Blade & Soul Dojo: Blade & Soul install: NSIS error launching installer - Blade & Soul Dojo

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Blade & Soul install: NSIS error launching installer Trying to install BNS, but I cant get the installer to run Rate Topic: -----

User is offline   Roberto Tomás 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Character:HoKu
  • Class:Undecided

Posted Jan 30, 2013 - 10:02 AM

Last night I downloaded the game installer from qq.com, but I can't launch the installer. Instead it gives me "NSIS Error launching installer". I have read that this is usually a bad CRC check, but when I re-launch the downloader it verifies the download, so I can see it is not that.

Many programs use this NSIS check: sometimes the fix for this is to launch the program manually from the commandline with the flag "/NCRC", but this didn't work either.

Does anyone know how I can get around this issue, or why I am having it when the downloader itself verifies the downloads just fine?

edit: Update — I've verified the archives with 7zip, since the parts are obviously 7zip compressed archives. They are completely fine, and 7zip can extract the data manually. I just don't know how to trigger the install once its been extracted. PS> Did you know that parts of this game are from October of 2005?? Crazy right? According to their file naming conventions, it is true (ie there are files with month and year written on them, going back that far).

2nd Update — Simply running the extracted files doesn't work, I get the error message below, which says that it thinks it is already running and I have to close out before restarting.

错误码:3, 80000, 4B
处理建议:您的环境中已启动其他游戏,请关闭其他游戏或重启机器后再试。

I also don't get that nice clean Chinese script, but rather a bunch of latin-character jibberish: the game doesn't localize properly without install, I can tell because my system is configured for Singapore and displays east Asian text just fine normally

3rd Update — I know I am almost micro-blogging my install process — sorry for that. But I've had a partial break-through. I realized that the localization errors I was seeing in the install window showed that it wasn't handling Chinese characters well, and I'd installed into C:\Program Files (x86)\腾讯游戏 ... so I did the obvious thing: copied the files over to E:\BNS (something where the path can't be a problem) .. and now the installer launches. :)

I could go on with the installer, but I can't read anything.. The installer's text still has that jibberish where there should be nice clean Chinese characters. The normal Control+C to copy doesn't work, even though the window is a standard looking system-drawn window. But I can show you a screen cap:
Posted Image

At this point I think I just need to figure out how to get it to work with the modern language settings for windows 8, so I can read what I am seeing. Any ideas?

This post has been edited by Roberto Tomás: Jan 30, 2013 - 10:03 AM

电信二区 斩天诀 拳师 19 冷水Nairobi

User is offline   LightningKiller 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Character:LightningKiller
  • Race:Jin
  • Class:Kung-Fu Master
  • Guild:HysTeria

Posted Jan 30, 2013 - 10:38 AM

chinese cbt is ended..

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip

Posted Jan 30, 2013 - 11:09 AM

View PostLightningKiller, on Jan 30, 2013 - 10:38 AM, said:

chinese cbt is ended..

ummm.... oh no! :pudency: but I read somewhere on the bns.qq.com site that Chinese OBT is running from December 2012 until May of 2013!

This post has been edited by Roberto Tomás: Jan 30, 2013 - 11:27 AM

电信二区 斩天诀 拳师 19 冷水Nairobi

User is offline   LightningKiller 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Character:LightningKiller
  • Race:Jin
  • Guild:HysTeria

Posted Jan 30, 2013 - 2:15 PM

well that is all i know , cuz one of my friends was playing in chinese version , and he tell me 2 days ago the chinese cbt is ended , dont know about obt xD ,

User is offline   Ghastly 

• Large Hammer Master - 槌
  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderators
  • LocationIn a swamp!
  • Race:Gon
  • Class:Destroyer
  • Guild:Thieves Den

Posted Jan 30, 2013 - 3:09 PM

To install B&S on some computers you need to change your regional language to Korean (or Chinese) in your case. Go to control Panel and find Regions option.

Moreover, you shouldn't be playing B&S in Chinese...wait for the NA/EU version.
Posted ImageRemember to read our Forum Rules before posting!
Have a Blade & Soul related question? Check our FAQ before creating a topic/post.
Found a topic/post that violates our Forum Rules? Use the Report button and we'll deal with it!

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip

Posted Jan 30, 2013 - 6:21 PM

View PostGhastly, on Jan 30, 2013 - 3:09 PM, said:

Moreover, you shouldn't be playing B&S in Chinese...wait for the NA/EU version.

but.. I was born in china! :big_smile:

This post has been edited by Roberto Tomás: Jan 30, 2013 - 6:21 PM

电信二区 斩天诀 拳师 19 冷水Nairobi

User is offline   SeanX 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip

Posted Jan 30, 2013 - 7:18 PM

Ok ~let me tell you . I played CBT2 this time and reached to lvl37,and it closed 2 weeks ago. It will be close beta 3 after 2 months In may or April.
However, if you don;t know how to read chinses, i perfer just give up cuz there are only two ways to get qualifications. First one, people who was lvl36 or over lvl36 in CBT2 get qualifications, second one is that we have to collect point from activity of qq , i don;t know how much we need yet, but last time was 16 point to get qualification to play it.

BTW~ what the Quote say is they closed the server, so you can;t launch to the game. It happened to me when server was updata, and it is not your computer problem ~bro!

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip

Posted Jan 30, 2013 - 10:33 PM

View PostSeanX, on Jan 30, 2013 - 7:18 PM, said:

However, if you don;t know how to read chinses, i perfer just give up cuz there are only two ways to get qualifications.

Yeah, it is apparently a pretty common problem. All the recent posts on the microblog are like: #剑灵极智封测# 2013年1月29日,今天我第一天才晓得早就发激活码了,能不能这么几个月能给我手机啥的发下通知吗,现在害我都玩不了,激活码也不晓得在哪里拿,气人!

(notice the date)

This post has been edited by Roberto Tomás: Jan 30, 2013 - 10:50 PM

电信二区 斩天诀 拳师 19 冷水Nairobi

User is offline   SeanX 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip

Posted Jan 30, 2013 - 11:06 PM

Cuz they want to get next qualification whih is hard to get it ~

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1