Blade & Soul Dojo: What is your favorite race? - Blade & Soul Dojo

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What is your favorite race? And why? Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

Poll: What is your favorite race? (50 member(s) have cast votes)

What is your favorite race?

1. Jin (12 votes [24.00%])

Percentage of vote: 24.00%

2. Gon (11 votes [22.00%])

Percentage of vote: 22.00%

3. Kun (6 votes [12.00%])

Percentage of vote: 12.00%

4. Lyn (21 votes [42.00%])

Percentage of vote: 42.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

User is offline   Kogane 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Character:Kogane
  • Race:Gon
  • Class:Kung-Fu Master
  • Guild:Thieves Den

Posted Feb 10, 2013 - 8:16 AM

My favorite is Gon.

Mostly because they caught my interest from the start. Not sure why, not really too bothered enough to figure out why. I suppose its mostly because they're the 'naturally powerful' race, and can choose to either embrace their destructive heritage (Destroyer) or do away with it and follow their own path (Kungfu Master), which I intend to do.

Because I'm amazing at customization I have no fear of proportions. (I'm the type that'll spend hours and hours, maybe even half a day in a customization screen figuring out all the quirks until I get what satisfies me.)

Btw. I intend to punt every FURBY I come across.

You have been warned. n n

This post has been edited by Kogane: Feb 10, 2013 - 8:17 AM

Posted Image

User is offline   Mickey 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Character:Mickey
  • Race:Lyn
  • Class:Blade Master

Posted Feb 10, 2013 - 9:21 AM

View PostKogane, on Feb 10, 2013 - 8:16 AM, said:

My favorite is Gon.

Mostly because they caught my interest from the start. Not sure why, not really too bothered enough to figure out why. I suppose its mostly because they're the 'naturally powerful' race, and can choose to either embrace their destructive heritage (Destroyer) or do away with it and follow their own path (Kungfu Master), which I intend to do.

Because I'm amazing at customization I have no fear of proportions. (I'm the type that'll spend hours and hours, maybe even half a day in a customization screen figuring out all the quirks until I get what satisfies me.)

If Lyns come across her in game...kill.

This post has been edited by Mickey: Feb 10, 2013 - 9:22 AM

Posted Image
E-Vel Mickey<-- I'M SO FLUFFY I'M GONNA DIE

User is offline   Aari 

• Dojo Sensei
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Character:Aari
  • Race:Jin
  • Class:Assassin

Posted Feb 10, 2013 - 10:31 AM

My favorite is Gon.

Its because Gons have the most Sex, the females at least.
Posted Image
Click the Picute for a Livestream with B&S and Tera in 1080p
Youtube Channel with BnS Gameplay & Guides

User is offline   Zef 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Class:Undecided

Posted Feb 11, 2013 - 8:16 AM

Jin. They fit perfectly with me on every aspect. I want a male character, not a hulk and a kung fu master so obvious roll is a jin.
Also not fan of neither Gon nor Kun, because one is Hulk Smash, other has no males and looks snobby as hell :hell_boy:
Lyn i like, but lyn female might be cute, lyn male just looks way too underaged and no kung-fu master with them...so Jin all the way!

User is offline   Mochii 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • LocationNorthern Ireland
  • Character:Mochi
  • Class:Force Master

Posted Feb 12, 2013 - 12:44 AM

Mmmm, I'm a Lyn male kinda guy, First off I don't play female characters although this might change when BnS releases :surrender:

and second, the idea of a small innocent character running about and destroying people in PvP or such, just sounds great

Plus if there is a small race in any game or MMO, I'm that guy :embarrassed:
Angel Beats, my Favorite anime ever!

(>^3^)> <(^_^)> <(=o=<)

Posted Image

User is offline   Rubedo 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted Feb 12, 2013 - 1:06 AM

My favorite is Gon.

Attempt to punt me, and I will end you :hell_boy:
Posted Image

User is offline   Sake 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • LocationFL
  • Character:Sake

Posted Feb 12, 2013 - 2:54 AM

I would have to say Gon.

To be perfectly honest the females have the most aesthetically pleasing out of all the other races in my opinion of course, now to me the male are more to my choice cause to tell you the truth the Jin male looks sorta feminine to me. Anyways yea Gon is my preferred choice over all the other races.

User is offline   Spirits of Vengeance 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationUSA
  • Character:Antumbra
  • Guild:None right now :(

Posted Feb 12, 2013 - 11:22 AM

Keep it coming girls and guys I am loving these comments.

View PostAari, on Feb 10, 2013 - 10:31 AM, said:

Its because Gons have the most Sex, the females at least.

:shame: Oh my! Aari lol :feel_good:

View PostRubedo, on Feb 12, 2013 - 1:06 AM, said:

Attempt to punt me, and I will end you!

:haha: A rivalry is born!

My only complaint is that Kun and Gon are lacking class wise, they see very limited right now. Kun need a unique class and Gon need... something....

This post has been edited by Spirits of Vengeance: Feb 12, 2013 - 11:32 AM

Hello! I'm Spirits, the Assassin, your guide to the madness. Be like water my friend and you just may survive.

User is offline   Kogane 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted Feb 12, 2013 - 12:30 PM

View PostRubedo, on Feb 12, 2013 - 1:06 AM, said:

Attempt to punt me, and I will end you :hell_boy:

Don't worry. An attempt isn't going to be what happens.

My foot, without any further warning, shall impact with your fluffy rear and cause your person to rise at an accelerated rate with the intention of forcing your petite form to achieve temporary flight in the form of a grand arc over the horizon. :smooth: After such I will look upon the horizon to determine whether or not your forced ascent satisfies me.

View PostSpirits of Vengeance, on Feb 12, 2013 - 11:22 AM, said:

My only complaint is that Kun and Gon are lacking class wise, they see very limited right now. Kun need a unique class and Gon need... something....

I don't entirely feel Gon are so limited...

It'd be strange to see them casting magic ( The male ones anyway.) , and while a Gon blade master might very well be possible---I can't help but see them handling blades in an entirely different manner. ( Kind of feels redundant with Destroyer when I look at it that way.)

But meh.

Others may have their own ideas.
Posted Image

User is offline   Rubedo 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted Feb 12, 2013 - 2:45 PM

View PostKogane, on Feb 12, 2013 - 12:30 PM, said:

Don't worry. An attempt isn't going to be what happens.

My foot, without any further warning, shall impact with your fluffy rear and cause your person to rise at an accelerated rate with the intention of forcing your petite form to achieve temporary flight in the form of a grand arc over the horizon. :smooth: After such I will look upon the horizon to determine whether or not your forced ascent satisfies me.

I speak to dead people, before you can masterfully sneak behind me with your overly large size and loud footsteps, I will have seen you coming a mile away, right before you foot can even even graze my fluffy tail I will have turned around and melted you back to the clay goo in which you were formed :joss_stick:

Also once again I really don't think Kun need their own class because they're already separated from everyone else with the fact they are a female only race, unless said class is a spinoff like LynBMs
Posted Image

User is offline   DayBreeze 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Character:DayBreeze

Posted Feb 12, 2013 - 4:13 PM

View PostSpirits of Vengeance, on Feb 12, 2013 - 11:22 AM, said:

i would love to see Jins and Gons get a new class. dual blades. different from original blademaster.

User is offline   Mickey 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted Feb 12, 2013 - 4:18 PM

They already have destroyer that's good enough.
Posted Image

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted Feb 12, 2013 - 4:28 PM

View PostMickey, on Feb 12, 2013 - 4:18 PM, said:

They already have destroyer that's good enough.

oh. in that case Kun already has force master that's good enough.

User is offline   Mickey 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted Feb 12, 2013 - 4:39 PM

Technically they do but other classes have that as well. Gon doesn't need another unique class if it already has an exclusive one. Kun doesn't have an exclusive class.

This post has been edited by Mickey: Feb 12, 2013 - 4:39 PM

Posted Image

User is offline   Kin-Pantsu88 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationNetherlands
  • Race:Kun

Posted Feb 12, 2013 - 5:24 PM

Let's make a sum up:
Race exclusive
Gon: (1) got the Destroyer
Lyn: (1) Summoner and kinda Blade master (I says 1½ exclusive class)
Jin: (1) assasin, and they are the most versatile, the 1 race with the most classes to choose from.
Kun: (0) none, can only pick 2: Blade master or Force master.

Edit: Jin has the assasin exclusive.

This post has been edited by Kin-Pantsu88: Feb 12, 2013 - 5:35 PM

Yes....I like using emotes. :D

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted Feb 12, 2013 - 5:30 PM

View PostKin-Pantsu88, on Feb 12, 2013 - 5:24 PM, said:

Let's make a sum up:
Race exclusive
Gon: (1) got the Destroyer
Lyn: (1) Summoner and kinda Blade master (I says 1½ exclusive class)
Jin: (0) none, but they counter that with versatlity, the 1 race with the most classes to choose from.
Kun: (0) none, can only pick 2: Blade master or Force master.

...... Jin has assassin.

nonetheless race +gender is only looks. aesthetics. classes are the real difference here. and with that Kun don't really look good why need a new class for Kun? :amazed:

we got news they wanted to add dual blade style to this game a long time ago. that means the 2 melee class races are the ones that should be expecting this. if its a new class for Kun it will be a magical class.

User is offline   Kin-Pantsu88 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationNetherlands
  • Race:Kun

Posted Feb 12, 2013 - 5:33 PM

Damn, epic fail :ouch: Forgot the assasin. :confident:
Yes....I like using emotes. :D

User is offline   Kogane 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted Feb 12, 2013 - 7:28 PM

View PostRubedo, on Feb 12, 2013 - 2:45 PM, said:

I speak to dead people, before you can masterfully sneak behind me with your overly large size and loud footsteps, I will have seen you coming a mile away, right before you foot can even even graze my fluffy tail I will have turned around and melted you back to the clay goo in which you were formed :joss_stick:

Also once again I really don't think Kun need their own class because they're already separated from everyone else with the fact they are a female only race, unless said class is a spinoff like LynBMs

Naaah. Femme Fatale Kung-Fu, Bro.

Large size, and loud foot steps aren't a problem here. Especially not for me considering I won't be lugging the melons Ghastly'll probably be trucking. : P You might hear her, but you won't hear me.

Especially since...worse case scenario? I'm also going to roll a Jin Assassin. (Because I also enjoyed that class.) Then...Not only will I probably punt you, but I'll also make a decent furry fireworks display! :big_smile:

Unless the dead want to be punted too I suggest they keep their mouths shut. I have nothing against Astro Projection excursions to kick spectral butt.

On a more serious note though....Even though I have no desire at all to play the Kun race I do find it unfair that they're the only ones without an exclusive class.

I'd like to see something different for Kun ( Especially since they're supposed to be so special.)

Kuns have no exclusive class. If anyone's gonna get one they should. Though they better not touch my gunslinger. I'll hurt people over that one. If a gunslinger DOES come I'd hope that'd go to the range deprived races. Meaning if I see a Lyn with a musket that's going to be one more reason I'm punting them on sight. (Though I'm not exactly worried about this considering I keep hearing that guns and such are usable by all races or something to that flavor. I just rather a SPECIALIZED class go to a race that kinda needs it.)

Also current overall class count :

Kun [2] : Blademaster and Force Master.
Jin [3] : Assassin, Blademaster, and Kungfu Master.
Gon [2] : Destroyer, and Kungfu Master
Lyn [3]: Force Master, Summoner, and Lyn Blade.

Inequality sighted.

On the flip side though...I have no idea what the Kun race could possibly get that'd balance them out. Blademaster seems as physical as they'd get considering they're made of tissue paper and FEELINGS. If we give them something ranged that basically just underlines how fragile they are---and somehow that annoys me.

Same kind of goes for Gon in the sense that...as much as I'd like to see a gunslinging Gon---I'm not really seeing the males do it so much as the females. They're built like a panzer. Why would they even consider not being on the front lines? Its not natural. While they could possibly hop on the blademaster train---and walk around looking like the 'Edge Punishers' from .Hack....To me that'd pretty much just be a repainted Destroyer. No one wants that....Just like no one wants to watch a Gon swing around a toothpick for a sword.

So...Unless Gons get a gigantic canon fire at people.....(That'd be awesome and you know it.)

Lol Maybe the Kun can get a mistral class? "Killing me softly with her song~!" -Shot.-

This post has been edited by Kogane: Feb 12, 2013 - 7:33 PM

Posted Image

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted Feb 13, 2013 - 1:39 AM

i m not getting what is so exciting about Kuns. when they stand they look so ridiculously frail and weak, it feels like all their bones would break if they tripped. i don't get Hyung Tae Kim's taste, but my idea of feminine does not mix with 'damsel in distress'.

if Gunner was added it would most likely be Jin exclusive. just look at the Jin classes, its about speed + adaptability. and gun technology does not look right with meatheads or magic races
if Dual blades style, mostly likely Jin + Gon, for the melee races. if you can't bring out muscles you should not be allowed to hold a sword.
if Archer, i say Kun. for the frail race. and Kuns' history looks more about magic than muscle.

it just fits with the race lore this way.

This post has been edited by DayBreeze: Feb 13, 2013 - 1:49 AM

User is offline   Spirits of Vengeance 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationUSA
  • Character:Antumbra
  • Guild:None right now :(

Posted Feb 13, 2013 - 9:02 AM

View PostDayBreeze, on Feb 13, 2013 - 1:39 AM, said:

if Archer, i say Kun. for the frail race. and Kuns' history looks more about magic than muscle.
it just fits with the race lore this way.

Yes! Thank you, I agree 100% that an elegant archer class would fit the Kun perfectly. They could use guns or gun/sword like a musketeer type class but I don't know. It seems that Gon and Jin would have guns nailed down lore wise.

PS: They do look incredibly fragile. Their legs bending inwards and crosses turn me off :gloomy:

This post has been edited by Spirits of Vengeance: Feb 13, 2013 - 9:34 AM

Hello! I'm Spirits, the Assassin, your guide to the madness. Be like water my friend and you just may survive.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users