Blade & Soul Dojo: What is your favorite race? - Blade & Soul Dojo

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What is your favorite race? And why? Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

Poll: What is your favorite race? (50 member(s) have cast votes)

What is your favorite race?

1. Jin (12 votes [24.00%])

Percentage of vote: 24.00%

2. Gon (11 votes [22.00%])

Percentage of vote: 22.00%

3. Kun (6 votes [12.00%])

Percentage of vote: 12.00%

4. Lyn (21 votes [42.00%])

Percentage of vote: 42.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

User is offline   BrandX 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Race:Jin
  • Class:Assassin

Posted Feb 13, 2013 - 9:08 AM

View PostSpirits of Vengeance, on Feb 13, 2013 - 9:02 AM, said:

Yes! Thank you, I agree 100% that an elegant archer class would fit the Kun perfectly. It could also act as their unique class and physical range. They could use guns or gun/sword like a musketeer type class but I don't know. It seems that Gon and Jin would have guns nailed down lore wise.

PS I dislike the way Kun legs bend inwards in addition to how they cross them, looks like a small wind would snap them like twigs. They look incredibly fragile. :gloomy:

I got the impression that was sort of the point.

The Kun are not a natural race, they're a magic race. May look fragile, but looks are decieving.

As for Archer being a Kun class, with some of these suggestions, I don't see why Jin wouldn't have most of these options.

I would like to see Assassin spun off to another race. While I'll likely have a few different classes and of different races (nothing 100% decided till I can actually play the game), I would think Assassin would fit with more than just the Jin race.

User is offline   Spirits of Vengeance 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationUSA
  • Character:Antumbra
  • Guild:None right now :(

Posted Feb 13, 2013 - 9:32 AM

View PostBrandX, on Feb 13, 2013 - 9:08 AM, said:

I got the impression that was sort of the point.

The Kun are not a natural race, they're a magic race. May look fragile, but looks are decieving.

As for Archer being a Kun class, with some of these suggestions, I don't see why Jin wouldn't have most of these options.

I would like to see Assassin spun off to another race. While I'll likely have a few different classes and of different races (nothing 100% decided till I can actually play the game), I would think Assassin would fit with more than just the Jin race.

Yeah, I guess so... Assassin would be a great Kun class as well but I thought it was the Jin "unique class". Yet again that whole unique class business may just be player speculation. Would really like to see a whole new class just for Kun, preferably not one that borrows half their skills from others *cough Lyn BM* :shakehead:

This post has been edited by Spirits of Vengeance: Feb 13, 2013 - 9:43 AM

Hello! I'm Spirits, the Assassin, your guide to the madness. Be like water my friend and you just may survive.

User is offline   Famfrit 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationLimsa at night <3
  • Character:Eifa Carey
  • Race:Kun
  • Class:Force Master

Posted Feb 13, 2013 - 11:11 AM

Hmm If they gave Kuns their unique class I wonder if they'd give Gons something... As they'd only have 2 classes and that goes against the rules of OCD. Unless NCSoft wants to give everyone the flue and be attacked by ghosts then I wouldn't be surpirsed if they did something like that.

Which class though... nothing really suits them other than KFM and Destroyer. :surrender:

This post has been edited by Famfrit: Feb 13, 2013 - 12:05 PM

Posted Image

User is offline   Kogane 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Character:Kogane
  • Race:Gon
  • Class:Kung-Fu Master
  • Guild:Thieves Den

Posted Feb 13, 2013 - 11:54 AM

View PostFamfrit, on Feb 13, 2013 - 11:11 AM, said:

Hmm If they gave Kuns their unique class I wonder if they'd give Gons something... As they'd only have 2 classes and they goes against the rules of OCD. Unless NCSoft wants to give everyone the flue and be attacked by ghosts then I wouldn't be surpirsed if they did something like that.

Which class though... nothing really suits them other than BM and Destroyer. :surrender:

Don't forget our KFM. Lol Though BM could work for Gon with some adjustments....it'd just have to do something for me to feel like its not just another flavor of destroyer---while also not being just a lame copy of the usual BM. (Hence my image of Gons being kind of like Edge Punishers.)

Well...We got summoners and force masters for Lyn...Maybe another flavor of something we already have wouldn't be SO bad. It'd just have to be different enough to set them appart. (Though I do feel like Gon need a range class.)

I keep thinking something with Pole Arms.

Anyway. Er...I feel as if this conversation is now in the wrong thread. Isn't there already a 'class possibility' thread or something, somewhere?
Posted Image

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted Feb 13, 2013 - 12:05 PM

View PostKogane, on Feb 13, 2013 - 11:54 AM, said:

Don't forget our KFM. Lol Though BM could work for Gon with some adjustments....it'd just have to do something for me to feel like its not just another flavor of destroyer---while also not being just a lame copy of the usual BM. (Hence my image of Gons being kind of like Edge Punishers.)

Well...We got summoners and force masters for Lyn...Maybe another flavor of something we already have wouldn't be SO bad. It'd just have to be different enough to set them appart. (Though I do feel like Gon need a range class.)

I keep thinking something with Pole Arms.

Anyway. Er...I feel as if this conversation is now in the wrong thread. Isn't there already a 'class possibility' thread or something, somewhere?

Crap crap crap crap crap. I meant to say KFM not BM :ouch:
Posted Image

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationUSA

Posted Feb 13, 2013 - 12:24 PM

A little off topic but not by much, it still pertains to the races, and racial locked classes are a hot topic. Just don't turn it into an all class discussion please.

This post has been edited by Spirits of Vengeance: Feb 13, 2013 - 12:25 PM

Hello! I'm Spirits, the Assassin, your guide to the madness. Be like water my friend and you just may survive.

User is offline   Valadhiel 

• Dojo Sensei
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted Feb 13, 2013 - 1:28 PM

I'mma say Lyn because (1) I love their animations; (2) I love their form (they aren't just a person with animal ears/tail, but have animal feet, too); (3) they're cute.
Next - I like the Gon. :embarrassed:

User is offline   Nekuraba 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • LocationBehind you~
  • Character:Morginna

Posted Feb 13, 2013 - 2:16 PM

Jin, because Jin is Jin

User is offline   DayBreeze 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Character:DayBreeze

Posted Feb 13, 2013 - 4:20 PM

View PostSpirits of Vengeance, on Feb 13, 2013 - 9:02 AM, said:

They could use guns or gun/sword like a musketeer type class but I don't know. It seems that Gon and Jin would have guns nailed down lore wise.

PS: They do look incredibly fragile. Their legs bending inwards and crosses turn me off :gloomy:

no way. we are not seeing the same image here.

i m going to use this old trailer to describe the image of each race. both Lyn and Kun are shown very briefly here, but it shows enough character.

Gon - the muscle race. like meatheads. all of their classes should be something that displays their muscles. even you should be able to see the strange feeling, seeing a Gon use a rifle. Gon could have a blade class, but not a clone of the original blade class, they need modified blade class that uses less magic more muscle, so dual blade class works well here.

Jin - speedy, adaptable, and smart. rather than magic, more comfortable with technology....and so explosives. the current Jin classes work perfectly. and gunners would be a Jin class for these reasons.

Lyn - small, sneaky, likes nature. it is not a muscle type of race, so the current Lyn classes work, and if anymore classes were added to lyn it would have to be Lyn assassin. seeing as assassins use more tricks to compensate for lack of muscles usage.

Kun - the magic race. has just enough bone thickness to let them stand and run around. all magic classes + long range classes go here. for the same reason as Gons, Kun looks weird holding rifles. they should be relying on magic more than technology (explosives and rifles) or muscles. and so archers work well here.

if a staff class was added i think all races except Lyns could use it.

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationUSA

Posted Feb 14, 2013 - 10:57 AM

View PostDayBreeze, on Feb 13, 2013 - 4:20 PM, said:

no way. we are not seeing the same image here.

i m going to use this old trailer to describe the image of each race. both Lyn and Kun are shown very briefly here, but it shows enough character.

Gon - the muscle race. like meatheads. all of their classes should be something that displays their muscles. even you should be able to see the strange feeling, seeing a Gon use a rifle. Gon could have a blade class, but not a clone of the original blade class, they need modified blade class that uses less magic more muscle, so dual blade class works well here.

Jin - speedy, adaptable, and smart. rather than magic, more comfortable with technology....and so explosives. the current Jin classes work perfectly. and gunners would be a Jin class for these reasons.

Lyn - small, sneaky, likes nature. it is not a muscle type of race, so the current Lyn classes work, and if anymore classes were added to lyn it would have to be Lyn assassin. seeing as assassins use more tricks to compensate for lack of muscles usage.

Kun - the magic race. has just enough bone thickness to let them stand and run around. all magic classes + long range classes go here. for the same reason as Gons, Kun looks weird holding rifles. they should be relying on magic more than technology (explosives and rifles) or muscles. and so archers work well here.

That makes sense. I guess everyone could have a blade master class. I'm willing to bet that the Kun may in fact get a magical Kung-Fu class with pressure points or something. If not then they are going to get an archer class which I originally proposed on my physical ranged class thread. Gon Blade Master with dual wield? Uhh sure. This is all a ridicules amount of speculation on both of our parts. If gon did get guns they would use cannon type guns that other races couldn't hold or shoot properly. Lets not forget the Aion approach where guns could fire magic or chi enhanced bullets so they never have to reload.

This post has been edited by Spirits of Vengeance: Feb 14, 2013 - 11:09 AM

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted Feb 14, 2013 - 11:21 AM

Don't Summoners wield staves? :3

I'm willing to bet that the Kun may in fact get a magical Kung-Fu class with pressure points or something

:O That sounds incredible. Maybe even Tai Chi! :D

This post has been edited by Famfrit: Feb 14, 2013 - 11:22 AM

Posted Image

User is offline   Kin-Pantsu88 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted Feb 14, 2013 - 5:36 PM

:cry: Stop harrasing my beautiful Kun! :sob:

She will nuke :bowling: you all out with the Force master powers!!! :ouch:

Yes....I like using emotes. :D

User is offline   DayBreeze 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Character:DayBreeze

Posted Feb 14, 2013 - 6:01 PM

View PostKin-Pantsu88, on Feb 14, 2013 - 5:36 PM, said:

:cry: Stop harrasing my beautiful Kun! :sob:

She will nuke :bowling: you all out with the Force master powers!!! :ouch:

but she has eating disorders. we are concerned about her health. she needs thicker bones and more meat. like a Jin.

User is offline   Lady Estellise 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Character:Lady Estellise
  • Class:Undecided

Posted Feb 17, 2013 - 10:54 AM

Gon, because the females have strut and legs like Beyonce.
Holy power that defies my enemies; Resist!

Posted Image
~Signature by Aery~

User is offline   Mickey 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Character:Mickey
  • Race:Lyn
  • Class:Blade Master
  • Guild:Thieves Den

Posted Feb 17, 2013 - 10:57 AM

View PostLady Estellise, on Feb 17, 2013 - 10:54 AM, said:

Gon, because the females have strut and legs like Beyonce.

No Beyonce has legs like Beyonce -_-
Posted Image
E-Vel Mickey<-- I'M SO FLUFFY I'M GONNA DIE

User is offline   Lady Estellise 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Character:Lady Estellise
  • Class:Undecided

Posted Feb 17, 2013 - 11:08 AM

View PostMickey, on Feb 17, 2013 - 10:57 AM, said:

No Beyonce has legs like Beyonce -_-

TRUE.
Holy power that defies my enemies; Resist!

Posted Image
~Signature by Aery~

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users