Blade & Soul Dojo: WILDSTAR WEDNESDAY: FEBRUARY STATE OF THE GAME - Blade & Soul Dojo

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

WILDSTAR WEDNESDAY: FEBRUARY STATE OF THE GAME Rate Topic: -----

User is offline   KingOfAce 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Group: Members
  • Class:Undecided

Posted Feb 07, 2013 - 12:52 AM

http://www.wildstar-...of_the_game.php

Alright another "State of the Game" in NC so this one stated its gonna release in ETA 2013.

WHERE IS OUR GAME T_T while other places getting B&S , "B&S State of the Game" did not even mention about the numbers like "2013"

We've always been focused on launching WildStar when it's ready, but we think that time's approaching fast. And so today, I'm very freakin' excited to share with you that our schedules are pointing towards WildStar hitting “It’s Ready” this year: 2013. We meant it when we said that this was going to be The Year of WildStar, and that begins right now.
Facts about forum...
Someone will correct you over a trivial grammatical error,and it's usually because they're not intelligent enough to actually come up with a smart argument.
All the class are overpowered except the one you using.

geez its just a game have fun man...

User is offline   Wolfie 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationLondon
  • Character:Wolfie
  • Race:Kun
  • Class:Blade Master

Posted Feb 07, 2013 - 4:47 PM

Better not mess with my Blade and Soul release. Screw this Wild Star thing game crap.
Posted Image
Blessings upon Hazama, King of Trolls.

User is offline   Napsys 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationHolland
  • Character:Napsys
  • Race:Jin
  • Guild:Nocturne: Rosacea Family

Posted Feb 07, 2013 - 6:03 PM

ehhh yeah, i dont mind trying other cool games before B&S, but whats up with this =/

they probably are afraid because theres not enough interest for BnS here yet, but this really isnt helping if you ask me.
Posted Image

User is offline   Kerro 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • LocationSweden
  • Character:Kerro
  • Race:Undecided
  • Class:Kung-Fu Master

Posted Feb 07, 2013 - 6:05 PM

This Wildstar bull is setting dates? I'm trying to stay calm, I haven't complained (up until now) and I've tried giving NCsoft time but now they're really starting to get on my nerves. And it's not because I want the game to come out quicker or whatever it's just them being douche bags that pisses me off. Don't tell me to "get hyped" and then not even update some news for over 2 months. I've read some of the posts on the facebook page and people aren't happy. All they want is a few simple words. Idk, maybe it's my fault for getting my hopes up when it obviously was a lost cause. I'll just go into hibernation again lol

User is offline   Mickey 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Character:Mickey
  • Race:Lyn
  • Guild:Thieves Den

Posted Feb 07, 2013 - 6:47 PM

If it's ready beta should have started months ago.
Posted Image
E-Vel Mickey<-- I'M SO FLUFFY I'M GONNA DIE

User is offline   Manes 

• King of Bandits (王ドロボウ)
  • Group: Subscriber
  • LocationFlorida
  • Character:Manes

Posted Feb 07, 2013 - 7:54 PM

Why are people getting upset about this? Wildstar is being developed by Carbine Studio. They have no control or idea when B&S will release info, that's Team Bloodlusts job.

I'm just as saddened as you guys that Team Bloodlust has been very horrible at hyping themselves for releasing outside of Asia, but you shouldn't blame another developer just because they're with NcSoft as well.

User is offline   Shinaji 

• Emperor of Lightning ( 雷帝 뇌제 )
  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderators
  • LocationJamaica
  • Character:Something Cool
  • Class:Assassin
  • Guild:Slayers' Tower

Posted Feb 07, 2013 - 7:58 PM

Both games are published by NCsoft but developed by 2 completely different studios.
WildStar has been in development for YEARS when it was shown it was pretty much near a beta stage.
Blade & Soul was made public even before they were in a proper Alpha.

Yes they are slacking with the news, but leave WildStar out of it they aren't the ones slowing down the game, nor does their setting a date have anything much to do with B&S.
So stop getting mad about WildStar and start wondering what they are translating so long.

User is offline   Notturno 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted Feb 07, 2013 - 11:16 PM

View PostManes, on Feb 07, 2013 - 7:54 PM, said:

Why are people getting upset about this? Wildstar is being developed by Carbine Studio. They have no control or idea when B&S will release info, that's Team Bloodlusts job.

Both true and false.

In a literal sense, yes; Carbine Studios and Team Bloodlust are entirely different development houses with their own budgets. One game does not adversely impact the other in a direct and meaningful way, unless you want to count profits being fed back into NCsoft. Either way, both games have the budgets laid out to get them both to release in North America, so that's a non-issue.

However...

NCsoft is a publicly traded company, thus they have stockholders to appease. That means you will not see two games released in the same quarter, period. In fact, I would wager that they would place a two quarter gap between each release. That means whichever game is ready first, be it Blade & Soul or WildStar, it will release first and potentially place a six month hold on the other game. There's no way they would want to inflate their stock value that much in one quarter, only to have it drop when they have a significant gap without a major expansion or game release.

User is offline   Napsys 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationHolland
  • Character:Napsys
  • Guild:Nocturne: Rosacea Family

Posted Feb 08, 2013 - 2:42 AM

View PostNotturno, on Feb 07, 2013 - 11:16 PM, said:

Both true and false.

In a literal sense, yes; Carbine Studios and Team Bloodlust are entirely different development houses with their own budgets. One game does not adversely impact the other in a direct and meaningful way, unless you want to count profits being fed back into NCsoft. Either way, both games have the budgets laid out to get them both to release in North America, so that's a non-issue.

However...

NCsoft is a publicly traded company, thus they have stockholders to appease. That means you will not see two games released in the same quarter, period. In fact, I would wager that they would place a two quarter gap between each release. That means whichever game is ready first, be it Blade & Soul or WildStar, it will release first and potentially place a six month hold on the other game. There's no way they would want to inflate their stock value that much in one quarter, only to have it drop when they have a significant gap without a major expansion or game release.

this is what i meant.

they will not release 2 games so close to each other timewise. so this post about wildstar makes it sounds they are gonna be first, and speculating B&S will be about 6 months after that, we might get to wait a damn long time as wildstar isnt even released itself yet.

but we will see, i really hope they can surprise us..
Posted Image

User is offline   Kerro 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • LocationSweden
  • Character:Kerro
  • Race:Undecided

Posted Feb 08, 2013 - 3:37 AM

I'm not upset about Wildstar coming out nor would I be upset if the release date for B&S was set in 2014. I'm upset about them not telling us about it. If its coming out around the 4th quarter then say so. If it's coming out next year then say so instead of giving people false hope. I'd rather just have them tell me "Guys, we're working on it but this isn't coming out in a long time" then them suddenly telling us to hype up and then suddenly go all silent. The whole Wildstar thing upsets me because they're actually doing something right whilst the people behind B&S are just creating confusion and frustration.

User is offline   Manes 

• King of Bandits (王ドロボウ)
  • Group: Subscriber
  • LocationFlorida
  • Character:Manes

Posted Feb 08, 2013 - 8:15 AM

Understandable. Of course, Carbine Studios only mentioned 2013 as the year of Wildstar...that could be December 30th 2013 for all know. Perhaps B&S will open up early in the year and Wildstar takes the end of the year. It's all speculation until Team Bloodlust actually remembers it has fans outside of Asia to hype up too.

Another thing to consider. Carbine studios is US based while Team Bloodlust is Korean. Perhaps NCSoft wants Wildstar to release first into the Wests market, and let B&S continue to be popularized in the Eastern market.

Regardless, it's all theory and hearsay. All we can do is wait.

User is offline   Valadhiel 

• Dojo Sensei
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationMaryland, USA
  • Class:Force Master

Posted Feb 08, 2013 - 9:18 AM

And wait I will. Wildstar looks like cartoony fun and I'll try it when it comes out. After all, I love the wild west when it's been mixed with outer space. Kinda like Firefly!
:big_smile:

This post has been edited by Valadhiel: Feb 08, 2013 - 9:19 AM

User is offline   spencerBAXLEY 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationGA, USA
  • Class:Force Master
  • Guild:Bladefall [BDF]

Posted Feb 08, 2013 - 9:23 AM

Meh, I've been looking forward to WildStar since it was announced forever ago. Can't wait to get my hands on it, if just for the humor alone.

User is offline   BrandX 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Class:Assassin

Posted Feb 14, 2013 - 9:38 PM

Nuuuu! I don't want to see BnS pushed back for WildStar! I'm interrested in both games, but BnS more! And I've been waiting on BnS longer! And they're two completely different games anyways, so likely to attract two different playerbases (yes, there will be overlap).

Gaaah. This makes me sad :(

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users