad if the newer ones aren't there. Also it's his personal opinion. So don't get mad at that either.

As I side note I used this list, because I was looking for a Action MMO.
MMOHut's Top 5 Best Action MMORPGs

I had already picked up Divine Souls before I found this, Lunia does interest me. I want to play Vindictus but the bastards and their region lock.... wonder if they will open a Caribbean server. :/

User is online   Ghastly 

• Large Hammer Master - 槌
  • View gallery
  • LocationIn a swamp!
  • Race:Gon
  • Class:Destroyer
  • Guild:Thieves Den

Posted Dec 26, 2010 - 1:31 AM

I gotta try out that Dungeon Fighter Online :laugh:
BIG fan of 2D beat 'em ups like Final Fight and Streets of Rage. If this is anything like that (probably more like Golden Axe) I will love this to death.

Will share my views on the guy's youtube review later.

So far, for me the best "recent" f2p I've played is Heroes of Three Kingdons :laugh:
If a game doesn't have a class I can relate to then it's not good for me. Weapons and class is what makes/breaks an mmorpg for me. That's why I can't get myself to get too into Vindictus, the classes at the moment are lacking, imo.

By the way Shinaji, right forum? ;)
Posted ImageRemember to read our Forum Rules before posting!
Have a Blade & Soul related question? Check our FAQ before creating a topic/post.
Found a topic/post that violates our Forum Rules? Use the Report button and we'll deal with it!

User is offline   Shinaji 

• Emperor of Lightning ( 雷帝 뇌제 )
  • View gallery
  • LocationJamaica

Posted Dec 26, 2010 - 1:44 AM

View PostGhastly, on Dec 26, 2010 - 1:31 AM, said:

Oh Gawd I'm still drunk on Rum cake!
Lol sorry I just woke up.. I fix right now.
:joss_stick:

I edited in a disclaimer. But I'm repeating.
I don't particularly agree with some of his ideas as to how MMOs should work but he still gives good reviews for me so far.

User is offline   Arec 

• 멋대로인
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Members
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Character:Arec
  • Race:Lyn
  • Class:Blade Master

Posted Dec 26, 2010 - 2:08 AM

makes me want to try perfect world online.
Live Streamer at ArecArws LIVE STREAM!
Watch BnS Videos at MYYOUTUBE CHANNEL!

User is offline   Yuan 

• 형이야
  • View gallery
  • Group: Translator
  • Character:Yuan

Posted Dec 26, 2010 - 2:24 AM

View PostGhastly, on Dec 26, 2010 - 1:31 AM, said:

I gotta try out that Dungeon Fighter Online :laugh:
BIG fan of 2D beat 'em ups like Final Fight and Streets of Rage. If this is anything like that (probably more like Golden Axe) I will love this to death.

Will share my views on the guy's youtube review later.

So far, for me the best "recent" f2p I've played is Heroes of Three Kingdons :laugh:
If a game doesn't have a class I can relate to then it's not good for me. Weapons and class is what makes/breaks an mmorpg for me. That's why I can't get myself to get too into Vindictus, the classes at the moment are lacking, imo.

Korea's got an e-sport for Dungeon Fighter Online...but then again what game doesn't Korea turn in to E-sports? Haha.
Slayers' Tower currently recruiting!

User is online   Ghastly 

• Large Hammer Master - 槌
  • View gallery
  • LocationIn a swamp!
  • Class:Destroyer

Posted Dec 26, 2010 - 3:02 AM

lol, what do they do in it? Like "Clear a level in less than 10 minutes without healing" and stuff like that? Sorry not so familiar with e-sports in mmos. But I bet it's hilarious
Posted ImageRemember to read our Forum Rules before posting!
Have a Blade & Soul related question? Check our FAQ before creating a topic/post.
Found a topic/post that violates our Forum Rules? Use the Report button and we'll deal with it!

User is offline   kilich 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted Dec 26, 2010 - 5:05 AM

No, DFO tourneys are the PVP part. You should search for English commented matches, that was fun.

User is offline   DarkWish 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationRomania
  • Class:Undecided

Posted Dec 26, 2010 - 5:53 AM

View PostShinaji, on Dec 26, 2010 - 1:02 AM, said:

I had already picked up Divine Souls before I found this, Lunia does interest me.

You might want to reconsider your pick on Divine Souls if you dont want to get disappointed later on with the game. I plaid it since first beta ( lvl 42 1st beta and lvl 12 second beta ) and now in OB i quited at lvl 7.

Remember the rules.
FAQ

Posted Image

User is offline   eyeshield182 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip
  • LocationSão Paulo, Brazil
  • Class:Kung-Fu Master

Posted Dec 26, 2010 - 8:57 AM

currently I'm playing the brazilian version of Allods online ^_^
Posted Image

futurely female Gon Kung fu Master ^_^ v

• View gallery
  • LocationJamaica

Posted Dec 26, 2010 - 3:58 PM

View PostDarkWish, on Dec 26, 2010 - 5:53 AM, said:

You might want to reconsider your pick on Divine Souls if you dont want to get disappointed later on with the game. I plaid it since first beta ( lvl 42 1st beta and lvl 12 second beta ) and now in OB i quited at lvl 7.

What exactly disappointed you about it?
So far I'm having fun playing with the Combo system and just generally hopping into an instance and bashing some things for a while. It's only a side show mind you, my main game is Aion but on occasion I take some time from my main MMO to play something else, to develop the longing for the main again. Or just change in pace. OR simply to try something new with this I'm trying to get used to Action combat because honestly I haven't played a ton load of action games. Only console I got is NES.

User is offline   ThatGuy 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Locationunder your bed.
  • Character:kohakaharu
  • Guild:Shadow law :3

Posted Dec 26, 2010 - 4:31 PM

XD my friends parents met from playing maplestory o.o i guess they got busay :embarrassed:
Things arent always what they seem, you must look deep to find the true meaning.
Posted Image

User is offline   DarkWish 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationRomania
  • Class:Undecided

Posted Dec 26, 2010 - 4:45 PM

View PostShinaji, on Dec 26, 2010 - 3:58 PM, said:

What exactly disappointed you about it?
So far I'm having fun playing with the Combo system and just generally hopping into an instance and bashing some things for a while. It's only a side show mind you, my main game is Aion but on occasion I take some time from my main MMO to play something else, to develop the longing for the main again. Or just change in pace. OR simply to try something new with this I'm trying to get used to Action combat because honestly I haven't played a ton load of action games. Only console I got is NES.

Well i guess thats the right way to describe divine souls... a side game to play.
The most disappointing things are Lag and the fatigue system.
There is no escape for me... i allways end up having lag anytime when im in a party or pvp, and since my net is fine most of the time all the fault goes on the game.

Remember the rules.
FAQ

Posted Image

• View gallery
  • LocationJamaica

Posted Dec 26, 2010 - 5:22 PM

Hmm I see. I haven't had any lag issues so far.
No problem with the fatigue system. I don't play it that long. But once fatigue runs out PvP to get more. So I don't think that would bother me being as I love some PvP.
But yeah these games that are heavily instanced I regard as side games.

User is offline   Sosul 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Character:Sosul
  • Class:Kung-Fu Master

Posted Dec 26, 2010 - 6:31 PM

View PostShinaji, on Dec 26, 2010 - 1:02 AM, said:

I had already picked up Divine Souls before I found this, Lunia does interest me. I want to play Vindictus but the bastards and their region lock.... wonder if they will open a Caribbean server. :/

I've played lunia for quite some time, the gameplay is pretty easy to pick up. After you have come up with some combinations of certain skills itll get a lot easier aswell (i've spend hours and days practicing on dummy's xD). The ability of being able to chain all sorts of skills really got me hooked up.

My overall view is that i wouldnt play the game anymore, based on these points:

Small community
there are hardly any people playing this game.

Endgame(which can be achieved within a week) is prettymuch random farming items/gear and endless upgrading of gear (which comes with a insane amount of real life cash)
After you have reached lvl 70 twice you are able to enter certain area's which consists of killing major bosses for some items. Downside to this is you are most likely with 4 people. The boss drops a box which is then randomly divided between the 4 people (i ended up getting no box for about 10-20 runs). This box has a really low percentage of giving armor, so in the end its really depressing doing an instance of 5-15minutes each time seeing no result (atleast it was for me).

Real life cash game
This is what got me off the most. People that invest even small amounts of money can easily become one of the " best" *cough* players.
basicly you can unlock special features for armors by grading them. when you have a grade you dont like, you can just regrade it through irl cash till u have xxxx ammount of damage added.

BUTBUTBUT
lets not get too depressed about this game, there are some positive sides

The character diversity is pretty big. Altho you have to pay for some of the characters you are still able to play atleast 5-7 characters (dont really remember) with each their own skills. It can give you quite some gametime trying them all.

This post has been edited by Sosul: Dec 26, 2010 - 6:32 PM

srry peeps still working on a new signature

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users