Blade & Soul Dojo: With next gen consoles almost here, Blade and Soul needs to make an appearance soon - Blade & Soul Dojo

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

With next gen consoles almost here, Blade and Soul needs to make an appearance soon Rate Topic: -----

User is offline   Mizuki 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Group: Members
  • LocationUSA
  • Race:Jin
  • Class:Blade Master

Posted Jan 23, 2013 - 9:37 PM

Before consoles evolved lots of people weren't playing MMO's as much as they could be. I see this being different with the new generation of consoles approaching, Final Fantasy XIV will be on the PS3 and PC but I think S-E will port it to the PS4 unless they feel people will actually keep their systems to play it, the PS4 isn't backwards compatible. Elder Scrolls Online , this may be the game that finally does WoW in due to the fact that with the stand alone version there's an infinite amount of things you can do. When that translates into an MMO, that's scary for the competition because people will always have something to do. There are so many people who play the series and now they finally have one spot where everyone from PS3 , 360 and PC can play together on the PC and maybe next gen systems. Bungie is working on an MMO from what I've heard and so is Blizzard.

The point off all this, those who would have normally tried Blade and Soul probably won't because they're going to be playing something else. I'm not sure what NcSoft plans to do with the game but with next gen consoles shaping up the way they are, pretty sure the MMO market will expand to it leaving a handful of other players on PC which not everyone can afford. Consoles always take a hit and make up for it via software
Posted Image
Lets go Blade and Soul!

User is offline   Tashigi 

• Optimized
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Class:Undecided

Posted Jan 23, 2013 - 9:55 PM

Well, you have a point: They have to hurry and they have to market a lot in the west if they expect the game to grab attention.
TES alone can be really, really scary for any MMO release and to think it's already in BETA in the west, even though it just came to light not even a year or so ago, that is really scary.

Then there is TITAN; which is Blizzard's code named future MMO.
And of course, the current existing MMO that keep being updated.

Still... you have to consider that a lot of the above MMO tend to usually cater to a similar crowd. While B&S will cater to a niche/small crowd. (I've been saying this for years).
So when you consider these things, it kind of doesn't matter what other MMO come out.

As for the console thing; it was kinda random of you to throw this in but I suspect/predict the future consoles will be mostly the same as they are today; except it might be easier to code/develop for, when it comes to multiplatform releases. Mostly due to the new engines that will be in place.
Still, Sony/MS and Nintendo seem to be stuck in a loop as of late, so... who knows? Honestly, I don't know nor do I care enough anymore.

User is offline   Mizuki 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • LocationUSA

Posted Jan 23, 2013 - 10:18 PM

I'm starting to see why people are against what they're doing with making it "work" for the western audience. As many have said the game is already done
Posted Image
Lets go Blade and Soul!

User is offline   Mythicalbrit 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Class:Kung-Fu Master

Posted Jan 23, 2013 - 10:25 PM

View PostMizuki, on Jan 23, 2013 - 10:18 PM, said:

I'm starting to see why people are against what they're doing with making it "work" for the western audience. As many have said the game is already done

The wait hurts them more then it does us, Alot of MMOs fail due to teasing their potential player base too much and taking too long to get into beta. So by the time they are in beta a LARGE portion of their player base as moved onto another MMO that released before them, if they keep this up another game WILL come in and sweep their legs from out underneath them.

User is offline   Chan 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted Jan 23, 2013 - 10:32 PM

NCsoft is now focusing on another field--Smartphone

and the CEO said that BNS Phone ver(not an APP) would come out at 2013 G-star,calling it"The Year of Smartphone"

User is offline   Vile Samael 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Character:Ryang Huan-Yong
  • Race:Lyn
  • Class:Summoner

Posted Jan 23, 2013 - 10:40 PM

BnS is an extremely slow to develop game. I mean, Vindictus was announced around the same time and was released years earlier than BnS even went into beta :/''

BnS needs to move faster if it wants to not be left behind, this whole taking forever to get to the west isn't gonna really cut it. If it isn't going to be at least a BETA in Q1 or very early Q2, then yeah they've announced it way earlier than they should have and they're going to lose players for it, especially if it goes P2P. At this rate, there'll be better or more appealing games that are just getting released.

EDIT: Also, I don't think that smartphone thing is actually real, IIRC

This post has been edited by Vile Samael: Jan 23, 2013 - 10:40 PM

Posted Image

User is offline   Fleija 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip
  • LocationUnited States

Posted Jan 23, 2013 - 11:19 PM

I'm just pissed that NcSoft won't talk to us... I'm slowly but surely losing interest in the game because so far, we don't even know if the game exists or whats going on with NcSoft. I HATE being left in the dark about things like this, and honestly NcSoft really hasn't presented any useful information about BnS for the west. (besides the fact that they announced the game was "coming to the west" in September... then they pretty much said the same thing in all their posts after that, but re-worded it a little. Stop saying the same crap and present your meager western fanbase with some goddamn FACTS, so we can continue to providing the little moral support that you have in the west)

I apologize for ranting, I try to avoid looking like an asshole on the internet, but damn! This been on my chest for a long time and I just wanted throw my feelings out there so I can chill out a little bit -_-

And the thing about the consoles...
I really don't think mmorpg (Asian mmorpg) would appeal to the console players in the west, especially since we grew up on shooter game and sports for the last decade( I live in the U.S and I can tell you from first hand experience, the only thing the majority of people care about over here is Call Of Duty and NBA 2K12).
Maybe if BnS is really successful on PC and there was a high demand for a console version, then they should give it a go on the consoles.

View PostVile Samael, on Jan 23, 2013 - 10:40 PM, said:

BnS is an extremely slow to develop game. I mean, Vindictus was announced around the same time and was released years earlier than BnS even went into beta :/''

BnS needs to move faster if it wants to not be left behind, this whole taking forever to get to the west isn't gonna really cut it. If it isn't going to be at least a BETA in Q1 or very early Q2, then yeah they've announced it way earlier than they should have and they're going to lose players for it, especially if it goes P2P. At this rate, there'll be better or more appealing games that are just getting released.

EDIT: Also, I don't think that smartphone thing is actually real, IIRC

Well Vindictus is a F2P published by NEXON (in the U.S), so they only needed to release like 20% of the game when it first came out. why? so they can release the next 80% in the next 5 or 6 years. Typical marketing strategy for F2P mmo :3

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted Jan 23, 2013 - 11:28 PM

Ok, and what's the problem with that? Any MMO develops most of its content over a number of years, that's how you keep people interested over a long period of time and get more money. BnS will be doing the same, although it's trying to put a lot more in at the start and may suffer for it.

Do you think WoW started off with more than 20% of its current content?

This post has been edited by Vile Samael: Jan 23, 2013 - 11:29 PM

Posted Image

User is offline   SeanX 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip

Posted Jan 23, 2013 - 11:31 PM

Im the big fan of BNS ~and since i played chinese close beta 2 last week, i really wanna know when is BNS come out in western. However, i am sure that there are a lot of fans in werten countries. I aways believe that wetern countries are way fastet than China, but Ncsoft just makes me disappoint.

User is offline   Fleija 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip
  • LocationUnited States

Posted Jan 23, 2013 - 11:49 PM

View PostVile Samael, on Jan 23, 2013 - 11:28 PM, said:

Ok, and what's the problem with that? Any MMO develops most of its content over a number of years, that's how you keep people interested over a long period of time and get more money. BnS will be doing the same, although it's trying to put a lot more in at the start and may suffer for it.

Do you think WoW started off with more than 20% of its current content?

never said it was a bad thing. just saying, F2P mmo usually try to take it to the extreme. for example: Maplestory...

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted Jan 23, 2013 - 11:58 PM

View PostSeli, on Jan 23, 2013 - 11:49 PM, said:

never said it was a bad thing. just saying, F2P mmo usually try to take it to the extreme. for example: Maplestory...

Alright, cool. (Neople's a terrible developer, I like devCAT waaaaay better. Much better games.)
Posted Image

User is offline   Lady Estellise 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Character:Lady Estellise

Posted Jan 24, 2013 - 12:38 AM

MAYBE they are focusing on the game rather than publicity? And will surprise us with a release VERY SOON!?! O:

If not... We have their names...
Meet the Team

We could find their houses. And stare into their windows..

This post has been edited by Lady Estellise: Jan 24, 2013 - 12:47 AM

Holy power that defies my enemies; Resist!

Posted Image
~Signature by Aery~

User is offline   ShadowMike 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Race:Gon

Posted Jan 24, 2013 - 12:53 AM

View PostVile Samael, on Jan 23, 2013 - 11:58 PM, said:

Alright, cool. (Neople's a terrible developer, I like devCAT waaaaay better. Much better games.)

Sarcasm senses tingling.

User is offline   Mythicalbrit 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip

Posted Jan 24, 2013 - 1:43 AM

View PostLady Estellise, on Jan 24, 2013 - 12:38 AM, said:

MAYBE they are focusing on the game rather than publicity? And will surprise us with a release VERY SOON!?! O:

If not... We have their names...
Meet the Team

We could find their houses. And stare into their windows..

Problem with that is if they are on the Final Quarter to get the game out then its fine but if they rnt then they have ruined themselves
also I dont suggest staring outside their windows you'd cause them stress and possibly to go into a mid life crisis delaying the game indefinitely

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted Jan 24, 2013 - 2:06 AM

View PostShadowMike, on Jan 24, 2013 - 12:53 AM, said:

Sarcasm senses tingling.

There was no sarcasm in that post at all, though :c It was all legitimate truths.

This post has been edited by Vile Samael: Jan 24, 2013 - 2:06 AM

Posted Image

User is offline   Nattsu 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip

Posted Jan 24, 2013 - 4:31 AM

I am gonna be honest here, and i know about a lot of ppl that agree with this.

-If BnS doesent release or let me into beta before Elder scrolls does, i might jump over to the Elder scrolls wagon..
So its relly a race to which releases first, the first one will get most of my attention. :matrix:

User is offline   KingOfAce 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted Jan 24, 2013 - 5:10 AM

View PostSeanX, on Jan 23, 2013 - 11:31 PM, said:

Im the big fan of BNS ~and since i played chinese close beta 2 last week, i really wanna know when is BNS come out in western. However, i am sure that there are a lot of fans in werten countries. I aways believe that wetern countries are way fastet than China, but Ncsoft just makes me disappoint.

you must be new to Ncsoft release method.

Chinese always get to release 1st bro
Facts about forum...
Someone will correct you over a trivial grammatical error,and it's usually because they're not intelligent enough to actually come up with a smart argument.
All the class are overpowered except the one you using.

geez its just a game have fun man...

User is offline   ShadowMike 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Race:Gon

Posted Jan 24, 2013 - 2:43 PM

View PostVile Samael, on Jan 24, 2013 - 2:06 AM, said:

There was no sarcasm in that post at all, though :c It was all legitimate truths.

Well I guess it is your opinion but I personally believe Neople is a good developer (play DFO religiously). Besides Vindictus I don't really know any note worthy games Devcat has worked on. The reason for my previous comment was that your post just shocked me and the only reason I can conceive of anyone saying that is sarcasm. Sure because of Vindictus alone Devcat looks like a boss, but have you seen what Neople has done with Dungeon & Fighter!?
On topic I believe that this game will do good regardless of when it comes out even when the other two next gen consoles (because I do count Wii U as a next gen console) come out simply because its a PC game. Next gen is going to launch with crap games most likely and Blade and Soul will look so appealing next to them. The only thing we should be worried about is the ignorant western MMO players who look at Blade & Soul and say, "its not like WoW, this game sucks" and go off to play western MMO's which to me all look exactly the same.

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted Jan 24, 2013 - 3:30 PM

View PostShadowMike, on Jan 24, 2013 - 2:43 PM, said:

Well I guess it is your opinion but I personally believe Neople is a good developer (play DFO religiously). Besides Vindictus I don't really know any note worthy games Devcat has worked on. The reason for my previous comment was that your post just shocked me and the only reason I can conceive of anyone saying that is sarcasm. Sure because of Vindictus alone Devcat looks like a boss, but have you seen what Neople has done with Dungeon & Fighter!?
On topic I believe that this game will do good regardless of when it comes out even when the other two next gen consoles (because I do count Wii U as a next gen console) come out simply because its a PC game. Next gen is going to launch with crap games most likely and Blade and Soul will look so appealing next to them. The only thing we should be worried about is the ignorant western MMO players who look at Blade & Soul and say, "its not like WoW, this game sucks" and go off to play western MMO's which to me all look exactly the same.

DFO's cash shop is really P2W :/'' I mean yeah other than that it's good, but the cash shop is really gross. Mabinogi was also by devCAT. and Mabinogi II: Arena is currently in development. Mabinogi and Vindictus have great, balanced cash shops except for the pricing on some items in Vindictus.

But yeah back to the regular topic, carry on.
Posted Image

User is offline   Mickey 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Character:Mickey
  • Guild:Thieves Den

Posted Jan 24, 2013 - 4:08 PM

If next gen consoles are coming B&S(and other good mmos besides DCUO) will either have to go to console game or i won't play them for awhile.

This post has been edited by Stacked Ares: Jan 24, 2013 - 4:08 PM

Posted Image
E-Vel Mickey<-- I'M SO FLUFFY I'M GONNA DIE

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users