• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Character:Mickey
  • Race:Lyn
  • Class:Blade Master
  • Guild:Thieves Den

Posted Feb 10, 2013 - 8:22 PM

This question is directed toward ghastly or anyone who's played destroyer

It just me or is gon class really OP in pvp at least the video i was watching. They seem really strong and i would have played them if they weren't so tall(cus I'm tall irl). They're ofc very spammy though.

This post has been edited by Mickey: Feb 10, 2013 - 8:23 PM

Posted Image
E-Vel Mickey<-- I'M SO FLUFFY I'M GONNA DIE

User is offline   Ryochan 

• |~Yorai Dragon~|
  • Group: Moderators
  • LocationNJ
  • Character:Ryochan
  • Race:Jin
  • Class:Assassin

Posted Feb 10, 2013 - 10:05 PM

Races have no say in combat (besides the smaller hitbox of lyn). Each class has the same base stats as each other.
http://www.youtube.com/yoraidragon
Rick James: "Cocain Blade and Soul is a hell of a drug." *giggles*
Posted Image

User is offline   Hawke 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Character:Undecided
  • Class:Undecided
  • Guild:SoloPlayer

Posted Feb 10, 2013 - 11:06 PM

Well when I think about it, most people don't post vids of them losing anyway. there are some but really this game is in most cases about skill.

timing and all.

everything relates to how well your build is.

Not to say that everything is perfectly balanced.

Cause it's not.

But as I said before skill plays a big factor regardless of race.

User is offline   jokerstar 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Character:Fayde
  • Guild:BooM

Posted Feb 11, 2013 - 12:54 AM

yeah no race is "better" than any other.

On the topic of destroyers though, which is exclusive to gon, they are pretty annoying to kill. They are good at pvp because, if you have decent gear, they are almost impossible to kill in the 5 min time frame you are given in arena. If time runs out, its a draw. So basically destroyers either win or draw lol.
BnS KR lvl 50 LBM- 1800-1950 1v1 Arena Rating

User is offline   Mickey 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Character:Mickey
  • Guild:Thieves Den

Posted Feb 11, 2013 - 7:00 AM

Surprised nobody plays them if they're this good.
Posted Image
E-Vel Mickey<-- I'M SO FLUFFY I'M GONNA DIE

User is offline   Aari 

• Dojo Sensei
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Character:Aari

Posted Feb 11, 2013 - 7:02 AM

View PostMickey, on Feb 11, 2013 - 7:00 AM, said:

Surprised nobody plays them if they're this good.

Because everyone plays 3on3. And in 3on3 SMN, Sin and LBM dominate.
Posted Image
Click the Picute for a Livestream with B&S and Tera in 1080p
Youtube Channel with BnS Gameplay & Guides

User is offline   Zenek 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Class:Kung-Fu Master

Posted Feb 11, 2013 - 8:44 AM

Why it does not surprises me?
One with invisibility and broken DPS
One with invincibility, broken DPS, CC and hitboxes.
Only summoner make me wonder what it have except hitboxes.

This post has been edited by Zenek: Feb 11, 2013 - 8:45 AM

User is offline   Aari 

• Dojo Sensei
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted Feb 11, 2013 - 9:14 AM

Zenek PLEASE, stop with your stereotype hating on all classes you dislike. In every thread you just hate around disliking them because of mechanics and its getting really tireing...
Ah btw. Summoner has invisbility

This post has been edited by Aari: Feb 11, 2013 - 9:14 AM

Posted Image

User is offline   Zenek 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted Feb 11, 2013 - 11:14 AM

Only class what I rly hate is range DPS. But things what I pointed out are mechanics what have nothing to do with classes but specific mechanics. For example I have nothing agains assasins as long as they do not use stealth - for example L2 had 3 assasins classes what worked very well without stealth.

It your words this classes dominate 3v3. I just type reasons - broken mechanics what should not have place in games. Invincibility, invisibility, immunity etc.

But ok, I'm going to stf myself here...

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted Feb 11, 2013 - 11:23 AM

i think its better if you play the game before commenting on things you think are worse and better... For assassins, they are completely reliant on stealth. LBM's aren't even good in 1v1 lol, top 1v1 classes are kfm/sin/summoner.

Guess what, kfm's have a billion moves where they are immune to cc when they use it, i don't think its fair. They also have a 9 second slow which makes you unable to use dash attacks, and also have alot of moves that can stun. oh and also a 0 chi counter to generate chi, as well as 2 dash attacks to gain chi. and if you use your stun break too early, you'll get 2 fire fists to the face.

This post has been edited by jokerstar: Feb 11, 2013 - 11:24 AM

User is offline   Hawke 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip

Posted Feb 11, 2013 - 11:52 AM

Hey Hey.

We've got to realize the awesome job done to keep the classes balanced.

Sure in some cases one class might have a slight advantage over another.

But in most cases each class is capable of holding it's own.

Besides...

It'd be unrealistic to have every person enter a battle on perfectly even grounds.

There is always some one more skilled or etc.

I say use your skill and adapt.

I'm sure that everyone here has that ability.

:doubt:

User is offline   Sake 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • LocationFL
  • Character:Sake
  • Race:Gon

Posted Feb 11, 2013 - 2:57 PM

View PostZenek, on Feb 11, 2013 - 11:14 AM, said:

Only class what I rly hate is range DPS. But things what I pointed out are mechanics what have nothing to do with classes but specific mechanics. For example I have nothing agains assasins as long as they do not use stealth - for example L2 had 3 assasins classes what worked very well without stealth.

It your words this classes dominate 3v3. I just type reasons - broken mechanics what should not have place in games. Invincibility, invisibility, immunity etc.

But ok, I'm going to stf myself here...

Well its pretty stupid to have an assassin that cant stealth that's one of the reasons they are assassins.

User is offline   Zenek 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted Feb 11, 2013 - 4:06 PM

View PostSake, on Feb 11, 2013 - 2:57 PM, said:

Well its pretty stupid to have an assassin that cant stealth that's one of the reasons they are assassins.

Stupid is implement this mechanics in to the game. And assassin does not means stealth - Look at old good L2.. Yes, they have shadow walk but it only do not agro mobs. Anyway Archeage have similar mechanics - allow for hide and move certain distance from enemy, but not allow for fight in this.

This post has been edited by Zenek: Feb 11, 2013 - 4:11 PM

User is offline   Aari 

• Dojo Sensei
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted Feb 11, 2013 - 4:17 PM

No1 gives the slitest fuck about L2 or Archage. If you dislike the class mechanics on this game so much then go to another game forum and stop being an annoying prick. Its not gonna change, either deal with it or leave. Fuck sake you are annoying.
Posted Image

User is offline   Valliance 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Character:Destiney
  • Class:Force Master

Posted Feb 11, 2013 - 4:25 PM

Zenek why do you even post in here? you look like you hate the game.... i've seen you in most posts expressing your hate... and i think me and many ppl want to say this to you... WE KNOW ALREDY , GET LOST DUDE!

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted Feb 11, 2013 - 4:25 PM

srsly, as someone said, most important factor is skill. Any class can beat any class, just have to know what you're doing and you'll win(or get carried by a half-mushin half-spiral hp set with a 283 6 chi weapon with the black regen gem.)

i've played 1000+ arena games of 1v1, you learn how to deal with all the individual traits each class has with time. if you just complain you'll never improve. Although I still rage alot about kfms.. heh

This post has been edited by jokerstar: Feb 11, 2013 - 4:28 PM

User is offline   kyo7763 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Locationwww.twitch.tv/kyo7763
  • Guild:Team EZ

Posted Feb 11, 2013 - 10:19 PM

View PostAari, on Feb 11, 2013 - 4:17 PM, said:

No1 gives the slitest fuck about L2 or Archage. If you dislike the class mechanics on this game so much then go to another game forum and stop being an annoying prick. Its not gonna change, either deal with it or leave. Fuck sake you are annoying.

-sigh- the vocal minority speaks out again! People like you are the ever degenerating populace of uneducated speaking on matters they know nothing of; advising how a game should be balanced is not your job quite clearly. You literally have no understanding of basic game mechanics, race/class interaction, or game balance. This is made very evident from your posts. You rage on this guy, perhaps rightly so if he simply complains, but have not addressed anything he said about how the game is actually made.

IF you've ever looked at BnS, or played it for that matter, you'd know that right now PvP is a mess. Of course they DO have time to fix it, but when someone brings up VERY valid questions on how the game is designed you shouldn't brush them aside simply because you "don't like it".

The argument you make of "If you don't like it go play another game" is about as horrendous of an argument as you could make. The other poster simply proposes balance in the game, though stealth is core to what the assassin is in this game, he believes there are many issues with how skills operate. Telling him to play a different game because there are clear imbalances does not address the problem, clear imbalances, and only provides NCSoft with a reference to an ill-informed user base.

Let me tell you a secret! If you want a truly good game you tell the game developers there are problems with their game. You don't just bend over and take what you get. They make you a product you pay for; and you therefore have a say into how the game is made. If the company does not listen, as we've seen with aion, tera and many others, people have this fantastic option you mentioned called: Don't like the product don't play the game. Know what that does? Destroys your oh so precious Blade and Soul because you didn't actually help the developer change anything, and instead just sat there like a little sheep and prayed they would mouth feed you everything you wanted.

It is for these reasons either you should keep your ad-hominems to yourself, or actually educate yourself on game design, balance, or developer creation of a game.

edit: I shall make myself a little more clear. I'm not saying you are not right in shunning him away aari, as I know you do in fact play the game. However, you're simply not addressing the concern over linear balance whether it is applied to 1v1 or 3v3 through whatever class skills. I agree that "actual player skill" will always play a role in a game; however, there are simply certain things skill cannot overcome if you assume people have the same level of competence as another competitive player. This is the issue that needs to be addressed in any game not just BnS. I'm almost positive you agree with this as I've watched you PvP a few times with commentary :P

This post has been edited by kyo7763: Feb 11, 2013 - 11:34 PM

LBM gameplay can be found on my stream. Team EZ

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted Feb 11, 2013 - 11:05 PM

in-game mechanics are the best of any mmo I've played. It's hugely skill based. There isn't really any class that has a "class advantage" over another.

Each class has their own unique style they excel at, why would you want to take away what makes each class different. As long as there are ways to overcome it, there isn't a problem.

User is offline   Aari 

• Dojo Sensei
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted Feb 12, 2013 - 2:12 AM

Sorry but I can't share your point. Raging over him was definitly not the right way to go but simply calling everything broken without any kind of construcive feedback is just a useless as my post was.
If people still believe that developers actually change a whole game mechanic simply because of community feedback are blind fools.
Its also as jokerstar said, the mechanics are perfectly fine and it does not depend on what class you play.
He is blindly raging on ranged and stealth classes without having actually expirences the game. Sin doing full combat in stealth in PvP? A simple lie. They mearly open up out of stealth, but all the following combos require them to be visible and be attackable more then any other class out there. Their highest damage combo is so easily interrupted in a 3on3 (Air into Web into Landmine) thats its quite impossible to pull that off against a Team that communicates.

The things he is blindly suggesting from other MMO's simply don't apply in this game. For his "dream" to come true it would be needed to completly rework the assassin class and they would probably end up like something similar to KFM/BM.
And I might be the vocal minority here, but quite frankly I dont give a damn about it. People are whining over things they don't know anything about.
And its not like this is his only post, its also not like he ever gave a good suggestion how to change the classes in THIS game. He only ever said, omg please make it like L2 or AA. This DOES NOT work.
Posted Image

User is offline   Hawke 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip

Posted Feb 12, 2013 - 9:44 AM

You also have to go on the assumption that because the game is based in the east at the moment that most people posting here have probably never even touched the game and that the only things they are basing their "Solid" evidence on is the video's people are posting.

Now don't get me wrong it's a great way to obtain information about the game but lets face it. There are 2 major factors that come into play.

1) You may not have any first hand experience.

2) It's very rare for someone to upload a video of themselves doing poorly.

This isn't that case for everyone but you can't really complain about imbalance even more so when this game comes to the west.

The developers are sure to make the game more "Westernized" anyway, even if it's only slightly.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users