• LocationJamaica
  • Character:Something Cool
  • Race:Jin
  • Class:Assassin
  • Guild:Slayers' Tower

Posted Oct 22, 2010 - 9:14 PM

Check it out another one! Lol.

*IMPORTANT*

Usually, closed beta test means that the game is almost finished. This is not the case in ArcheAge. They have developed the games basics, and are launching the closed beta to listen to the player's reviews, thoughts, feelings. They have also said, that even tho they released so small amount of information, the players are waiting for a supernova or something, the devs are afraid, that the game wont meet the expectations of most people. As the developers say, the game is FAR FAR FAR away from completed, and can make a bad impression during the 1st closed beta test. They have Boldsized said that the combat system is far from being finished, and nothing is optimized, finished, complete, or 100% sure in the combat system.

*IMPORTANT*

This is another MMO claiming to be NEXT GENERATION.
Good news though, Beta for this starts tomorrow. In Korea I believe, so that means that if it tickles anyone's interest it'll be around soon.
I'm slightly working with a new budding gaming network that's currently working on a fansite for this game, so I figured I'd be nice for me to share info. :P

ArcheAge Online

ArcheAge Online

Races | Skills | Housing | Labor Power | UI

This game was developed by the Creator of Linage and uses the CryEngine 2, that's right 2.

One aspect that this game boasts is that YOU will make the history of this game, sounds as if you can become a history figure of the game as the lore progresses and also you directly affect the landscape and such.

Youtube Links
cbAyXISJ0aA

TMZNXW7cFCs

e-RYhkImZ-g

y_2VhosQ_ds

A couple videos compiled into one. Showing game play and some UI features.

Now I don't have too many details about the game istelf but I suspect once Closed Beta kicks off tomorrow there will be more information flooding around.
ArcheAge Online

Interview with Jake Song Part 1

Interview with Jake Song Part 2

Over 500 Screenshots from ArcheAge's first CBT

ArchAge has it's own English Website now.
ArcheAge Online

Also a new screenshot.

Posted Image

Races | Skills | Housing | Labor Power | UI

Game Features Full freedom. There will be a continent that is fully player controlled. You build the cities, town, villages, etc.
y_2VhosQ_ds

___________________________________________________________________________________

Here is a video on this Page. ArcheAge will have Naval battles.
That's right you and your guildies get on a ship and go sink the enemy's ship.
My interest in this game just sparked and blazed.

Naval Battle System

_________________________________________________________________________________

All That we know about ArchAge

*IMPORTANT*

Usually, closed beta test means that the game is almost finished. This is not the case in ArcheAge. They have developed the games basics, and are launching the closed beta to listen to the player's reviews, thoughts, feelings. They have also said, that even tho they released so small amount of information, the players are waiting for a supernova or something, the devs are afraid, that the game wont meet the expectations of most people. As the developers say, the game is FAR FAR FAR away from completed, and can make a bad impression during the 1st closed beta test. They have Boldsized said that the combat system is far from being finished, and nothing is optimized, finished, complete, or 100% sure in the combat system.

*IMPORTANT*

Highlights

About the game –the developers promise us a community like in Ultima Online, PvE like in World of Warcraft and PvP like in Lineage 2. The game itself is developed as a “Sandbox” – where the player is completely free to chose what to do, and how to live. He doesn’t have to develop in strict boundaries like in World of Warcraft for example. GRB (Game Rating Board) – South Korean organization, that sets a game age rating, set 15+ for ArcheAge. The budget of the game is 25 million dollars. 15 million of investments from GigaMedia and 10 million from the company’s budget. Koreans want players to have a big impact on the world: each server will be unique, due to players developing their world’s history, map themselves.
There are 8 races in the game world, 5 of which are said to be unique.

Details about the game.
Class pick is like in Ultima Online – You choose between Warrior, Priest, Mage, Ranger, and the 5th choice is CUSTOM – you can make yourself. The system of classes works like this:
You have 10 main combat skills. When you start, you can pick only 3 of them. Afterwards, you can deactivate some, activate others, but the maximum activated is set at 3. So overall it makes 120 variations possible.
Skills -
Combat - Close combat
Witchcraft - Debuffs, Crowd control.
Invincibility - Tanks skills, all for defense and survivability.
Will - Magical damage, magic defence, opening portals.
Necromancy - Necromancer. Period.
Wild nature - Ranger, taming skills.
Magic - Magic.
Assasin - Burst damage pvp build.
Romance - Buffs (you sing, you play)
Love - Heal and resurrect allies.

The size of the world exceeds the size of World of Warcraft. In total, there are 3 continents, 1 of which can be conquered by players, and hold sieges like in Lineage 2. The other two have some sort of war going on between them. The world is seamless, you can travel between continents with the help of a boat. The developers don't want to implement teleportation, since it will destroy the feeling of a massive world. There is no information yet, about player controlled boats.

About mass pvp - yes, it will be included, even in this stage of the project. 100 people can move without lags, interacting with each other. The boy will be target based for most spells and range, melee skills, some of which can be used on territory like in WoW or UO for example. There is also mounted combat. In the fight, you can raise yourself or your enemies in the air, like seen on screenshots. There was some ranger dude floating in the air, shooting people from the sky noticed already. Magic doesnt use reagents.

User is online   Valadhiel 

• Dojo Sensei
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • LocationMaryland, USA
  • Class:Force Master

Posted Oct 23, 2010 - 9:11 AM

Wow ... very long post. I'm still not sure what to make of this one. It looks interesting though. I love the animation on the water for the naval battle.

Any word on this baby being brought over to NA?

This post has been edited by Valadhiel: Oct 23, 2010 - 9:13 AM

User is offline   Shinaji 

• Emperor of Lightning ( 雷帝 뇌제 )
  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderators
  • LocationJamaica

Posted Oct 23, 2010 - 10:39 PM

View PostValadhiel, on Oct 23, 2010 - 9:11 AM, said:

Wow ... very long post. I'm still not sure what to make of this one. It looks interesting though. I love the animation on the water for the naval battle.

Any word on this baby being brought over to NA?

Yes, the NA fansite had sent them a package containing their suggestions and letters of support for the developers and basically sharing their love for the game. They got this response from a representative.

Hodl that note I can't find the reply. x.x

But basically what they said was they do plan a Western release, however they do not have a lot of cash yet so they can't say when it will be done. I'd imagine they'd seek out a western company to put it out, as they've found one for China. So if En Mass is done with TERA by then maybe they might be doing this one. Haha..... I hope note. -.-

P.S. I'm sorry about all the info, I'd been updating it on another forum (Jamaican Gamers forum) so once the naval battle info was released I got excited and copy pasted it all here. Lol.

This post has been edited by Shinaji: Oct 23, 2010 - 10:40 PM

• Dojo Sensei
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted Oct 24, 2010 - 8:05 AM

Thanks for all the info! I expect you to continue updating this game for me. :big_smile:

User is offline   Elimer 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • Group: Translator
  • LocationSeoul, S.Korea
  • Character:Elimer
  • Race:Gon
  • Class:Kung-Fu Master
  • Guild:Piercing Wolves(穿狼)

Posted Oct 24, 2010 - 8:08 AM

Archeage, Maybe the only true rival of B&S in Korea...
(Um.... except Guild Wars 2, I think GW2 can`t release until B&S`s full service...)

Of course, this game has a weak point... It requires too many PC resources! :cry: (CryEngine 2)
B&S Official Site(Korean) : http://bns.plaync.co.kr
You can see me in there! Nickname: 엘라이머 (same as 'Elimer', Just Korean.)

• View gallery
  • LocationJamaica

Posted Oct 24, 2010 - 11:46 AM

Yea according to the investor's report, Blade and Soul will have Korea for 6-12months and Guild Wars 2 Will have NA/EU for 6 - 12 Months before they cross over.

I hope they don't localize/westernize Blade & Soul though, I want the Oriental stories. So Translation is all I hope they do to it.

Well by the time ArcheAge is out I should have a Mega Computer. :thumbsup:

Speaking of which, Elimer, what is the Buzz about Guild Wars 2 in Korea? I'm wondering if it's highly anticipated and what they think about it.

View PostValadhiel, on Oct 24, 2010 - 8:05 AM, said:

Thanks for all the info! I expect you to continue updating this game for me. :big_smile:

The Task is mine. *bow*

This post has been edited by Shinaji: Oct 24, 2010 - 3:12 PM

• Dojo Sensei
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted Oct 24, 2010 - 12:22 PM

Well, if they do translation ... I hope that it makes sense. Sometimes ... *shakes head* ... translators suck. Our translators HERE are pretty good, but I can't tell you the number of times I've watched some Anime with Japanese audio and English subtitles ... and it just made no freakin' sense!
:joss_stick:

User is offline   Mark 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Race:Undecided
  • Class:Undecided

Posted Oct 25, 2010 - 11:49 PM

View PostShinaji, on Oct 23, 2010 - 10:39 PM, said:

Yes, the NA fansite had sent them a package containing their suggestions and letters of support for the developers and basically sharing their love for the game. They got this response from a representative.

Hodl that note I can't find the reply. x.x

Here it is:

http://community.arc...peices-of-news/

• View gallery
  • LocationJamaica

Posted Oct 26, 2010 - 12:52 AM

View PostMark, on Oct 25, 2010 - 11:49 PM, said:

Thank you Mark.

• Dojo Sensei
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted Oct 26, 2010 - 6:51 AM

So we're in for a wait then. :confuse:

User is offline   MaD_BunNy 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • LocationAthens, Greece
  • Character:MadBunny
  • Race:Lyn
  • Guild:Loner

Posted Oct 27, 2010 - 10:53 AM

It looks like an advanced DarkFall Online with better graphics etc. It looks very nice with great potential. The thing is, will a new company like XLGAMES manage to deliver what they say? I hope they succeed and create an awesome mmo. :big_smile:
Posted Image
Found a topic/post that violates our rules? Use the Report button and we will deal with it.
Have a question? Check our FAQ before creating a topic/post.
Need a Dojo ID Card? Visit the Issuing Center.

• View gallery
  • LocationJamaica

Posted Oct 28, 2010 - 12:45 PM

Mark I stole this off your website. :thumbsup:

Prison System
Sign Post System
Naval System (Traveling, Trading and fighting)

I think I love this game. This is where MMOs should have evolved to, full freedom, not lobby and instances.

According to an interview with Kyung-Tae Kim, the lead planner at XLGames, the second closed beta test of ArcheAge will be focused on battles at sea. Not only firefights, hand-to-hand combat is also available on the open ocean! Many more features are still in development, such as fishing in the middle of the ocean, housing on a deserted island, and hunting sea monsters.

Ships will be operated by players. One person should drive the ship while the others adjust the sails and fire the artillery. Of course one player can do all of these tasks, but it would be extremely difficult. The ship will be unsummoned when players disembark just like mounts (so no one can steal it).

The housing system will not limit players from building what they want to, but house types and sizes will be classified. Houses will have either a garden, a farm, or both. Players can put a farm tile next to the house later just like "WeRule" allows (a game for smartphones).

The wall of a castle will be constructed in a method similar to working with LEGO blocks. There will be no limitation since the wall will divide one’s territory from others. Players can also hire NPCs to inhabit their buildings.

A crime system will be also introduced for the first time. Players can report PKers by looting the blood of PKees, and the PKer will be debuffed and sentenced to jail for number of PKs comitted. Debuffed players cannot do anything but work in the jail. The funny thing here is that players can randomly loot a spoon and may break out of jail with it just like in the movie The Shawshank Redemption!

Among ArcheAge's many new systems is signposts, a pretty awesome and potentially unique feature. With this system, players can help each other complete quests by sticking a signpost near NPCs. Players can write walk-throughs or locations on the signpost or even teleport people to a specific location for a small fee. This keeps players in the game, not wasting time on third-party wikis or databases.

The registration for the second CBT of ArcheAge is ongoing and ends on the 31st. Servers will be up from November 4th to the 7th. The new build will feature new battle and craft skills and fixes the awkward movement animations of players characters. The UI will also be tweaked during this test.

Source: ArcheAge-Online.com

This post has been edited by Shinaji: Oct 29, 2010 - 12:43 PM

• Dojo Sensei
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted Oct 29, 2010 - 6:19 AM

Oh gawd ... this sounds pretty freakin' cool!!! :dribble: The crime system! I LOVE IT!! PKers BEWARE!!!! :matrix: I wish I could read and write Korean. :gloomy:

By the way, the movie won't load. Maybe it's because I'm at work? I dunno.

This post has been edited by Valadhiel: Oct 29, 2010 - 6:20 AM

• View gallery
  • LocationJamaica

Posted Oct 29, 2010 - 12:44 PM

View PostValadhiel, on Oct 29, 2010 - 6:19 AM, said:

Oh gawd ... this sounds pretty freakin' cool!!! :dribble: The crime system! I LOVE IT!! PKers BEWARE!!!! :matrix: I wish I could read and write Korean. :gloomy:

By the way, the movie won't load. Maybe it's because I'm at work? I dunno.

Hmm well I toyed with the video URL so maybe it might work. I noticed it didn't come up when I checked in a second ago.

I was never a PKer but I was a PKer hunter so I hope there is some kind of bounty, I know what I'd be doing all day long~

User is offline   Choji 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Character:Choji
  • Class:Blade Master

Posted Oct 29, 2010 - 12:57 PM

Sounds amazing.

I do like the idea of a crime system, but I'd prefer if the player who was PKing would be actively hunted down by NPCs or players, instead of just insta-jailed. Though, we haven't received word on how that will work, yet, so I can't really say anything.

Looks like something to at least try.

User is offline   Manes 

• King of Bandits (王ドロボウ)
  • View blog
  • Group: Subscriber
  • LocationFlorida
  • Character:Manes
  • Guild:Thieves Den

Posted Oct 29, 2010 - 1:00 PM

View PostShinaji, on Oct 29, 2010 - 12:44 PM, said:

Hmm well I toyed with the video URL so maybe it might work. I noticed it didn't come up when I checked in a second ago.

I was never a PKer but I was a PKer hunter so I hope there is some kind of bounty, I know what I'd be doing all day long~

The idea of a jail system was suppose to be implimented during development of Age of Conan Online, where the prisoner had to move boulders, get things thrown at him by people visiting, and getting lashed at by whips. It was scrapped and I'm not sure why it was...Possibly from the tears of many a Pker.

I suspect it might happen to this game as well.

• Dojo Sensei
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted Oct 29, 2010 - 1:03 PM

View PostShinaji, on Oct 29, 2010 - 12:44 PM, said:

Heh. It's visible now, but you know what? Someone posted it on the TERA Off-Topic forum. :big_smile:

I'll copy and paste my comment from there:

You know what my favorite thing is about this video? The way the boat moves. It's like a REAL boat! It doesn't just sit flat like it's just resting on a piece of concrete. It actually bobs in the waves! I loved that segment where it slid from the doc into the water and the way the waves splashed over the bow. FANTASTIC!!

And the swimming!! *SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!*

This post has been edited by Valadhiel: Oct 29, 2010 - 1:21 PM

• View gallery
  • LocationJamaica

Posted Oct 29, 2010 - 1:39 PM

View PostManes, on Oct 29, 2010 - 1:00 PM, said:

The idea of a jail system was suppose to be implimented during development of Age of Conan Online, where the prisoner had to move boulders, get things thrown at him by people visiting, and getting lashed at by whips. It was scrapped and I'm not sure why it was...Possibly from the tears of many a Pker.

I suspect it might happen to this game as well.

Well the difference is this is being made in Korea. :thumbsup:
Plus I've seen positive feedback about it from PKers and non PKers alike so far. It's not popularly known west side yet though.

User is offline   Manes 

• King of Bandits (王ドロボウ)
  • View blog
  • Group: Subscriber
  • LocationFlorida
  • Character:Manes
  • Guild:Thieves Den

Posted Oct 29, 2010 - 2:08 PM

View PostShinaji, on Oct 29, 2010 - 1:39 PM, said:

Well the difference is this is being made in Korea. :thumbsup:
Plus I've seen positive feedback about it from PKers and non PKers alike so far. It's not popularly known west side yet though.

Hope you're right, Crime and Punishment should go together like Peanut Butter and Jelly! Smothered on the bread of JUSTICE!!!!

SPOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Dojo Sensei
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted Oct 29, 2010 - 2:15 PM

View PostManes, on Oct 29, 2010 - 2:08 PM, said:

Hope you're right, Crime and Punishment should go together like Peanut Butter and Jelly! Smothered on the bread of JUSTICE!!!!

SPOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HA! I love that! :haha: Of course, I don't like PB&J sammiches. I like them separate, but not together.

Share this topic:

• 26 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users