Blade & Soul Dojo: With next gen consoles almost here, Blade and Soul needs to make an appearance soon - Blade & Soul Dojo

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

With next gen consoles almost here, Blade and Soul needs to make an appearance soon Rate Topic: -----

User is offline   Wtfownedu 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Race:Lyn
  • Class:Blade Master

Posted Feb 08, 2013 - 12:38 PM

if anyone wants to play bns competitively they wont playit on the console

User is offline   Ghastly 

• Large Hammer Master - 槌
  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderators
  • LocationIn a swamp!
  • Race:Gon
  • Class:Destroyer
  • Guild:Thieves Den

Posted Feb 08, 2013 - 2:25 PM

Never say never :laugh: They said the same thing about me in SFIV (as it pertains to controllers) and I'm one of the best SFIV players you can find.
Posted ImageRemember to read our Forum Rules before posting!
Have a Blade & Soul related question? Check our FAQ before creating a topic/post.
Found a topic/post that violates our Forum Rules? Use the Report button and we'll deal with it!

User is offline   Wtfownedu 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip

Posted Feb 08, 2013 - 5:51 PM

mouse is faster and a gaming mouse os always better than a controller. with the same player skill a mouse outperforms a controller

User is offline   Phangs 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip
  • Character:Phang

Posted Feb 09, 2013 - 11:05 AM

About the main topic, No i don't think new consoles will affect B&S in the slightest... why would they?

View PostWtfownedu, on Feb 08, 2013 - 5:51 PM, said:

mouse is faster and a gaming mouse os always better than a controller. with the same player skill a mouse outperforms a controller

Not when you play fighting games. Ghastly was talking about SFIV, in that matter the only thing better than a pad is an arcade stick. For me consoles are all about fighting games and PC is just about B&S. (pc gamers only play fps, tps, mmo, rts and things like that )

This post has been edited by Phangs: Feb 09, 2013 - 11:06 AM

Posted Image

User is offline   Lagoz 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip
  • LocationFinland
  • Character:Zudiz

Posted Feb 13, 2013 - 6:41 AM

I have my fears that this game will not come out in the west and even if it does the only possible formats are B2P or F2P.
Tera offering a lot the same elements and aiming to the same group of players as this game kinda blocks out any possibility for P2P.

NCSoft having not said a thing towards us in last few months points to the game being stalled/very far from ready/cancelled.

As people have already said in this thread, there are intense MMORPG titles coming out and this game is losing it's hype day by day.
IGN: Zudiz
Class: Destroyer
Server: 网通五区
Sub-server: 白清剑
Guild: Insomnia
Faction: Blue

User is offline   Itachi.Uchiha 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Character:Itachi.Uchiha
  • Race:Jin
  • Class:Kung-Fu Master

Posted Feb 13, 2013 - 7:51 AM

I don't know id this is stated on this post yet, but I was to lazy to read through all of them so I will say it anyway.

First of all, blade and soul shouldn't be on consoles if you ask me.
I mean every consoles has their own exclusives, which I hate, since I don't own a console (except the ps vita, but that a replacement for my old smartphone, now I use a simple nokia instead with 1 week battery life)
So I see MMO's as an exclusive for PC's. And if they would release for consoles too, the release date will be delayed too, so I don't want it at all.

Besides from that, you stated on this topic that it has to make an appearance with the next gen console. Well that would be for commercial purposes only, since blade and soul doesn't have any content considering next gen graphics.

It should have at least some directx11 aspects like tessellation, or using huge amounts of particles. set aside these are actually 3 years old. So unless it has no next gen graphics content to show, there is no reason for it to make an appearance accordingly.
Posted Image

真実を見せてやる
shinjitsu o misete yaru

ROSACEA FAMILY
- "Shall I fight for you?"

User is offline   BrandX 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Class:Assassin

Posted Feb 13, 2013 - 9:14 AM

View PostLagoz, on Feb 13, 2013 - 6:41 AM, said:

I have my fears that this game will not come out in the west and even if it does the only possible formats are B2P or F2P.
Tera offering a lot the same elements and aiming to the same group of players as this game kinda blocks out any possibility for P2P.

NCSoft having not said a thing towards us in last few months points to the game being stalled/very far from ready/cancelled.

As people have already said in this thread, there are intense MMORPG titles coming out and this game is losing it's hype day by day.

I wouldn't worry to much about TERA, because it's player base isn't going to be the most loyal of playerbases in the end. They'll go in, see it's pretty, and then realize it's for the most part a solo game, and last I recall (someone can correct me if I'm wrong) it still lacks many RP emotes (like walking).

I love TERA, but once my friends left and I was left with just the playerbase, the game became way less fun. May be easy enough to solo the content, but when you find every guild is about level 60 play, ignoring lower level members, it will draw people away. Haven't been able to get back into TERA and I had at least one friend return to TERA (before it went F2P).

User is offline   Lagoz 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip
  • LocationFinland
  • Character:Zudiz

Posted Feb 15, 2013 - 5:21 AM

View PostBrandX, on Feb 13, 2013 - 9:14 AM, said:

I wouldn't worry to much about TERA, because it's player base isn't going to be the most loyal of playerbases in the end. They'll go in, see it's pretty, and then realize it's for the most part a solo game, and last I recall (someone can correct me if I'm wrong) it still lacks many RP emotes (like walking).

I love TERA, but once my friends left and I was left with just the playerbase, the game became way less fun. May be easy enough to solo the content, but when you find every guild is about level 60 play, ignoring lower level members, it will draw people away. Haven't been able to get back into TERA and I had at least one friend return to TERA (before it went F2P).

But the real question is that will people pay for B&S when Tera is free.
(If B&S ever comes out)

This post has been edited by Lagoz: Feb 15, 2013 - 5:21 AM

IGN: Zudiz
Class: Destroyer
Server: 网通五区
Sub-server: 白清剑
Guild: Insomnia
Faction: Blue

User is offline   BrandX 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted Feb 15, 2013 - 5:39 AM

View PostLagoz, on Feb 15, 2013 - 5:21 AM, said:

But the real question is that will people pay for B&S when Tera is free.
(If B&S ever comes out)

BnS has the much better customization, I think that will go over a long way. Not to mention, TERA is free, so they can play BnS and always go back to the free game.

User is offline   KTcraft 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • LocationUS
  • Class:Undecided

Posted Feb 23, 2013 - 12:05 AM

DANG! So i finally got around to re-reading this thread again and stumbled across the spat between Shinaji and Ghastly....

Feel like I'm playing with fire doing this but w/e.

Gotta say for being just "dissapointed", Shinaji, your post was pretty umm.... angry sounding- not that I don't agree with some earlier points made, but it was definitely an attack. Might I recommend anger management.....

And you Ghastly, I don't care if you did or did not insult Shinaji... the starting of your post...

"We can agree to disagree. I'm here to discuss but you seem to want to impose your will on others; being dismissive and completely not engaging the points presented. I do understand and respect your points however (this is how discussions should be)."

Sorry but you sound like an arrogant jerk trying to make yourself seem civil, all the while throwing out snide remarks (IE. told ya so).

Expect a bit more maturity from the staff but hey... can't have everything.

On another note...
As much as I am looking forward to BnS, I believe the main selling point to the game(and almost exclusive selling point) is the unique combat system... but to the average person who doesn't want to spend time researching game mechanics, it will just look like any other asian themed mmo with cool animations, and given the choice between Tera(free to play) and Archeage(great graphics and sandbox elements) I feel BnS may get passed over, unless some hardcore marketing is done.

This post has been edited by KTcraft: Feb 23, 2013 - 12:11 AM

Posted Image

User is offline   Amaro57 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Guild:Slayers' Tower

Posted Feb 23, 2013 - 1:29 AM

I am honestly interested in Blade and Soul simply for the art and animations. I would still play this game if it was a basic clicker, but the fact that it has a unique combat system and seemingly fun PvP is a plus as well. People look for different things in their MMOs.

That being said, the reason I have my doubts about MMOs on consoles is because MMOs are a bit tricky to configure for the static specs and architecture of consoles. Meaning that you'd have to test all the different possibilities of stressful situations which include player congestion if you're aiming for a QA product. Hell, even some i7s humble in the face of player traffic in different MMOs. Combine that with the time it takes to properly optimize for said console configuration and you have a doozy on your hands. Just look at how FFXIV 2.0 is going for the PS3 if you want a current example.

I don't particularly think we'll be seeing B&S specifically on consoles anytime soon. KR operates differently than JP after all.

• View gallery
  • LocationIn a swamp!

Posted Feb 23, 2013 - 2:31 AM

KTCraft, that's just humans being humans :laugh:
I agree that it should've been dropped in the beginning by both sides but this is just like politics, the pc and console debate will never end well, ever.

But I end my posts the same way, staying true to the topic. B&S on console would be amazing and a great opportunity. Square-Enix is going to do that and succeed. NCsoft will not. I get a feeling FFXIV will live for 10 or so years like FFXI.
Have a Blade & Soul related question? Check our FAQ before creating a topic/post.
Found a topic/post that violates our Forum Rules? Use the Report button and we'll deal with it!

User is offline   Masataka 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • LocationGreece
  • Character:dunno yet

Posted Feb 23, 2013 - 7:14 AM

i prefer to upgrade my PC than buy new gen console.these things will cost w a y more than $500 and game prices will be like buying 2 pc games

View PostPhangs, on Feb 09, 2013 - 11:05 AM, said:

(pc gamers only play fps, tps, mmo, rts and things like that )

i play every game with keyboard,aside fighting games that i don't like.its easier to play Kingdom of Amalur,Darksiders 2,ACR/3 with keyboard..i wanted to buy ps4,but,if ps3 cost around €300 and its out for soooooooo loooooong,i don't wanna know how much ps4 or 720 and their games will cost.in 1-2 year after their release that price will be be kinda cheaper maybe i'll buy

This post has been edited by Masataka: Feb 23, 2013 - 7:43 AM

User is offline   Mythicalbrit 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Class:Kung-Fu Master

Posted Feb 23, 2013 - 9:34 AM

considering that Sony had a press conference for the PS4 it isnt really "almost here" they are well within the foreseeable future. I dont know about alot of you, but personally I have stopped caring. I'll be back around when I hear a Alpha/CB Date till then my attention span has been exhausted by them so I'm off.

This post has been edited by Mythicalbrit: Feb 23, 2013 - 9:34 AM

User is offline   Mickey 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Character:Mickey

Posted Feb 23, 2013 - 10:46 AM

Ps4 is said to come out sometimes around Christmas and 720 rumored the summer.
Posted Image
E-Vel Mickey<-- I'M SO FLUFFY I'M GONNA DIE

User is offline   Sinfulhope 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip

Posted Mar 01, 2013 - 3:09 PM

View PostViauxi, on Jan 23, 2013 - 11:49 PM, said:

never said it was a bad thing. just saying, F2P mmo usually try to take it to the extreme. for example: Maplestory...

while nexon is complete trash, i have to say the rate that gamers burn through content is ridiculous, f2p or not MMO content will be burned in minimum of 2 months maximum 4 months. p2p games are notorious for having nothing to do endgame on release.(Swotor/tera/Aion/TSW/GW2) and those were all p2p(b2p) games, so f2p has no bearing on how much content is produce, now shit head companies (nexon) have more of a reason why their games suck, not f2p.

what annoys me the most is that theres been no updates on that status of this game for months, cant they give us anything? a tweet?facebook update? official site news? heck ill even take an email newsletter at this point.

This post has been edited by Sinfulhope: Mar 01, 2013 - 3:11 PM

User is offline   Mickey 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Character:Mickey

Posted Mar 27, 2013 - 11:49 AM

So is it coming to console...I wonder
Posted Image
E-Vel Mickey<-- I'M SO FLUFFY I'M GONNA DIE

• View gallery
  • LocationIn a swamp!

Posted Mar 27, 2013 - 12:32 PM

I hope it is. ps4 and the next xbos are here this year so NCsoft not porting it to both is just them losing on potential customers...It's a big deal to release games on consoles. The quantity of audiences you can reach is huge and B&S in every way feels like a console game.

I'll stop repeating the same stuff I've been saying but we'll see.

User is offline   Boseiai 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip
  • LocationLondon

Posted Mar 28, 2013 - 9:24 AM

Hmmm, well for my point of veiw, personally I wouldn't buy it for the consoles. For the simple fact that, for me, an MMORPG game feels best with a keyboard and mouse. That's just me. I can't stand the usual right stick for aiming.
Posted Image

User is offline   Famfrit 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationLimsa at night <3
  • Character:Eifa Carey
  • Race:Kun
  • Class:Force Master

Posted Mar 28, 2013 - 10:54 AM

I'd like it to come to console, or get controller support at the very least. I find playing with a controller much more comfortable with everything all compact and within reaching distance ^_^ Plus it would feel a bit like a hack 'n' slash which would be incredible.

This post has been edited by Famfrit: Mar 28, 2013 - 10:55 AM

Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users