• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • LocationSweden
  • Character:King File
  • Race:Lyn
  • Class:Force Master

Posted Jan 30, 2013 - 12:32 PM

Good day people of the forum!

Well I've seen some videos and read a bit about this game for a while and I am hooked and hyped to play it. The thing is that I am aiming to play a ranged character for once since I always seem to pick melee. And I am tiered of being the underdog, since its way harder to play melee in most games pve and pvp wise, not because the skill cap is higher but because you have less fov, need to be in close combat, very dependent abilities that close the gap. And the fact that if you have a bad internet which I have at the moment melee is even harder to play. Enough ranting...!

My main question is since I read that the Force master has a smaller combo tree I wonder if its true that the class is easier to play. The thing is that I want a class that would equal to the mage in wow in skill cap i.e if you are a better player you will do much more impact even with bad gear. The main reason for this is that the mage has many crowd control abilities and you need to "have many balls in the air at the same time". And I don't want to play a class that I cant evolve into and get a better play style etc..

Well I am not the best at explaining things mostly cause I don't "proof read" my own post.

TLDR

Does the Force Master have a high skill cap (ceiling) even tough supposedly their combos don't chain very high.

//sincerely King File
All is relative.

User is offline   Di'el 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Character:디앨 and 아르앨
  • Class:Blade Master

Posted Jan 30, 2013 - 11:55 PM

In PvE, FMs are relatively easy to play compared to melee classes even with high ping.
They rarely tank nowadays (they usually kite adds) and have limited or no cc you can use right away.
You can say they are there for pure damage and support by freezing the party or the enemy.
Damage combos are easy to pull off. Just 2, lb, 2, lb, 2, lb, 1 and ice moves to regen chi. FFFFFFFF when the enemy is in the air or on the ground.
Supporting with ice skills while damaging takes time and experience (managing chi, ice mode, fire mode, timing the skills) but it isn't too bad.

It's tough in PvP though because they have low health and defense.
It's possible to kite melee players but if you're caught you're pretty much dead in one combo.
FM aerial combos are difficult to pull off with high ping too.
They do however have the potential to one shot players with the recent patch. (16m ranged, instant cast)

User is offline   King File 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • LocationSweden
  • Character:King File

Posted Feb 01, 2013 - 8:34 PM

Thanks , for the insightful answers. You have convinced me a bit more, don't really like the one shot thing though, maybe is gear dependent?. But I like the fact that you can probably use a lot of ice skills versus the other classes. I wonder if the class excels in 3 v 3 due to the fact that it seems to have a supportive role in a party.

Anyhow thanks, I can't wait to play and try it out. Love to know as much as possible before I pick a class :)

I can say that after playing blade and soul as a force master, it is indeed very hard and has a very high skill cap. Its like a Mage in wow but you have to aim and look at the debuffs. Must say that the UI in the game is bad, cause its hard to see some things, but acceptable. Things I did not like was that my shock wave missed at close range for some reason, don't know if it has some sort of min range, or might have been the servers fault. Did not like the standard key binds, really terrible to have fireball on R while you move with D, you lose control instantly, thankfully you can rebind ( I recommend E for fire and shift E for ice). Seems to be really lacking customization of spells early game, I'm level 11 and I have the same skills from level 5. I will try out the other classes as well but I think that fore master might potentially be one of the hardest to master because of the kiting aspect. I wish it had some more combos for the sake for complexity, but might be more once you're max level.

This game is definitely one of the best mmos I've played combat wise in a long time and I think PvP will be really fun and challenging.

This post has been edited by King File: Feb 04, 2013 - 8:06 AM

All is relative.

User is offline   DayBreeze 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Character:DayBreeze
  • Race:Jin
  • Class:Kung-Fu Master

Posted Feb 02, 2013 - 3:11 AM

View PostKing File, on Feb 01, 2013 - 8:34 PM, said:

Thanks , for the insightful answers. You have convinced me a bit more, don't really like the one shot thing though, maybe is gear dependent?. But I like the fact that you can probably use a lot of ice skills versus the other classes. I wonder if the class excels in 3 v 3 due to the fact that it seems to have a supportive role in a party.

Anyhow thanks, I can't wait to play and try it out. Love to know as much as possible before I pick a class :)

I can say that after playing blade and soul as a force master, it is indeed very hard and has a very high skill cap. Its like a Mage in wow but you have to aim and look at the debuffs. Must say that the UI in the game is bad, cause its hard to see some things, but acceptable. Things I did not like was that my shock wave missed at close range for some reason, don't know if it has some sort of min range, or might have been the servers fault. Did not like the standard key binds, really terrible to have fireball on R while you move with D, you lose control instantly, thankfully you can rebind ( I recommend E for fire and shift E for ice). Seems to be really lacking customization of spells early game, I'm level 11 and I have the same skills from level 5. I will try out the other classes as well but I think that fore master might potentially be one of the hardest to master because of the kiting aspect. I wish it had some more combos for the sake for complexity, but might be more once you're max level.

This game is defiantly one of the best mmos I've played combat wise in a long time and I think PvP will be really fun and challenging.

right. don't base your opinion of a class using your experience from an incomplete private server. force masters require some skill to master, much more skill than destroyers and assassins at least. from what i remember force masters are not really needed in low level dungeons, it is not until you get to the higher level dungeons that force masters become useful. in PVP, expect to eat a lot of dust, that low HP gonna haunt you, and assassins more so. for combos FMs only need to think of ways to force the target to use up their emergency escape buttons, and then they be forced to tank your highest power skills.

User is offline   Dun1007 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • LocationWulin
  • Character:Dun1007
  • Guild:Companion

Posted Jun 19, 2013 - 12:25 PM

I play force master myself but don't really find PvE to be skill intensive. Most people don't expect you to tank anything and you just sit behind facerolling on the keyboard. Heck even tanking isn't that hard unless you spike like crazy.

You will have some massive headache in PvP arena though. FM has no 'press2win' skill and therefore has to build up advantage from scratch by constantly applying icy debuff to not allow gap closer, but it is extremely rough to pull off for an unexperienced player with high ping :x
Posted Image
Blade&Soul Entire Story&Cinematics, English Subbed : Clicky!
- Heroic Dungeon Cinematics

English Patch Contributor / Guild Master of Companion - Glory to Blue Masterrace!
Join one of the largest English B&S Communities at 电信八区 - 铁血丹心 server here
Find My Works @ Youtube : http://www.youtube.com/user/Dun1007

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users