• Location「 lo ndo n 」
  • Race:Lyn
  • Class:Summoner
  • Guild:「 n oct . v isc ar ia 」

Posted Feb 06, 2013 - 4:01 PM

Guild Website - Click hereGuild Thread - Click here
Posted Image

Introduction.

Hi and welcome! The aim of this thread is to gather both old and new players together on Tera Online NA. Especially with the game recently going free-to-play, we have many on here trying the game out and I'm sure we can further the enjoyment by playing with each other. I'll also try to give a brief summary of the game for those who are still on the fence about getting it, but it is free to try after all and compared to other free MMOs currently available, TERA is definitely one of the better options to pick.

For those EU players who are unsure of playing on NA, there are certainly advantages of playing on NA over EU and you can find the reasons usually all over the statuses on the Dojo. One thing I can vouch for is that the ping is very good, I experience virtually no lag and many other EU players have confirmed the same. NA offers a better support system, a fairer cash shop and a much larger player base making the NA servers a more livelier world to play in.

The Game.

Unlike your standard point and click MMORPG, TERA uses a first person targeting system where a cursor is located on the middle screen. In order for your skills to hit, you would have to make sure your cursor is on the enemy. This makes for a more exciting style to combat. You are also able to dodge and some classes can also block. This means combat is a strategy rather then a mindless spam of buttons.

The game is gorgeous. The UI is neat enough and the scenery is quite lush. The character customization is pretty varied, both cute and husky for all personalities. 8 classes and 7 races in all. Meaning there is plenty of choice and something for everyone to enjoy.

Priest
is the all-purpose healing class.

Mystic is the hybrid healing class but have been known to heal just as good as a Priest.

Lancer is the stalwart tank using a shield and lance.

Warrior
is the dual wielding class that can double up as a tank too.

Sorcerer
is the glass cannon magic throwing wizard.

Archer
is the highly mobile, ranged bow and arrow class.

Berserker is the heavy hitting 2 handed axes that excel in AOE melee.

Slayer
is the agile 2 handed sword user that work on evasive movements and combos.

The Guild.

The guild is an international guild that will welcome all levels. The aim is creating an enjoyable atmosphere for those both new and old to play TERA in each other's company.
2 very basic rules to the guild.
1. Use your head. Taking advantage of your common sense, and do not do something to another that you wouldn't want done to you.
2. Have fun! Pretty self explanatory :)

Guild Name:
Pixel Party!

Server: Mount Tyrannas.

Members;

Button (Seluu - Priest)
Lily~ (Ururu - Archer)
Lao (Marchil - Sorcerer)
Radii (Micky - Lancer)
Pokki (Horobosu - Slayer)
Famfrit (Axington - Berserker)
Kogane (Nuae - Archer)
Supershaser (Supershaser - Warrior)
Shinsetsu (Kizu - Priest)
Valadhiel (Yukimurra - Warrior)
Vile Samael (Eweca - Lancer)

Future.

So what is the short term and long term aim? Short term, is to build a core, foundation of players from the Dojo that can enjoy TERA Online together. After that, we'll be expanding our member list to players in the game. We don't want a guild with 500 players with no shape or glue but a healthy community of gamers. This leads onto my next point, another thing we're looking into is recruiting in-game and on the official forums. Due to the mixture of timezones, the guild will promote under an International banner. Because of this, I will be needing capable Officers that can do the following;

- Activity. An obvious one but still very important as it ties in with the other responsibilities.
- Recruitment. Being able to recruit in all shapes or form. I don't mean mindless guild invite spamming to anyone not in a guild but able to talk with potential players and introduce them to the guild.
- Unbias. Of course, you're the authority of the guild but that does not mean you abuse this. You reflect how you feel about the guild through your actions.
- Team player. Prepared to go out of your way to help a guild member. Whether it's a simple question or that BAM they've been having problems with for the past hour.

These are the 4 main traits I'm looking for in commanding Officers and for now, would like 2-3 more, mainly from the NA region. If this is something you're interested in doing and have what it takes, I'm willing to give a chance for those to prove it. This is all a joint effort so let's push together to make it a fun experience for everyone. :)
Simply leave a message here and I'll add you to the list. Hopefully we can blossom this into something more enjoyable for everyone whilst we wait for Blade and Soul. :)

This post has been edited by Button: Feb 23, 2013 - 7:22 PM

Posted Image

User is offline   Okami 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Group: Members
  • LocationFinland
  • Character:Okamie
  • Race:Jin
  • Class:Assassin
  • Guild:Nocturne

Posted Feb 06, 2013 - 4:14 PM

I wanted to ask if that choosen server has query's, since EU version had literally 1000+ on every single server.
Until they released 3 new servers. (Perhaps NA will do that aswell)It's pretty fun to play on a new server,
since everyone get an equal headstart and it's fun to watch/participate in that leveling race. xD

Posted Image

User is offline   Anya 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • LocationEPT
  • Race:Kun
  • Class:Blade Master
  • Guild:Thieves Den

Posted Feb 06, 2013 - 4:15 PM

I wanna give it a go but I'm not sure whether to be a Elin/Human and Archer/Sorcerer. Any tips? :3
Posted Image
Spoiler

User is offline   Button 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Location「 lo ndo n 」

Posted Feb 06, 2013 - 4:27 PM

View PostOkami, on Feb 06, 2013 - 4:14 PM, said:

I wanted to ask if that choosen server has query's, since EU version had literally 1000+ on every single server.
Until they released 3 new servers. (Perhaps NA will do that aswell)It's pretty fun to play on a new server,
since everyone get an equal headstart and it's fun to watch/participate in that leveling race. xD

You mean queues? :)

If so, there is no queues at all on NA. I've got both EU and NA installed and I was in a 20 minute wait on EU. I'm still very new to the NA server so my character level is fairly low. Since many are also starting out, there will be a lot of us at similar levels. This means we can easily party for group quests, dungeons and BAMs/Elite Mobs.

View PostAnya, on Feb 06, 2013 - 4:15 PM, said:

I wanna give it a go but I'm not sure whether to be a Elin/Human and Archer/Sorcerer. Any tips? :3

All the female races are purdy! Elins are obviously the cutesy type whilst Human are the natural beauty.

Archer excel in mobility and stuns/traps/poisons. This helps them to be the masters of kiting.

Sorcerers do probably the highest damage in the game and are all about nuking things fast.

It's really hard to decide between the two! If I had to choose, my bias opinion would choose Sorc simply for the cool looking spells and damage. :)

Posted Image

User is offline   Calintz 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Character:Calintz

Posted Feb 06, 2013 - 4:35 PM

Is Mount Tyrannas a PvP server? I just got my computer fixed(or going to have it fixed soon) after a slight mishap and probably going to be playing a bit of TERA and GW2. I am level 53 or something on one of the servers, don't recall which but it is a PvE server. PvP or PvE doesn't bother me either way but I was thinking of going PvP this time around.
Finally a nemesis worthy of my vast intellect. Holmes versus Moriarty! Aristotle versus MASHY SPIKE PLATE!

User is offline   Shinsetsu 

• Dojo Sensei
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted Feb 06, 2013 - 4:44 PM

I would but all my toons are on the PvE server and I don't want to start over. =/
Posted Image

User is offline   Button 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Location「 lo ndo n 」

Posted Feb 06, 2013 - 5:12 PM

View PostCalintz, on Feb 06, 2013 - 4:35 PM, said:

Is Mount Tyrannas a PvP server? I just got my computer fixed(or going to have it fixed soon) after a slight mishap and probably going to be playing a bit of TERA and GW2. I am level 53 or something on one of the servers, don't recall which but it is a PvE server. PvP or PvE doesn't bother me either way but I was thinking of going PvP this time around.

MT is a PVP server! I used to play PVE because I'd hate having to deal with being ganked whilst questing. But little did I know the thrill of open world PVP would be so much fun. I definitely insist on trying PVP this time around, and even better, with us!

View PostShinsetsu, on Feb 06, 2013 - 4:44 PM, said:

I would but all my toons are on the PvE server and I don't want to start over. =/

That's a shame. As I mentioned above, PVP servers really shine in creating friends (and enemies), since the threat of world PVP encourages people to party and play together. Not saying it's not like that on PVE servers but there is definitely an incentive with PVP. And now that we're creating a dojo guild, this should make leveling especially fun.

Posted Image

User is offline   Kogane 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Character:Kogane
  • Race:Gon
  • Class:Kung-Fu Master

Posted Feb 06, 2013 - 5:20 PM

Lancer...
Archer...
Berserker...

...Why is the Fate/Stay Night theme playing in my he--UHHHH...

..I mean eh. I guess I'll give it another go. I

'm a bit interested in trying archer---but you've kind of piqued my curiosity about Sorcerer and Warrior as well. I'll probably go Archer though since I'm just not one of those people that can handle being ganged up on without going batshit. >_> Then again with sorcerer I'll be able to nuke things quickly and maybe even be super lazy while helping people at the same ti---Okay fine. Priest. -Knew this was a losing battle from the start.-

I don't recall the customization being all that awesome though. o3o

Did it get a face lift?

Perhaps it'll be more fun with people to play with. After all there's nothing like a skype call when you're fighting an amazingly difficult boss. 8D
Posted Image

User is offline   Anya 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • LocationEPT
  • Race:Kun

Posted Feb 06, 2013 - 5:21 PM

Well, after watching some videos I decided for an Elin sorceress :3

I'm not sure I'm too thrilled about a PvP server lol. Everyone is going to kill me~
Posted Image
Spoiler

User is offline   Lily~ 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Class:Force Master

Posted Feb 06, 2013 - 5:37 PM

I STILL CAN'T FREAKING DECIDE.

I'll probably roll Priest tbh, healing is usually what i do and everything else is too much effort~

Are you sticking with your lancer then? Posted Image

This post has been edited by Lily~: Feb 06, 2013 - 5:40 PM

Posted Image¬Made by Aery¬

User is offline   Button 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Location「 lo ndo n 」

Posted Feb 06, 2013 - 5:41 PM

View PostKogane, on Feb 06, 2013 - 5:20 PM, said:

Lancer...
Archer...
Berserker...

...Why is the Fate/Stay Night theme playing in my he--UHHHH...

..I mean eh. I guess I'll give it another go. I

'm a bit interested in trying archer---but you've kind of piqued my curiosity about Sorcerer and Warrior as well. I'll probably go Archer though since I'm just not one of those people that can handle being ganged up on without going batshit. >_> Then again with sorcerer I'll be able to nuke things quickly and maybe even be super lazy while helping people at the same ti---Okay fine. Priest. -Knew this was a losing battle from the start.-

I don't recall the customization being all that awesome though. o3o

Did it get a face lift?

Perhaps it'll be more fun with people to play with. After all there's nothing like a skype call when you're fighting an amazingly difficult boss. 8D

Funny you should say that, I just finished watching Fate Zero and loved it. Haha, so it's priest for you then? Ganks are inevitable! However, when grouped, the chances of it happening are slimmed greatly. In fact, you begin to get a tingling, dark feeling within you that wants to gank others instead. ;D

View PostAnya, on Feb 06, 2013 - 5:21 PM, said:

Well, after watching some videos I decided for an Elin sorceress :3

I'm not sure I'm too thrilled about a PvP server lol. Everyone is going to kill me~

Elin Sorc, cute! Don't worry, it's not as dangerous as it's made out to be. You'll barely notice the difference. :)

Posted Image

User is offline   Nekuraba 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • LocationBehind you~
  • Character:Morginna

Posted Feb 06, 2013 - 5:55 PM

Where my Tempest Reach bros at~~

User is offline   Button 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Location「 lo ndo n 」

Posted Feb 06, 2013 - 5:57 PM

View PostLily~, on Feb 06, 2013 - 5:37 PM, said:

I STILL CAN'T FREAKING DECIDE.

I'll probably roll Priest tbh, healing is usually what i do and everything else is too much effort~

Are you sticking with your lancer then? Posted Image

Lancer will be my main. I hope I'm making the right choice. Be a priest and give me them leet heals. What race?

Posted Image

User is offline   Lao 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip

Posted Feb 06, 2013 - 6:12 PM

I actually purchased TERA before it went F2P (for the founder bonus) I'm on Mount Tyrannus. Characters are:

Marchil - Elin - Sorcerer- lvl 14-15 (Main)

Obsina - Elin - Priest- lvl 12

Layil - M - High Elf - Berserker - lvl 5

Crimmell - M- Castanic - Priest - lvl 7

User is offline   Lily~ 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Class:Force Master

Posted Feb 06, 2013 - 6:16 PM

Elin of course!~

If the game would let me actually log in, i'd go level her and catch you up -.-
Posted Image¬Made by Aery¬

• Dojo Sensei
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted Feb 06, 2013 - 6:22 PM

Priest was my favorite and I was pretty good at it. But my PvE server Priest is already 60. I dunno if I'd feel like doing it all over again =/

On the other hand, I'm so bored since I don't have a game to play. And the main reason I stopped playing before was because I didn't have anyone to play with...so maybe...

This post has been edited by Shinsetsu: Feb 06, 2013 - 6:22 PM

Posted Image

User is offline   Button 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Location「 lo ndo n 」

Posted Feb 06, 2013 - 6:40 PM

Okay guys, just a quick update. I have added a poll to the thread. I'll leave it there for now and get a better understanding of where everyone wants to go tomorrow. I'm currently replying from my phone so I'll reply to you all fully when I wake up! :)
Posted Image

• Dojo Sensei
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted Feb 06, 2013 - 6:50 PM

Seem to be getting errors when I open the launcher...=/
Posted Image

User is offline   Riichi 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA
  • Character:Riichi
  • Race:Gon
  • Class:Destroyer

Posted Feb 06, 2013 - 7:44 PM

Tera servers are having issues at this moment from the F2P switch. They've been working on them for several hours and should be up soon.
Posted Image

User is offline   BLöDSKääL 

• Dojo Sensei
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Character:BLoDSKaaL
  • Guild:Slayers' Tower

Posted Feb 06, 2013 - 9:39 PM

Tera worked fine when it was p2p... it turned f2p, and issues arise. Welcome to the F2P aspect of MMos
Posted Image
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There is no law and order,
never is there equality to be found,
for love, we kill,
for murder, we die,
for death, we moan,
so why for sorrow, we love?

Share this topic:

• 8 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic