BM, KFM, Des, or Sin Class comparison... Rate Topic: -----

User is offline   Algaliarept 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Race:Undecided
  • Class:Undecided

Posted Feb 17, 2013 - 1:52 AM

I'm looking at a couple classes for when bns comes to the US. I'm mostly looking for a melee class with good survivability and great single target damage. Not a class that has has one or two nukes or great skills to watch for, but a class that is considered a threat damage wise and durable survival wise. One that is fun to play and takes thinking, timing, and actual understanding of the class and all it's skills.

The above is what I'd like both pvp and pve but experience tells me every class is able with pve and pvp is where some classes crumble into particular needs, group dynamics, and sometimes uselessness. I tend to be more of a solo player so a class that excels with or as support would be a poor choice for me.

I'm not experienced other than just watching videos of bns pvp and pve. So I'm hoping someone with playing experience who would know a good player from a bad one (honestly from just videos I know my knowledge on classes will be terrible) people post what they want others to see, most will tamper with what they show to look good.

So if people who know what they are talking about and will be honest could please answer I'd be greatly appreciative!
Not to seem dark, but while heroes are noble and all,
The villains tend to be more interesting, if you let fear of something hold you..
You lack the true resolve to Champion a cause!

User is offline   Rubedo 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Race:Lyn
  • Class:Blade Master

Posted Feb 17, 2013 - 2:09 AM

It looks like you're looking at a Kung Fu Master.

I'm just a forum lurker here so all I know is from information I've read.

You're looking for a melee class with high single target DPS which (from what I've read) belongs mainly to KFM

KFM also has his counters which increases his survivability by a large margin. (If you're good at anticipation)

Des is basically a tank in 1v1 as he's hard to kill but I think that's all he's got on the single target front.

Assassins seem to need time to plan traps and escape for short retreats in danger situations. This class would be a second choice if you're a good tactician.

Regular BMs I've heard only have burst damage going for them, but the flying swords are so nice to watch. They also have parries.

Any person currently playing Kr can advise of any misinformation in this post if they want. I'm always game for new info
Posted Image

User is offline   DayBreeze 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Character:DayBreeze
  • Race:Jin
  • Class:Kung-Fu Master

Posted Feb 17, 2013 - 3:15 AM

your 2 classes are KFM and ASS. and assassin has that extra bit of survivability going for it because of stealth.

User is offline   mr.trickster 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Race:Gon

Posted Feb 17, 2013 - 3:42 PM

so maybe you can help me too?

I like big malee dps with survi. I wanted to take KFM but i don't really know is it good idea because of lack dps. Then i was thinking about SIN or Destroyer but i saw that Sin dont have many combos, wouldnt it be boring? And about Destroyers - same as sin - lack of combos? Blade master is too common for me so we have choice like KFM, Sin or Destroyer. Which one would be better with dps + survi.

I used to play as shaman and mage in WoW and now I have enought of this.

I'm mainly pvp player.

This post has been edited by mr.trickster: Feb 17, 2013 - 3:45 PM

User is offline   Aari 

• Dojo Sensei
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Character:Aari
  • Class:Assassin

Posted Feb 17, 2013 - 3:57 PM

KFM have by far the highest survivabilty in terms of dodges and parry. They also have the highest sustained DPS of all melee classes (In PvE that is, its hard to talk about sustained DPS in BnS PvP). Destros have the highest overall survivability in terms of selfheal, stunimunty, on defence.
Sins have really great burst when they can pull of their combos but are really easily interrupted of their combos in PvP as they need a longer preperation then others.

This post has been edited by Aari: Feb 17, 2013 - 3:59 PM

Posted Image
Click the Picute for a Livestream with B&S and Tera in 1080p
Youtube Channel with BnS Gameplay & Guides

User is offline   Famfrit 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationLimsa at night <3
  • Character:Eifa Carey
  • Race:Kun
  • Class:Force Master

Posted Feb 17, 2013 - 4:04 PM

Blade master is too common for me

Can't be messing around with the filthy peasants now can we? XD

But yeah I getcha, anti-mainstream and all that.
Posted Image

User is offline   Rubedo 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted Feb 17, 2013 - 6:36 PM

View Postmr.trickster, on Feb 17, 2013 - 3:42 PM, said:

so maybe you can help me too?

I like big malee dps with survi. I wanted to take KFM but i don't really know is it good idea because of lack dps. Then i was thinking about SIN or Destroyer but i saw that Sin dont have many combos, wouldnt it be boring? And about Destroyers - same as sin - lack of combos? Blade master is too common for me so we have choice like KFM, Sin or Destroyer. Which one would be better with dps + survi.

I used to play as shaman and mage in WoW and now I have enought of this.

I'm mainly pvp player.

I just said KFM had high DPS for single targets, unless you're talking about multiple opponents I don't understand what got lost in translation.

View PostFamfrit, on Feb 17, 2013 - 4:04 PM, said:

Can't be messing around with the filthy peasants now can we? XD

But yeah I getcha, anti-mainstream and all that.

Also stop it, stop being a hipster!! There are too many of us and we're starting to lose our "anti-mainstream" posture
Posted Image

User is offline   jokerstar 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Character:Fayde
  • Guild:BooM

Posted Feb 17, 2013 - 7:19 PM

destros are pretty hard to kill... and with autoattack cancel they can dish out a bunch of damage.
BnS KR lvl 50 LBM- 1800-1950 1v1 Arena Rating

User is offline   Di'el 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Character:디앨 and 아르앨

Posted Feb 17, 2013 - 7:39 PM

First thought that came to mind reading OP. KFM
Probably best survivability in terms of damage negation.
You have spammable counter and 5 moves with brief invincibility.
Damage is also very good.

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip

Posted Feb 17, 2013 - 8:30 PM

Thank you all it is clearly not an immediate choice to be made but subtle decisions help keep me looking forward.
(Feel free to ignore the rest it is just a random trail of thought)
Side thought on the hipsters, being a hipster one would assume is about making choices on your own criteria and not a presupposed or outwardly imposed idea. Being a hipster should in essence be about making choices that suit yourself, and as such being the unique being that you are. The not giving into what is popular is different from not picking what you like because others do.

These "hipsters" are the opposite of the idea that they strive for, they are merely those who seek uniqueness by following a prepossesed separate idealism to be in essence the opposite of common and as such falling into the mass of all the other "hipsters" . Which is now in its own right it's own side stream where it was ment to be those who broke out of the waters to be themselves.

Long story pick what you'd like.

This post has been edited by Algaliarept: Feb 17, 2013 - 8:31 PM

The villains tend to be more interesting, if you let fear of something hold you..

User is offline   ღKurori~Iaara-Haanღ 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • LocationWonder Woman's Invisible Jet....You can't see me in that right???
  • Character:Kurori (alt Kiyrino)
  • Guild:N/A

Posted Feb 17, 2013 - 8:51 PM

At the end of the day the only comment I enjoyed reading was the original posters last comment~
Well said~

Posted Image

☬Forget your regrets, they're better left behind☬

User is offline   Mickey 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Character:Mickey
  • Guild:Thieves Den

Posted Feb 17, 2013 - 8:57 PM

View PostღKurori~Iaara-Haanღ, on Feb 17, 2013 - 8:51 PM, said:

At the end of the day the only comment I enjoyed reading was the original posters last comment~
Well said~

I guess.
Posted Image
E-Vel Mickey<-- I'M SO FLUFFY I'M GONNA DIE

User is offline   ღKurori~Iaara-Haanღ 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • LocationWonder Woman's Invisible Jet....You can't see me in that right???
  • Character:Kurori (alt Kiyrino)
  • Guild:N/A

Posted Feb 17, 2013 - 9:20 PM

View PostMickey, on Feb 17, 2013 - 8:57 PM, said:

I guess.

By all means, reassure yourself~! :confident:
Seen these threads one thousand and one times and at the end of the day it's always the same with the advice on classes, yet best bit of advice that can be given is choose what YOU want to play~

Then again...I guess...right~?

This post has been edited by ღKurori~Iaara-Haanღ: Feb 17, 2013 - 9:21 PM

Posted Image

☬Forget your regrets, they're better left behind☬

User is offline   Rubedo 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted Feb 18, 2013 - 12:03 AM

View PostღKurori~Iaara-Haanღ, on Feb 17, 2013 - 9:20 PM, said:

Seen these threads one thousand and one times and at the end of the day it's always the same with the advice on classes, yet best bit of advice that can be given is choose what YOU want to play~

Ara, there will always be leaders and followers, which you decide to be is up to you.

Like for instance, there will be many people climbing on your skirt for your OP combos, movesets, and system configurations. While I stick loyally to my Chung, however inferior he will seem compared to you.
Posted Image

User is offline   Daigo 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip

Posted Feb 19, 2013 - 2:08 AM

View Postjokerstar, on Feb 17, 2013 - 7:19 PM, said:

destros are pretty hard to kill... and with autoattack cancel they can dish out a bunch of damage.

This ^
h a l f m a n , h a l f a m a z i n g

User is offline   Amaro57 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Guild:Slayers' Tower

Posted Feb 19, 2013 - 6:10 PM

No love for FM I see. :<

You're basically priority #1 in PvP. What's not to enjoy?

User is offline   Hawke 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Character:Undecided
  • Guild:SoloPlayer

Posted Feb 21, 2013 - 4:28 PM

Despite what anyone says about the class with best in what your looking for, if you don't like the class you probably won't choose it..

KFM or Des.

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip

Posted Feb 21, 2013 - 11:35 PM

View PostღKurori~Iaara-Haanღ, on Feb 17, 2013 - 9:20 PM, said:

I didn't mean to create a topic that has been discussed before sorry.. I did look through a lot on the forum but didn't see anything that applied to my question in depth. A lot of the threads like this I went through ended up being all about pve.

View PostHawke, on Feb 21, 2013 - 4:28 PM, said:

Despite what anyone says about the class with best in what your looking for, if you don't like the class you probably won't choose it..

KFM or Des.

I'm hesitant on Des simply cause it reminds me from Zerker on Tera (which I loved till I didn't..) too much focus on particular skills with very little In way of combos/variation (my view point from comments/videos I've seen, but when it comes to US I'll get a real interpretation to go off of.

KFM looks appealing with it's timing based survival (temp invincibility/counters), combos, and just general flow. My one worry is the lack of flare in it's movements and skill animation. I like the down to Earth look though a flare for the dramatic can set a very interesting turn.

Sin looks fun with fast pace, combo planning, survivability, and such huge variations of skills. I don't know one of my main concerns here would be sounds like while it does well PvP it is a jack of all trades.. master of none, and does look like it can turn repetitive with the main skill I see being used in PvP is the bomb and only so many ways to set that up..

BM.. based on the lack of comments on this class I'm assuming it isn't quite what I'm looking for, but does look cool.

All the classes look beautiful and undoubtedly I'll never be able to make a substantial choice till I have a chance to experience the game play, and get a feel for how the US server will develop. A small change in game mechanics can change everything and I know that the game I look forward to play will not be the exact same game as the Korean is now.

User is offline   DayBreeze 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Character:DayBreeze
  • Class:Kung-Fu Master

Posted Feb 22, 2013 - 2:12 AM

View PostAlgaliarept, on Feb 21, 2013 - 11:35 PM, said:

BM.. based on the lack of comments on this class I'm assuming it isn't quite what I'm looking for, but does look cool.

you mentioned pvp so we didn't mention blade. blade handles PVE perfectly though. but for PVP, you better take a look at the arena leaderboards and see for yourself. HOWEVER, you could go PVE your butt off, get yourself a legendary, then be the few blades that can swim around the top 10 of the leaderboards XD

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users