User is offline   Ceciel 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • LocationCanada
  • Character:Litasyl Colette
  • Class:Undecided

Posted Mar 31, 2013 - 4:29 PM

Personally the whole point of VRMMORPGs is I get to essentially live as another person in another world. As stated above I want to feel the world, for example when I'm bouncing off walls I want to feel the wind on my face and the the rush of adrenaline you get when you're active. Not to rain on anyone's parade (I feel like I'm raining on my own), I honestly don't know if technology can achieve everything to create "true VRMMORPGs". Certainly, the creation of VRMMORPGs would be a milestone in human history and we only get their by taking baby steps but I'll believe it when I see it. Maybe everyone can get rich and fund the VR research haha ;D
Posted Image
"If you wanna enjoy life, then push your horizons out as far as they'll go - because the world ends with you."
-S.H. The World Ends with You

User is offline   Wist 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip
  • Race:Jin
  • Class:Blade Master

Posted Mar 31, 2013 - 4:47 PM

View PostCeciel, on Mar 31, 2013 - 4:29 PM, said:

Personally the whole point of VRMMORPGs is I get to essentially live as another person in another world. As stated above I want to feel the world, for example when I'm bouncing off walls I want to feel the wind on my face and the the rush of adrenaline you get when you're active. Not to rain on anyone's parade (I feel like I'm raining on my own), I honestly don't know if technology can achieve everything to create "true VRMMORPGs". Certainly, the creation of VRMMORPGs would be a milestone in human history and we only get their by taking baby steps but I'll believe it when I see it. Maybe everyone can get rich and fund the VR research haha ;D

To get what you (and practically any VR enthusiast) are truly after, the technology would have to exist that could manipulate the electric signals going to our brains. This might seem extremely far off now, but once the human brain has been understood to a greater degree, I can't see why this couldn't eventually be possible. Just a matter of time. How long is anyone's guess.

Now, going off topic a little ... if it was theoretically possible to do what I describe: placing us in a virtual world that is so realistic you couldn't tell it apart from the original (we would of course want true immersion right?), who's to say that this world isn't VR, and we're not all just playing a permadeath game which we will wake up from upon death. :pokeeyesout:
Posted Image
In ToA, no one lives forever

Trials of Ascension, the once highly-anticipated MMORPG, is in limited development and YOU can help!

Are you game?

User is offline   Ceciel 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip
  • LocationCanada
  • Character:Litasyl Colette

Posted Mar 31, 2013 - 4:54 PM

View PostWist, on Mar 31, 2013 - 4:47 PM, said:

To get what you (and practically any VR enthusiast) are truly after, the technology would have to exist that could manipulate the electric signals going to our brains. This might seem extremely far off now, but once the human brain has been understood to a greater degree, I can't see why this couldn't eventually be possible. Just a matter of time. How long is anyone's guess.

Now, going off topic a little ... if it was theoretically possible to do what I describe: placing us in a virtual world that is so realistic you couldn't tell it apart from the original (we would of course want true immersion right?), who's to say that this world isn't VR, and we're not all just playing a permadeath game which we will wake up from upon death. :pokeeyesout:

It probably IS just a matter of time, but it seems so far off that it appears to be impossible ;o;

INCEPTION. I read a book few years ago where VR was perfected, and the entire population deserted reality to live in another world. The society eventually crumbled because nobody was there to maintain it. Maybe I'm just too paranoid for my own good, but I worry. Next thing you know, they'll be inventing machines to turn virtual objects into solid, physical objects like in Katekyo Hitman Reborn.

This post has been edited by Ceciel: Mar 31, 2013 - 9:14 PM

Posted Image
"If you wanna enjoy life, then push your horizons out as far as they'll go - because the world ends with you."
-S.H. The World Ends with You

User is offline   Wist 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip

Posted Mar 31, 2013 - 5:03 PM

View PostCeciel, on Mar 31, 2013 - 4:54 PM, said:

It probably IS just a matter of time, but it seems so far off that it appears to be impossible ;o;

INCEPTION. I read a book few years ago where VR was achieved, and the entire population deserted reality to live in another world. The society eventually crumbled because nobody was there to maintain it. Maybe I'm just too paranoid for my own good, but I worry. Next thing you know, they'll be inventing machines to turn virtual objects into solid, physical objects like in Katekyo Hitman Reborn.

Yeah that's the problem. If we manage to control what we see/feel/taste/touch to such a degree, we would likely make a world exponentially more enjoyable/satisfying than this one.

"a perfect human world. Where none suffered. Where everyone would be happy" (Agent Smith, The Matrix).

It's probably a valid worry ... but maybe not for our generation ^^ We'll see anyway.
Posted Image
In ToA, no one lives forever

Trials of Ascension, the once highly-anticipated MMORPG, is in limited development and YOU can help!

Are you game?

User is offline   Katsumi 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Character:Katsumi

Posted Apr 04, 2013 - 10:34 PM

I've informed myself about the topic of VRMMORPGs too recently, and I've heard and read from a few sources that a prototype of full dive technology could already be available in about 20 years, IF the game developers are looking into it and investing in it. Personally, I'd love to see some technology similar to the NerveGear in the future. Though what I fear is, that when they will finally release a prototype, I won't be interested anymore.

It would be nice to have, but very unlikely, if you could throttle some of your thoughts in the VR, so you could change your age ingame to teenager-age again without you knowing that you're actually ~ 35-40 years old in the real world. But as I've already said, this is very unlikely (unfortunately).

Occulus Rift certainly is a step in the right direction, though there is still a long way to go. Until we reach a point, where the VR games feel like "dreams", fans of SAO won't be satisfied. With dreams I mean, that you can sit/lie still in the real world, but still being able to move, touch, smell, taste and hear everything in the virtual reality like it is when you are in a dream like state, while being connected to a social network and different servers to be able to experience this "dream" with others. Just like the matrix.

The more you think about it, the more unlikely the whole thing gets, however. Of course, we couldn't imagine that everyone would possess computers and mobile phones as we do it now some decades ago, but I think you can't compare VR games with electronic devices, really. Computers work with algorithms, objects, scripts, binary code and these sort of things. It's different with our body. Even if there is a little electricity flowing through our nerves and brain, it will still be a long way until we develop a platform that can convert brain signals into binary code and back for actual input for our brain. The whole idea seems just ridicoulus. Even if I'm crushing my own dream with it, there's no reason for being that optimistic. I am aware that we've developed astounding things already, that converts brain signals into actual orders, but the difficult part will be to turn this whole thing around, that something can give us input, instead of us giving output.

I have no doubts, that somewhere in the future, a system like SAO will exist, but we will have to leave that to our grand children.

Alright, I've already written enough. Sorry for this wall of text, maybe I'll edit a part here and there later.

User is offline   Solmagnum 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Class:Kung-Fu Master

Posted Apr 05, 2013 - 11:47 PM

View PostKatsumi, on Apr 04, 2013 - 10:34 PM, said:

I've informed myself about the topic of VRMMORPGs too recently, and I've heard and read from a few sources that a prototype of full dive technology could already be available in about 20 years, IF the game developers are looking into it and investing in it. Personally, I'd love to see some technology similar to the NerveGear in the future. Though what I fear is, that when they will finally release a prototype, I won't be interested anymore.

It would be nice to have, but very unlikely, if you could throttle some of your thoughts in the VR, so you could change your age ingame to teenager-age again without you knowing that you're actually ~ 35-40 years old in the real world. But as I've already said, this is very unlikely (unfortunately).

Occulus Rift certainly is a step in the right direction, though there is still a long way to go. Until we reach a point, where the VR games feel like "dreams", fans of SAO won't be satisfied. With dreams I mean, that you can sit/lie still in the real world, but still being able to move, touch, smell, taste and hear everything in the virtual reality like it is when you are in a dream like state, while being connected to a social network and different servers to be able to experience this "dream" with others. Just like the matrix.

The more you think about it, the more unlikely the whole thing gets, however. Of course, we couldn't imagine that everyone would possess computers and mobile phones as we do it now some decades ago, but I think you can't compare VR games with electronic devices, really. Computers work with algorithms, objects, scripts, binary code and these sort of things. It's different with our body. Even if there is a little electricity flowing through our nerves and brain, it will still be a long way until we develop a platform that can convert brain signals into binary code and back for actual input for our brain. The whole idea seems just ridicoulus. Even if I'm crushing my own dream with it, there's no reason for being that optimistic. I am aware that we've developed astounding things already, that converts brain signals into actual orders, but the difficult part will be to turn this whole thing around, that something can give us input, instead of us giving output.

I have no doubts, that somewhere in the future, a system like SAO will exist, but we will have to leave that to our grand children.

Alright, I've already written enough. Sorry for this wall of text, maybe I'll edit a part here and there later.

Too depressing man. Here I'll share this with you, http://www.cryonics.org/ you can't just be pessimistic like that and give up.

User is offline   DayBreeze 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Character:DayBreeze

Posted Apr 06, 2013 - 12:11 AM

View PostKatsumi, on Apr 04, 2013 - 10:34 PM, said:

yea this is thinking realistically. the whole idea of full dive is very cool, as well as VERY RISKY. we just don't know what could happen if you cut off our real senses, and connect our brain to fake senses..... and i sure as hell won't be the guinea pig to test and see the side effects.

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip

Posted Apr 06, 2013 - 11:04 AM

View PostSolmagnum, on Apr 05, 2013 - 11:47 PM, said:

Too depressing man. Here I'll share this with you, http://www.cryonics.org/ you can't just be pessimistic like that and give up.

Wow. Honestly, this is really impressive. If they manage to preserve a living (or better, not completely dead) body, then maybe you could be connected to a VR all the time and live your life eternally there again.

Though I see one problem. I see immensive costs in that regard. Also, if this would be made available to the common human, then where would we 'store' our beloved ones? I mean, you cannot bury these persons as they are not completely dead yet, and to bury them within this specific cooling box would be kind of cruel and ironic. So, we need more space to store them. And even if we could manage that, then what would happen if you could transform all these persons back to youth and health? The earth's population would increase dramatically over just a few decades. Would there be enough food for everyone? We are already selfish enough not to help the Africans, so there'd be a major problem in this regard. And if you could manage the food situation, then no one would be able to find a job anymore. And if you could manage that, also, then cars would need to be illegalized and destroyed, as they would take too much space. New laws must be invented for public transport. There are just so many problems connected to that I can't even enumerate.

tl;dr - preserving almost dead persons for a long amount of time and then restoring them to youth and health would be too much of a problem (imagine if every family would do that) due to the sudden and immensive increase of the earths population.

Sorry, I may sound pessimistic and sometimes even depressed, because I try not to see through rose-tinted spectacles... sorry.

This post has been edited by Katsumi: Apr 06, 2013 - 11:06 AM

User is offline   Boseiai 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip
  • LocationLondon
  • Class:Assassin

Posted Apr 06, 2013 - 11:54 AM

View PostSolmagnum, on Apr 05, 2013 - 11:47 PM, said:

Impressive but, just like there's a Yin for a Yang, birth exists with death. The shadows exist because there is light. Etc. It's all a natural process. Something like this may become an epidemic in the future.
Posted Image

User is offline   CellularTheory 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip
  • LocationUSA, Georgia

Posted Apr 06, 2013 - 3:33 PM

Damn i was just excited for the Rift now you guys are talking about freezing people :P haha.

@Katsumi "Until we reach a point, where the VR games feel like "dreams", fans of SAO won't be satisfied."
Maybe to some degree but i think most SAO fans would love anything remotely close to SAO. id be overjoyed for a game with a perma death system and no "queue for X" buttons haha i want a game like WoW used to be where there was a social structure and people knew each other around the realm and there was a sense of if i act like a dick these people aren't going to want to play with me again lmao. then Trust/Friendship would be an actual role in a game. but i guess that's just me being mushy.

Also a MMO designed around the sole purpose of being played with the RIFT would be amazing :D sure we dont really have a way to use your arms to swing your weapon/cast a spell but i think a MMO that was built from the ground up with first person being the only view would be wonderful.

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip

Posted Apr 06, 2013 - 6:48 PM

View PostCellularTheory, on Apr 06, 2013 - 3:33 PM, said:

Damn i was just excited for the Rift now you guys are talking about freezing people :P haha.

@Katsumi "Until we reach a point, where the VR games feel like "dreams", fans of SAO won't be satisfied."
Maybe to some degree but i think most SAO fans would love anything remotely close to SAO. id be overjoyed for a game with a perma death system and no "queue for X" buttons haha i want a game like WoW used to be where there was a social structure and people knew each other around the realm and there was a sense of if i act like a dick these people aren't going to want to play with me again lmao. then Trust/Friendship would be an actual role in a game. but i guess that's just me being mushy.

Also a MMO designed around the sole purpose of being played with the RIFT would be amazing :D sure we dont really have a way to use your arms to swing your weapon/cast a spell but i think a MMO that was built from the ground up with first person being the only view would be wonderful.

I didn't mean to imply that the whole thing was happening alone in your head without anyone being able to interact. I just wanted to describe the state your body is in, so to speak, unable to move with your real body but being able to move and do all sorts of things in this virtual reality to which others can connect to and experience 'the same dream'. That was what I intentionally meant. Sorry if "dream" was bad word to describe it.

A perma death system would be a killer for this game. Why even try to play this game and raid with others (your friends), when you can die at any raid boss and you'd have to start all over again? And if you were to survive, seeing your friends "die" will never be a nice experience, even if it would just be a virtual character. In addition, this one guy had to level up all over again without you probably. It's... just a bad idea, I think. Sorry.

And about "sure we dont really have a way to use your arms to swing your weapon/cast a spell" - maybe you want to watch this:

I think at the time it is possible to link your body to a virtual reality system, swinging your swords and casting spells will be possible as well.

EDIT: Was just experiencing something, don't know how to embed the video into my post. Maybe someone could help me.
EDIT2: Okay, got the video embedded. Thanks, CellularTheory.

This post has been edited by Katsumi: Apr 07, 2013 - 7:47 AM

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip

Posted Apr 06, 2013 - 8:08 PM

View PostKatsumi, on Apr 06, 2013 - 11:04 AM, said:

Wow. Honestly, this is really impressive. If they manage to preserve a living (or better, not completely dead) body, then maybe you could be connected to a VR all the time and live your life eternally there again.

Though I see one problem. I see immensive costs in that regard. Also, if this would be made available to the common human, then where would we 'store' our beloved ones? I mean, you cannot bury these persons as they are not completely dead yet, and to bury them within this specific cooling box would be kind of cruel and ironic. So, we need more space to store them. And even if we could manage that, then what would happen if you could transform all these persons back to youth and health? The earth's population would increase dramatically over just a few decades. Would there be enough food for everyone? We are already selfish enough not to help the Africans, so there'd be a major problem in this regard. And if you could manage the food situation, then no one would be able to find a job anymore. And if you could manage that, also, then cars would need to be illegalized and destroyed, as they would take too much space. New laws must be invented for public transport. There are just so many problems connected to that I can't even enumerate.

tl;dr - preserving almost dead persons for a long amount of time and then restoring them to youth and health would be too much of a problem (imagine if every family would do that) due to the sudden and immensive increase of the earths population.

Sorry, I may sound pessimistic and sometimes even depressed, because I try not to see through rose-tinted spectacles... sorry.

Well, leaving the topic of vrmmo for a bit, this method is not 100% guaranteed. They have options for you to store yourselves with your loved ones, people have even gone with their pets. While this method exists, it's not something many people do, so even if everyone that has done it gets revived, almost no issue in space would be made. And again, this is a small light of hope of being able to live longer. You always have possible issues like the place shutting down due to insufficient funds, war, economy, and a whole other things they mention in their page. There are other institutions too and the method of either storing your whole body or just your head to conserve it and hopefully restore your body with cloning in the future.

And on a more personal note

View PostBoseiai, on Apr 06, 2013 - 11:54 AM, said:

Impressive but, just like there's a Yin for a Yang, birth exists with death. The shadows exist because there is light. Etc. It's all a natural process. Something like this may become an epidemic in the future.

This is something I can't accept as natural. It might sound a bit strong, but why the hell should I accept my death so easily? I actually find it a bit disgusting. Just yesterday when I was coming home from university, I passed by a cemetery and they had this huge colorful sign basically saying "We have more space now! Be sure to be prepared and reserve yours!" I was almost sick reading that. How can people accept this? was all I could think. How can they accept death enough to not be disturbed with this and not even try and live. I'm not saying it's possible, even if I believe it is, it hasn't been proven. But to just lay down and accept it, I just can't process that.

But enough about that, hopefully vrmmo's come soon lmao.

This post has been edited by Solmagnum: Apr 06, 2013 - 8:18 PM

User is offline   CellularTheory 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip
  • LocationUSA, Georgia

Posted Apr 06, 2013 - 10:25 PM

View PostKatsumi, on Apr 06, 2013 - 6:48 PM, said:

I didn't mean to imply that the whole thing was happening alone in your head without anyone being able to interact. I just wanted to describe the state your body is in, so to speak, unable to move with your real body but being able to move and do all sorts of things in this virtual reality to which others can connect to and experience 'the same dream'. That was what I intentionally meant. Sorry if "dream" was bad word to describe it.

A perma death system would be a killer for this game. Why even try to play this game and raid with others (your friends), when you can die at any raid boss and you'd have to start all over again? And if you were to survive, seeing your friends "die" will never be a nice experience, even if it would just be a virtual character. In addition, this one guy had to level up all over again without you probably. It's... just a bad idea, I think. Sorry.

And about "sure we dont really have a way to use your arms to swing your weapon/cast a spell" - maybe you want to watch this: http://www.youtube.c...d&v=KjtQwk7zg24

I think at the time it is possible to link your body to a virtual reality system, swinging your swords and casting spells will be possible as well.

EDIT: Was just experiencing something, don't know how to embed the video into my post. Maybe someone could help me.

"Dream" had nothing to do with it i was just trying to say that while full dive perfect SAO is what alot of people want i dont think it will stop them from enjoying something close that may be in the 5-10 year range rather then however long it takes actual Full dive technology like you said being in basically a dream state to be created, if it ever gets that far.

Regarding the perma death system i can definitely see where you coming from. And yes it would suck to have to start all over from square one and it would be quite a Niche game style but i think it would be fun enjoyable interesting, And really challenge/Increase the amount of skill you took into the game. ofc it would have to have its own set of highly tuned mechanics with Mob/Boss combat to prevent deaths from the game just cheating you out of a ton of time spent playing. It would also bring great community interaction because going solo wouldn't be the safes way to go so you would need friends or either have to be a top notch player. Thinking of dayz in particular, Knowing that if you die its back to square one really made you think about the choices you made in game. "Dayz probably isn't the best example but it is the only game ive played with a Perma death system"

Thank you very much for linking me to that video! That is amazing.

And as for embedding a video if always just put the link in the post and its showed the video in the post : /

This post has been edited by CellularTheory: Apr 06, 2013 - 10:29 PM

User is offline   Rubedo 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Race:Lyn

Posted Apr 07, 2013 - 3:02 AM

I started reading and then you guys bored me...

I could imagine taking this and creating the .hack universe within our lifetime, but full 5 senses immersion is asking for much.

If we got to a point where humans could come back to life via cryogenics (and get their youth back, etc) I would think we'd have started to colonize other planets which would help fix overpopulation.

All in all, I'm for 5 senses virtual reality, but for those of you who have seen inception, when do your dreams become reality and you reality become dreams, that's my biggest fear about how this would kill humanity
Posted Image

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip

Posted Apr 07, 2013 - 4:19 AM

View PostRubedo, on Apr 07, 2013 - 3:02 AM, said:

I started reading and then you guys bored me...

I could imagine taking this and creating the .hack universe within our lifetime, but full 5 senses immersion is asking for much.

If we got to a point where humans could come back to life via cryogenics (and get their youth back, etc) I would think we'd have started to colonize other planets which would help fix overpopulation.

All in all, I'm for 5 senses virtual reality, but for those of you who have seen inception, when do your dreams become reality and you reality become dreams, that's my biggest fear about how this would kill humanity

Many have that fear too, I mean, why live in a world with limits, right? But it's just a matter of self control. If many understand the consequences of being obsessed with something and the difference between fantasy and reality , it could stop from happening. Not that it'll be like that with everyone, I mean, in our time there are a lot of people that have already shut themselves away from society.

This post has been edited by Solmagnum: Apr 07, 2013 - 4:21 AM

User is offline   KingOfAce 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted Apr 07, 2013 - 5:51 AM

Posted Image
Facts about forum...
Someone will correct you over a trivial grammatical error,and it's usually because they're not intelligent enough to actually come up with a smart argument.
All the class are overpowered except the one you using.

geez its just a game have fun man...

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip
  • LocationLondon

Posted Apr 07, 2013 - 7:34 AM

View PostSolmagnum, on Apr 06, 2013 - 8:08 PM, said:

Well, leaving the topic of vrmmo for a bit, this method is not 100% guaranteed. They have options for you to store yourselves with your loved ones, people have even gone with their pets. While this method exists, it's not something many people do, so even if everyone that has done it gets revived, almost no issue in space would be made. And again, this is a small light of hope of being able to live longer. You always have possible issues like the place shutting down due to insufficient funds, war, economy, and a whole other things they mention in their page. There are other institutions too and the method of either storing your whole body or just your head to conserve it and hopefully restore your body with cloning in the future.

And on a more personal note

This is something I can't accept as natural. It might sound a bit strong, but why the hell should I accept my death so easily? I actually find it a bit disgusting. Just yesterday when I was coming home from university, I passed by a cemetery and they had this huge colorful sign basically saying "We have more space now! Be sure to be prepared and reserve yours!" I was almost sick reading that. How can people accept this? was all I could think. How can they accept death enough to not be disturbed with this and not even try and live. I'm not saying it's possible, even if I believe it is, it hasn't been proven. But to just lay down and accept it, I just can't process that.

But enough about that, hopefully vrmmo's come soon lmao.

I'm not mentioning death as something you should accept now. Death IS a natural process, it's the cycle of life, people are born, people die, it's the way it is. Obviously you don't want to die, with regrets, etc. But if birth exists, than death co-exists with it. It's been happening over centuries, not just our species, but all different types of species die.

However seeing a colourful sign, that portrays that kind of message isn't really needed. That's just hassling you about death. If you lived forever, could you imagine how many loved ones you'd see die over the ages? You wouldn't bare it.

Death is an everyday occurrence and it is all around us. Such as the death of a flower, the death of an ant underground. The thousands of deaths that are reported on the news as the result of a natural disaster, war, etc. And yet, to some of us, death means relatively nothing to us. I think it is a part of human nature (especially in youth) to almost believe in immortality, despite the obvious irony that death is the one common thing that binds all living beings. Why else would we indulge in such risky and threatening behaviors such as smoking or drinking or even going to exotic countries?

Because despite being well informed on the possible consequences of these actions, we believe that death is merely a myth ,or, at best, an inevitability in old age. I think that's one of the greater reasons for the amount of disbelief and outrage we feel when someone we personally knew dies and is effected by this something that seemed so distant and unreal. To me, it's incredible and almost infuriating to think that death, a natural and yet sudden occurrence, has the ability to take away the laughter of a childhood friend or the comforting support system of a mother; things that seem so immortal, how can they be destroyed by something so human as a speeding car or a lump of cancerous cells?

I view death, as I view most other aspects of religion, as more of a cyclical, natural, all-encompassing concept. I no longer fear death personally as I see death as a form of creation and embrace this wholly. However, that does not mean that I do not still fear the death of my parents and friends, just as I did when I was little. That does not mean that I don't still feel a striking blow of desperation when someone I love dies and disappears from my life.

SORRY! That I've typed so much. I've never typed this much ever. Honestly.

Anyways. Vrmmorpg's would be interesting to see something like that in action. Inception was a good film lol.

This post has been edited by Boseiai: Apr 07, 2013 - 7:42 AM

Posted Image

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip

Posted Apr 07, 2013 - 10:42 AM

View PostKingOfAce, on Apr 07, 2013 - 5:51 AM, said:

Posted Image

I laughed more than I should have lol. I'm liking The future on the new dimension section.

View PostBoseiai, on Apr 07, 2013 - 7:34 AM, said:

I'm not mentioning death as something you should accept now. Death IS a natural process, it's the cycle of life, people are born, people die, it's the way it is. Obviously you don't want to die, with regrets, etc. But if birth exists, than death co-exists with it. It's been happening over centuries, not just our species, but all different types of species die.

However seeing a colourful sign, that portrays that kind of message isn't really needed. That's just hassling you about death. If you lived forever, could you imagine how many loved ones you'd see die over the ages? You wouldn't bare it.

Death is an everyday occurrence and it is all around us. Such as the death of a flower, the death of an ant underground. The thousands of deaths that are reported on the news as the result of a natural disaster, war, etc. And yet, to some of us, death means relatively nothing to us. I think it is a part of human nature (especially in youth) to almost believe in immortality, despite the obvious irony that death is the one common thing that binds all living beings. Why else would we indulge in such risky and threatening behaviors such as smoking or drinking or even going to exotic countries?

Because despite being well informed on the possible consequences of these actions, we believe that death is merely a myth ,or, at best, an inevitability in old age. I think that's one of the greater reasons for the amount of disbelief and outrage we feel when someone we personally knew dies and is effected by this something that seemed so distant and unreal. To me, it's incredible and almost infuriating to think that death, a natural and yet sudden occurrence, has the ability to take away the laughter of a childhood friend or the comforting support system of a mother; things that seem so immortal, how can they be destroyed by something so human as a speeding car or a lump of cancerous cells?

I view death, as I view most other aspects of religion, as more of a cyclical, natural, all-encompassing concept. I no longer fear death personally as I see death as a form of creation and embrace this wholly. However, that does not mean that I do not still fear the death of my parents and friends, just as I did when I was little. That does not mean that I don't still feel a striking blow of desperation when someone I love dies and disappears from my life.

SORRY! That I've typed so much. I've never typed this much ever. Honestly.

Anyways. Vrmmorpg's would be interesting to see something like that in action. Inception was a good film lol.

It's not a matter of dying with regrets or not,though I would be pretty infuriated if I died before even trying cryonics. I simply don't want to die, I like this body and I like living. It can be considered cycle of life, but the cycle of life was a term given by humans to begin with, I don't want to look at it as a term of what is possible and what is not.

Concerning the problem of losing loved ones, it'd be a sad thing. This is of course assuming you somehow manage to gain immortality and they don't. If that was the case, I don't know how I would react on the long run, but I definitely would not want to die along with them at the moment. And of course, this a bit of a big leap and a vague term.First, if a way was found to extend life, god knows what wars will break out, just thinking on how religious people would react is a problem. Second how exactly do we reach immortality? Artificial heart transplants already exist, is it possible to make our whole bodies completely artificial and keep our consciousnesses? others say that as we grow, mistakes keep appearing on our DNA which is what makes us age, so how do we fix those mistakes to stay young?Even if that did work, a simple bullet to the head would still kill us. And then there's nanotechnology, which promises to be able to work on matter on an atomic level and brings the possibility of super humans to the table.

Death being an everyday occurrence would touch on the why do we do things the way we do them. If death became something of the past, the outlook we have on life would change immensely and radically.

And I'm not really that righteous and poetic concerning life. I'll suffer if a loved one dies, I've already had people close to me that have died and it does feel unreal, but I enjoy living and I want to keep enjoying it until I decide it's enough.

This post has been edited by Solmagnum: Apr 07, 2013 - 11:18 AM

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip
  • LocationLondon

Posted Apr 07, 2013 - 12:16 PM

View PostSolmagnum, on Apr 07, 2013 - 10:42 AM, said:

I laughed more than I should have lol. I'm liking The future on the new dimension section.

It's not a matter of dying with regrets or not,though I would be pretty infuriated if I died before even trying cryonics. I simply don't want to die, I like this body and I like living. It can be considered cycle of life, but the cycle of life was a term given by humans to begin with, I don't want to look at it as a term of what is possible and what is not.

Concerning the problem of losing loved ones, it'd be a sad thing. This is of course assuming you somehow manage to gain immortality and they don't. If that was the case, I don't know how I would react on the long run, but I definitely would not want to die along with them at the moment. And of course, this a bit of a big leap and a vague term.First, if a way was found to extend life, god knows what wars will break out, just thinking on how religious people would react is a problem. Second how exactly do we reach immortality? Artificial heart transplants already exist, is it possible to make our whole bodies completely artificial and keep our consciousnesses? others say that as we grow, mistakes keep appearing on our DNA which is what makes us age, so how do we fix those mistakes to stay young?Even if that did work, a simple bullet to the head would still kill us. And then there's nanotechnology, which promises to be able to work on matter on an atomic level and brings the possibility of super humans to the table.

Death being an everyday occurrence would touch on the why do we do things the way we do them. If death became something of the past, the outlook we have on life would change immensely and radically.

And I'm not really that righteous and poetic concerning life. I'll suffer if a loved one dies, I've already had people close to me that have died and it does feel unreal, but I enjoy living and I want to keep enjoying it until I decide it's enough.

You do have a fair point, neither do I disagree or agree, but everyone is different, there are people who wouldn't want to live forever, especially those who are religious. As they all believe, death is only the beggining. As it goes to say. Believing in the after life. Etc. In the end, it's all preference, and how it has affected us in our daily lives. :)
Posted Image

User is offline   KingOfAce 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted Apr 07, 2013 - 4:07 PM

i would want to live forever :joss_stick:
Facts about forum...
Someone will correct you over a trivial grammatical error,and it's usually because they're not intelligent enough to actually come up with a smart argument.
All the class are overpowered except the one you using.

geez its just a game have fun man...

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users