Blade & Soul Dojo: Gaming keyboard and mouse - Blade & Soul Dojo

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Gaming keyboard and mouse How to choose?

User is online   Supershaser 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Character:Supershaser
  • Race:Jin
  • Class:Blade Master
  • Guild:None yet

Posted Jan 23, 2013 - 12:02 PM

Hello everyone, I recently bought this new comp, but I am still using a very old keyboard and mouse for it. :embarrassed:
I have no knowledge about gaming keyboards and mice. Some say the amount of dpi is very important for a mouse, while others say it's the weight that's more important.
I also heard the mousepad is very important for gamers, but what am I to look for in a mousepad, aren't they all the same? (I don't have a mousepad) Some of them can be very pricey, but what makes the difference?
I hope someone can explain to me what mouse(pad) or keyboard to choose since I have no idea.

What I am going to play with it:
Blade and Soul (of course)
League of Legends/DoTa
FPS games

My budget for a mouse, mousepad and keyboard is around the 130 euros.

Preferences: nice looking LEDs on the keyboard and mouse, sidebuttons on mouse and a comfortable keyboard.

User is offline   LightningKiller 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Character:LightningKiller
  • Class:Kung-Fu Master
  • Guild:HysTeria

Posted Jan 23, 2013 - 1:40 PM

i still have a microsoft 3.0 gaming mouse , a steelseries qck fnatic mousepad/surface , one month ago i update my keyboard, i bought a razer lycosa keyboard , for playing BnS , Fps , dota , mmo , the keyboard rules for me :p , the mouse for fps have a good sensibility , also my surface help me alot :p , my headphone is a normal one beats pro , idk if help in games cuz when i play i turn on the music xD...

mouspad/surface : 20 euros
mouse : 47.68 euros
keyboard : 60.08 euros

the mouse i use , i bought like 1 year ago :p....

This post has been edited by LightningKiller: Jan 23, 2013 - 1:48 PM

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip

Posted Jan 23, 2013 - 2:40 PM

View PostLightningKiller, on Jan 23, 2013 - 1:40 PM, said:

i still have a microsoft 3.0 gaming mouse , a steelseries qck fnatic mousepad/surface , one month ago i update my keyboard, i bought a razer lycosa keyboard , for playing BnS , Fps , dota , mmo , the keyboard rules for me :p , the mouse for fps have a good sensibility , also my surface help me alot :p , my headphone is a normal one beats pro , idk if help in games cuz when i play i turn on the music xD...

mouspad/surface : 20 euros
mouse : 47.68 euros
keyboard : 60.08 euros

the mouse i use , i bought like 1 year ago :p....

The keyboard and mousepad does seem nice though I'd rather not buy any microsoft mouse xD
So how is the keyboard? I heard that one has problems if you dont press in the middle of the keys? Read some reviews about it people saying Razer product break fast idk if it's true. And what is it that makes a mousepad good? Does it need to be rough or smooth or anything?

User is offline   Mickey 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Character:Mickey
  • Race:Lyn
  • Guild:Thieves Den

Posted Jan 23, 2013 - 2:51 PM

a regular mouse/board is fine.
Posted Image
E-Vel Mickey<-- I'M SO FLUFFY I'M GONNA DIE

User is offline   Revast 

• Greetings!
  • View gallery
  • Group: Administrators
  • Character:Revast
  • Class:Assassin

Posted Jan 23, 2013 - 3:11 PM

I recently decided to upgrade my keyboard to a mechanical red switch from a Logitech G15.

I play a lot of quick pace twitch play games like SC2, LoL, DOTA2 and now B&S. I feel like a good red switch mechanical keyboard is the way to go for those types of games, it makes double taping a breeze. Of course, red key switches might not be for you, a lot of people find it easy to "fat finger" other keys with reds. I would suggest looking into mechanical keyboards and the different color switches if you don't already know about them, they just feel so right! Here's a nice place to learn about the different color switches.

I invested in a Ducky Shine 2, Cherry MX Red Switch with Blue LEDs.

As far as a mouse goes, I prefer anything Logitech really. I use the Logitech G9x at the moment.
Posted Image
Twitch - Twitter

Remember to read our Forum Rules before posting!
Have a Blade & Soul related question? Check our FAQ before creating a topic/post.
Found a topic/post that violates our Forum Rules? Use the Report button and we'll deal with it!

User is offline   LightningKiller 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Character:LightningKiller
  • Guild:HysTeria

Posted Jan 23, 2013 - 3:19 PM

the keyboard worth fine for me , the keyboard keys is so soft and the comfort is great , one of my friend got this keyboard from 1 year ago and still 100% of functionality..

View PostRevast, on Jan 23, 2013 - 3:11 PM, said:

As far as a mouse goes, I prefer anything Logitech really. I use the Logitech G9x at the moment.

arh :) , you remember me the first logitech mouse i got :p , and was Optical Gaming Mouse G400 is a good mouse too , but for the comfort i prefer the microsoft 3.0 :)...

This post has been edited by LightningKiller: Jan 23, 2013 - 3:25 PM

User is offline   Aari 

• Dojo Sensei
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Character:Aari

Posted Jan 23, 2013 - 4:02 PM

As for Keyboard im Using the Corsair K90 and I really like it.
Its a mixture of Mechanical and Normal Keyboard. All the main keys are mechanical while the additional keys like the F keys that Page up Page down Delete block are normal soft keys.

As for my mouse, there is nothing better then the Razer Naga for MMO's. At least for Tera, I can't imagine playing with any other mouse, it would be impossible.
For BnS, since you don't have as many skills I'll prolly try out the Razer Naga Hex. Im playing the Korean version with the normal Razer Naga.
Posted Image
Click the Picute for a Livestream with B&S and Tera in 1080p
Youtube Channel with BnS Gameplay & Guides

User is offline   Leaf 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Character:Naai
  • Class:Summoner
  • Guild:Still searching

Posted Jan 23, 2013 - 4:08 PM

The Logitech G600 mouse is the one I use for games, those extra keys are pretty handy.
电信二区 - 斩天诀

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip

Posted Jan 23, 2013 - 4:31 PM

View PostRevast, on Jan 23, 2013 - 3:11 PM, said:

I recently decided to upgrade my keyboard to a mechanical red switch from a Logitech G15.

I play a lot of quick pace twitch play games like SC2, LoL, DOTA2 and now B&S. I feel like a good red switch mechanical keyboard is the way to go for those types of games, it makes double taping a breeze. Of course, red key switches might not be for you, a lot of people find it easy to "fat finger" other keys with reds. I would suggest looking into mechanical keyboards and the different color switches if you don't already know about them, they just feel so right! Here's a nice place to learn about the different color switches.

I invested in a Ducky Shine 2, Cherry MX Red Switch with Blue LEDs.

Wow that made it a lot more clear about the different types of keyboards. I don't think the red switches suits me since I sometime press 2 buttons at the same time xD. Also that Ducky Shine 2 is very nice, too bad it's about 130 euros, which is my total budget for mouse and keyboard. The logitech mouse also seems very nice I might consider it too.

View PostAari, on Jan 23, 2013 - 4:02 PM, said:

As for Keyboard im Using the Corsair K90 and I really like it.
Its a mixture of Mechanical and Normal Keyboard. All the main keys are mechanical while the additional keys like the F keys that Page up Page down Delete block are normal soft keys.

As for my mouse, there is nothing better then the Razer Naga for MMO's. At least for Tera, I can't imagine playing with any other mouse, it would be impossible.
For BnS, since you don't have as many skills I'll prolly try out the Razer Naga Hex. Im playing the Korean version with the normal Razer Naga.

After reading the previous article I'd rather take a full mechanical keyboard right away cause it seems better in the long run. That razar naga is also very nice but it may get a little too expensive if I want to get a good keyboard and mousepad with it. (btw the mouse is 70 euros here)

View PostLeaf, on Jan 23, 2013 - 4:08 PM, said:

The Logitech G600 mouse is the one I use for games, those extra keys are pretty handy.

Wow that are a lot of side buttons, a lot indeed. Also it has 8200 dpi, which is the highest I have seen so far. Is it with mouse dpi higher=better or is there some catch to it? The price is pretty low for some reason, I see it for only 47 euros here so it's quite possible to buy.

Thanks for the replies guys, I also need some of your views on this keyboard I found: Logitech G110 gaming keyboard

User is offline   Yoshiro Numata 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Class:Undecided

Posted Jan 23, 2013 - 4:37 PM

My advice dont buy razer stuff
Got a logitech mx518 best value mouse in my opinion

This post has been edited by Yoshiro Numata: Jan 23, 2013 - 4:39 PM

User is offline   Fatal 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Race:Gon
  • Class:Destroyer

Posted Jan 23, 2013 - 4:39 PM

A mechanical keyboard of your choice and a mouse with a perfect sensor.

mechanical keyboards I can recommend:
Any coolermaster
corsair's k60 and k90
Any filco
Any ducky
steelseries 6gv2/7g
noppoo choc mini

http://elitekeyboard...ort.php?lang=en
read that for more about mech keyboards.

Mice with perfect sensors, off the top of my head:
Logitech g400
All the zowie mice
Razer deathadder
Coolermaster CM storm spawn

http://www.teamliqui...topic_id=333648
and mouse info.

Perfect sensors aren't that big of a deal outside of FPS though, so buy a mouse that's most comfortable to you.

In my opinion mousepad doesn't really matter all that much, I'd say use the cheapest you can find but quite a few people swear by the steelseries QCK pads.

I'd recommend against the g110, you're better off spending a little more on a mech keyboard at that price

This post has been edited by Fatal: Jan 23, 2013 - 4:48 PM

User is offline   Yasuke 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • LocationCanada
  • Character:Valee

Posted Jan 23, 2013 - 5:16 PM

Well i'd say to get a Corsair k90 for keyboard and m90 for for mouse if your an mmo focused player been using it for a while and so far best i've ever used.

Well i guess my opinion is kinda biased when it comes to corsair tho they product quality is just outstanding in my opinion ( Corsair fan boy here)

User is offline   Leaf 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Character:Naai
  • Class:Summoner
  • Guild:Still searching

Posted Jan 23, 2013 - 7:00 PM

View PostSupershaser, on Jan 23, 2013 - 4:31 PM, said:

Wow that are a lot of side buttons, a lot indeed. Also it has 8200 dpi, which is the highest I have seen so far. Is it with mouse dpi higher=better or is there some catch to it? The price is pretty low for some reason, I see it for only 47 euros here so it's quite possible to buy.

If you like to move your mouse around your whole table while playing you can use a mouse with a low DPI. But if you prefer to make small movements you might want a higher DPI. The only downside I noticed about this mouse is that it's a bit heavier than most regular mice and it needs some time to get used to, but besides that everything's great.
电信二区 - 斩天诀

User is offline   Aari 

• Dojo Sensei
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Character:Aari

Posted Jan 24, 2013 - 1:15 AM

View PostSupershaser, on Jan 23, 2013 - 4:31 PM, said:

After reading the previous article I'd rather take a full mechanical keyboard right away cause it seems better in the long run. That razar naga is also very nice but it may get a little too expensive if I want to get a good keyboard and mousepad with it. (btw the mouse is 70 euros here)

I dont think that that is gonna be too much of a problem. I tend to not be all to nice to my Keyboards but its still working fine, be it mechanical or softkeys.
The thing I really like about the K90 is how its build, the Keys are basicly outsite of the Board and you can look under them, that makes it really easy to clean (Wich is important for me, gaming all the time and eating infront of the PC as well, haha)
Posted Image
Click the Picute for a Livestream with B&S and Tera in 1080p
Youtube Channel with BnS Gameplay & Guides

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip

Posted Jan 26, 2013 - 3:37 PM

Awesome there is a Tax free sale at our hardware shop so 21% off of everything :D might be able to get stuff above my budget now :big_smile:

Alright I made my choice that it's going to be a razer deathadder (because I have rather big hands and it is more comfortable). BUT, now is the question whether i take the regular one, (3500 dpi infrared sensor) or the 2013 version of the same mouse (6400 dpi optical sensor).
I heard laser sensors were better, but why would they make an upgraded version with an optical tracker, makes no sense, does it?

User is offline   Fatal 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Class:Destroyer

Posted Jan 27, 2013 - 12:09 PM

Laser sensors track better on bad surfaces but optical sensors have had a much longer time to mature and are the closest thing to perfect tracking with a decent surface.

DPI that high isn't really important. I use 1250 and never lift my mouse. If I recall correctly the deathadder's new sensor is just as accurate as the old one's so either is going to be great.

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip

Posted Jan 27, 2013 - 2:17 PM

Ok thanks for the information. I ordered the DeathAdder 2013 version with a Steelseries 4HD mousepad, they say works good for optical mice. As for the keyboard, I am going to buy that next month since I'll have more to spend on it then now and this keyboard isn't so bad even though it's from ~2003.

User is offline   zyzolol 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Race:Undecided

Posted Feb 04, 2013 - 11:41 AM

For MMORPGS the keyboard and mouse is quite irrelevant. RTS games benefit a little more from a good Keyboard whereas in a FPS-shoot em' up's would gain more from a good Mouse.

All in all, noneed to go expensive, and if you're only aiming to play BNS or WoW or any other similar game, then noneed to upgrade at all.

The gaming accessory will not make you a better player, only training will.

This post has been edited by zyzolol: Feb 04, 2013 - 11:45 AM

WOW: Season 1 & 2 Gladiator - Rogue/Mage | High Warlord Title (rank14) | World #27 Tier 11 Clear
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PC: Quad Core i7 - 3770K | Sabertooth Z77 | SSD 840 PRO 256GB | 2x - ZOTAC GTX 670 2GB AMP! (SLI)

User is offline   Faiyez 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationCosta Rica
  • Character:Faiyez

Posted Feb 07, 2013 - 9:34 PM

Kind of a ridiculous to have a nice PC to play games on if you're using a cheapo low end mouse.

I just got me a Logitech G500 and steelseries pad. Looking good so far!
Posted Image

User is offline   Ice_Tea 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Class:Undecided

Posted Feb 25, 2013 - 7:36 PM

View PostSupershaser, on Jan 27, 2013 - 2:17 PM, said:

Ok thanks for the information. I ordered the DeathAdder 2013 version with a Steelseries 4HD mousepad, they say works good for optical mice. As for the keyboard, I am going to buy that next month since I'll have more to spend on it then now and this keyboard isn't so bad even though it's from ~2003.

Steel series pad + Razer mouse has been problematic for me. But then again, that might have been caused by the un-optimised mouse settings. DPI is not at all important when it comes to MMOs since you won't need to react instantaneously. Having more DPI on your mouse means more sensitivity and thus your cursor moves around much faster which is not at all necessary(most modern mice are sufficient for MMO needs). Get a naga if you think your thumb can handle all the buttons. I tried using my Razer mamba on maximum DPI settings and it was such a pain to click things as any slight hand movement became a huge movement of the cursor. As for keyboards, I personally prefer one of those that resemble laptop keyboards. Mechanical keyboards allow you to know if a key has been registered right away but they are still much harder to press down. the raised height of they keys for mechanical keyborads is a major minus in my opinion as well as all the noise that one generates(most of them have a distinctive "click" sound when buttons are pressed down.). I am a big fan of Razer gaming peripherals therefore I would recommend the Lycosa or Death stalker, with ther former having extra Macro buttons and buttons with a grip coating (not really a good addition as the coating is rubber and gets worn out rather quickly if you're a hardcore gamer). Although I do recommend the basic Deathstalker, it feels like one of those cheap keyboards. Nonetheless, just like alienware and ASUS ROG, people buy it for the sake of it. Logitec peripherrals are a better choice if you want more bang for your buck. Call me brainwashed but I don't find the other brands appealing or professional enough.

This post has been edited by Ice_Tea: Feb 25, 2013 - 7:37 PM

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users