• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • LocationNetherlands
  • Race:Kun
  • Class:Force Master

Posted Feb 12, 2013 - 5:46 PM

I have a request to all the folks that currently play the game "Blade and Soul"

Please update the Wiki, many info is very very limited, or outdated (Closed Beta material). :what:
And we want to know more, More, MORE!!! :yell:

And don't mind the korean letters, you can google translate. Or ask some 1 else to translate. :cold:
And in screenshot, we don't mind. It's only until the EU/NA version comes.
We can always change the material back to english content.
At least share us as much information as you can on the wiki :cry:

http://www.bladeands...i.com/Main_Page

Not sure if I should post it here or the (Kr)Discusion board.
Admins, mods or devs are free to move this topic to where best fits.

This post has been edited by Kin-Pantsu88: Feb 12, 2013 - 5:46 PM

Yes....I like using emotes. :D

User is offline   Vile Samael 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Character:Ryang Huan-Yong
  • Race:Lyn
  • Class:Summoner

Posted Feb 12, 2013 - 9:28 PM

View PostDrakeDragon, on Feb 12, 2013 - 8:28 PM, said:

Sounds like you just want everything handed too you, so you can be an elitist when the game comes to your region.

only the utmost basic information should ever be released about a game, otherwise you get people like this.

Basic information is all that is required, and is given on the official websites.

Class Builds/Race builds, only lead to Elitist newbs/scum that attempt to ruin games, if everything but basic information was left blank and never posted, games would have live a lot longer, and all the anger and moronic posts about "THIS IS HOW YOU DO IT! YOU NOOB OTHERWISE" wouldn't constantly flood the forums and game.

i say have the Wiki bought by NCsoft, then leave it blank.

STOP FEEDING THE ELITIST NOOBS!

They never said anything about builds. Any wiki worth anything has a full database of items, mobs, dungeons etc. And, y'know, at least up-to-date material. A wiki doesn't make anyone elitist.

Besides, a wiki doesn't hand anything to you. It's an information database.

EDIT: Although yeah don't really expect anything complete until actual release.

This post has been edited by Vile Samael: Feb 12, 2013 - 9:32 PM

Posted Image

User is offline   ღKurori~Iaara-Haanღ 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • LocationWonder Woman's Invisible Jet....You can't see me in that right???
  • Character:Kurori (alt Kiyrino)
  • Race:Jin
  • Guild:N/A

Posted Feb 12, 2013 - 9:30 PM

View PostKin-Pantsu88, on Feb 12, 2013 - 5:46 PM, said:

I have a request to all the folks that currently play the game "Blade and Soul"

Please update the Wiki, many info is very very limited, or outdated (Closed Beta material). :what:
And we want to know more, More, MORE!!! :yell:

And don't mind the korean letters, you can google translate. Or ask some 1 else to translate. :cold:
And in screenshot, we don't mind. It's only until the EU/NA version comes.
We can always change the material back to english content.
At least share us as much information as you can on the wiki :cry:

http://www.bladeands...i.com/Main_Page

Not sure if I should post it here or the (Kr)Discusion board.
Admins, mods or devs are free to move this topic to where best fits.

Though I'd have to say the comment above mine is a bit harsh...even though from a standpoint I can understand where it's coming from~
I think what you have to realize with the game is that as of now, it's still constantly changing, classes, quests, areas, clothes, gears, bosses, stats, I mean literally everything~! I was online say last Sunday and then got on again Tuesday and things had ALREADY been added to the game~
So on top of all the ever flowing new content or flat out changes, we'd STILL have to translate it for you all to read~ and right now, currently you have to take into account that most are doing translating work or videos and such helping people that can't read Korean just to get through the game =\ Not to say that this is impossible, it's just alot of work~

I'm sure you'll see the information on wiki increase, but it probably won't happen until the NA/EU version has made it's debut~

This post has been edited by ღKurori~Iaara-Haanღ: Feb 12, 2013 - 9:32 PM

Posted Image

☬Forget your regrets, they're better left behind☬

User is offline   Awake. 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationOrlando, FL.
  • Race:Gon
  • Class:Kung-Fu Master

Posted Feb 12, 2013 - 10:26 PM

View PostDrakeDragon, on Feb 12, 2013 - 8:28 PM, said:

Sounds like you just want everything handed too you, so you can be an elitist when the game comes to your region.

only the utmost basic information should ever be released about a game, otherwise you get people like this.

Basic information is all that is required, and is given on the official websites.

Class Builds/Race builds, only lead to Elitist newbs/scum that attempt to ruin games, if everything but basic information was left blank and never posted, games would have live a lot longer, and all the anger and moronic posts about "THIS IS HOW YOU DO IT! YOU NOOB OTHERWISE" wouldn't constantly flood the forums and game.

i say have the Wiki bought by NCsoft, then leave it blank.

STOP FEEDING THE ELITIST NOOBS!

Wow man must be that time of the month huh?

Talk about blowing things way out of context. OP simply wants to know more about the game because he is interested. Nothing more, nothing less. Take a chill pill and relax, and don't forget to put your tampon in.
Posted Image

User is offline   StevenIsBallin 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip
  • Character:Rimiku
  • Class:Blade Master
  • Guild:Loli

Posted Feb 12, 2013 - 11:45 PM

He's simply asking for people who know about the game to update the wiki which is a perfectly reasonable request. I have no clue where you're getting the idea that he's a lazy elitist who wants handouts.

User is offline   Rubedo 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted Feb 13, 2013 - 12:07 AM

View PostDrakeDragon, on Feb 12, 2013 - 10:46 PM, said:

Stop being sexist for one, and if the OP actually wanted to know about something, he'd take the time to go to the korean site and read it, or translate it, instead he wants others to do it.

OP is a lazy newb who wants things handed to him, simple as that.

What ever happened to hard work on games? oh i guess it died out with the new generation, same with "pro" games, they all died out too.

Read my signature picture.

and yes i do actually know the difference between Newb and Noob, and no i've never had to look it up, urban dictionary is full of WoW-generation crap that is based off of Memes and 9 year olds.

DOWN WITH STRATEGY GUIDES. If you want to earn something, earn it, not read guides and think you are king s*** because you can read something and be a copypaste CASUAL.

I'm more afraid of the people who have played and are now playing the Kr server and intend to move to the NA server, as someone mentioned a while ago, those few will actually be the ones to control the economy for a while.

And besides a wiki tells you how to do something, it doesn't do it for you. A strategy guide doesn't do the instance, dungeon, or PvP match for you, it gives you the information necessary in order to do it a little more proficiently. So I don't know why you have an issue against a little information on the wiki but I think it's just a temper tantrum.

Also I understand if the people currently playing the Kr server don't want to add things to the wiki. Maintaining a wiki and keeping it updated is work, and all people want to do is play the game, not explain it to others all the time

This post has been edited by Rubedo: Feb 13, 2013 - 12:08 AM

Posted Image

User is offline   DayBreeze 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Character:DayBreeze

Posted Feb 13, 2013 - 1:17 AM

View PostRubedo, on Feb 13, 2013 - 12:07 AM, said:

I'm more afraid of the people who have played and are now playing the Kr server and intend to move to the NA server, as someone mentioned a while ago, those few will actually be the ones to control the economy for a while.

nope. no one will be controlling the economy. experienced in this game or not.

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted Feb 13, 2013 - 2:30 AM

View PostDrakeDragon, on Feb 12, 2013 - 10:46 PM, said:

Stop being sexist for one, and if the OP actually wanted to know about something, he'd take the time to go to the korean site and read it, or translate it, instead he wants others to do it.

OP is a lazy newb who wants things handed to him, simple as that.

What ever happened to hard work on games? oh i guess it died out with the new generation, same with "pro" games, they all died out too.

Read my signature picture.

and yes i do actually know the difference between Newb and Noob, and no i've never had to look it up, urban dictionary is full of WoW-generation crap that is based off of Memes and 9 year olds.

DOWN WITH STRATEGY GUIDES. If you want to earn something, earn it, not read guides and think you are king s*** because you can read something and be a copypaste CASUAL.

Yes, Kin is soooooooooo lazy because they don't want to learn a whole new language just for a fucking game. Sound logic, friend.

Also

View PostDrakeDragon, on Feb 12, 2013 - 1:42 PM, said:

i know there are always those few females out there, all into themselves and want to make their character super sexy (While in reality, they look like a water buffalo's arse) and they use this to try to scam guys.

And you're telling others not to be sexist? Wowo

This post has been edited by Vile Samael: Feb 13, 2013 - 2:30 AM

Posted Image

User is offline   Pucky-Chan :3 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip
  • Character:Pucky

Posted Feb 13, 2013 - 2:45 AM

View PostVile Samael, on Feb 13, 2013 - 2:30 AM, said:

Yes, Kin is soooooooooo lazy because they don't want to learn a whole new language just for a fucking game. Sound logic, friend.

Also

And you're telling others not to be sexist? Wowo

Meh , intended to reply this but all of a sudden saw ur post :3

User is offline   Famfrit 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationLimsa at night <3
  • Character:Eifa Carey

Posted Feb 13, 2013 - 2:49 AM

WHAT!? Some of the posts on here are utterly absurd and are complete over reactions, how can you be interpreting the OP like that? As mentioned before he simply wants to know more about the game! Why does the wiki even exist if people aren't even gonna add to it yet. To be honest I think it's a great idea, how many threads have we seen asking minor questions about the game that could be easily answered through a wiki.

Hmph :doubt:

This post has been edited by Famfrit: Feb 13, 2013 - 2:52 AM

Posted Image

User is offline   Anya 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • LocationEPT
  • Guild:Thieves Den

Posted Feb 13, 2013 - 2:58 AM

I agree with the majority here, OP was simply asking for info which is a great idea!

Also, why does it matter how others play? Play how you want, and other will play you want. No matter how mad you get, there will always be people who use guides... Even people who cheat and break rules. But that's them. You play how you want. It's only a game :3

Er.. Just saw your newest post... I hate saying this but Drake, you are one ignorant and selfish person. I'm sorry if that offends you, but now you're thinking you are superior to everyone? I'm sorry, that's just wrong. And sad.

This post has been edited by Anya: Feb 13, 2013 - 3:01 AM

Posted Image
Spoiler

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted Feb 13, 2013 - 3:13 AM

are you a real person

Do you even realize how fucking arrogant you're being? OH YEAH I KNOW FIVE LANGUAGES HAHA WOW YOU DON'T KNOW THREE???? GOD YOU'RE SO LAZY AND DUMB

This post has been edited by Vile Samael: Feb 13, 2013 - 3:14 AM

Posted Image

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted Feb 13, 2013 - 3:15 AM

hmmm yea it is common to see pple who read a wiki about captain falcon suddenly become undefeated when play falcon on brawl.

reading a book about boxing or taekwondo won't give you the ability to smash bricks.

User is offline   Yoshiro Numata 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Class:Undecided

Posted Feb 13, 2013 - 3:19 AM

yo everyobdy take a damp and chill the fuck outz

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted Feb 13, 2013 - 3:25 AM

View PostDrakeDragon, on Feb 13, 2013 - 3:19 AM, said:

if you've ever taken any form of martial art, you'd realize they actually do make you read the books. nice one there jackie chan.

i have. and books were never mentioned. lots of sparring practice, hitting sandbags, exercises to improve our speed and agility, mentioned all the time. we gain much more from that.... the skills to defend, and the muscles to end the fight early. and nice one drake, i was talking about breaking bricks up there, books helped you a lot with that didn't they?

This post has been edited by DayBreeze: Feb 13, 2013 - 3:27 AM

User is offline   Anya 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • LocationEPT

Posted Feb 13, 2013 - 3:25 AM

View PostDrakeDragon, on Feb 13, 2013 - 3:10 AM, said:

You do realize being a Gamer is nearing a line of being a professional sport?

and no, i'm not selfish or ignorant, first, learn what ignorant means please.

and ask yourself something, is everyone in the world equal? in all terms? no matter what? No, they aren't.

There will always be people better at things then others, why belittle that? to make yourself feel better?

There are better people are certain things, it is a fact of life, actually, it is the reason why Blade&Soul exists, the art team, development team, everyone that worked on this game, was better in some form or another, then others that got rejected.

it is shocking, how arrogant some people are.

Yes, people will cheat, and hack, and use underhanded methods to play a game, does that make them good? or better than others? NO it makes them WORSE, which in terms makes other better than them.

Nice logic isn't it? People need to accept, that not everyone is equal, and that there are people better out there, otherwise, next time you see your boss, or teacher, go up to them and say they are no better then you, and see where it ends you.

Oh boy.

- Not everyone that plays games is a hardcore game. There are casual gamers. And also, I bet people who play professional sports not only have fun, but look for help too. Gaming is not a sport. Sorry to burst your bubble. Yes, there are competitions, but it's all in good manner. Besides, who said the best couldn't get help?

- Ignorant. Lacking awarness. You are lacking awareness of what everyone is saying. You are stuck in your state of mind which is truly bad. How will you grow? This makes you ignorant. You are literally telling others to be like you. You are then selfish too. Point blank.

- Are we all equal? Yes. We're all humans. We all have our own goals, our own skills. Everyone is good at something. No mater what.

- Your opinion on B&S is just that; opinion. Some people don't like it. It is not better for some that don't like it. Ignorance, again.

- I can go to every single boss and teacher I have, show them this discussion, and I can be 100% certain they'll agree with me; we are all equal.

Get off your pedestal, please.

Look at the amount of people against you, wouldn't that be more of a coincidence? It's totally okay to admit you're wrong. Remember, you're human.

Edit: LOL auto-correct fail for anyone that saw!

This post has been edited by Anya: Feb 13, 2013 - 3:29 AM

Posted Image
Spoiler

User is offline   Anya 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • LocationEPT

Posted Feb 13, 2013 - 3:51 AM

I'm not sure what you problem is, and I can go on and on in this discussion; and best believe I can cripple your whole argument if I wished, but I'm ending it here. I don't mind being called arrogant, but stupid I do. It might be a simple word to some, but not to me.

I won't continue on anything specific you said, but I will say this:

People play how the want to play. It shouldn't bother you. Let them live their life. Let people only know one language. Let people play games with guides. No matter how strong your anger on the subject is, you're just wasting your time. Play how to wish. Let it go.

It was never my intention to bring negativity, and I apologize for that. Clearly others did want to, however.

Drake, I hope you find what you are looking for in this subject.

-Anya
Posted Image
Spoiler

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted Feb 13, 2013 - 4:06 AM

Hahaha moving on back on topic so how about that wiki? Last I've seen it it was pretty atrocious. Who even works on it, anyways?
Posted Image

User is offline   Di'el 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Character:디앨 and 아르앨

Posted Feb 13, 2013 - 4:29 AM

I have a week off next week. Maybe I'll contribute if I have time.

User is offline   Lithia 

• ~ Mirage Fractal Butterfly ~
  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderators
  • Character:Lithia / Cerez
  • Race:Gon
  • Guild:(Formerly) Odyssey

Posted Feb 13, 2013 - 4:40 AM

Vile Samael said:

Hahaha moving on back on topic so how about that wiki?
Last I've seen it it was pretty atrocious. Who even works on it, anyways?

There is some "new stuff" on the horizon,
but due to other projects of the admin it hasn't been able to be realized.
Once that picks up, there will be significant changes in the Wiki as well.
We apologize for the rather chaotic state, for lack of better words, of the site.

- Lith. ...*Bow*

P.S. Also: Yes, let's get this thread back on track. Necessary actions have been taken,
so please re-focus on the topic at hand.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users