• View gallery
  • Group: Moderators
  • LocationJamaica
  • Character:Something Cool
  • Race:Jin
  • Class:Assassin
  • Guild:Slayers' Tower

Posted Jan 27, 2013 - 5:08 PM

I think he's referring to the targeting system and the hit boxes mostly, the way how they work. Because I noticed that myself. B&S just has the addd active blocking and parrying.I think B&S also still has RNG in it with evasion stats.
B&S does also have group combos but in a less direct way than GW2 which is designed around the group, B&S is kinda indirect, save for the condition system for the boss fights. But even in that team work is so much needed as it is a bonus.

User is offline   Mythicalbrit 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Class:Kung-Fu Master

Posted Jan 27, 2013 - 6:06 PM

View PostVile Samael, on Jan 27, 2013 - 5:05 PM, said:

That's very true. Other than that, though, BnS and GW2 have very similar combat systems. Not the same, no, but very similar.

I dunno I have played both and can say they feel VASTLY different even if they have similarities from a design point the end result was 2 products on 2 different sides of the combat system spectrum.

User is offline   KTcraft 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • LocationUS
  • Race:Lyn
  • Class:Undecided

Posted Jan 27, 2013 - 6:18 PM

I have to agree with Mythic, Guild Wars 2 has a good combat system, but it feels more like an evolved version of the traditional MMO combat style like WoW and AION, rather then something radical. Blade and Soul I feel differs significantly from hack and slash action mmos like Vindictus and Tera, and traditional mmos like WoW.
Posted Image

User is offline   Shinaji 

• Emperor of Lightning ( 雷帝 뇌제 )
  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderators
  • LocationJamaica
  • Character:Something Cool
  • Guild:Slayers' Tower

Posted Jan 27, 2013 - 8:24 PM

Well I'll have to say after having played both they both felt similar except B&S added a few things that made it shine more for me.
They feel less similar the higher you get in B&S though. Though I must say playing the Thief class in GW2 is where I really start to feel the similarities.
GW2 still has one or two old tropes that hold it closer to the old traditional system

User is offline   KingOfAce 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted Feb 27, 2013 - 3:01 AM

use your head and imagine BnS with Tera combat system...90% of the time your kung fu or special attack will be hitting air,the reason why BnS current system is because of the combo skill and chain skill.
Facts about forum...
Someone will correct you over a trivial grammatical error,and it's usually because they're not intelligent enough to actually come up with a smart argument.
All the class are overpowered except the one you using.

geez its just a game have fun man...

User is offline   Aari 

• Dojo Sensei
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Character:Aari

Posted Feb 27, 2013 - 3:09 AM

Look at the picture, thats what would happen :)

Posted Image
Posted Image
Click the Picute for a Livestream with B&S and Tera in 1080p
Youtube Channel with BnS Gameplay & Guides

User is offline   Nique no Nihonto 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • LocationWest Coast with the Most
  • Character:undecided
  • Race:Undecided
  • Guild:undecided

Posted Mar 03, 2013 - 12:41 AM

Keep this discussion going! I've played Tera (2 x level 60's) and I like the combat system for it's difference to older MMO's. I'm deeply curious how BnS compares. I've heard rumors and have seen videos (that validates those rumors) where the targeting is a bit clunky.

On another note, I've followed BnS since it's inception but now my interest is waning. This game is taking way too long. It's like marrying a trophy wife. Very hot the first few years, but seeing the same woman every day you start to get bored with her. Eventually, you cheat, then a divorce. The same thing happened to me with Aion which ended up with me never subscribing, even though I was super excited about it. Will they ever learn?

User is offline   Soujiro 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip
  • Class:Blade Master

Posted Mar 03, 2013 - 12:33 PM

I play TERA, have a lvl 60 sorc and I also played B&S in CBT with Force Master. Here is something that may help:

When throwing a fireball FM has to lock on a target. But if you rotate the character a little, and throw the fireball, you will miss. Well in TERA is exactly the same, you have a circle to aim at enemies, and if you rotate and the enemy is out of the circle, you will miss. So I guess for the ranged classes, TERA and B&S are practically the same, being the only difference that in TERA when you are "targeting" an enemy, there's nothing indicating you are doing it. However when u target an enemy on B&S, the enemy is surrounded by a red aura.

On the close combat classes, they work different. TERA has a pure action no-targeting system, while B&S is a bit more limited, which is good, because B&S has, for example, grab attacks that wouldn't make any sense if you can not target your enemy. However, targeting someone in B&S doesn't mean that if an untargeted enemy gets closer you won't hit him, YOU WILL.

So yeah, TERA and B&S have different mechanics but the final effect is pretty much the same.

This post has been edited by Soujiro: Mar 03, 2013 - 12:34 PM

User is offline   KingOfAce 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted Mar 03, 2013 - 12:45 PM

View PostNique no Nihonto, on Mar 03, 2013 - 12:41 AM, said:

Keep this discussion going!

Really? its pointless and its always ended up to the point where "tera or BnS which is better?"
the main points of action system between 2 games has been explained over trillion times on this topics.

This post has been edited by KingOfAce: Mar 03, 2013 - 12:46 PM

Facts about forum...
Someone will correct you over a trivial grammatical error,and it's usually because they're not intelligent enough to actually come up with a smart argument.
All the class are overpowered except the one you using.

geez its just a game have fun man...

User is offline   Phangs 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip
  • Character:Phang
  • Race:Gon
  • Class:Destroyer

Posted Mar 03, 2013 - 1:00 PM

View PostKTcraft, on Jan 26, 2013 - 4:46 PM, said:

It's like a 3d Fighting game, if you think about it, technically all 3d fighters have a lock on system already, as the game auto orients the players towards each other. Blade and Soul's combat system is much more similar to a fighting game in the way combos function, and the lock on system it has makes it work properly. Its a lot less like an action game such as God of War or Dynasty Warriors-Tera felt more like a hack n slash action style,

^ 100% this. And that's the reason i love b&s .
Played tera (korean beta) long time ago and didn't like it, ended up deleting those 20+gb the next day.
B&S kinda reminds me of soul calibur, a laggy soul calibur with random parries and critical hits.

This post has been edited by Phangs: Mar 03, 2013 - 1:02 PM

Posted Image

User is offline   BeKure 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Character:Male

Posted Apr 20, 2013 - 2:47 AM

So how does B&S "lock on" combat system work in regards to PvP? Can you block or dodge the lock on attacks like you can in Tera?
Bekure is the name, pronounced [beck-rah]

User is offline   Dorakyura 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Character:Hineko

Posted Apr 22, 2013 - 6:47 AM

View PostBeKure, on Apr 20, 2013 - 2:47 AM, said:

So how does B&S "lock on" combat system work in regards to PvP? Can you block or dodge the lock on attacks like you can in Tera?

yes you can, you have invulnerability frames during dodge, which can avoid even big AOE damage.
Block usually only effects frontal attacks, but with the right timing you can stun the enemy on top of blocking the damage.
Posted Image

User is offline   derrien 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Character:Derrien
  • Guild:Starfall

Posted Apr 22, 2013 - 10:39 AM

Unlike tera there are no lockon skills.

User is offline   Aari 

• Dojo Sensei
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Character:Aari

Posted Apr 22, 2013 - 11:20 AM

View Postderrien, on Apr 22, 2013 - 10:39 AM, said:

Unlike tera there are no lockon skills.

Actually, the whole game works with lock on skills. The combat is a auto lock on target based combat~
Its a different kind of action combat. More based on timings and rotations compared to Teras wich is more about aiming and positioning.

I'd say both are action oriented, Tera is more "free" in the sense of aiming while BnS is more fluent in its gameplay as it doesnt lock in into as many animations as Tera does.
Posted Image
Click the Picute for a Livestream with B&S and Tera in 1080p
Youtube Channel with BnS Gameplay & Guides

User is offline   derrien 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Character:Derrien
  • Guild:Starfall

Posted Apr 26, 2013 - 1:49 AM

He said he's playing tera and he asked about lock-ons. As you know its a name of a very specific mechanic in tera. And thats what i was talking about.
You cant lock on someone, then turn your screen 180 and still hit your targen upon casting the spell.

Bns has targeting support. Kinda reminds me of autoaim in fps games. If thats what you meant with lockon, the i totaly agree.

User is offline   Rubedo 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted Apr 26, 2013 - 3:01 AM

I'm curious, if there's ping or lag between you and an opponent in PvP, and you hit them on your screen but on theirs you don't, does the hit count?

Does this apply to certain moves?

If there are DoT moves in-game (I'm too tired to remember or look it up) will the DoT effects show up if this occurs?

(I'll rewrite later for better understanding... maybe... eventually... probably not)

This post has been edited by Rubedo: Apr 26, 2013 - 3:01 AM

Posted Image

User is offline   LoliStelleia 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Location电信一区 / 铁傀王
  • Character:Stelleia

Posted Apr 26, 2013 - 2:10 PM

I actually think that it does have "true" action combat....from the videos I've seen online it just seems like the type of game thats really engaging for you....and i know i will enjoy it when it releases <3

Because its not just pressing 1-9 you really use most all of your keyboard and there are plenty of combos to learn as you go... but its also easy for people that aren't so hardcore gamers. And they can catch on quick, because there is a system that highlights your skills so you can execute moves more efficiently.. i mean they can't just think about the "hardcore gamers" they have to think about other consumers... mostly the people that "might" just be starting into mmos? i mean there are so many possiable things to think about when creating a game... they can't just focus on one type of consumer...

(so sorry for the rabble.. i honestly didn't really mean to rabble so im stopping myself now xD;;; but yea.. thats the point i was trying to make C: )

Again this is my opinion xD;;; but mostly thats what companies think about....every possible outlook~

~Stella❤

Posted Image
❤ Artist ~ Gamer Girl ~ Loli ~ Free Thinker ~ Out-going and Random ❤

❤ Im A Little Loli...Short and cute.. Here Is My Ears and Here is my Fluffy Tail *3* ❤

!! Now playing CN B&S !!
Region - 电信一区
Server - 铁傀王

User is offline   kChanel 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip
  • View gallery
  • LocationSoCal
  • Character:kChanel
  • Race:Kun

Posted Apr 28, 2013 - 2:39 PM

I played TERA quite a bit up until the most recent patches. Had all the tier 13 stuff +12 and what not. I can say that the game did manage to keep my interest when there was nothing better to play. It did get boring spamming instances and waiting for hell mode cooldowns...but all in all it was a fun game! I'm hoping that B&S lives up to all the hype and can become my new home! (:

I can't say that I know how b&s's combat system works but it seems in some ways similar to TERA. My only experiences so far were some bad ones on Atomix but yeah... ._. haha!

This post has been edited by kChanel: Apr 28, 2013 - 2:40 PM

Posted Image

My gallery of randomness!

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users