Blade & Soul Dojo: With next gen consoles almost here, Blade and Soul needs to make an appearance soon - Blade & Soul Dojo

• 5 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

With next gen consoles almost here, Blade and Soul needs to make an appearance soon Rate Topic: -----

User is offline   Tashigi 

• Optimized
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Class:Undecided

Posted Jan 25, 2013 - 1:31 PM

Only thing new there, is multi threading honestly -- which isn't exactly "new" per say, since it's been around in PC systems for years now.
If anything, this will make it more difficult to port games like B&S to it.

User is offline   Lady Estellise 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Character:Lady Estellise

Posted Jan 25, 2013 - 3:07 PM

Modern consoles are being more and more built after PC's. Which makes sense, as internet has become a huge role on console gaming
Holy power that defies my enemies; Resist!

Posted Image
~Signature by Aery~

User is offline   Tashigi 

• Optimized
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted Jan 25, 2013 - 3:34 PM

Consoles have always followed closely with PC hardware. Even the original Atari/Nintendo/etc systems.
Games like Metal Gear and a few others were originally PC games, ported to the Nintendo later on, to give you an example of how far back this goes. Only in the late 90's and early 2000's did consoles dominate the "1st party" licensing areas. However, this is slowly returning back to it's original roots.

No matter how much anyone could struggle and argue, there is a tremendous amount of synergy between consoles and PC. This will only become more and more apparent from here on, now that consumers and developers are becoming more and more self aware.

User is offline   Mizuki 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • LocationUSA
  • Race:Jin
  • Class:Blade Master

Posted Jan 25, 2013 - 5:29 PM

All I know is the new consoles and tablets will make huge changes in gaming development across the board.
Posted Image
Lets go Blade and Soul!

User is offline   BloodJoker 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationLos Angeles
  • Character:BloodJoker
  • Guild:Slayers Tower

Posted Jan 28, 2013 - 7:14 PM

getting back to the Blade and Soul releasing topic... I agree with Tashigi about TES being a VERY big problem to BNS cuz ive been following this game since 2009, but in that time Skyrim and now Elder Scrolls Online have shown up and i gotta say they look very very appealing... and BNS isnt doing anything to change my mind... Im pretty sure that Elder Scrolls is gonna come out before BNS and (this coming from a realy BNS fan) if Elder Scrolls is good enough... i just might not bother playing Blade and soul when it comes out...
No mercy for the weak, No pity for the dying, No tears for the slain
Posted Image
In the midst of the Empire stand the most powerful symbol of strength known to the entire region, Slayers Tower.
Signature By: Blue Sky 900

User is offline   Mickey 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Character:Mickey
  • Race:Lyn
  • Guild:Thieves Den

Posted Jan 28, 2013 - 8:18 PM

Yeah, if next gen consoles come out before this I think I'd rather pay $200-300 for that than Pay $400 for computer upgrades

This post has been edited by Stacked Ares: Jan 28, 2013 - 8:18 PM

Posted Image
E-Vel Mickey<-- I'M SO FLUFFY I'M GONNA DIE

User is offline   Button 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Location「 lo ndo n 」
  • Class:Summoner
  • Guild:「 n oct . v isc ar ia 」

Posted Jan 29, 2013 - 11:51 PM

Consoles aren't really the competition, but more the larger publicised MMO's that are due to release this year. PC technology can and forever adapt to the evolving market compared to the somewhat stagnant console. As many have mentioned, there are some serious contenders coming this year and B&S will have some very stiff opponents.

Posted Image

User is offline   Kogane 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Character:Kogane
  • Race:Gon
  • Class:Kung-Fu Master

Posted Jan 31, 2013 - 12:16 PM

I think the main thing thats being forgotten here is that Consoles are pretty much just specialized computers.

The main reasons PCs should still survive just fine in the gaming world is thus:

As long as console graphical abilities and what not are being created so shall PC graphical abilities and designs.

Due to that alone powerful computers are necessary---and lets note the existence of emulators are proof enough that consoles don't replace PCs. It merely means that PCs merely need the right software and hit the hardware just right...and they can play any game you know of. It also means some people out there would rather play with a machine that can perform just fine playing all different kinds of software rather than being limited to a single type and yanked around by marketing.

Besides as far as cost goes---People are STILL going to be buying PCs. They are not going to be phased out anytime soon, especially as long as the idea of being able to build your own exists. (Which I have a feeling the companies are struggling to do what-with the all in one and cloud computing talk.) Its just you can hang up the idea of merely buying the computer just for games. True enough as far as games go its smart to buy a console at first....however---your console can't do everything a PC can just yet. Course on top of that a well built PC can easily out last the use of a console in even gaming---especially since you can replace the parts of it, and upgrade it anyway you like and normally you don't have to worry TOO MUCH about a PC being backwards compatible and having no chance for a fix for it. (Though this is not always true.)

That said PCs themselves---and by connection games made for them and MMOs that run on them aren't really in any danger at all from that market so long as they are needed for common things ( and maybe not so common like graphic design.). Trust me---that's not going to change at all. Lol

Plus what with the demands for a better PC growing, and the need to cheaply create something innovative that one can profit from...It will probably eventually become a little easier to keep up in the race without paying an arm and a leg. This is if the laptop and desktop market is to survive the onslaught of mobile devices and the like. (Though to be honest I don't honestly thing mobile devices are there yet. They have potential but there's so much they still can't do.)

Now on the subject of BnS---if anything is going to kill it. Its going the be the PR and delay on its own. Personally I'll still give BnS a go even after I've played the 'bigger contenders' merely just to see if its worth notice compared to everything else---because I believe even if there are bigger contenders, those bigger contenders can and will have their own problems that BnS might likely avoid. Every game does this. Course this is all assuming they don't wind up canceling the whole thing because people forgot it was there to the point where even people investing in it are like 'lol wut? You guys are still here?'

So the summery here is :

- Consoles aren't going to phase out or even really stutter PC gaming ever. (Because someone out there is GOING to only have a PC or simply prefer PC gaming.)

- BnS PR and Delay will probably cause the whole project to suicide on its own.

- I enjoy walks on the beach and electronic music.

I could be wrong---but that's pretty much my view on it.
Posted Image

User is offline   BrandX 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Class:Assassin

Posted Feb 01, 2013 - 10:35 PM

Hmmm...I can't see Elder Scrolls Online taking my attention away from BnS. It's another D&D style fantasy game really. Also, I never cared for the Elder Scroll games before the MMO. The art style was never to my liking either.

Neverwinter Nights looked promising, I'm not so sure now. Yeah, another D&D style fantasy game, but I liked the graphics I saw at PAX and character customization (last I knew) was way up there, but now it's looking like F2P WoW.

They do need to hype up BnS more though and give us some info. I'm not saying every little things, but let us know they're out there!

User is offline   Ghastly 

• Large Hammer Master - 槌
  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderators
  • LocationIn a swamp!
  • Class:Destroyer

Posted Feb 02, 2013 - 10:47 AM

Elder Scrolls is too different from B&S to make a huge difference but the Duke Nukem forever effect is the real killer here. They need not to keep their fans wondering.
Posted ImageRemember to read our Forum Rules before posting!
Have a Blade & Soul related question? Check our FAQ before creating a topic/post.
Found a topic/post that violates our Forum Rules? Use the Report button and we'll deal with it!

User is offline   Sake 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • LocationFL
  • Character:Sake

Posted Feb 02, 2013 - 3:10 PM

View PostStacked Ares, on Jan 24, 2013 - 7:37 PM, said:

Getting upgrades every year for your computer will be worse.

Currently what im seeing consoles are being released almost every year so to say that a computer is worse is just retarded.And you can easily build a computer that can last 5 years just fine.

This post has been edited by Sake: Feb 02, 2013 - 3:29 PM

• View gallery
  • LocationIn a swamp!

Posted Feb 02, 2013 - 3:20 PM

Let's keep it civil, there is no need for name calling. As far as the upgrades are concerned; the current generation of consoles have been out for 6 years already. PC has its place but so do consoles. Different mentalities and fanbase. PC players feel like buying a console + games is a waste of money. Console players feel buying/building a PC with lack of substantial triple A games per year is a waste of money and time. You never see a "bored" console gamer for a reason, consoles get more games per year (new games) than PC does.

It's the same Democrat-Republican debate. The same Microsoft-Apple debate. Same world, different mentalities. Trying to impose our own will onto the opposite side will never ever work.

Instead we should focus on B&S and how it could release on consoles or how console games can/will affect it. It won't affect B&S since it's an mmorpg but it can help it if NCsoft does create and release it for consoles. Best to hold off until next gen consoles though and those are around the corner starting next year.

FFXIV will feel this very much, just the fact that console players can play and access it is a huge plus.
Have a Blade & Soul related question? Check our FAQ before creating a topic/post.
Found a topic/post that violates our Forum Rules? Use the Report button and we'll deal with it!

User is offline   Sake 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • LocationFL
  • Character:Sake

Posted Feb 02, 2013 - 3:28 PM

[quote name='Ghastly' timestamp='1359836449' post='137063']
Let's keep it civil, there is no need for name calling. As far as the upgrades are concerned; the current generation of consoles have been out for 6 years already. PC has its place but so do consoles. Different mentalities and fanbase. PC players feel like buying a console + games is a waste of money. Console players feel buying/building a PC with lack of substantial triple A games per year is a waste of money and time. You never see a "bored" console gamer for a reason, consoles get more games per year (new games) than PC does.

It's the same Democrat-Republican debate. The same Microsoft-Apple debate. Same world, different mentalities. Trying to impose our own will onto the opposite side will never ever work.

Instead we should focus on B&S and how it could release on consoles or how console games can/will affect it. It won't affect B&S since it's an mmorpg but it can help it if NCsoft does create and release it for consoles. Best to hold off until next gen consoles though and those are around the corner starting next year.

FFXIV will feel this very much, just the fact that console players can play and access it is a huge plus.
[/quote

http://en.wikipedia....o_game_consoles
go down to seventh generation.
And i didnt call him a retard, it was what he said that was retarded.

This post has been edited by Sake: Feb 02, 2013 - 3:29 PM

User is offline   Shinaji 

• Emperor of Lightning ( 雷帝 뇌제 )
  • View gallery
  • LocationJamaica
  • Character:Something Cool
  • Guild:Slayers' Tower

Posted Feb 02, 2013 - 3:35 PM

View PostGhastly, on Feb 02, 2013 - 3:20 PM, said:

Console players feel buying/building a PC with lack of substantial triple A games per year is a waste of money and time.

You're either going to do some research or stop talking on this subject all together. Doesn't make you look good to keep repeating the same nonsense over and over again.

You never see a bored Console gamer? Where the hell do you get all this non-sense for the love of common sense stop it.
There were so few exclusive titles last year, not to mention PC already gets tons of it's own Triple A games. Just stop.

• View gallery
  • LocationIn a swamp!

Posted Feb 02, 2013 - 6:38 PM

View PostSake, on Feb 02, 2013 - 3:28 PM, said:

http://en.wikipedia....o_game_consoles
go down to seventh generation.
And i didnt call him a retard, it was what he said that was retarded.

Slim versions aren't new consoles though. That people get if they want or if they don't already own the system.

View PostShinaji, on Feb 02, 2013 - 3:35 PM, said:

You're either going to do some research or stop talking on this subject all together. Doesn't make you look good to keep repeating the same nonsense over and over again.

You never see a bored Console gamer? Where the hell do you get all this non-sense for the love of common sense stop it.
There were so few exclusive titles last year, not to mention PC already gets tons of it's own Triple A games. Just stop.

From my observation I notice a trend where PC gamers are always bored waiting for the next big game. That isn't the point of my entire post though. It's nice of you to take snippets of it though.

Outside of mmorpgs I would like you to actually list pc exclusives (triple A) titles that would make anyone choose a PC over a console. That list most likely doesn't go all the way to 10 or limited to 2 genres.

We can actually have a good discussion about this instead of getting all worked up :laugh: Seriously, there's no point in a reply full of rage.

User is offline   Mickey 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Character:Mickey

Posted Feb 02, 2013 - 6:41 PM

I'm both but mostly console but pc i use pc when i don't have live.
Posted Image
E-Vel Mickey<-- I'M SO FLUFFY I'M GONNA DIE

User is offline   KTcraft 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • LocationUS

Posted Feb 02, 2013 - 8:20 PM

View PostGhastly, on Feb 02, 2013 - 6:38 PM, said:

From my observation I notice a trend where PC gamers are always bored waiting for the next big game. That isn't the point of my entire post though. It's nice of you to take snippets of it though.

Outside of mmorpgs I would like you to actually list pc exclusives (triple A) titles that would make anyone choose a PC over a console. That list most likely doesn't go all the way to 10 or limited to 2 genres.

A major advantage to the PC is the continuous content being released. A game I play is World of Tanks, and there has been DOZENS of significant content updates since its release in 2010, and its unlikely to stop. It is a VERY different game from release, consoles can't say the same beyond balance patches. This somewhat counterbalances the "quantity" of games that consoles get.

As for pc specific games that people might be interested..... there are hundreds. The most obvious ones being specifically MMOs or RTS since those are not usually seen on consoles with a few exceptions. As for other games you have arena based action games, shooters and single player RPGs.

World of tanks is a good example of a game that is unique to both consoles and PC, but you also have games like S4 League, Gunz, Mech Warrior Online, and hawken that exist outside of the two PC "exclusive" genres(RTS/MMO)

As for cost. Lets say you have a college student, he has just graduated high school and is getting ready to move into a dorm(typical gamer material). He is interested in purchasing a game system. However, he has no tech going into college, so he must budget his savings carefully. What can he do?
Some options....

OPTION 1: Buy a console and a cheap computer
OPTION 2: Buy a console but skip the computer-who needs school anyway
OPTION 3: Buy/make a gaming computer

Probably not a huge gap between 1 and 3 in price.....

Also final point- STEAM-nuff said

This post has been edited by KTcraft: Feb 02, 2013 - 8:21 PM

Posted Image

User is offline   Vile Samael 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Character:Ryang Huan-Yong
  • Class:Summoner

Posted Feb 02, 2013 - 9:32 PM

View PostKTcraft, on Feb 02, 2013 - 8:20 PM, said:

STEAM

Posted Image

User is offline   Shinaji 

• Emperor of Lightning ( 雷帝 뇌제 )
  • View gallery
  • LocationJamaica
  • Character:Something Cool
  • Guild:Slayers' Tower

Posted Feb 06, 2013 - 3:37 PM

View PostGhastly, on Feb 02, 2013 - 6:38 PM, said:

Slim versions aren't new consoles though. That people get if they want or if they don't already own the system.

We can actually have a good discussion about this instead of getting all worked up :laugh: Seriously, there's no point in a reply full of rage.

It's not rage, it's pure disappointment, you keep disappointing me and I don't know why I keep expecting better. But that's it though. I don't expect anything sensible from you anymore on this sort of topic.
Also I don't agree with exclusives, and any sensible developer wouldn't want to make an exclusive title unless they are bound by a contract (Bayonetta on WiiU) or it's an in house title. (Nintendo) Still think the entire exclusive thing is a dead weight on the market.
Sensible developers for PC titles (as well as consoles) would avoid it because you want the largest market and the largest possible profit.
We'd do better to look at the Triple A games made for PC then restrained to work on old arse console hardware.
There are TONs look at any big steam sale check the developer bundles.

But yeah disappointed so I've decided not to expect anything sensible from you on this topic.
I mean you also seem to have this delusion that MMOs are the only titles on PC. Hilarious.

• View gallery
  • LocationIn a swamp!

Posted Feb 06, 2013 - 4:32 PM

View PostShinaji, on Feb 06, 2013 - 3:37 PM, said:

It's not rage, it's pure disappointment, you keep disappointing me and I don't know why I keep expecting better. But that's it though. I don't expect anything sensible from you anymore on this sort of topic.
Also I don't agree with exclusives, and any sensible developer wouldn't want to make an exclusive title unless they are bound by a contract (Bayonetta on WiiU) or it's an in house title. (Nintendo) Still think the entire exclusive thing is a dead weight on the market.
Sensible developers for PC titles (as well as consoles) would avoid it because you want the largest market and the largest possible profit.
We'd do better to look at the Triple A games made for PC then restrained to work on old arse console hardware.
There are TONs look at any big steam sale check the developer bundles.

But yeah disappointed so I've decided not to expect anything sensible from you on this topic.
I mean you also seem to have this delusion that MMOs are the only titles on PC. Hilarious.

We can agree to disagree. I'm here to discuss but you seem to want to impose your will on others; being dismissive and completely not engaging the points presented. I do understand and respect your points however (this is how discussions should be).

The point about exclusives and "developer in their right mind" is a point that could bring about a good discussion. On this point I'll say that from all the years of gaming, exclusives end up as the most memorable, best rated, and acclaimed games known. From the Mario games on NES to the Crash Bandicoot, Gran Turismos, Halos, Zeldas, and Uncharteds. There are always good multiplatform games but when a gamer chooses a system over the others; exclusives undoubtedly is one of, if not the first thing they think about. What am I missing if I get a PC over a ps3, wii, or 360. We might not like the idea of exclusives but it's a part of development and the gaming world, and as games like Journey shows it's here to stay. But I want you to note how in this entire paragraph I haven't bashed, belitted, or dismissed PC or its gamers.

What would be better is to focus on the possibility of B&S on consoles (I've said this line like 400 times already :laugh: )
Good for NCsoft, they should follow SE's lead with what they're doing with FFXIV.

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users