Blade & Soul Dojo: NCsoft newsflash - Blade & Soul Dojo

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

NCsoft newsflash Radio silence? Rate Topic: ****- 1 Votes

Poll: Plase youre bets (86 member(s) have cast votes)

When will they announce something new?

1. Febuari (26 votes [30.23%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 30.23%

2. March (29 votes [33.72%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.72%

3. April (14 votes [16.28%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.28%

4. May (17 votes [19.77%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 19.77%

What will it be about?

1. Just smal talk, nothing special (44 votes [39.64%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 39.64%

2. Announce possible alpha testing (18 votes [16.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.22%

3. Announce possible Beta testing (28 votes [25.23%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.23%

4. Announce possible Release date (7 votes [6.31%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.31%

5. Possible payments information (14 votes [12.61%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.61%

Vote Guests cannot vote

User is offline   Ghastly 

• Large Hammer Master - 槌
  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderators
  • LocationIn a swamp!
  • Race:Gon
  • Class:Destroyer
  • Guild:Thieves Den

Posted Feb 06, 2013 - 1:04 AM

The silence is good and bad but if they want B&S to have a lot of people they need to start spreading the game around more...We're hungry!
Posted ImageRemember to read our Forum Rules before posting!
Have a Blade & Soul related question? Check our FAQ before creating a topic/post.
Found a topic/post that violates our Forum Rules? Use the Report button and we'll deal with it!

User is offline   KingOfAce 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Group: Members
  • Class:Undecided

Posted Feb 06, 2013 - 3:20 AM

this topic like a guessing game ..
Facts about forum...
Someone will correct you over a trivial grammatical error,and it's usually because they're not intelligent enough to actually come up with a smart argument.
All the class are overpowered except the one you using.

geez its just a game have fun man...

User is offline   Jayrune 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip
  • LocationTexas
  • Race:Undecided
  • Class:Undecided

Posted Feb 06, 2013 - 9:38 AM

guessing games can be entertaining.

and maybe NCSoft will do what aeria games did with scarlet blade and actually run an alpha before localization is completed! Hope springs eternal!

But probably not, return to your regularly scheduled video game entertainment folks, nothing to see here, yet.

This post has been edited by Jayrune: Feb 06, 2013 - 9:39 AM

Posted Image

User is offline   Kogane 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Character:Kogane
  • Class:Kung-Fu Master

Posted Feb 06, 2013 - 5:00 PM

View PostJayrune, on Feb 06, 2013 - 9:38 AM, said:

guessing games can be entertaining.

and maybe NCSoft will do what aeria games did with scarlet blade and actually run an alpha before localization is completed! Hope springs eternal!

But probably not, return to your regularly scheduled video game entertainment folks, nothing to see here, yet.

Even though I realize how big a job localization can be (Well not really...Only an inkling.)...I can't say I'm not amazingly curious about what they've done so far. I mean...they even went on to make an introductory announcement about how important it was to translate the experience to us. I guess part of my antsy behavior isn't necessarily out of pure hope that the game will be released soon...so much as just kind of wishing NCsoft's team would kind of hollar out 'We're still alive in here!'

I think I really am just curious about the progress alone. ._.
Posted Image

User is offline   †­Kensei† 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Class:Assassin

Posted Feb 06, 2013 - 7:37 PM

Scuse me, but am I the only who's NOT getting what are they westernising? Honestly, how hard is it to frikkin translate a game that is fleshed out? TBH I'd be happy if they just ran a google translate on them. Yeah sure, voice acting... It takes 1 month of work -> MAX. Servers? Well that takes about a couple of weeks. Business plan? Give it another week or two. So all in all, the whole transition shouldn't take more than four months, unless they are slacking. So all this "it's hard westernising the game" just sounds like a ton of crap to me.
Posted Image

User is offline   Ryochan 

• |~Yorai Dragon~|
  • Group: Moderators
  • LocationNJ
  • Character:Ryochan
  • Race:Jin

Posted Feb 06, 2013 - 7:56 PM

To be honest, after actually playing the Korean Version myself. There is no need to mess with drops, or experience rates.You can easily get max lvl in 1 month to a half month and 2 months being max. Content is plenty for each level, and there is a Wheel Of Fortune system now, for any major drop spots. KR already did their own "ernizing" if you ask me as far as experience and drops haha. Only thing needed to be done is bug testing, development teams, plans, voicing, and payment plans.
http://www.youtube.com/yoraidragon
Rick James: "Cocain Blade and Soul is a hell of a drug." *giggles*
Posted Image

User is offline   BrandX 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Race:Jin

Posted Feb 06, 2013 - 9:19 PM

I was really hoping yesterday would be the news day for us. :/

User is offline   Mickey 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Character:Mickey
  • Race:Lyn
  • Class:Blade Master

Posted Feb 06, 2013 - 10:09 PM

Irritated with the slow news translation is far over it most definitely should be.
Posted Image
E-Vel Mickey<-- I'M SO FLUFFY I'M GONNA DIE

User is offline   Pokki 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • LocationBehind you :3
  • Character:Pokki

Posted Feb 06, 2013 - 10:53 PM

View Post†­Kensei†, on Feb 06, 2013 - 7:37 PM, said:

Scuse me, but am I the only who's NOT getting what are they westernizing? Honestly, how hard is it to frikkin translate a game that is fleshed out? TBH I'd be happy if they just ran a Google translate on them. Yeah sure, voice acting... It takes 1 month of work -> MAX. Servers? Well that takes about a couple of weeks. Business plan? Give it another week or two. So all in all, the whole transition shouldn't take more than four months, unless they are slacking. So all this "it's hard westernizing the game" just sounds like a ton of crap to me.

Well it's not like they're ONLY dubbing, they also have to make sure what they're doing still sticks to the original without being engrish so they're probably constantly discussing it with TBL often, there are other games they have to manage along with BnS as well :brick:

This post has been edited by Pokki: Feb 06, 2013 - 10:58 PM

Posted Image

User is offline   Vile Samael 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Character:Ryang Huan-Yong
  • Class:Summoner

Posted Feb 06, 2013 - 11:15 PM

View PostPokki, on Feb 06, 2013 - 10:53 PM, said:

Well it's not like they're ONLY dubbing, they also have to make sure what they're doing still sticks to the original without being engrish so they're probably constantly discussing it with TBL often, there are other games they have to manage along with BnS as well :brick:

Usually companies have different teams of employees for each game, so I don't think management of other games is a factor here.

This post has been edited by Vile Samael: Feb 07, 2013 - 12:02 AM

Posted Image

User is offline   Pokki 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • LocationBehind you :3
  • Character:Pokki

Posted Feb 06, 2013 - 11:51 PM

View PostVile Samael, on Feb 06, 2013 - 11:15 PM, said:

Usually companies have different teams of employees for each game, so I don't think management of other games isn't a factor here.

You mean 'is'? Ah well heh, I'm not very knowledgeable about these things :big_smile: But it is true that they can't just translate everything straight out, shove it in there and say it's done without checking that everything is correctly worded and is what the creators of the game intended it to be :sweats:
Posted Image

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted Feb 07, 2013 - 12:02 AM

View PostPokki, on Feb 06, 2013 - 11:51 PM, said:

You mean 'is'? Ah well heh, I'm not very knowledgeable about these things :big_smile: But it is true that they can't just translate everything straight out, shove it in there and say it's done without checking that everything is correctly worded and is what the creators of the game intended it to be :sweats:

FRICK yeah I like rewrote that sentence a lot and forgot to fix all of it.
Posted Image

User is offline   Kin-Pantsu88 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationNetherlands
  • Race:Kun
  • Class:Force Master

Posted Feb 07, 2013 - 4:22 AM

I have been part of a fansubbing group, and I know too, TL isn't easy to do.

As exapmle from JP to ENG, there is the grammar. If you littarly translate it withour grammar, you think he is Yoda or something.
So sometimes words need to be hussled to make sence, and words needed to be added to understand what they're talking about.
And there is the part of "interpitation" 1 TL interperts that "move" or ability different then the other.

And there are special items and stuff in this game not normal from the real thing, so new words needs to be created.

I'll be using a fansub timespan as comparison, I know it's far of game translating, but at least something.
1 episode has a avarage of 23 minutes, the TL takes about roughly 5 hours to TL, but it's engrish. Many grammar mistakes.
Then the editor comes in action, to turn the engrish to engLish. Another roughly 6 hours.
And as final step comes the quality checker, he/she reads the subs again with the vid. To spot typo's and sentances that could be better changed to a easyer to read ones (somethime the asian sentance is very short, but TL in english requires sometime more words thn the asian).

So you do the math for an entire MMORPG: Dialogues, items, NPC chitchat, cutcenes, written signs in the envoirment, and the shouting from mobs you attack.

But then again:

December:
Dec the 5th: Announce they are almost done with the translation.

So my gues is they are currently working on the technical part: servers, launchers, programming.

In case youre wondering, I was part of the Hatsuyuki fansub team
Baka_Saru: Typesetter
http://hatsuyuki-fansubs.com

This post has been edited by Kin-Pantsu88: Feb 07, 2013 - 4:45 AM

Yes....I like using emotes. :D

User is offline   †­Kensei† 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip

Posted Feb 07, 2013 - 11:43 AM

View PostKin-Pantsu88, on Feb 07, 2013 - 4:22 AM, said:

As exapmle from JP to ENG, there is the grammar. If you littarly translate it withour grammar, you think he is Yoda or something.
So sometimes words need to be hussled to make sence, and words needed to be added to understand what they're talking about.
And there is the part of "interpitation" 1 TL interperts that "move" or ability different then the other.

And there are special items and stuff in this game not normal from the real thing, so new words needs to be created.

I'll be using a fansub timespan as comparison, I know it's far of game translating, but at least something.
1 episode has a avarage of 23 minutes, the TL takes about roughly 5 hours to TL, but it's engrish. Many grammar mistakes.
Then the editor comes in action, to turn the engrish to engLish. Another roughly 6 hours.
And as final step comes the quality checker, he/she reads the subs again with the vid. To spot typo's and sentances that could be better changed to a easyer to read ones (somethime the asian sentance is very short, but TL in english requires sometime more words thn the asian).

So you do the math for an entire MMORPG: Dialogues, items, NPC chitchat, cutcenes, written signs in the envoirment, and the shouting from mobs you attack.

But then again:

So my gues is they are currently working on the technical part: servers, launchers, programming.

They have very little frame sync to achieve...
Posted Image

User is offline   Kogane 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Character:Kogane

Posted Feb 07, 2013 - 1:58 PM

View PostKin-Pantsu88, on Feb 07, 2013 - 4:22 AM, said:

But then again:

One thing about localization is that the 'translating' its self actually requires more than just figuring the sentences out and putting them where they fall, like you were saying. From what I've learned from just Japanese alone is that our sentences and their sentences can be drastically different to the point of requiring entirely less space than what our's would.

How is this related? Think about it. They may have gotten the translations complete, but they also USUALLY have to recreate UIs and things so that our sentences and what not can fit. That's not just programming, that's graphical design. That's also editing the UIs and other text carrying objects in the game so that not only do they have enough space to contain the newly translated text...but they also have to practically redesign it so that it'll look just as good as the original did with the translations.

That's going into graphic design territory on many many different fronts. From simply editing a text area, to even changing the graphical textures on 3D objects. To do that you also PROBABLY have to convert the data into recognized and functional code that the software we use here in NA can recognize without having to change the system locale on our computers. That can spawn all kinds of coding issues that may have to be corrected or even completely rewritten...and that's just the tip of the iceberg. A lot of work really does go into Localization. Time and money is also very important ....So all things in honest consideration? I'm not all that surprised that we haven't gotten a solid date yet. Personally I'd avoid solid dates so I'd have room to deal with new problems as they occurred without always having to announce when something is pushed back.

Course...even with all this...

Localization can still easily be 'incomplete' for an entirely different reason.

One of which most of you probably aren't going to like....

From what I understand from just pulling up a wiki and scanning over the 'politics' behind localizing a game...its best to also realize that this game is also being released in other places. Apparently releasing a game requires a lot of finesse when you're working on an international level. I'm not sure I quite understand the details behind this...but apparently even if the game was completely finished and ready to go---there'd be a chance that they're being forced to wait due to some kind of marketing plan, or even worse simply to pacify other countries involved with the localization process. (I'm kind of hoping someone who knows what they're talking about will pick up from here.)

But yeah...Localization is a lot more than just translating a couple of sentences and copy/pasting them in place. To produce a truly presentable product you have to do the best you can on all fronts...after all, you may not think so---but I know from experience that bad localization can be detrimental to the game in ways you wouldn't expect.

....I just kind of wish they'd let us know they're alive though...
Posted Image

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted Feb 07, 2013 - 2:09 PM

Yes! Those internal politics are also part of the reason for IP blocking certain regions. It's not just ping/lag related issues.
Posted Image

User is offline   Kin-Pantsu88 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationNetherlands
  • Race:Kun

Posted Feb 07, 2013 - 2:20 PM

Those politics are a standart issue here in Europe, When a game in released in America.
It's usualy delayed by 2~3 days here in Europe due the political approval time.
To much paperwork until they get the seal of approval. :brick:

Similar what happend to the BF.3 release.
With the help of a proxy to america we in europe could validate and game ahead of that due date. :matrix:

And that is a important sentance.
:big_smile:

View PostKogane, on Feb 07, 2013 - 1:58 PM, said:

....I just kind of wish they'd let us know they're alive though...

Yes....I like using emotes. :D

User is offline   Mochii 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • LocationNorthern Ireland
  • Character:Mochi

Posted Feb 11, 2013 - 6:09 PM

I'm hoping sometime this month, cause China are already going for their Open Beta Test and passed the censor rating, but apparently they won't have the *Bouncy* *Bouncy* But getting China out of the way quick might pick up the pace here (>^_^)>
My linkhttp://bns.mmosite.com/news/02102013/passing_the_censor_blade_and_soul_cn_obt_is_approaching.shtml
:dribble:

But I'm probably grasping at straws believing anything good will come out soon, don't we still have multiple beta tests to get through, and didn't Tera take like 9 months to get from KR to EU / NA. :gloomy:
I just hope things go smoothly and hope it will be released sometime this year, although I am still hopeful for an early surprise release if that's what their up to. :adore:

I'm new to forums, so Yoroshiku :confident:

This post has been edited by Mochii: Feb 11, 2013 - 6:10 PM

Angel Beats, my Favorite anime ever!

(>^3^)> <(^_^)> <(=o=<)

Posted Image

User is offline   Mickey 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Character:Mickey

Posted Feb 11, 2013 - 6:20 PM

View PostMochii, on Feb 11, 2013 - 6:09 PM, said:

I'm hoping sometime this month, cause China are already going for their Open Beta Test and passed the censor rating, but apparently they won't have the *Bouncy* *Bouncy* But getting China out of the way quick might pick up the pace here (>^_^)>
My linkhttp://bns.mmosite.com/news/02102013/passing_the_censor_blade_and_soul_cn_obt_is_approaching.shtml
:dribble:

But I'm probably grasping at straws believing anything good will come out soon, don't we still have multiple beta tests to get through, and didn't Tera take like 9 months to get from KR to EU / NA. :gloomy:
I just hope things go smoothly and hope it will be released sometime this year, although I am still hopeful for an early surprise release if that's what their up to. :adore:

I'm new to forums, so Yoroshiku :confident:

Welcome and i also liked angel beats.
Anyway, we should be at the beta part, id want to say they're slacking but....

This post has been edited by Mickey: Feb 11, 2013 - 6:22 PM

Posted Image
E-Vel Mickey<-- I'M SO FLUFFY I'M GONNA DIE

User is offline   Rubedo 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted Feb 12, 2013 - 12:00 AM

View PostDrakeDragon, on Feb 11, 2013 - 8:58 PM, said:

using a proxy is against the rules, if a company wants to ban a region they are allowed.

They ban regions from certain servers to keep them alive longer and so that other region servers don't die, attitude like yours is why so many EU servers die.

If NC has learned anything, they should pre-strike and ban proxies before the game launches for a smoother, more solid player base, based on players who are permitted in the region server.

Any place else cries and complains when NA players use proxies to gain access to Non-NA servers, but everyone thinks its okay to download proxies to gain illegal access to NA servers.

NA NcSoft, hope you pre-ban proxies, and make region servers, not global.

People don't care until what they've been doing actually happens to them, it's quite sad. That being said I wonder how the Koreans like the few people who are leeching off their servers feel.
Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users