Blade & Soul Dojo: Will there be a ranged male class that isn't Lyn? - Blade & Soul Dojo

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Will there be a ranged male class that isn't Lyn? Rate Topic: -----

User is offline   Moritsuna 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Class:Undecided

Posted Feb 02, 2013 - 1:05 PM

I love playing ranged classes and I hate playing small character models. (I don't care for the supposed pvp advantage) I like looking like at least an average height guy.

Why can't there be a Jin force master?

Will they release more classes like bowman/gunner that will allow this? Though I really like dark mages though, don't know if something like that would happen.

User is offline   Leaf 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Character:Naai
  • Race:Lyn
  • Class:Summoner
  • Guild:Still searching

Posted Feb 02, 2013 - 1:44 PM

Kun can also be a force master(But they're only female)

This post has been edited by Leaf: Feb 02, 2013 - 1:45 PM

电信二区 - 斩天诀

User is online   Ghastly 

• Large Hammer Master - 槌
  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderators
  • LocationIn a swamp!
  • Race:Gon
  • Class:Destroyer
  • Guild:Thieves Den

Posted Feb 02, 2013 - 2:30 PM

There's still 1 class left, we're all predicting it will be a ranged class. Gunmaster or something like a Geomancer. My wish is that they start breaking these class/race limitations and start adapting all classes for all races.

2 handed long swords for Gons would look amazing.
Posted ImageRemember to read our Forum Rules before posting!
Have a Blade & Soul related question? Check our FAQ before creating a topic/post.
Found a topic/post that violates our Forum Rules? Use the Report button and we'll deal with it!

User is offline   Napsys 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationHolland
  • Character:Napsys
  • Race:Jin
  • Guild:Nocturne: Rosacea Family

Posted Feb 02, 2013 - 3:01 PM

G-U-N-N-E-R

GUNNERRRRR YEAAAAAH come pray with me for this amazing class <3
Posted Image

User is offline   Revast 

• Greetings!
  • View gallery
  • Group: Administrators
  • Character:Revast
  • Class:Assassin

Posted Feb 02, 2013 - 4:02 PM

View PostGhastly, on Feb 02, 2013 - 2:30 PM, said:

There's still 1 class left, we're all predicting it will be a ranged class. Gunmaster or something like a Geomancer. My wish is that they start breaking these class/race limitations and start adapting all classes for all races.

2 handed long swords for Gons would look amazing.

Keep in mind that we could end up having more than 8 on our hands. They haven't spoken much about how many classes they have planned for quite some time now, things could change. Though, obviously it would be wise to stick to the 8 classes theory considering it is the only official word, regardless of it being old.

Perhaps they are sticking with no more than 8 unique classes, and the Lyn Blade Master is considered to be some sort of spin off class that doesn't really count towards that total. Maybe they have other spin off classes planned along side the two remaining unique classes. Of course, this is just me dreaming. Gon Force Master anyone?

Who knows!? Oh wait, Team Bloodlust knows, maybe?
Posted Image
Twitch - Twitter

Remember to read our Forum Rules before posting!
Have a Blade & Soul related question? Check our FAQ before creating a topic/post.
Found a topic/post that violates our Forum Rules? Use the Report button and we'll deal with it!

User is offline   Yuri. 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Race:Undecided

Posted Feb 02, 2013 - 5:58 PM

I don't think that they will really do only 8 classes just because they don't appear to be any class planning, is more like they simply put the class that they or we want when they want.

This happen because in this game, the class balance is not like the most current MMORPGs like AION, L2, WOW... Where the classes are projected to be combined together. Is more like old PC RPGs like Diablo 1 and 2, MU and others where the classes are autonomous. So they simply can launch any class that they want when they want and this will not make too much impact to game balance.

Since the launch of the Assassin, they appears to simply hear the asks of the community and do a new class. This happened with the Summoner and with Lyn BM and probably will be done with the next one.

So, probably the next class will be a Gunslinger or some thing like it and after it maybe an eastern monk like a kekaishi that can make Kekkais, seals and some magics and/or phisical skills.
Sorry for my bad english!

User is online   Ghastly 

• Large Hammer Master - 槌
  • View gallery
  • LocationIn a swamp!
  • Race:Gon
  • Class:Destroyer

Posted Feb 02, 2013 - 6:05 PM

Both great points. B&S isn't fixed into the 3 class triangle of healer, tank, dps so they can be as creative as they want since all the classes can tank, dps, and they just heal with items.

I can't wait to see with how many classes each race end up getting. Something magical for Gon would be a lot of fun. This is why B&S is great, unlimited potential and creativity. The bad thing is that we have to wait for the classes :laugh: Waiting for mortal humans isn't always welcomed lol
Posted ImageRemember to read our Forum Rules before posting!

User is offline   LynFeels 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • LocationVirgina
  • Character:LynFeels
  • Class:Blade Master
  • Guild:Lotus

Posted Feb 02, 2013 - 6:59 PM

I thought you could change the height of lyns? If that means anyything to you

User is offline   Ryochan 

• |~Yorai Dragon~|
  • LocationNJ
  • Character:Ryochan

Posted Feb 02, 2013 - 7:29 PM

In the old trailers, Gon introduced the FM class, and Jin was also able to be FM. Right now, the traitor of your school is a Male Jin FM, so iunno what Team Bloodlust is up to.
http://www.youtube.com/yoraidragon
Rick James: "Cocain Blade and Soul is a hell of a drug." *giggles*
Posted Image

User is offline   Yuri. 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Race:Undecided

Posted Feb 02, 2013 - 9:27 PM

View PostRyochan, on Feb 02, 2013 - 7:29 PM, said:

In the old trailers, Gon introduced the FM class, and Jin was also able to be FM. Right now, the traitor of your school is a Male Jin FM, so iunno what Team Bloodlust is up to.

Maybe they want to do the same thing that they done with de Lyns BMs. A class variant.

Only the time will show.
Sorry for my bad english!

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip

Posted Feb 03, 2013 - 11:19 PM

I love playing male mages in games, love making the intelligent strategist type character (like zhuge liang inspired), I really hope they removed some class restrictions, or add more exciting male mage clases. (FM is great but kinda standard mage), maybe a darker mage like a necromancer, warlock, or even even more unconventional asian fantasy magic users.

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • LocationVirgina

Posted Feb 03, 2013 - 11:39 PM

I perfer the game to get gunner and keep it like that...we dont really need to many ranged classes with all of the melee classes running around and Summoner is like a necro..Just make the lyns taller.Also class/race restriction may keep the game diverse and a lyn carrying an axe 5times its size would just be werid :)

This post has been edited by LynFeels: Feb 03, 2013 - 11:43 PM

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip

Posted Feb 03, 2013 - 11:45 PM

View PostLynFeels, on Feb 03, 2013 - 11:39 PM, said:

I perfer the game to get gunner and keep it like that...we dont really need to many ranged classes with all of the melee classes running around and Summoner is like a necro..Just make the lyns taller.Also class/race restriction may keep the game diverse and a lyn carrying an axe 5times its size would just be werid :)

All they need to do is add gon/jin force master, and that action alone would appease ALOT of people and they wont need to add classes after the gunner for a very long time.

Oh yeah about the melee classes, if they add more ranged they could make up for it by making a spear using class, would be so badass (yeah i used to play alot of dynasty warriors xD)

This post has been edited by Moritsuna: Feb 04, 2013 - 12:10 AM

User is offline   BrandX 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted Feb 04, 2013 - 12:33 AM

View PostMoritsuna, on Feb 03, 2013 - 11:45 PM, said:

All they need to do is add gon/jin force master, and that action alone would appease ALOT of people and they wont need to add classes after the gunner for a very long time.

Oh yeah about the melee classes, if they add more ranged they could make up for it by making a spear using class, would be so badass (yeah i used to play alot of dynasty warriors xD)

I think the same thing. Make it so Jin can be Force Master and Summoner and I think the game will do great. Go without Jin having these classes, and it may miss the mark on a good size opening crowd. I think there is still a large group of the male player base that just don't want to play female characters in MMOs. There's females who think the same way, but every class appears to have a female option, so less of a worry there.

If they want to put some race restrictions on classes, I can understand that, but Jin seem very much like the race that can be every class.

User is offline   ღKurori~Iaara-Haanღ 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • LocationWonder Woman's Invisible Jet....You can't see me in that right???
  • Character:Kurori (alt Kiyrino)
  • Class:Force Master
  • Guild:N/A

Posted Feb 04, 2013 - 12:58 AM

I would like to THINK and I've been HOPING Jin's would get FM's thus making males have a ranged class~ but eh....
Posted Image

☬Forget your regrets, they're better left behind☬

User is offline   Vile Samael 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Character:Ryang Huan-Yong
  • Class:Summoner

Posted Feb 04, 2013 - 1:42 AM

View PostBrandX, on Feb 04, 2013 - 12:33 AM, said:

I think the same thing. Make it so Jin can be Force Master and Summoner and I think the game will do great. Go without Jin having these classes, and it may miss the mark on a good size opening crowd. I think there is still a large group of the male player base that just don't want to play female characters in MMOs. There's females who think the same way, but every class appears to have a female option, so less of a worry there.

If they want to put some race restrictions on classes, I can understand that, but Jin seem very much like the race that can be every class.

I think the reason only Lyn get summoner is because of their lore. I personally prefer lore over "hey look you can be this tiny little animal thing and carry around an axe 15 times your size wow also the dragging is a little awkward".

Jin FM would work though, since the one guy is a Jin FM, from what I've heard. Summoner.... no :c Leave the lore intact.
Posted Image

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • LocationVirgina

Posted Feb 04, 2013 - 5:53 AM

Jin FM would work since peeps have seen them , and a spear class would be amazing :p . But meh, i dont really care cuz ill be keeling everyone and everything with my lyn 8)

User is offline   Mickey 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Character:Mickey

Posted Feb 05, 2013 - 7:47 PM

View PostLynFeels, on Feb 04, 2013 - 5:53 AM, said:

Jin FM would work since peeps have seen them , and a spear class would be amazing :p . But meh, i dont really care cuz ill be keeling everyone and everything with my lyn 8)

ikr.
Posted Image
E-Vel Mickey<-- I'M SO FLUFFY I'M GONNA DIE

User is offline   Spirits of Vengeance 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationUSA
  • Character:Antumbra
  • Guild:None right now :(

Posted Feb 09, 2013 - 7:18 AM

Of course, the Gon cannoneer. :bowling:

Even though I really want an archer class it will probably a gun class for the Jin and Gon.

This post has been edited by Spirits of Vengeance: Feb 09, 2013 - 7:26 AM

Hello! I'm Spirits, the Assassin, your guide to the madness. Be like water my friend and you just may survive.

User is offline   Famfrit 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationLimsa at night <3
  • Character:Eifa Carey
  • Race:Kun
  • Class:Force Master

Posted Feb 09, 2013 - 8:56 AM

View PostSpirits of Vengeance, on Feb 09, 2013 - 7:18 AM, said:

Of course, the Gon cannoneer. :bowling:

Even though I really want an archer class it will probably a gun class for the Jin and Gon.

What makes you think Jin and Gon out of curiosity? :3 I'm guessing it's cause they're popular.

But Gons and Jins already have unique classes grumble grumble grumble

I wonder if each race is planned to have a unique class, or if it's just something people came up with based on the trend :?

This post has been edited by Famfrit: Feb 09, 2013 - 12:32 PM

Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users